Player Value & Rating

Hi guys,

just after some advice.

does a players value represent how good he is in the game, the reason I ask is.

Martin Kelly on my Liverpool save has been doing fantastic for me and he's value is £9.5m(He's value seems to go up and down all season long) but my scouts ratings for him is 2 stars.

where as I have Sakho and Umtiti who's value is at about 30m and they are 4 stars.

Kelly performs better than both of these two, even Flanagan who's star rating was 1 1/2 with a value of 2m has been doing better.

its confusing how the value to rating works.

I could be wrong, but doesn't the players value also take into account a players contract length and wage? Sakho and Umtiti might have longer contracts and are highly likely to be on higher wages so are worth more by the games' logic.

I don't think there's a very close link between how players perform in matches, and their values. What seems to matter more is that players actually play. Eg if I have a player who may be valued at say £8m, hasn't been playing much but has 4* current ability (I'm a world class team), and I suddenly play him regularly - his value will usually shoot up even if he performs abysmally in the matches.

Archived