Sports Interactive Community
BnadnerB

How long does it take you to play a season?

So how long does it take you to rattle through a season on average?

We all know pre season takes its toll but I'd be interested to know how quick people are getting through them and also whether you are playing full fat FM or just FMC?

Thanks!

Watching all games on comprehensive highlights on the full version I normally get through 3-4 matches an hour on average.

How long for a season depends on league & number of matches but say you play around 50 matches thats about 14 hours gametime.

I'm still on my first save in season 3 (9 games to go) and had been watching most of my matches on comprehensive but had switched to key highlights in the last 15 matches as it's just taking far too long. I started this save just before xmas and have had about 1 month break.

What does amaze me though is how you see people saying things like, I have won the Champions League 10 times, the Prem 15 times etc and I'm just like wow! How the hell are they getting through seasons so quick and yet managing to clean up in the trophy stakes as they're obviously spending very little time with things such as scouting, watching matches for tactical errors etc.

My "main save" is just wrapping up 5 seasons in about 90 days, so it's taking me about 2.5 to 3 weeks per season. I don't watch full games, just extended highlights.

24-26 hours of game time per season, sometimes more in the first season, spent setting up tactics and training etc.

Depends on the season length. I have a save in Brazil where a season takes several hours due to over 60 games, while my Gibraltar save has less than 24 games a season so I can rattle through one of those in a couple of hours

It takes me about 40-45 hours of game time to complete a season on FMC in the Premier League.

I change tactics an awful lot, so often watch Full Matches or Comprehensive Highlights, which explains my slowness.

about 4 hrs per season on FM, although this is with using the Instant Result button and also with only about 15k players loaded, so im expecting it to take a bit longer once I get a bit further in.

I play ''Full Match'' and play an average of 2-3 hours a day(''liar''misses is hovering)so it can take a Fortnight for a Season.I rarely go more than 10 seasons as I like managing RL players.

A blooming long time!

Too long infact. I play with commentary only as well with just goal highlights on. My poor old laptop is likely older than I think though so processing time has increased massively, especially as for realism I play with a fair few leagues and players loaded.

Im very OCD with details. I spend literally hours in pre-season for example going through players, scouting records & then narrowing my shortlist down to no1,2 & 3 targets.

Add the fact im now 28 and have a son, a home, a missus etc...and by the time I get a chance to play FM (usually during Depression Street & the other rubbish on tele) I get about an hour before im simply too tired.

Im jealous of those with super computers who fly through season after season like theirs no tomorrow.

Depends if I'm in school or not. Usually can get through a season in a week or so but it'll take longer while in school.

about 4 hrs per season on FM, although this is with using the Instant Result button and also with only about 15k players loaded, so im expecting it to take a bit longer once I get a bit further in.

Where is the instant result button in FM?

Also @borobadger how the hell are you completing a season in just 2hrs! Would like to hear more about how you approach the game ie; what you do regarding setting up tactics, buying players and how you watch your matches etc.

I take quite a while to complete a season. I check scouting every couple of weeks, check on loans every month, check my own staff and search for better every couple of months or so, evaluate individual training every month, check finances, tweak tactics, etc... constantly. So it probably takes me 70-80 hours of actual game time to complete a season if I mostly watch games on Key highlights, but if I'm testing out a new tactic or playing a particularly tough opponent, I'll watch the first 20-30 minutes on Full, which of course takes much longer.

Also @borobadger how the hell are you completing a season in just 2hrs! Would like to hear more about how you approach the game ie; what you do regarding setting up tactics, buying players and how you watch your matches etc.

It's a skin I downloaded which includes the instant result button.

I'm playing about 16-20 hours a season. I've only played 7 seasons so far. About 50 matches a season. I use extended highlights. I am also new to the game and check out new buttons and tinker with tactics. Each season takes 5-7 days to complete. I have been playing as often as possible since I got the game about a month ago. To the detriment of the rest of my life.

It's a skin I downloaded which includes the instant result button.

What is the name of the skin? Do you have a link?

About 24hours game time, which depending on how busy I am could be anywhere between a week to a couple if months or more!!

Like borobadger, I can get through a season in a few hours if I've got a good run at it. Usually though, I'm finishing one a day.

Like borobadger, I can get through a season in a few hours if I've got a good run at it. Usually though, I'm finishing one a day.

Same for me, 6-7 hours in a good run.

Clearly I'm very slow - 928 hours played (According to Steam) and I'm in the pre season of season 8. So that makes about 130 hours per season

Start the save on 17 November 2013 and now I'm only on April 2017

So i'm slow FMers but i do enjoy the game trust me :D

Like I said, the Gibraltarian season has a very limited number of matches, and if I don't mess about I can get through the season very quickly. I tend to use the same tactic for every game so I don't really have to spend time changing tactics and the like

About 15-20 hours a season most, using commentary only

I'm currently using FM14 Worldwide Leagues by lukafanzer and I have loaded all of Europe, Asia (this is including the modded) and the 12 lower leagues in England, and the rest of the leagues in the Americas and such, I play FM14 non stop, I have currently gotten a month in (one friendly left) in 7 hours 43 minutes played on this save. My PC is a custom built quad processor with about 8gb of ram and a slightly above average graphics card, so I don't know how long it will take for others!

My estimate for how long the season will take pfffft, ummm... *frantically tries to work out in head* *gives up* 69 hours 45 minutes! oh god, and if I play 7 hrs 43 in 2 days, that will be 18 days to complete a season!

18 days of gametime

Or maybe 9...

Has been taking me a week per season for about 5 weeks now but then again I've had exams for the last 5 weeks too.

on average a game per day. I tend to watch in full.

I'll switch between all 4 match options, though key would be the one I use most often. About 15 hours will see me through an EPL season.

On a day I play FM07, I do 1 to 5 matches a day, usually 3.

On CM 93/94, however, I can do 2 or 3 seasons a day, nice fast game that is.

A couple of weeks to do a season i reckon dependent on how often i get the "your obsessed with that bloody game" from the missus. Get at least a couple of hours in a night but watch match in comprehensive and faff a lot with training, tutoring, tours of cash cow countries etc.

I tend to average about four games per 2 hours (usually the longest FM session I can get away with), so that's going to be about 25 hours given a 50 games season. Add in scouting, training, tactical tweaks, time taken for the PC to compute last days of transfer windows, etc, I reckon 45 hours per season is about right.

I started my current and only Liverpool save last Oct when the FM14 demo released, before I bought the full game. I played only in 3D extended highlight mode. I am just about to finish my 10th season with 6 matches to go. So, I'll leave it to you to do the maths how long it takes for me to finish a season on average :D

When I'm on a roll I can do a season in 2 days.

Ass Man takes care of friendlies and press conferences, games on key (and fast) highlights. What really takes my time is scouting.

Even though there is less games Pre-Season takes almost as long as 1/2 a Season.I have a habit of going through and scouting Clubs and Players but once the Season gets going I just concentrate on the games,yet I fly through the Welsh and Irish Seasons(1 week)compared to 11/2 to 2 weeks for English leagues.

It depends how I approach the save, usually it varies between 40-100 hours to complete a season.