Sports Interactive Community
Snaflet

Had a Crash Dump a few minutes after game was saved, saved game now won't load

Also can't work out how to upload saved game if I need to!

Saved the game at 11.39 and on 1 Feb (game day), Crash Dump was two game days later and at 11.42 real time. Why won't the save game load? The file is a normal size... other save games load fine.

Particularly annoying as I'd saved post-match to avoid losing a satisfying win due to crash dumps and now I appear to have lost three games.

any help much appreciated :)

Have you had any issues saving any of the other backup saves since?

Saves since have all been fine, holidayed through the period of the game it crashed and fine, replaying now but holidaying games and approaching the point where save now won't load and that the crash dump happened, will report back on what happens...

Reached 3 Feb game date, saved, played past it to 4 Feb (no crash dump) and reloaded the new save file fine

That's really strange. Sounds like a one-off. I'd recommend going into your in-game preferences when you load up FM and turn on 'New File for Every Save' option under the auto saves. I'd also suggest turning it on onto weekly or fortnightly so you always have a recent back up.

I'd been using a cycle of three different save files on rotation until I got complacent for this one for ten game days... serve me right I suppose, very frustrating seeing the file there and it just not loading though! Feel convinced it should be able to load if I just do something differently

So you think the issue is it started auto-save over the save file and corrupted it?

Applied your advice and hope it doesn't happen again :) thanks for helping

It's difficult to know exactly how it has become corrupted - is the file size the same as the backups?

It was a reasonable size bigger than one from a few days earlier- don't worry about it now though, will just chalk it up as one of those things

Okay well sorry you've encountered this, as said it may be worth changing your auto saving as I suggested above. Thanks for getting back to me.