Tactical Familiarity?

I downloaded the skin that Drakestone done for FMC(Vexillium). One of the first things I noted was that it included the standard games 3 tactic options, and that my current tactic was wasn't close to fluid....

I had assumed in Classic, that familiarity was locked at 100%? So does it turn out that it reads familiarity as the standard game does, and just hides the stats from you, or is this some inconsistency with Classic being incompatible with the standard games tactics page that this skin has incorporated?

Does this show that 100% tactical familiarity isn't as important as most(myself included) believed?

Cheers mate, I was hoping that was the case!

I'm sure Lucas will confirm this in time, but keep an eye on the familiarity bar to see if it does anything.

I'm certain it isn't in FMC, but would be interesting to see what the bar does.

If anything, the skin creator should be asked to remove it, as it's misleading!

• Administrators

Cosmetic rubbish :) More than likely a GUI "bug" with the skin (if you can call it that, since there is no tactical familiarity in FMC).

I'd advise using the default FMC skin, so potentially issues like this don't cause any confusion in your FMC games.

• 4 weeks later...

Only just seen this, I think it's because it uses panels from the FM skin in places that I haven't replaced, it's interesting to see it behaves in that way though!!

I'm in the process of updating the FMC version of the skin mind, I went backwards last time and copied fmc files from the base FMC skin to mine rather than copying my files to the FMC base skin, so I may have missed a few. Shouldn't have that problem once I've finished. Keep an eye on the Vexillium thread for an update.

• Administrators

That's for improving Tactical attributes such as anticipation, off the ball, etc.

Archived