LENNONS 2014 Wing Play

After a lengthy break i returned for some more!

This tactic is based on trying to utilize exciting play, using wingers to best effect.

FORMATION...

11vl69z.jpg

The wide players are set to cut inside which along with the AMC and the striker gives a great attack of 4 players who are all capable of getting shots.

I tested this tactic with Altrincham from the Skrill North which is the lowest League in the English tier available to Manage. With no transfer budget i was very restricted to even the free transfers i managed to get due to the wage bill. However even at this level with this tactic the style of football has been a joy to watch.

I play FM 14 on classic because the other version offers to much depth which cause conflicts in my opinion. So i use this tactic with the minimal of changes required.

The only changes i do make, are...

TRAINING

I set this to ATTACK when a home game is next, switch to Defend Training straight after the match if an away game is next. I have done this so far this season and nothing else. If you feel more confident you could well reap more rewards.

IN GAME

I always start with Control Mentality and rarely change it.

With Altrincham i started off well so i have been favorites for most games so it suits us. For some games when i was not favorite i changed the mentality to Defensive which worked well. I knocked Hereford and Dartford (both away) and both from one division higher out the FA Trophy using Defensive mentality.

In some games if the lead is slight around the 60th minute i change to a Time wasting version. Doing this i have either held on or went on to win more comfortably.

League Table So Far...

2ahbk11.jpg

LENNONS 14 Normal Tactic

http://www.sendspace.com/file/18pas1

Time Wasting Version

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4etjjh

33pa3r9.jpg

A little bit funny this message. The point i am making towards the tactic is the 9 game unbeaten run.

But it states we have moved into the top half of the table, however we have never been out the top 3!

Not expected to challenge for the title yet we are 6 points clear!

Actually i was influenced by several tactics before finalizing on this one. I know Steaton's was one i looked at but i really didn't know the settings were so close. However as i tried several to find what works best and what didn't, it could be possible that i went back to what worked best and tweaked from there.

Hi there, I remember a tactic you did a few versions back with 5 at the back. Loved that thing. So solid. Based on that I'll give this a go. I've never played the classic version. Will the tactic work on the full version?

Not sure, but my guess is it would but you would have more control over options.

For me the full version causes to much conflict. Take team talks for example, you say what you think is right, but if the game thinks over wise it can virtually destroy your morale. Even a good tactic struggles if your players have bad morale.

Classic mode takes a lot of that away whilst still letting you fully manage the team as in tactics, selections, transfers etc.

The season in the Skrill Premier is going to be a huge challenge. The whole squad was on a one year contract and many of them would not renew including my leading scorer Damien Reeves. I tried all season to get him to extend his contract but due to the wage bill restrictions he refused and was eventually released. I have replaced them all with a £0 transfer spend, but to many changes has an ill effect on tactics so it could take time.

Im going to start a new save with Barnsley tonight and give this ago. as im going to be the underdog in most games would you advise a defensive approach. also what do you do if you start the game defensive and concede a goal?

Im going to start a new save with Barnsley tonight and give this ago. as im going to be the underdog in most games would you advise a defensive approach. also what do you do if you start the game defensive and concede a goal?

If you are slight underdog try starting with STANDARD. If stronger underdog drop to DEFENSIVE.

If you go a goal down try to maintain it then switch up at around the 60-65 minute. Once you get a goal to nick a draw or the lead drop down to contain.

sxym80.jpg

As expected this season has proven to be as tough as i expected. At times the passing was terrible and i can understand someone else quitting with the tactic, but there were good reasons.

After promotion we are part-timers in a League with many full-time teams.

70% new players.

£0 transfer budget.

To succeed you need to keep faith. You must stick with the tactic, i dropped down to either DEFENSIVE or even CONTAIN until the players become more fluent with their passing. I was in the bottom 3 and it looked bad, but now my team are starting to pass better, just picked up the Manager of the Month Award and are closer to Mid Table than the bottom. Remember than we are expected to battle bravely against relegation.

qo6mm8.jpg

Archived