Semi-Official FMM Wish List

I’ve noticed one of my habits now is to view the squad of the super clubs and look at players with big reputations who are not playing much (purchases include Busquets and Aguero) It seems these clubs can afford to maintain these guys to play 5-10 times a season and the players won’t agitate for a move. Consequently, they just sit around till their value begins to plummet. Then we can steal in for a relative bargain.

By the way, the devs/QA guys did a great job by tightening up the Bosman market in particular and the transfer market in general this year which meant the game remained much more of a challenge beyond the initial season or two.

But this way is a rather effective replacement whereby you can still accumulate a great team without the expected expense. It would be great if the players agitated for a move more often or the AI could work out they now have 7 players for 2 positions and it's time to get rid of some before the value drops.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also forgot to add that I’d like to make a case for high pressing to be a little more punishing than it currently is. I play high pressing from minute 1 to minute 90 for every game of the season and while it requires some squad rotation it probably should tire my team more than it does.

Should this really be a viable option? Even Atletico don’t press the whole time and they were knackered by May.

Being able to watch the whole match in the 2d-view would make for better understanding of tactics. Extended highlights like on the PC version would also be great.

Perhaps add some more tactical depth as well.

Maybe move the handheld version closer to the FMC version on PC?

FMH is a great game and I would class myself as an addict. The three things that would make it even better would be:

1) To have the option to focus on scouting individual leagues, for example you could choose to scout Serie A, for say 3 to 6 Months to then get detailed knowledge of all the players (useful for when playing with attribute masking on), so that you can see all of the attributes for the players in that specific league. I think it would make the scouting system more rewarding and worthwhile.

2) To be able to have pre-match, half-time and post-match team talks that can impact on player performance/morale.

3) To be able to play a friend via wifi so you can both play in the same league, like you can on the PC version. It's always fun wheeling and dealing with friends in the transfer market and playing matches against each other.

I realise the third point may not be possible, but the first two points would be really nice additions the next game.

Thanks and I look forward to playing FMH 2015 when it comes out!

This will be slightly controversial I know but I recently had a go on Champ Man

On the whole FMH is a much more in depth game and is much the better game but I found some of the gameday elements easier on Champ Man - navigating between the different screens (possession, match stats, player ratings) is a series of decent size buttons. Also the subs page allows you to see conditon, rating etc much clearer than FMH in my view. This may be because i tend to play on phone rather than tablet but I focused more on the match than trying to press fiddly buttons...

My other small gripe is the longevity of the game. I understand the need for regens but my emotional attachment to the team diminishes as the whole team is slowly replaced by fictional future players - i think i'd find it more fun if I could use my budget to invest in youth academies (potentially round the globe) to bring through more young players who you see grow and stick with the team. Splitting your budget between wages, transfers, youth would be cool.

A carry over from last year. I think we need more help in international management. It's very laborious, especially when you've just taken over a team, working out which is the best squad. There may be some players who are squad regulars but haven't been called up because they have a long term injury. It can be easy to miss that they've recovered. You find out after you've confirmed the squad and the media express surprise at your omissions.

I'd recommend an assistant manager style squad auto pick option. The other thing missing is the international coach/ scout to tell you the worth of any player who qualifies for your nation. Also on player search, when you use the filter for your managed nation, you should be able to see coach/scout ratings under view.

It's probably not a priority but that would help a lot!

My wishes to FMH2015

1. add options for team instruction for attack direction, like PSP version, we can choose attack direction, right, left, center or mixed.

In current version, even you set APM and WBK on right side and DWG and FBK on left side, you can not find your team paly more at right side.

2. add statistics for dribble.

In current version, you can only see pass and shoot for attacking players. there is no statistics for dribble, so we can not know how our winger works.

3. Allow GK to take free kick

In current version, even you set GK to take free kick, he will not take any free kicks. Please, give GKs the chance!

Here's a few, off the top of my head:

* More tactical depth from the AI. I'm sick and tired of seeing 90% of the teams playing 4-4-1-1. I almost threw up when I saw Real Madrid play 4-5-1 against me one time. Florentino Pérez would kick his manager to the curb 10 minutes after that match ended.

I can agree that sometimes managers will change things up depending on the opposition, but more often than not it's via roles and instructions, not formation. You should have some sort of "preferred formation" attribute for AI managers, and have them stick with it.

* Sweeper Keeper. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

* Individual Training (maybe just have team training by default, but add an option to override it and set an individual schedule when required OR the ability to add more schedules to group training).

* Position training via playing in that position, all the way to Natural. Like in FMC. Having a menu for it, and the possibility of players not obeying feels... not right.

I can assure you that Mascherano will play in MC position if I tell him to. He wouldn't say "I'm too old to start playing 10 meters ahead!".

* Rework consistency and important matches. Maybe tie them to personality traits like pressure, professionalism, ambition... and make them be able to be improved (for real, not 1-2 points in 10 years) as they get experienced.

Players stuck with the same rating througout their whole careers is ridiculous, specially for youngsters at the start of the game. IMHO, this is a big part of what makes the game easier and easier over time.

* Make scouting more accurate, but take WAY longer. Discover hidden stats and personality traits over a year or two of scouting.

* Regen System Revamp: It takes literally 2 minutes to spot 90% of them. They have the same natural position (they only have a chance to ERASE their less proficient ones) and more often than not retain their nationality. The only "randomization" is in the Heading stat, and that they come back with Important Matches @ 20 more often than not. They retain all personality traits.

I believe the future of FMH lies in NEWGENS, but if you still think we're all playing on brick like motorolas from 20 years ago and don't want to add more data, then I'd do this:

1) Completely randomize nationality. ALWAYS, not 10% of the time.

2) Randomize personality traits (or use nation templates, with some room for randomness, like in the PC version).

3) Stop screwing up physical stats. A player with 5 stamina wouldn't make it to his 25 years as a professional footballer if he can only run for 45 minutes. The playerbase is limited enough to have half of the regens get screwed by this.

4) Make them all start at age 15-16, and have them take at least 3-4 years, if not more, to develop to "first team material". It took my last 16 y/o Raul regen only a year to become a quality reserve, and another year to be my starting FW. On Barcelona, not Badajoz.

* Fix finances. Player salaries are ridiculously inaccurate, and so are bonuses and transfer budgets. You get like 25 million for winning the champions league, but some teams (even top teams) don't even have access to that much after a treeble.

* Individual instructions. At the very least for passing, tackling and maybe pressing. If my DMC gets a yellow card, I should be able to lower his tackling aggression without turning off the heat of the rest of the team.

* Fix ratings. They're too biased towards goals and assists, and this affects morale, form and, in the end, player performance. Key interceptions, passes, dragging defenders away... there's a lot of things that could give bonuses.

* Match engine needs to be improved. The WHOLE GAME is the match engine. Passing strategies make no difference in possession or completed pass %. Goalkeepers are terrible. Match results are more random than they should, and there's exploitable formations that would NEVER EVER work IRL, but they do on FM.

I think the 2 most important things in the game are: match engine (the game itself) and how you handle regens/newgens, because that's what keep us engaged or kills the game after the first 5-8 years.

If I was directing the game, I'd focus on that, instead of features that don't make the game better, but makes you look like you did something.

My 2c.

• 3 weeks later...

My ideas might be mentioned above but here they go anyway.

1.) Marking system, please! Zonal marking, YES/NO. If no, then its a man marking system.

2.) Please remove men behind ball. Wast of an option, if someone disagree then please tell me when to best make use of it.

3.) Information text explaining how exactly pressing, offside trap and counter attack really works in game. Like it is right now, my understanding of how lets say offside trap works might be very different from how it is programmed to work. So please, more detailed information regarding how easy option is behaving so users know what they are using when playing. Like pressing, is it pressing when defending and attacking or only attacking.

4.) Way better explanation on how each role behaves.

5.) Individual training. Set of skills players can train, like diving often, do skilled moves, sissor kicks etc. make a list of 20-30 different set of skill which will effect matches.

6.) More realistic bidding war. Ive seen Manchester City spend over 200million pound in one summer, then outbidding me by 40million pound on a player. Give the AI managers a fixed number of game money to spend, not a penny more. (City did not even sell a single player).

7.) Focused style of play. Down flanks, Through the middle or mixed. Let us choose where to focus our play please. I often see a left back play poorly, and without this option i can not put extra pressure on this player to make goal leading mistakes.

8.) Match engine need a mega rework. Majority of the users all agree on this, hopefully SI staff agree´s with us on this matter.

9.) penalty shootout needs to be fixed. not only the shooting stat should count in here. Nerves play a huge role in a penalty shootout, if you are the first or last shooter etc.

10.) Counter goals, please fix this. Big teams are insane when it comes to hitting u on counter goals. I was managing Man Utd playing away to Man City, beat them 0-5 by

only playing defensive with counter attack. To easy and enjoying when it happens against you. AI tend to change tactic way to often during a 90min match. Cant enjoy a match without every 10 game min where you have to stop the match and check your opposition tactic.

These are the ideas i have for now.. i know i have others but i can not remember those ideas.

I'm quite happy with the game overall. It gets better and better for me every year. It's so addictive too. My wife hates the game.

Here are some improvement that I think could take place. Nothing major really apart from the player stats (stamina).

1: Managers contracts would be a nice feature. Not a must but would add even more realism to the game.

2: The loan system needs looking at. No one ever loans a player for a month or so. Also, the clubs always pay the wages even if you don't select it. They always put the recall clause on too.

3: There needs to be a feature where the board give you more time. If your a team like Plymouth and win the Premier League like I did, you wouldn't be under pressure for losing your job during the next season despite achieving 5th and losing in the semi final of the Champions League. The board gave me no warning either. I could understand this situation for Man U but not Plymouth!

4: Older players stats really do go down hill quickly unlike other versions of the game. I won't sign anyone over the age of 33 as they just lose all their stats within a season and the stamina one is a massive problem as the older players can't manage 70 mins it seems. This needs looking at.

5: PLEASE let us delete old saved games. I can't understand why this has never been added.

6: Unhappy players need to go AWOL or refuse to play to demand a transfer away from a club. If I have a unhappy player on a five year contract then I'll just keep him and the performance hardly suffers. In fact, I've rarely had a unhappy player struggle with form to be honest. For me this is a must. Look at the Southampton FC situation in real life. They can't do anything to stop the players leaving. The only reason I won all the leagues with Plymouth was the fact that nobody could get near my players. I just refused the bid for a few years as they were all on five year contracts. Most of them were unhappy but we ended up winning the Premier League despite the players wanting to move to bigger clubs. Add scenarios like the Osvaldo situation. He refuses to play for Saints. For me it adds more realism. This is a big issue for me that needs addressing. The game is way too easy as you don't need to sell players.

7: Get rid of this the pitch with dots. This is a waste of time. Other features could be added if this was taken away. I'll be surprised if anyone is using it. I'm quite happy with the commentary.

Keep up the good work guys. The handheld versions along with the PC ones are terrific.

Great game that keeps me coming back!

1)I would love as an American to be able to manage the USA national team! I would like to see your options of national teams open up, even if I want to manage EPL clubs.

2) I know you said it's not in the cards, but would love to see online leagues for FMH. I don't play the PC version, but am a strong FMH supporter and buy it every year. Having that option to play others in a legague would be amazing. I understand if size and tech prevent this, but I can dream!

3)Love to see more challenges where you are placed in certain historical positions and teams! Putting us in real historical games and situations and having to manage them. Like being placed at Fulham and having to keep that particular team from relegated in the 2013-2014 season.

4) I agree with mwjfm that older players deteriorate too fast. Would be interesting if you could program the game to make certain older players that have been with the club for a considerable amount of time be recognized as legends and they didn't lose stats as fast? People like Ryan Giggs, Steven Gerrard, and Didier Drogba. These players should be able to stay at the club and hold their stats. Drogba coming back to Chelsea is will be a waste in FHM if he is going to retire in a year and be worthless as a player who loses any stats that make him an interesting player to return to Chelsea.

People want to see/have legends exist even adding a newspaper article that accounted "the legend wins another/retires" would be cool.

P.s and a sooner release date?

As a long-time player, I really enjoy every year's improved version. My wishlist largely consists of things that improve long-term play and promotes nuanced relationships with players, press, board, and staff. I love the game, but tend to get bored by each game after about year 2 or 3. That said, I'm still playing 14 nearly every day and it's almost August!

I would most like to see:

1. More board/press dialogues that have consequences regarding funds, team spirit, board confidence, and other managers/teams.

2. An ability to search for particular staff, with an appropriate budget.

3. Failing that, more infrastructure than just training ground + academy + stadium!

4. I think there's been some talk of this, but a kind of in-season challenges. Some rewards/consequences for getting through particular difficulties and crises.

5. I haven't noticed the fan reactions mattering much. It'd be great to see that more prominent.

In general, anything that makes my job harder would be great!

An idea from me would be that to be able to access a preview from another match being played, be it same league, country or abroad, tap on the odds and make a bet on who will win. (You would be using your transfer money of course to make it more exiting)

I.E Say Its a league game between Middlesborough and Brighton with Boro' being top of league quite comfortably, but Brighton has had quite a good run in recent games, one could place a bet on the pre determined odds on who to win.

E.G ((4-1 Fav) Boro vs Brighton (7-4)) place a, say, £20,000 bet on Brighton to win.....Brighton win and you get a return of.....£110,000.

I would like to see more history with the team your managing eg: players with all time appearances/goals scored records (including all goals and not just league games. Surely it would be easy to implement and a nice feature to look at during your career.

Hi all

I've been playing FMH since it's inception and the one thing on the top of my wish list is assignable squad numbers. Will this be added to FMH 15?

I would love to see this too, sometimes it's annoying when players like sturridge are number 9 when in real life he is 15.

I first purchased your game for the 99/00 season when it used to publish by CM. You company has come along way, making significant changes to make the game more

Addicted and enjoyable.

That being said, when the smartphone, tablets emerged and you launched the first FHM I was very excited about this new version of the game. I waited very anxiously for

the release of your first FHM. My happiness went away as soon as I found out that the Mexican League (FMF) was not included in the FHM version. Even more surprisingly,

I was shocked that the Brazilian league was the only league to represent the American continent in the FHM version.

I assume that your inclusions of leagues in your FHM version from countries/regions like: Austria, Northern Ireland; Republic of Ireland; Wales have to do more with the fact

that you may have more consumers who buy your game from this part of the world. But personally (no offense to Australians; Irish; Welsh), I feel that leagues from South America, especially Argentina are more competitive and feel they should be included in the FHM version, just like you have in your FM PC/MAC version.

In short, my only wish is to include the MEXICAN LEAGUE [Liga MX] in your FHM 2015 version. The last FHM version that I bought was 2012. And if you keeping excluding

the Mexican League from your handheld version I will not buy this game ever again.

Thank you for reading the concerns of your fans and customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i had an idea, and, in my opinion a great idea. i was thinking a new game mode for fmh15, an online game mode, that we create our team join a league and play against the others, and have the champions league and euro league, club world champ, league cup, divisions, etc... About getting new players: like in FIFA, online transfer market, or buy packs. in my opinion it would be a great mode for FMH 15.

-Vik

• 3 weeks later...

A few ideas..

(1) LIVE CUP DRAWS - This one might have been asked loads of times, but can you add live draws for cups as it adds to the excitement, especially the champ league, or would this be to much for mobile devices ?

(2)Add & Remove countries - As we only have a limit of 4 countries, i would to have a similar feature as to fm14 where we can add and remove countries within the 4 countries limit(if this is still going to be 4 in fmh15)

(3) SKIP MATCH - Seeing as fmh is designed for play on a mobile device and its meant to be fast paced i would love to have a skip match button so i can skip matches i don't wanna watch

Hello to all people here on this forum....greetings from CROATIA

First at all I would like to mention that since I was a kid I was big fan of all EA FIFA games especially there manager mode so I never played any Sports Interactive

Football Manager on my computer, but the reason why Im telling You this is that since I saw this game on mobile phone I immediately abandoned any other games and started to play this game on my android mobile phone....but there is a few things that I would change in a game, or hope that they will be somehow modified.

1. although I'm from Croatia I only follow lower english football teams, so i only play with them in this game (for example Oldham,Stockport,Accrington,Hereford) so Im glad that all english leagues(except Premiership which I really hate and the reason is money) got license, but I would like to see all lower clubs with full players pictures

2. It would be nice if you can make something about transfer money and finances similar what they got in fifa games, where at beginning of a new game you can choose between a few sponsors, also it would be nice that after every match you can see your income (sponsor money and money from ticket sale)

3. friendlies match- It would be nice if we can choose against which team we can play

4. Scottish Football- it bit stupid that if you wont to buy some player from Scotland you need to pay a lot of money, when in reality any player from Scotland would kicking his ass to come and play in any english league, so it is awkward that when i play with Oldham need to pay over 1 500 000 for the avarage player

5. Multitude league-It is shame that when I choose England as main country and Scotland as second, I can play only with Scottish Premiership, and not with Scottish Championship and League 1 and 2......because I would like to play with Oldham and buy players from Scottish League 1 and 2........and I got new Sony Xperia with plenty of memory which afford to me to play with many leagues

that would be all.....and of course i'm sorry for my bad english and especially bad grammar.....

Dec9693..... yes I know for FMHVIBE.co.uk page, and I've download all logos for english and irish clubs, but to be honest I really dont like do download any player faces, because I prefers original players pictures and not those which are cutted by third party :) :)

Hi all,

Issue of additional leagues has been raised by few people already, and I'd also like to see more playable leagues in FMH. Currently there is Northern Ireland, Rep. of Ireland and Wales, but I honestly don't see the point of having 3 weak leagues in FMH. If there are device limitations in regards to number of playable leagues, then it would be good to see two of those mentioned replaced with say one South American league, and another with maybe a league from Eastern Europe.

It has been said for sure.

But more Leagues, If not in the game at start, then at least as an in app purchase.

I wouldn't mind paying more for it.

Other than that I am pleased with FMH14 and I'm sure that '15 Will be Great regardless of more leagues or not.

• 2 weeks later...

An oddity that I'm sure has been picked up on. When you look at the form guide (eg WDWLLD) of next opponent, the results read from the left, so in my example the team's most recent result, the result furthest left, was a win. But if you look at the league table team stats form guide, the results for teams read from the right, so again in my example, the most recent result would be a draw. It's inconsistent and very confusing for me. Can this be changed?

Ok it's probably too late to come up with a wish list for FMH15 but I shall give my top 3 changes I would like to see in FMH.

1. The ability to add/remove leagues at the end of the season. I imagine this will be difficult to achieve but if it were possible, it would add another layer of depth to career mode.

2. Half time/Full time feedback. I want to give out the Sir Alex Hairdryer treatment on any players showing a rating of 6 or less.

3. An overhaul of the reputation system. I don't think you guys have quite cracked it. If take a League 2 side to the Championship in two seasons with a limited transfer budget then I expect a number of Championship clubs to be knocking on my door.

I'm hoping for a decent overhaul of the evogen system. As it stands the database gets very messy once you're 15+ years in. Players end up with totally unrealistic playing positions (natural DM R, Accomplished AM R, no ability at all at M R and can't even retrain to that position or a goalie who is awkward in every outfield position, for example). Also, the way that PA can be passed around leaves your database littered with technically gifted donkeys and potential footballing geniuses who have next to no technical ability.

Hopefully you have something new and improved up your sleeves. Failing that, a return to the old regen system would be preferable.

Not sure how much this is possible due to it's architecture, but I'd love an improved CPU usage on the game.

I know when I have it idle on my tablet, and press the button to turn off the screen, it does use a fair whack of power when on normal screens that don't appear to be doing any processing (like the home screen). Is this something that could possibly be improved? I know on my tablet I can just reduce the CPU clock speed so I get general power consumption improvement (albeit minimal).

Thanks for taking the time to read, and looking forward to the next handheld version :)

It's probably too late to influence the developers but I created an account just to ask for full match viewing!

Like others have already said, it's the perfect way to analyse the team tactics, see who needs to be subbed, what formation/strategy to counter etc.

Also, I would love to see individual training in the list of changes, so that we can target strengths and weaknesses whilst creating the perfect team.

2. Half time/Full time feedback. I want to give out the Sir Alex Hairdryer treatment on any players showing a rating of 6 or less.

This would be really nice. I love the feedback in FM Classic during the game. Maybe this is too much for the handheld version. But textual feedback at HT and FT would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to essentially have FMC on the iPad. It must be possible with the VITA version being available and all. Or at least have the interface of FMC on the iPad or phones. IMO the interface on FMH is too blocky and doesn't have enough flare. :)

FMC on iPad WOULD be orgasmic :).

Apologies if someone has already mentioned this but why aren't there any own goals in the game?

It would be much more realistic if Richard Dunne was on the wrong side of the scoresheet all the time.

Big fan of the game, keep up the great work.

Kind of implausible, iOS really doesn't like individual apps using much memory at all...

Is there at least a possibility of an improved interface? As I mentioned before, the interface on FMH looks very bland and lacks any flare. On a portable device I think the interface (ie. Why I mentioned a look similar to FMC) needs to be more attractive. It's way too square, it looks like an early 2000 design.

I really hope the unrealistic aspect of the transfer marked and demands from AI teams is sorted out.

Exemple, If a team got a player and they do not use him. Normally these players would be sold in real life for less money then a player that is wanted and regularly used would be sold for.

Instead the AI demands as much money from the player they dont even have on their bench as they would if he was their star player. Marc, please fix this issue.

A last thing. Which is mega important. INFORMATION on how each role actually works. Perhaps its time to make some sort of information about them if they are an attacking/def role. Exemple, wing backs, they are in the defensive line but and attacking defender. So my question is, do i see these roles as attacking or defending? Fullback are an defending role, but then again there is nothing explaining if WB actually are a attacking role or not. So if i wanna make a formation with 4 attacking, 4defending and 2 neutral roles i dont even know if i end up with 6 attacking roles or 6 defending roles.

It's probably too late to influence the developers but I created an account just to ask for full match viewing!

Like others have already said, it's the perfect way to analyse the team tactics, see who needs to be subbed, what formation/strategy to counter etc.

Also, I would love to see individual training in the list of changes, so that we can target strengths and weaknesses whilst creating the perfect team.

Do not need this. Watch the numbers, its a numbers game. You see who is making an effort involving themself in the match and not. Im sure u understand if a player has 50 passing and another one has 20 that one of them should be subbed. Same goes for tackle and shooting. If u have allot of passing and your striker have low shots, well i hope u understand what to do then. If it would be up to me, remove the hole 2d match engine and use the memory on something more fun and realistic.

Do not need this. Watch the numbers, its a numbers game. You see who is making an effort involving themself in the match and not. Im sure u understand if a player has 50 passing and another one has 20 that one of them should be subbed. Same goes for tackle and shooting. If u have allot of passing and your striker have low shots, well i hope u understand what to do then. If it would be up to me, remove the hole 2d match engine and use the memory on something more fun and realistic.

Agree. I turn off the 2D match engine as I don't think it offers any real value to the game. It is just a selection of the same old cut scenes that become highly predictable after a couple of seasons. The clues are in the player stats as Skarasne says.

There are own goals, they are just much, much more rare at present than in real life. This is something that's under review.

I think you need to be careful here. I remember when there seemed to be own goals in nearly every game. I remember starting a season with an own goal in 8 of the first 10 games.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to keeping historic club records, player stats post retirement etc., I often use my assistant to pick my team. I use it as a method of squad rotation and to rest tired players. It would be good if you could add some extra options here. At the end of the season I will then sell/loan/demote any players who didn't get selected in enough games.

- For example, in a game where you expect to win easily, have "rest all key players", or "play youth", or "boost morale", where the assistant chooses the squad players with the lowest morale in each position. Another could be "play fringe players" where the default would choose the players with least amount of games that season in each position.

- For key games you could have a "play strongest 11" default.

- Have a button to automate the assistant picking the team as a default rather than having to select it manually for each match.

- It would also be helpful if you could select a few players of similar ability (e.g. strikers) on a "rotate" cycle so that the assistant will automatically rotate certain players on a match by match basis to ensure they are all kept happy.

• SI Staff
On FMH14 you could sort your results after a player search, but you can no longer do this on FMH15. Can you add this back in??

If you go to preferences -> user interface and set 'can sort searches' to on this should solve your issue - a small percentage of users seem to be having this defaulting incorrectly