Sports Interactive Community
ianwood001

A plea to the tactical gods - Can you beat this Man Utd team?

I need help, is there a tactician out there that is able to beat this next game vs Man Utd on my save?

I've tried everything I can think of but get hammered every time. They play the AI 4-2-3-1 Denmark (I have no idea why people refer to it as the Denmark, can anyone explain why?). I've tried narrow, exploit the middle tactics, possession based tactics, tried beating them at their own game...nothing is working and they score on average between 3-5 goals every time I try to replay the game, have around 20-35 shots at goal and basically I cant get out my own half, it's really annoying me :(

So, can anyone help, is there a tactic out there that can consistently beat this next game on my save? My save file is linked below.

https://www.mediafire.com/?zldsu7oz7fc254c

Good luck & have fun :D

I had a quick look mate and did try a couple of tactics and I could manage to only lose by a single goal sometimes but the simple truth is they have a much better team than you and you would expect to lose to them most of the time away from home even with good tactics.

Thanks for the attempt. What sort of formations were you trying?

Anyone else care to give it a try? Free cookie if you can get a tactic to consistently win!

FMC!!!!!!! :o

There's a larger problem with this challenge, though ,which will never yield good results. Anything that is tried beyond what you've already done is going to be seriously hampered by tactical unfamiliarity.

It's FMC - none of that familiarity tosh :brock:

Not trying to get too excited, but 1 up at half time <bites nails>

<rude words> - Man U equalise in the 91st minute.... aaarrrggghhh!!!

I tried a 4-1-2-3-0 strikerless formation similar to one of RT's and also a 4-2DM-3AMC-1 formation of which the strikerless one was the one that was most successful resulting in a 2-1 defeat but I literally only had 2 or 3 goes at it so it might not mean anything. I couldn't look at the match analysis what with it being FMC so I got bored quickly.

I must have played this match 100 times now and not won once. Used some premade tactics from sharing centre and none of them work either...arghhhhh

I must have played this match 100 times now and not won once. Used some premade tactics from sharing centre and none of them work either...arghhhhh ��

Just give up, and move on.

You can't win every game, and you can't avoid defeat in every game.

Looking at your respective squads I wouldn't really expect you to win more than once in a hundred games, the Man utd side are far superior. Sign some new players in the summer to try and take your team to the next level and then try again. It isn't like you will get a huge difference from beating them in the overall standings.

I have had a few attempts at this albeit unsuccessful. The best result I had was a 1-0 loss and the worst was a 9-3 loss! I will have another attempt at this soon.

5 games tried - instant result, play for win

for tactics I used a plug and play from Totalfootballfan:

here it is

3 F9

2 CM

1 DM

2 FB

2 CD

had some fun with it in the past with some goofy saves and figured I'd give it a go here.

I don't remember what version or if I made any changes - don't think I did, but not sure.

2 wins 1-3, 1-2 both were dubious in nature, outplayed statistically in both, total fluke goal in one, o.g. and a Fellaini sending off in the other, however a result is a result. They are the exact inverse of many posts in these forums :lol:.

2 losses 4-0, 4-3

1 draw 2-2

tis possible say I!

PctJRnv.png

Thanks for the attempts guys. Its not really about the result as a win doesn't do anything for me, its more about the fact that this 4 2 3 1 Denmark formation is the most overpowered tactic I have come across in any version of cm/FM.

I'll keep at it and see if I can find a hole...

Nice way to test tactics :)

The only way i draw or loose narrow and didnt got humilliated (Utd is ON FIRE) was using a Defensive Very Rigid 4222 keeping possesion as much i can and some more TIs and PIs, with specific marking.

----------DFs(ST)--DFs(ST)

both marking MCs

DWs(ML)------------------DWs(MR)

both marking AMRLs

------------A--------A

both marking ST and AMC

FBd--------LDc------LDc----FBd

no man marking, close down less to be four cover defenders :D

0-0, 1-1, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1. Most matches Utd ended with 0 CCCs. But there was a corner, or a cross fluck or, or, or that gave them the win.

Anything else i tryied (played about 20-25 matches, possesion tactics, counter, some from forums) i got trashed.

Thanks for the attempts guys. Its not really about the result as a win doesn't do anything for me, its more about the fact that this 4 2 3 1 Denmark formation is the most overpowered tactic I have come across in any version of cm/FM.

I'll keep at it and see if I can find a hole...

Dude, what are you talking about? You are practically playing against the World XI there. Just look at your team, then look at their team. Then look again. Your team is nice, but they are outplaying you not because they've got superior/overpowered tactics, but because their players are miles ahead of yours.

That being said, there is no tactic with which you are going to beat them on a consistent basis. Sure, you could get a positive result in one or two out of ten (re)played games, but that would be just down to luck.

Lets just get something clear right from the off. I am no tactical God.

OK, Played it once and don't fancy playing it again. I tried to win and couldn't.

Initial thoughts were that I should struggle, but thankfully there were actually players in the squad that would do ok in the roles given to them, (not that common).

Just played my current San Marino 2029 Tactic.

I have never played a match before on FMC, (just had a look previously), and apart from not being able to find the buttons, it actually looked better than I remembered from a month or so ago.

ForestTactic_zps95cf569e.png

ForestOverview_zps256e260c.png

ForestMatchStats_zps37ded4ae.png

ForestStats_zpsd1631389.png

I'm quite happy with that. Of course they battered us 0-0, but a point is a point. While the players worked well through the middle, (and at full back), the wide midfielders and the striker were really not just up to what I was asking them to do. I was unable to really affect things from the bench and when Lansbury, (I think), got injured it was really just a case of plugging gaps.

I wish I could show you the chances we had. Shelvey had a direct free kick just out the box that I expected better from and Fierro and Wolf both had chances that I thought were hood enough that for a moment my heart was in my mouth. (Yes I am a big kid and no they were not even half-chances according to the game).

Utd were very poor and should have put us away easily. We defended well but they attacked very poorly.

My single biggest regret is that Forest have a real player called Clough and to my dismay he is not related. Absolute gutter! :lol:

Good luck Ian. :thup:

[Edit]

ps. Haven't really looked at other squads, (even Utd), but you are doing very well getting the results you have got with that squad. As you have played this game again and again and can't win it, I assume you have done the same with other games, (but each to their own). What I would say though is that you only have 3 strikers and the best of them is knackered because you keep playing him.

The only other thing I would say is, how on Earth have your full-backs got so few yellow cards? Wowzer! My full-backs collect yellows at a rate of about 80%+

Some nice attempts, I tried a few more times but couldn't get anything to work, this man utd team are like machines...

I'll keep trying and if I get something that works I'll post the tactic

Finally, I've created a tactic to compete! I've posted a link in the tactics sharing forum HERE

Give it a try and let me know if it works for your teams struggling with the big boys...

Looking at your screenshots, they still outplayed you, although you won.

Not really, they had 2% more possession and I created more ccc's. Most of their shots were from distance. Try the save, then you will understand home difficult it is to get even just an even game vs this man u team