Sports Interactive Community
gillsminnow

World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

From Ladbrokes:

Could well be account specific but worth a try. :)

Re. The WORLDCUP promo code, have you had your free bet credited?

I entered the promo code and it seemed to work (thanks for posting that by the way :thump:) but not had the free bet show up yet. Unfortunately their live chat is down at the moment.

Colombia at evens to beat Uruguay, bit high IMO. Uruguay were useless without Suarez and Colombia look like a very good side.

I like that bet, it is still evens with Ladbrokes

Re. The WORLDCUP promo code, have you had your free bet credited?

I entered the promo code and it seemed to work (thanks for posting that by the way :thump:) but not had the free bet show up yet. Unfortunately their live chat is down at the moment.

Me too but it seems it was account specific only unfortunately.

If you have any luck on live chat let me know :thup:

I have had my free bet credited. I have to use it by 2/7/14.

Me too but it seems it was account specific only unfortunately.

If you have any luck on live chat let me know :thup:

I ended up calling them and the guy sorted out the free bet for me, so it's worth chasing it up

Well my group winners bet was in the toilet not long after the competition started, is there anyone that could have predicted all the group winners?

I have 1 bet left that is keeping me interested and that is Muller to be top scorer and Germany to win the WC, at this moment in time I do not think I would change that for anyone else.

It's not a big bet but it is nice to have something going on.

Algeria come through for my biggest result yet; pre-tournament Lucky 15 of Japan, Nigeria, USA and Algeria to qualify for the knockouts.

I'm nervous now. Stand to win about £1500 if Joel Campbell stays as joint top team scorer for Costa Rica.

Currently he is joint with 4 others (dead heat rules, but if he can score again has a chance of being top Costa Rica scorer.

My worry is another player scores my 5 fold could wipe out.

Praying for a Greece win to 0. Or Campbell to score a few goals.

Can't think what lay bets I can do in case another player scores a few goals

Any advice?

I have had my free bet credited. I have to use it by 2/7/14.

Where was the promo code posted do you know? Just in case they ask where I found it :D

Just had my £50 free bet through from PP messenger for Australia conceding the most in their sweepstake thing. I was worried that only Cameroon would get it by virtue of scoring less but it looks like Australia are also getting it :cool:

2 markets the bookies got wrong pre-tournament:

It had Iran lowest scorer @7/1, with several teams shorter odds. And secondly it had Australia total goals to be conceded 6 or more @ evens.

Cameroon if I remember it also had priced high around 11/1.

Got these for the next round of games. #81 and #83 are free bets, #84 and #85 are from profit I made on a placepot today. Withdrew out initial stakes and invested the profit into these.

6f67b97e952769b4ba25e7d8cf6451a7.png

dead6d0ef7db4994142701533183810b.png

I see RVP is 11/1 to be top scorer. This doesn't seem a bad bet to me. He is only 1 behind at the moment and arguably has an easier route (Mexico and then Costa Rica/Greece). His 3 goals have only come from 2 games as well due to a suspension so he's in decent form. Have used a couple of my paddypower free bets on that.

Also gone MM on Columbia, holland, Belgium and Costa Rica. All evens or above apart from the holland-Mexico BTTS part.

Not sure I should have added Costa Rica in, that was probably a mistake.

Ha, I hadn't looked at your selections properly! The other 3 seem decent odds though, especially the Columbia/holland wins at over evens.

Since there are very few matches in the coming days, and I've got a lot of free time, I thought I might just price up the entire first goalscorer books for the probable starting elevens. Prices are what I believe the odds should be. There will obviously be some subjectivity, but my math has worked long term.

Brazil:

Dani Alves - 25.5

Thiago Silva - 51

David Luiz - 51

Marcelo - 29

Luiz Gustavo - 76.5

Paulinho - 18.5

Oscar - 9.2

Fred - 7.65

Hulk - 17

Neymar - 6.12

The Chile book is tougher, as they aren't as predictable, but I expect them to line up like they did against the Netherlands and Spain, with three centre-backs.

Chile:

Medel - 51.2

Silva - 96

Jara - 85.5

Isla - 96

Mena - 53.3

Aranguiz - 48

Diaz - 128

Vidal - 30

Sanchez - 13.91

Vargas - 10.67

I'll do the Colombia - Uruguay book soon

Got a bit of money to gamble with so here goes my second attempt at betting this tournament :lol:

MM of Brazil (not got the right values there but I really believe that that Brazil will win with at least a goal-apiece so...), Colombia, Costa Rica and Holland.

Costa Rica BTTS may be tough - Greece winning to nil likely so I'm thinking of sticking a fiver on Greece the only team to score @ 4.20... think that's a good shout? Think there's value in it. Although Greece 1-0 is @ 7.00 and Greece 2-0 is @ 15.00, so maybe take a punt on one of those two. Way I see it, Costa Rica will either win with a couple goals or Greece will shut them out completely and find a goal themselves. I can see 2-1 to CRC or 0-1 to GRE. Dunno, waffling a bit here. Will not place any bets on it (bar the MM one) until closer to the actual game.

WilliamHill offering Neymar & Sanchez both to score (in 90 mins) @ 7.00 which I think is a pretty good shout - both the main threat of their respective teams and have to fancy that if both teams are to score, the two mentioned will play some involvement in them.

Colombia:

Zuniga - 131

Zapata - 87.5

Yepes - 45.75

Armero - 70

Sanchez - 105

Aguilar - 23

Rodriguez - 8.75

Ibarbo - 19

Gutierrez - 6.75

Cuadrado - 15.75

Uruguay:

Caceres - 206

Gimenez - 138

Godin - 68.75

Pereira - 46

Rodriguez - 34.5

Arevalo - 270

Lodeiro - 36.7

Gonzalez - 82.5

Forlan - 11.8

Cavani - 8.13

Have a few outlandish doubles on today's games, not expecting much. I note Brazil are 13/2 to go through in extra-time with Paddy Power, though, that looks tasty enough.

JD you BETTER have got evens or more on Brazil-Chile BTTS or I'm going to be disappointed in you!

Totesport have a "big" World Cup enhancement at 10am today according to their twitter. Could be an anti-climax but worth checking anyway, hopefully it's good.

Just had my £50 free bet through from PP messenger for Australia conceding the most in their sweepstake thing. I was worried that only Cameroon would get it by virtue of scoring less but it looks like Australia are also getting it :cool:

Ha, just checked my account and I have a £50 free bet from that sweepstake even though I didn't/couldn't enter it (no messenger app). Don't even know what team they allocated me but I'm not complaining :D

JD you BETTER have got evens or more on Brazil-Chile BTTS or I'm going to be disappointed in you!

I'm so sorry master Gills, forgive me, please! :(

:D

You can't take both under evens man, it doesn't benefit you in ANY way.

You'd need BOTH selections to win to make any money. You'd be better off reducing it from say a 4-fold at 25p a line to a treble at 50p a line. Better returns per line without the risk of the team you select not scoring in the other one.

I'll use an analogy which fits hopefully...

You and a friend go fishing, you only get one go at catching a fish each. In this particular pond there's a large fish (your selections at 2.0+) and a minnow (selections under 2.0). Two guys, two rods, two fish, one pond. Each day you spend fishing (each match) costs you 2.0 worth of fish to keep you well fed. You can get by on a smaller amount but if you catch nothing atall you both go hungry and have to go home. If both your BTTS and Team To Win (TTW) are 2.0+ then you're stocking that pond with two decent sized fish that would feed you both for the day with some surplus to add to tomorrow's haul.

If you catch a minnow (odds between 1.5-1.99) then you can still feed you and your mate but you'll still be feeling a bit hungry as you haven't fully fed but you'll still be able to go fishing tomorrow (carry on to the next match). If you go fishing in a pond with two minnows then you cannot fully feed you both unless you catch BOTH the minnows in that pond.

I understand, I do - but I'm really confident of Brazil to win BTTS. Could've taken the WH option of just that I guess... dunno why I didn't, in hindsight.

e: on the brightside, the odds of the other 6 selections are all above evens, bar one (NED/MEX BTTS Yes @ 1.95). The rest are 2.0, 2.05, 2.1, 2.25 and 2.5. :D

Karim Benzema to outscore Emmanuel Emenike is 11/2 on Paddy Power. Anyone with a PP account should jump right on that, they've botched it up and got the odds the wrong way round. (Emenike to outscore Benzema is 7/5).

Karim Benzema to outscore Emmanuel Emenike is 11/2 on Paddy Power. Anyone with a PP account should jump right on that, they've botched it up and got the odds the wrong way round. (Emenike to outscore Benzema is 7/5).

Can't find the market?

Match Specials under the Goalscorer markets.

Yeah got on too,nice find.

Hopefully they wont put it down as an error.

What happens if neither player scores?

£30 free bet from Paddy Power on David Luiz fgs. It's not real money anyway :D

Also £10 on Brazil to win in 90 mins.

I must be one of the few people who are actually not making a profit out of this World Cup, so expect Chile to win convincingly.

Can't find tha benzema bet on the app??

Put my free £50 from the PP sweepstake on that Benzema bet, 'mon! Cheers for pointing it out av3ry.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

£30 free bet from Paddy Power on David Luiz fgs. It's not real money anyway :D

Also £10 on Brazil to win in 90 mins.

I must be one of the few people who are actually not making a profit out of this World Cup, so expect Chile to win convincingly.

It's real money now :D

£30 free bet from Paddy Power on David Luiz fgs. It's not real money anyway :DAlso £10 on Brazil to win in 90 mins.I must be one of the few people who are actually not making a profit out of this World Cup, so expect Chile to win convincingly.
Haha well played man, well played.

That is superb. Well in GB!

Just hope they don't give it as an OG, as that's what it was imo.

The bet has been ratified by PP. £990!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M RICH!! IM RICH!!!

think u been luckey there on bbc website down as a own goal

The bet has been ratified by PP. £990!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M RICH!! IM RICH!!!

Withdraw that now.

Some sites have taken money back in the past. If you withdraw they can't do anything.

Well I had Brazil to win, BTTS and another separate bet on Neymar & Sanchez to both score in 90 minutes.

So keemon Neymar winner :cool: Would net me at least £35 and then I have 3 other MM bets and I stuck the remaining five quid on my account on Brazil and Colombia BTTS double (returns £76).