Does bringing through youth philosophy affect future transfer budget ??

Just curious to hear from others who have asked the board right at the beginning to allow you to develop your own youth players as part of the clubs vision if that has affected how much the board gave you in future transfer funds.

I started a save with Rangers and as I wanted to concentrate on youth whilst coming up through the lower divisions,, I stated that was the way I saw the club going and asked for them to consider it as one of the priorities.

Now I am back in the Prem lg and chasing a strong Celtic side I could do with adding some established players to the squad,, but I seem to be getting next to no funds. I have seen in the Rangers forum that some in there have been getting 10mil from season 3 onwards (in SPFL) ,,whereas me,, im in season 2 back up and only got about 180k !! My wage budget hasn't been increased much either.

In fact the last time I asked the board for cash ,, they actually came back with something along the lines of " You said you wanted to develop youth players so we reject this request"

Then finally in Dec of season 2 they reluctantly gave me 3mil,,, however they refused to raise the wages so about 1,4mil of that went to extending player/staff contracts now all wanting SPFL level pay.

Think I have made this save a lot tougher than it could have been,, but still getting right into it.

Anyone else had a similar experience ??

Aye I tried that and my Board said that I had had that opportunity when I accepted my new contract therefore we reject this request,,, thing is when I took the new contract out I did try and they rejected it lol.

I think theyre happy just no spending and I have given them a great excuse :(

I avoid philosophies where possible. More trouble than they are worth. I always look to build with youth whether its through academy or purchasing youth potential talents. However I never ask for that as a philosophy for reasons like you've mentioned. My 3 tactics I often use see us creating many chances per game but never dominating possession. I've had issues where the board have complained at me for not playing attacking football like my philosophy says despite winning constantly 3,4,5-0 each week and walking the league.

Lesson learned ,, gave to end of that season and it was all the same again,,, restarting a new save with Gers. This time no philosophies other than attacking football,, which for any Rangers side should be a given anyway.

Will still try developing and using youth,,just not asking to be judged on it this time.

I've had the philosophy to bring through youth my entire career and I've never had a concern about it affecting the transfer budget.

For a long time the board has even been happy to give me more to spend than what's available (and what I could possibly get around to spend)

The only thing it has done is make the board more willing to spend on youth when requested (and in turn that obviously affect the money available for transfers and wages)

NqwQCoa.jpg

ZKPhrHI.jpg

wT8WZQ2.jpg

Forest Green Rovers. That was in 2030/31, I'm just about to start next season.

I should mention that I've sold players for a lot of money. The Manager history page has it listed as being: Bought £405m, Sold £1.24b

Aye I tried that and my Board said that I had had that opportunity when I accepted my new contract therefore we reject this request,,, thing is when I took the new contract out I did try and they rejected it lol.

I think theyre happy just no spending and I have given them a great excuse :(

So you are trying to get a scottish team who got dissolved for spending too much money, to spend more money when you got success without spending money?

Just curious to hear from others who have asked the board right at the beginning to allow you to develop your own youth players as part of the clubs vision if that has affected how much the board gave you in future transfer funds.

I started a save with Rangers and as I wanted to concentrate on youth whilst coming up through the lower divisions,, I stated that was the way I saw the club going and asked for them to consider it as one of the priorities.

Now I am back in the Prem lg and chasing a strong Celtic side I could do with adding some established players to the squad,, but I seem to be getting next to no funds. I have seen in the Rangers forum that some in there have been getting 10mil from season 3 onwards (in SPFL) ,,whereas me,, im in season 2 back up and only got about 180k !! My wage budget hasn't been increased much either.

In fact the last time I asked the board for cash ,, they actually came back with something along the lines of " You said you wanted to develop youth players so we reject this request"

Then finally in Dec of season 2 they reluctantly gave me 3mil,,, however they refused to raise the wages so about 1,4mil of that went to extending player/staff contracts now all wanting SPFL level pay.

Think I have made this save a lot tougher than it could have been,, but still getting right into it.

Anyone else had a similar experience ??

Your transfer budget as well as wages will be mostly impacted by your financial situation, not so much your overall philosophy. For example, in my current game, I have € 1 billion in the bank and the board is offering me a transfer budget of € 600 million since years each year, budget that I rarely use as I develop youths that I then sell hence why I have so much cash.

Guest xwzq@

And, besides other interesting threads, although I find playing for non-immediate growth an acceptable approach, and I don't have a recent save like this, there is correlation with fixed or not, amounts paid at the end of every season. The degression of transfer budget is not doing things better off, as you can’t depend there for planning and buying players. A new, different allocation would be more effective.

I'm in my 7th season with Falkirk and I receive around 8m a season. Part of it is managing your wage budget and selling youngsters that won't make your team (I have a young squad already). I've won the last 3 SPLs with a wage budget of 80-130k. I find myself not really spending that much money as I seen to have an excellent academy and scouting network.

Archived