World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

gillsminnow

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Hearts fan won over £83,000 last night, Germany winning the world cup the final part of this 5-fold - https://twitter.com/SkyBet/status/488450976307630081

What gets me is the way some of them happened, so dramatic :D

City winning the league on the last day

QPR Promoted with a last minute goal in the playoffs

Real Madrid winning the CL in extra time

Germany winning the World Cup in extra time

Not only Madrid winning the CL in ET, but equalising in the 93rd minute to even force ET in the first place :D

Think I'm in the minority that didn't make a profit this WC, £16.70 down on my antepost and £8.89 down on my bets during the tournament means a loss of around £25 :thdn: that's assuming I didn't win the blind sweepstake at work, since I included all sweepstake/predictions entries as stakes in my antepost spreadsheet. Most of that loss is the £20 staked on Messi to top score although he did repay himself with free bets of which I only managed to convert one into money :(

Think I ended up about £25 up over the course of 100~ bets.

Came so, so close on a hell of a lot of them. Couple only a goal away from £250~ winnings each time. Another goal for Muller would've seen another £270

Think the result that knocked most of my bets was Uruguay losing to Costa Rica :D

Up about £750 despite my two main bets losing :D

If Argentina had won and Messi had been top scorer I'd have won about £3k I think.Clearly have jinxed the golden ball award in my favour though, had a bet on Messi who clearly didn't deserve it after winning on Thiago being u21 player of the tournament and I Iniesta winning the euro 2012 golden ball.

• Administrators
Might as well stick my neck out with my actual bets thus far:

A fair few long-odds shots for Golden Boot:

Eden Hazard 80/1

Aleksandr Kokorin 150/1

Vedad Ibisevic 150/1

Josip Drmic 100/1

Hulk 50/1

Some individual country top scorers

Hazard Belgium 6/1

Son Heung-Min Korea 15/2

Juan Cuadrado Colombia 16/1

Karim Ansarifard Iran 8/1

Yoshito Okubo Japan 9/1

Enner Valencia Ecuador 7/1

Carlos Pena Mexico 20/1

Ivica Olic Croatia 8/1

Vincent Aboubakar Cameroon 13/2

A lucky 15 of Japan, USA, Nigeria and Algeria to qualify from their groups and a pair of singles and a double on Ecuador and Ivory Coast to finish last in their groups.

Those in bold came off (I cashed out on Olic when he scored his first and before Mandzukic added two more :D) and meant I finished up but not by much. Was well happy with that Lucky 15 though.

Archived