Potential Ability isn't static?

In simple words what I don't like is the difference between

"It might rain, alex ferguson would probably use an umbrella, so should I" against "It is raining, I don't want to get wet, so I am going to use an umbrella"

I've always thought (and I'm still convinced) PA is always fixed once the value has been set at the beginning of a game (where Negative and random [0] PA are given a fixed figure in the appropriate range).

What changes is:

CA: it goes up with development and down with injuries and age

PPA: that is Perceived Potential Ability, or, if you prefer, HAA, highest attainable ability. All younger players have the chance to reach their actual PA, but in-game events can change that, making the original PA permanently out of reach. So a new, lower, pseudo-PA is negotiated and that's the one scouts and coaches will look at when judging the player's potential. (but the actual PA value doesn't change. Or at least the change is not shown in any of the RTE editors. The old Genie Scout used to tell you the highest possible CA/HAA though)

It's not just injuries that can lower the HAA, but also weak mental stats, lack of proper development or of adequate competitive football... That's why the 180PA eandom Cambodian newgen isn't going to become the new Messi even if you sign him at 18.

And that's why after a certain age (21 or 22 I think), even AI clubs give up on players whose attributes haven't increased properly, despite having spent good money on them one or two years earlier because they got "fooled" by a very high PA that wasn't matched already by the set of ability... What was a 100CA/170PA at 18 (and was still worth millions to them) is now a 120CA/140PPA/170PA at 21 and is unlikely to commend high fees or to attract top clubs.

Basically, it's about how far the actual peak of a player's curve is from the ideal one set by the initial PA

• Administrators
I'm willing to accept this as the most likely reason for the jump in the PA, but do you actually know for sure that it cannot go up on its own? Is there an official word from SI?

So me saying "it certainly can't go up" earlier in this thread is no longer counted as official? Boo :(

In simple words what I don't like is the difference between

"It might rain, alex ferguson would probably use an umbrella, so should I" against "It is raining, I don't want to get wet, so I am going to use an umbrella"

Based on your earlier posts, it seems to me like you are saying it should be the latter, which to me is false. Nothing in football is as clear-cut as that an umbrella keeps you dry

So me saying "it certainly can't go up" earlier in this thread is no longer counted as official? Boo :(

You still haven't been told? You were let go several years ago and cannot act as an official voice on things FM. The guys at the office have been wondering how long you will keep coming there...

Actually I just didn't notice your post.

• 1 month later...

What i want to know is, when tutoring a player using the under your wing off the field style, does stats like important matches and consistancy go up?

Reason being is i have been having Suarez tutor Jerome Sinclair for 5 seasons, but i have noticed Sinclairs Important match stat is only 7. I decided to see what effects Suarez had on him regarding CA and basically he is maxed out, but noticed that he had this low stat on important matches when i check Suarez he had 15-18 cant remember exactly so i wanted to know if and how does important matches stat go up.

What i want to know is, when tutoring a player using the under your wing off the field style, does stats like important matches and consistancy go up?

I believe certain stats like 'important matches' and 'influence' can only go up through age and good performances in big games. Tutoring a player will only affect his hidden personality attributes and determination I think.

The point is Bale's PA never changed, he always had the ability. What changed was your perception of it.

Waht was the number assigned to Bales PA in earlier versions of the game, for example last year. Was he a minus PA thereby allowing room for his PA to be what it is or lower, or higher? or was it fixed?

if PA is 200 and player is aged 15, he gains CA slowly towards 200

in start he may have 100 CA but if he gets injured his CA drops, injuries cause players to drop CA with time

after age 25 he wont be able to generate much CA so you can say he will never reach 200 PA this way :)

and his rating wont be a 5 too

in my career mode i have seen messi getting injured for 4-5 months but his PA is static

PA dont drop for me :)

already explained by alex :applause:

• 6 months later...

I think this thread is talking about similar points to a thread I created about attribute scoring - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/410860-Help-understanding-attributes.

This thread has the same issues, about comparisons. Let's take Ronaldo's CA and PA. It's likely to be around 190 ish for both, as he's probably the greatest player of this generation and has probably reached his maximum. However, that 190 is a comparative score, comparing him to all other players in the database. If a new regen comes along that is world class, and is the new Ronaldo but has skills and abilities twice that of Ronaldo, then this new player would have a PA of 190 ish, or 195, but I'm assuming that in order to accurately reflect how good he is, other people would need their PA's reduced. For example, if this new regen is twice the player of Ronaldo, then you can't leave Ronaldo on 190. You'd have to drop him to keep the same comparative abilities.

Archived