FM13: Tactical Help ... AGAIN!

Good evening all,

Just a question; how do I turn this dip in form around?

207890_2014-03-31_00003_zps7daee52c.png

Im using this tactic;

207890_2014-03-31_00001_zps87b006d8.png

And this shout to start the match with;

207890_2014-03-31_00002_zpsfe5bc5ef.png

I need some help constructing a new shout combination and tweaks.

Maybe turn both Wingers (S) and have attacking full/wing backs?

Cheers

Matt

Just finished a match and had a few games in a short space of time. Few players coming back from injury (well... 5) so didnt want to rush them so a few have been playing too many games.

Well I'm no expert, but:

- not enough people getting into the box looks like your #1 problem. Trequartista drops back, AP sits in the hole, wingers stay wide... so the only person I can see who will actually be converting chances is the CM(A). So I'd personally change at least one winger to an inside forward (which is what Everton seem to play anyway).

- swap your AP and CM to different sides... having a Winger(S) and AP(S), with the WB(A) pushing up, I'd have thought it'd be very congested on that side...everyone sitting in the same spot doing similar things.

- Some thoughts on your shouts: look for overlap definitely has to go. You're not playing IF's, so there's no space for the WB's to overlap. Work ball into box and play out of defence are standard possession type shouts, which I assume is what you're going for. Depending on your stats, choose Shorter Passing too.

Honestly I think you're game plan is a little confused. What type of game do you want to play?? Post up some game stats too, maybe the defeats so we can see what's going on in matches.

Im away from laptop so cant give a screenshot.

Instructions : direct/disciplined/pressing/aggressive/float crosses.

I tried IFs before but on support, try attack next time?

Pressing (if you mean Hassle Opponents) doesn't affect defensive line at all.

See... ive forgotten alot! So I should have been using the push higher up shout to start the match?

All I want really is a simple tactic that gets the ball forward effectively to my front menwho can then pick their passes. While at the same time maintaining a sound defence (hence Counter setting) im not bothered about winning every match 4/5-0.

One of the things I do like when it works is the pass into space, I have Allione and a regen called Conca who are both 17 in pace and acceleration (and not too shabby at anticipation) so when these are set free with a ball from Fellaini behind the opponents full backs, it can be devastating... that can still be done with IF's cant it?

See... ive forgotten alot! So I should have been using the push higher up shout to start the match?

It's all a balance. Arguably a sound defence doesn't automatically go hand in hand with Hassle Opponents, as the higher line Hassle requires by default leaves space behind.

However, with the right players, you can easily get away with it. I use Control and Hassle, and just two DCs with CWBs and an Anchor, and we've conceded 18, 14, 19 and 15 goals in the 4 seasons so far - plus 9 in 17 in season 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Changed to a balanced/counter

Short passing

More expressive (I have 4th highest Creativity in the league and best decision makers)

Drill crosses and everythinh else on default.

Shouts change on match conditions and opposition but use pass into space a lot as I have 3 very fast forwards.

Changed left side to a WB (auto) and IF (A) and right side to a FB (A) and W (S).

The DM is changed to a DLP (D) to help support creativity in the middle when the CM (A) goes forward.

Dropped the high pressing game and aggressive tackling and the defence has been harder to get through.

Its been creating some great football pre-season scoring 12 and conceding 2 in 5 games.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at that fixture list I'd suspect one of the reasons for the poor run of form is exhaustion, especially if you're not able to rotate the squad enough.

They were frigged, had to go to a bog standard 442 to see the season out as I couldnt rotate the central 3 properly so had to reduce it to 2 midfielders to rotate 1.

Few more tweaks.

GK - GK D

DR - FB A

DC - CD D

DC - CD D

DL - FB A

DM - Anchor D

MC(L) - AP S

MC ® - CM A

AMR - IF A

AML - IF A

S - CF S