Potential new position training for regen

Hi , I picked up this striker from Brazil but he's too slow to lead the front line as I only play with one striker. I've tried to implement him into the team with him playing the target man or just him dropping deeper and then the CAM playing the shadow striker but still couldn't get it to work. So with all this in mind I'm thinking of training him to become a CAM , he has fantastic technical and mental stats as well as target man physical stats but no real pace.

Just looking for some opinions really , he seems like a great striker but I just can't get him to fit in. Any tactical advice is entirely welcome too. thanks

Edit : I had him training high on his pace , it went up by 1 (so up to 11) on acceleration and pace but due to a 3 month injury it's gone back down to 10

6BBABE0E94D066ED0168C84329556144F62C9335

He's strong, good in the air and a good passer + a good shot on him. I would still use him as a striker but in a creative role like trequartista or dlf. With a pacey amc and/or wingers making runs beyond him. He's perfectly capable of holding it up and playing others in plus he'll find plenty of opportunities to score himself, just don't have him running the channels or trying to dribble a lot.

I'd consider retraining him to a DLP personally.

He has a great first touch, passing, technique, composure, creativity, and flair. Since he's young you have plenty of time to bring up his positioning, marking, and tackling. His concentration and anticipation are all ready good enough for a screening role.

There are various options as the posters above have pointed out. Personally I would train his Quickness as you have and hopefully it'll get up to 13 or so eventually, which is decent for a big technical striker.

I would play him as a CF(S) as his aerial ability, finishing and creativity would all come into play, especially if you have pacey wingers or AM's making runs off him as mentioned in post 2.

Does he have any PPM's?

Archived