Sports Interactive Community
Possums

As PSV, do I have to run both main and B teams?

I haven't had any luck on the FMC forum, so hopefully someone can provide insight here. I know Classic differs from "full" in some respects, but hopefully general info will help me.

I just got hired by PSV in the Dutch top league. They of course have a B team in the league below. Do I have to run this entire team as well? I can set the tactics, etc. So do I have to essentially roster a monstrous squad to keep enough players to play on my B team? Do I still get income from their matches? Do I have to manage the actual games? Can I freely swap players between my main team and B team like an ordinary reserve? FMC does not have the Staff Responsibilities function as far as I know.

Never had a B team before as you can tell. Can somebody give me a rundown of what it involves? Thanks!

Without the Staff Responsibilities, I'm not sure how you would configure this.

Neither am I! I guess I'll just have to see how this first season works.

I am currently managing PSV in the full game, so I can answer a few. The B team behaves exactly like a reserve side - you can freely move players and you can for example set for players in the first team to be available for 45,60 or 90 minutes. This is excellent for youth players and for keeping your team fit. So you do not need a huge roster unless you want one. Play promising youngsters, and backup first team players in your B team. You cannot get relegated either, which is nice.

You will not have to manage them either, on my game I have a B team manager (Darijo Kalezic, ex Stockport County manager no less!). I would assume you can do the same on FMC, so you do not have to worry about staff responsibility.

I am currently managing PSV in the full game, so I can answer a few. The B team behaves exactly like a reserve side - you can freely move players and you can for example set for players in the first team to be available for 45,60 or 90 minutes. This is excellent for youth players and for keeping your team fit. So you do not need a huge roster unless you want one. Play promising youngsters, and backup first team players in your B team. You cannot get relegated either, which is nice.

You will not have to manage them either, on my game I have a B team manager (Darijo Kalezic, ex Stockport County manager no less!). I would assume you can do the same on FMC, so you do not have to worry about staff responsibility.

Perfect, thanks!