Sports Interactive Community
Mr U Rosler

RAINMAKER V5 and SILK & STEEL V5....... Yes, there back......

Getting really annoyed at not knowing what team talk to do! And it's often having a bad effect on the first half which results in me losing at half time! Any help?

Close but no cigar.

I was one point behind Arsenal with 1 game to go. Needed a win and them to slip up against Norwich but although I did my bit it wasn't to be.

Still, 89 points is good. There are a couple of areas in my team i can strengthen. Maybe next year..........

9eUyEb4.png

Getting really annoyed at not knowing what team talk to do! And it's often having a bad effect on the first half which results in me losing at half time! Any help?

First half I nearly always go with my AM. Depends how good he is i guess??

i loved the old Rainmaker with the F9 and CF uptop, V2 i think, does that still work? just understanding why a version 5 is out?

Just battered Bayern 4-0 in the champ league final with the Maverick tactic. Now im torn between strengthening that team or use my budget to transform into this one! Any advice fellow managers?

cant seem to get a win in second season with liverpool on 14.3.1 is there any from14.3

i loved the old Rainmaker with the F9 and CF uptop, V2 i think, does that still work? just understanding why a version 5 is out?

V2 still works, wanted a different set up for the strikers on this version. + lower tempo and a few other tweaks.

cant seem to get a win in second season with liverpool on 14.3.1 is there any from14.3

No ME changes apparently.

I've started every season slowly on 14.3. Not sure if it's related to new signings and team blending. Probably is.

All you can do is ride it out, you will get on a run sooner or later.

Just lost 6 months of my Bristol city save due to an overnight power cut forgot i had turned off auto-save utterly gutted as i was off to a flyer and had signed a great looking team for the next 5 or 6 years, oh well i will have to build it again lol

well ive been unable to play for the last week for various reasons and come back to find rosler has done another tactic for me to think about :o

yeah back to rainmaker n ss i think as seemed to suit my players prev

Another brilliant tactic, took over Manchester United in 2016/2017 season in December after David Moyes was sacked, united sitting in 10th spot. In the January window brought in some players from my previous club Udinese, in particular Maximilian Meyer, Gabriel Barbosa and signed Cristiano Biraghi from Torino.

Played 40 games, won 28, drew 8 and lost four, finishing second in the league and winning the Europa league. Similar to the previous tactics I did not use Silk & Steel at all, used Rainmaker for every single game. Probably could have done much better if I was able to bring in more players as I don't really have anyone suitable for the BBM positions except for Wayne Rooney and a 35 year old Michael Carrick but I expect after 2 or 3 transfers and pre-season I should comfortably win the league and get very close to winning the champions league.

A game that was a highlight was by far first leg of a Europa league semi final clash with Arsenal who 2 months earlier beat me 1-0 in the Capital One Cup Final.

82ef82baad1a696f541429ea219f559f.png

Just battered Bayern 4-0 in the champ league final with the Maverick tactic. Now im torn between strengthening that team or use my budget to transform into this one! Any advice fellow managers?
Rainmaker v5 all the way. Beautiful counter attacking football. I love it so far...

When using these two tactics what third tactic should be trained. I was thinking the Dom maverick might be a good choice. thoughts?

I got to say! Compliments to the Chef! has cooked up an amazing 2 tactics, and rescued my love for FM again, due to having a nightmare second season syndrome!!!

Brilliant

Giving these two a go on my At. Madrid save, had no end of bad luck on my previous 2 saves, so I hope this brings joy.

Is it just me that can't download S&S?

So restarted my Bristol city game from where i last saved it which was 1 game left of last season ended up finishing in exactly same spot lol. Now i have been offered the Inter Milan job cant decide what to do this was always meant as a career save not a 1 club man save decisions decisions

First half I nearly always go with my AM. Depends how good he is i guess??

Several times I've been 0-0 at half time in winnable games. Give them an "I'm far from pleased..." followed by "I have faith..." to every player whose reaction isn't good - and ended up winning 3- or 4-0.

hi mr u rosler, thanku so much 4 all the hard work this yr. going 2 give it ago with oxford in league2 any tips u got 4 me and also what about training,match prep etc

A season of frustration and joy for me.

Started as Stuttgarter Kickers in the 3. Liga in Germany. Media projection of 20th (out of 20 teams.) Broke, so I'm probably going to lose the majority of my team. Had some good form runs and bad form runs. Towards the end of the season in SSv5 I switched one CF/A to F9/S, just to try and shake things up a bit. The way my finishing was this year (terrible) I fully expect to get smoked out of the 2 Bundesliga. My shot percentage was terrible for as many shots as we were creating - sometimes over 6 CCC with no goals.

Went through using S&S most of the season, though it would get changed up with Rainmaker depending on the flow of the game. I'm not very good at tactically managing the two yet, but I hope it will come with time/experience with them.

Final Table:

383cf9ae626e8eecfd1c663247344333.png

Top Scorer:

9079e7efdcb256da0f62a85efcbfc196.png

Only Signing:

bdf3daa5987142d1bd3a4c17b364e1c5.png

A season of frustration and joy for me.

Started as Stuttgarter Kickers in the 3. Liga in Germany. Media projection of 20th (out of 20 teams.) Broke, so I'm probably going to lose the majority of my team. Had some good form runs and bad form runs. Towards the end of the season in SSv5 I switched one CF/A to F9/S, just to try and shake things up a bit. The way my finishing was this year (terrible) I fully expect to get smoked out of the 2 Bundesliga. My shot percentage was terrible for as many shots as we were creating - sometimes over 6 CCC with no goals.

Final Table:

383cf9ae626e8eecfd1c663247344333.png

Top Scorer:

9079e7efdcb256da0f62a85efcbfc196.png

Only Signing:

bdf3daa5987142d1bd3a4c17b364e1c5.png

Same here on the shot percentage and CCC but no goals, I am spurs and winning but should be winning by more unfortunately.

Quick question whats that skin you are using please?

hi mr u rosler, thanku so much 4 all the hard work this yr. going 2 give it ago with oxford in league2 any tips u got 4 me and also what about training,match prep etc

No tips other than to follow the match odds closely Rainmaker when favourite, S&S when not.

General training fitness pre season, then 6 weeks of team cohesion then balanced all season.

Match training tactics only till fluid then attackingmovement all season.

Still going well with MK Dons, but some of the match reports, pre-match news etc do make me laugh - constantly refer to a "difficult start to the season" etc, last one saying that we had managed to climb into the top half of the table. Went top after 2 games, sitting 5 points clear now after 9 played, and still unbeaten! I'm not sure that is particularly "tricky"!

Anyhow, the game has now become a "two team save"! - Braintree Town, a local team to me, were sitting bottom of League 2 with only 2 points, so have added another player to take them on as well. Media prediction of 24th (its their first season in the league so have only just gone full time). Not a lot of quality in the squad for this level, wage budget is only £8kpw and was already £1,500pw over when I joined, so it's going to be quite a challenge. Only two games played so far, will be using S&S as the starting tactic in almost all games I would imagine. Took a 2-1 defeat in the first against Chesterfield (one of the stronger teams in the division), both goals conceded in the first 15 minutes, was quite pleased with the performance after that. Switched to Rainmaker with 10 mins to go and pulled one back, perhaps if I'd switched earlier.....?! But finished the game with more shots on target, and CCC's so that was quite encouraging. Second game against Bristol Rovers (16th place) resulted in our first league victory and clean sheet: 2-0. This one's going to be quite a challenge, and the aim is to keep them up this season and nothing else.

Decided to save my Bristol City game and take on the job of returning Inter Milan to the top again....

Made a few good signings with the £44 million transfer budget they gave me and have used Rainmaker v5 all the time... 9 games 22 points 18 goals for 6 against sitting in 1st place so not a bad start

I'm having serious issues since upgrading to these tactics from v3 - I'm playing with Southampton in 2017, my first XI is (from L-R in each strata):

Courtois; Byram, Balanta, Nastasic, Shaw; Matic, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, Xhaka/Hughes; Fierro, Icardi.

When I lose the ball in the final third, it looks like there is no chance of winning the ball back until my 'keeper saves.

I create a huge amount of clear cut chances but it looks as if there is no chance of either striker scoring, notably the only goal I've scored in three games was Balanta from a corner.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

My favorite striker gets 35 goals a season. The other 3 I rotate get between 10 - 20 a season each.

3 games is not enough to identify a pattern in play. I have had the best defence in the prem last 2 seasons.

I'd stick with it for a bit longer.

My favorite striker gets 35 goals a season. The other 3 I rotate get between 10 - 20 a season each.

3 games is not enough to identify a pattern in play. I have had the best defence in the prem last 2 seasons.

I'd stick with it for a bit longer.

I've used it for longer but we go through periods of not scoring. We also seem to be losing games to "lesser" opponents, i.e. Norwich and Reading using Rainmaker.

I've got an essay to do this evening but I'll keep plodding on with it and report back.

Glad to see you've gone back to this style, am about to start a new game with chimney corner in the northern irish 2nd, will give it a whirl with them and see how it goes

Hey, I am currently (trying) to play FMC on the vita, the tactic I used, and which worked great on the pc save, mysteriously doesn't work at all.

I want to give your tactic a go on it but am away from my pc tonight (have a rare evening where the missus is out and kids have gone down no problems!), I know it's a chore but could someone give me all the details of the tactic to enter manually as unable to download currently.

I can see the player roles and team instructions from the opening post, is there anything that needs editing in player instructions etc?

Rosler - can you give me some advice on the following scenario which seems to be happening to me quite a lot. I have started a new save with these tactics, I am playing as Bournemouth in the Championship and at the moment I am only using S & S V5 as my team is not currently good enough for Rainmaker. Quite a few times both home and away I have got to half-time 2-0 up. I give the lads a good positive team talk but nearly every-time my opponents score twice and pull it back to 2-2. I have a couple of times managed to score again and win.

But my last game against Doncaster is why I have posted. Away 4-0 up at half-time "Keep It Up" team talk and Doncaster hit 3 goals in the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half but I hang on to win 4-3.

So my question, in the opening post you say to use S & S to hold lead after using Rainmaker, but what about holding the lead when you are using only S & S? Would reverting to Defensive or Counter help what do you think?

Rosler - can you give me some advice on the following scenario which seems to be happening to me quite a lot. I have started a new save with these tactics, I am playing as Bournemouth in the Championship and at the moment I am only using S & S V5 as my team is not currently good enough for Rainmaker. Quite a few times both home and away I have got to half-time 2-0 up. I give the lads a good positive team talk but nearly every-time my opponents score twice and pull it back to 2-2. I have a couple of times managed to score again and win.

But my last game against Doncaster is why I have posted. Away 4-0 up at half-time "Keep It Up" team talk and Doncaster hit 3 goals in the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half but I hang on to win 4-3.

So my question, in the opening post you say to use S & S to hold lead after using Rainmaker, but what about holding the lead when you are using only S & S? Would reverting to Defensive or Counter help what do you think?

When favorite and leading 2-0 i always use " do not get complacent". Some players may not react well but it does the job and i comfortably win. The same would go for leading 4-0.

When favorite and leading 2-0 i always use " do not get complacent". Some players may not react well but it does the job and i comfortably win. The same would go for leading 4-0.

Thanks for your answer, I must admit I haven't tried that talk as of yet. I will give it a go. I was also wondering hence my post whether there was a tactical way to combat this.

Not really had that situation arise to be honest.

In fact my main gripe when 3 or 4 nil up at halftime is not scoring another goal in the 2nd half in fact often I won't see a single highlight as if my opponent has completely shut up shop,

But I play 95% of my games with Rainmaker at the moment. My 20 seasons at Tonbridge will soon be up, then I'm gonna take on Leeds and will be using S&S more.

Another thought is if a team is really getting after you when using S&S they must be open at the back, maybe switch up to Rainmaker and hit them on the counter.

Not really had that situation arise to be honest.

In fact my main gripe when 3 or 4 nil up at halftime is not scoring another goal in the 2nd half in fact often I won't see a single highlight as if my opponent has completely shut up shop,

But I play 95% of my games with Rainmaker at the moment. My 20 seasons at Tonbridge will soon be up, then I'm gonna take on Leeds and will be using S&S more.

Another thought is if a team is really getting after you when using S&S they must be open at the back, maybe switch up to Rainmaker and hit them on the counter.

So are you suggesting using Rainmaker but with Counter rather than Attacking selected?

So are you suggesting using Rainmaker but with Counter rather than Attacking selected?

No, rainmaker as normal, attacking.

Just won serie A with Inter Milan (who finished 5th season before) using RainmakerV5 exclusively!!! In fact won it with 3 games to go Played 38 Won 24 Draw 11 lost lost 3 not bad for a first season

Hey Rosler. I have been using your Rainmaker V3 Beta with my Leamington side for around 4 years. I have won the a septuple with it (Community Shield, European Super Cup, EPL, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League and Club World Cup). I think it's called a septuple anyway. I want to switch to V5 but I have Tomas Martinez in the SS on V3 and he is an absolute monster. Are we able to pull one of the CF's back into the SS role?

The tactic is based around the 2 strikers sitting high up the pitch waiting for midfielders to win the ball back leaving your opponents isolated 1 on 1 vs the centre backs.

Using an SS will mess this up.

Not sure about your guys attributes but I'm assuming he's quick and can finish so I would just use him in on of the complete forward roles or the central midfield position retraining if necessary.

NOTE.

Team Cohesion early season is VITAL.

I would suggest 1 week of fitness training preseason then TEAM COHESION until mid October where you can go to balanced.

If you get on a poor run or goals dry up go back to TEAM COHESION until things improve.

OK cool, thanks for the speedy reply :). And I second Team Cohesion, such an underrated training option, playing football with friends is much easier/fun than playing will morons you don't like- if that makes sense?