Sports Interactive Community
Zoetermeer

How To Combine Two Domestic Leagues?

I want to create a new 'Iberian League' -- imagine that La Liga and the Portuguese league decide to merge and form one league, where the second-tier leagues in both nations feed into the main one (but still 20 teams or so). Is this even possible? It seems that a league can either be a 'domestic cup' associated with a particular nation, or a club championship associated with a continent (but not a limited list of countries).

i think its best option to set this like continental competition. just need to make changes to nations default competitions so you you dont have date clashes

To do this, make it in one nation, say, Spain, and then make it so that all teams and leagues have their nation set to Spain(there must be NO teams with nation set to Portugal for this to work properly) then set the based nation and continental cup nation of the Portuguese teams to Portugal. There'd be no real way to make 100% sure teams would be promoted/relegated into the correct divisions(you can use regional division and competition region limits to make it as close as possible, but relegations and promotions won't be always be even), but it will make sure correct regen nationalities and European competition qualification is used.

I did this with a British League using England, and even though they were in the second league down, Aberdeen and Motherwell were selected for the UEFA Cup as they were the second and third highest placed Scottish teams(only Celtic were in the Premiership as I put teams into their applicable division by reputation).