Swap Postion

As said above, the player's ability to swap positions is down to their player instructions and/or roles. The simplest example of this would be an AMC and a CF. The AMC would need to be set to SS and the CF to F9/DLF(s). Of course there are other variations to achieve a similar result but that is an easy way of making the point. Likewise, this can be achieved at full back and in the ML/R position. Think wing back with an attack duty - perhaps with PIs of Get Further Forward and Stay Wider - and wide midfielder on support - perhaps with a PI of sit narrower.

Dunno why SI changed this, cause in earlier versions of FM you could have more or less every player swap with another position.

For instance, when playing 4-4-2 I usually told my strikers to swap places with eachother, just to mess with the opponent CD's.

I was trying to find this also. I hope SI go back to the option of swapping any 2 outfield players. I have 2 MC's who I trained to play DR. I like them at both roles but I have to manually swap them mid game.

To be brutally honest, this is a fairly good example of why it isn't an available tactical instruction in the new interface.

Can you think of any examples in real life where you see this sort of combination?

The interface is always open to grow and improve to keep up with growing changes in football itself, but it has to draw the line.

To be brutally honest, this is a fairly good example of why it isn't an available tactical instruction in the new interface.

Can you think of any examples in real life where you see this sort of combination?

The interface is always open to grow and improve to keep up with growing changes in football itself, but it has to draw the line.

Except, in this case it retracted.

Asking an MC and DR to switch positions might be odd, but what's wrong in asking two MC's or two strikers interchange?

Except, in this case it retracted.

Asking an MC and DR to switch positions might be odd, but what's wrong in asking two MC's or two strikers interchange?

They do it auto if the attributes are decent i.e teamwork, workrate etc.

Where did you find the pessimism? I simply stated what happened.

The fact that things are no longer available that were before, doesn't mean they can't reappear in future.

People always seem quick to point out the obvious and assume that things are set in stone, but they shouldn't always have such a cloudy outlook.

Archived