[FM14] [RELEASED] Vexillium for FM14 and FMC14

Drakestone

Look forward to it Drakestone,been using this for nearly a week.Did you manage to sort the issues with "double logos" though?

Yep, I had to do away with putting the player picture in the title bar in order to stop it from happening. Now the manager suit image appears on all screens instead.

As for the resolution issues, due to me making text a pixel smaller, hopefully scrolling should no longer be an issue on attributes panel.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just copying the required changes to the fmc skin and correcting a few things that have changed for this update. It will be soon but |I should say when or I'll have everyone saying 'Why's it not here yet?' lol

I will say tomorrow night latest :p

Just copying the required changes to the fmc skin and correcting a few things that have changed for this update. It will be soon but |I should say when or I'll have everyone saying 'Why's it not here yet?' lol

I will say tomorrow night latest :p

Haha yeah very true i guess!!!

OK then, I've got rid of the manager image and made it so club badges appear on team pages, player profiles appear on player pages and competition logos appear on competition pages without any duplicates :)

Still not happy with the processing screen and I need to get it all ported to the FMC version so a bit of work left to do, I could release tonight (just the FM version) and put the FMC one up when its ready but I'd rather get it all done and release it all in one package again. PM for a BETA though if you'dd like to bug test.

There's a few tiny things like the placement of the added time and aggregate score on the match day title bar and the subscription panel still not working but yes I agree, its close to being final.

BETA version of v1.3 now on general release.

(Please not this only includes the full FM skin and not the FMC one yet and does NOT support either BG selector or user backgrounds, this will be in the final release once I've finished making changes to it.)

9/4/2014 - Updated to v.1.3b2

1. Header redesigned to stop overlaps from happening in places in the layout.

2. Match day title bar cleaned up a bit.

3. Font changed to Open Sans for language compatibility.

4. Main menu changed to avoid graphical overlaps.

5. Manager suit image removed from title bars.

6. Header now displays club logo on club screen only, player picture on player screens and competition logos on competition screens.

7. More panels added from base and modified for visual improvement.

8. Scoreboard on full screen match changed to take up less space and fixed to animate with the action bar.

9. Processing screen cleaned up to make reading text easier.

10. New processing slide-out animation (from the right instead of top)

11. Continue button now resizes to fit text without cutting it off.

Current buglist:

Subscription panel displays incorrectly (empty)

Any bugs, let me know!

DOWNLOAD

Good work overall but that said, I'm not a fan of some of those changes, particularly the header part. The thicker borders for example, while they look nice on some screens they make things seem messy on others. For example here

fvALrTh.jpg

you see the competition logo cut into the borders at both ends and it just looks unclean. Then there's the additional two stripes bit on some pages

IsmcebD.jpg

This looks completely unnecessary to me, and the color combination there is weird as well. Plus it cuts through the borders again as does the manager profile picture.

Also, this is probably just personal preference, but I don't really like profile pictures in the header. Why? Because I spend a lot of time on player profile screens and having the picture there in the header looks weird with the bigger portrait just below it. Like this

3EE37Bs.jpg

Oh, and another thing. The scoreboard. It looks nice, but I wish there was a way of making the game clock stand out a bit more. It's kind of hard to follow because it's tiny and has a bit of that transparency effect.

I've made some more changes to the scoreboard buddy, I agree the text was a bit too small on that one. As for the header changes, it's the only way I could display a teams two colours without getting overlaps on the boxes below. The only reason the colour of that two stripe bar looks weird is because you have alternate colours selected in preferences, turn it off to stop that from happening. I'll include an alternate titlebar and team titlebar in the final version that removes player profile pictures and replaces it with the club logo for you. You can remove the second colour bar from the header yourself if you like or I can upload some replacement files for you.

Work still continues!!

As you can see my user backgrounds are working and you can select between them and/or backgrounds in the selector. The header has been made smaller and more streamlined, this is good news for low-res and windowed mode players. The menubar is now transparent so your backgrounds shows through. Font has switched back to stock for sizing and alignment purposes.

7z3e.png

Hey buddy, first of all let me say this skin is awesome. Congrats for your outsanding job.

Said that, i would like to highlight a couple of bugs i found around and to suggest you two or three tweaks in my humble opinion could help you to improve even further your work. That post will be quite long so i apologize since now for the stolen time (and for my incorrect english).

Lets start from the bugs:

- Player > General > Informations (white background makes impossible to read the matches played in the designated role)

smwnqp.jpg

- Team > History > Competitions (white background, basically same as before)

2zs37e8.jpg

- Team > Informations > General (the field height is not aligned and partially hidden behind the picture of the stadium)

axi692.jpg

Now i have some suggestions, as i said before, please take it just as constructive feedbacks and not as criticism :)

Player profile:

2sbse2f.jpg

1. Personally, i find far more useful the version of the "Role" Tab with the three best roles followed by the stars in each one and the foot strenght (i found the pic with the horizontal field, but it exist even vertical, and i have the codes for both so, if you need, just let me know)

14joyf4.jpg

2. I saw it miss the "show recent attribute changes" button. I dunno if it is intentional or if it is impossibile to put it there, but i found it really usefull to monitor my players growth in the official skin

3. In some other skins (not the officials btw) the different ratings are colored differently. This little tweak, repeated in the team selection overview panel, it can help to make the selection of the players more immediate and easy

dp8qar.jpg

4. I would suggest to insert in some playerprofile tabs the "preferred moves" tab (i hope in egnlish is called like that) because i think for somebody it could be usefull to have the option to add it in the playerprofile screen

Competition Overview:

ve2f55.jpg

1. The fixtures can be transformed in a way that can have a far better visual impact: the "home team" can be aligned right and the little logos of both teams can be shown (image). To do that you just have to find the "fixture competition overview.xml" and modify the red lines as below. Give it a try and if you like it maybe you can think to add it.

<!-- *** Home Team *** -->
   <!-- Team name -->
   <widget id="hnam" class="team_button" alignment="right, centre_y" [color="#FF0000"]icon_enabled="true" icon_alignment="right"[/color] />
   <!-- Result -->
   <widget id="hres" class="label" alignment="right" colour="fixture outcome" />
   <!-- Aggregate Score -->
   <widget id="hagg" class="label" colour="result aggregate" [color="#FF0000"]alignment="right"[/color] />

<!-- *** Score *** -->
   <container>
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget id="scor" class="text" colour="fixture score separator" spec="text, large" alignment="centre_x, centre_y" />
     <widget id="attd" class="text_button" colour="fixture score separator" spec="text, large" alignment="centre_x, centre_y" hidden="true" />
   </container>

<!-- *** Away Team *** -->
   <!-- Aggregate Score -->
   <widget id="aagg" class="label" colour="result aggregate" />
   <!-- Result -->
   <widget id="ares" class="label" colour="fixture outcome" />
   <!-- Team name -->
   <widget id="anam" class="team_button" [color="#FF0000"]icon_enabled="true"[/color] />
 </container>

2. The statistics about goalscorers, assistman and so on can be improved by adding one or two lines below the original four (and even here you can show the little team logos). To do it you just have to find "competition overview panel stats panel.xml" and modify the code as below (i show you just the goalscorers stats but it easy to replicate for every column). As you can see in the image above there's space wasted between the stats columns so why not add one or two lines.

<container default_width="-1" minimum_width="220" priority="1">
         <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="24, 1, -1" offset="0" gap="0" />
         <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />
         <widget class="text" alignment="left, centre_y" font="fonts/table_heading" size="12">
           <translation id="text" translation_id="336868" type="use" value="Top Goalscorers[COMMENT: title for table showing players who have scored most goals]" />
         </widget>
         <widget class="picture" file="interface/separator" />
         <widget class="competition_player_stats_panel" file="competition overview player stats">
           <boolean id="comp_stats_show_headings" value="false" />
           <boolean id="comp_stats_hide_info_icon" value="true" />
           [color="#FF0000"]<boolean id="comp_stats_hide_team_logo" value="false" />[/color]
           <integer id="type" value="2" />
           <boolean id="fixed" value="true" />
           [color="#FF0000"]<integer id="maximum_items" value="6" />[/color]
         </widget>
       </container>

15dqt50.jpg

(i partially took both of this last two suggestions from FLUTskin).

To conclude i think it could be really useful to add somewhere in the "club overview panel.xml" a "Last Starting XI", personally i find it really usefull. The code is below.

<!--last starting XI-->
               <container class="plain_box">
                   <translation id="title" translation_id="348972" type="use" value="Last Starting 11[COMMENT: club overview panel, details of the last selected match team for a given club]" />
                   <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pwtc" navigation_disabled="true">
                     <boolean id="vertical" value="false" />
                     <boolean id="pitch_dont_draw_indicators" value="true" />
                     <boolean id="pitch_dont_use_player_properties" value="true" />
                     <boolean id="pitch_allow_player_selection" value="false" />
                     <boolean id="drop_initial_if_possible" value="true" />

Thank you for the patience to read this wall of text. I hope it will be helpful. If there is something unclear, please let me know, G.

Another update, the FMC skin is gonna take longer to release as I'm going back to basics with it and using the fmc as a base this time instead of trying to go the other way round. Should work as intended then without any bugs needing fixing.

bgfb.png

fy1s.png

uk2h.png

Another update, the FMC skin is gonna take longer to release as I'm going back to basics with it and using the fmc as a base this time instead of trying to go the other way round. Should work as intended then without any bugs needing fixing.

I can't send you a PM because your inbox is full.

Thanks for the PM! I've uncovered what seems to be a bug in the latest beta's title screen at 1920x1080. As you can see, there's a overlapping screen underneath of greater length, which looks a bit odd.

2014-04-21_00002_zpsaacfd57f.jpg

The thin yellow line underneath the loading bar also feels unnecessary. It would probably look cleaner if the bar was transparent or nonexistent.

2014-04-21_00003_zps59353563.jpg

There is also a misalignment with the top bar that looks disconcerting. It feels like a similar issue to the title page one.

2014-04-21_00004_zpsc408a803.jpg

Here's the same issue without my arrows added to it.

2014-04-21_00005_zps802de03a.jpg

Using Custom backgrounds, certain elements of the font can become difficult to read, such as the red used to indicate club debt.

2014-04-21_00006_zps6bd08a44.jpg

As you can see it shows up well against darker backgrounds, but not lighter ones. Perhaps increasing the font size slightly would help amend this? The white silhouette of the staff member without a picture also really stands out. It might look better if it was a light gray.

2014-04-21_00008_zpsd2584dc6.jpg

The attribute text coloration does not show up well on light backgrounds, and the lowest attribute values don't show up very well on medium-dark backgrounds.

2014-04-21_00007_zps0e1d5222.jpg

2014-04-21_00009_zps7363b1cd.jpg

2014-04-21_00010_zps62e6201b.jpg

Even top level individuals are affected by this.

2014-04-21_00011_zps1e44e741.jpg

While this might also be resolved by slightly decreasing transparency (not an ideal option for me), I can't locate the widget allowing me to do so, so I'm assuming there isn't one.

Looking at the player profile the white numbering shows up much clearer than the colored numbering.

2014-04-21_00013_zpsd5b62eef.jpg

2014-04-21_00014_zps666c6362.jpg

2014-04-21_00015_zpsbbd58f97.jpg

2014-04-21_00016_zpsf3ea4549.jpg

I also like the attribute polygon, and am saddened it hasn't made it to either the profile or the attributes screen. Is there not room for it here?

2014-04-21_00018_zpsa4ce4985.jpg

There's also large black bars all over the processing screen.

2014-04-21_00019_zpsacb6ef6c.jpg

Hope the feedback is of use!

Thanks for the PM! I've uncovered what seems to be a bug in the latest beta's title screen at 1920x1080. As you can see, there's a overlapping screen underneath of greater length, which looks a bit odd.

This is intentional and is a pretty integral part of the skins design, without the ribbon part it without be Vexillium really (which is derived from the word Vexillum, meaning banner) so will not be changing

The thin yellow line underneath the loading bar also feels unnecessary. It would probably look cleaner if the bar was transparent or non-existent.

Yep, I agree it's been bugging me too. Will be removed.

There is also a misalignment with the top bar that looks disconcerting. It feels like a similar issue to the title page one.

Again, it's meant to be there as it's part of the design.

Using Custom backgrounds, certain elements of the font can become difficult to read, such as the red used to indicate club debt.

As you can see it shows up well against darker backgrounds, but not lighter ones. Perhaps increasing the font size slightly would help amend this? The white silhouette of the staff member without a picture also really stands out. It might look better if it was a light gray.

The little cog by your manager name at the top of the screen, click it then click the percentage at the bottom ;)

The attribute text coloration does not show up well on light backgrounds, and the lowest attribute values don't show up very well on medium-dark backgrounds. Even top level individuals are affected by this. While this might also be resolved by slightly decreasing transparency (not an ideal option for me), I can't locate the widget allowing me to do so, so I'm assuming there isn't one.

Again, the little cog by your manager name at the top of the screen, click it then click the percentage at the bottom

I also like the attribute polygon, and am saddened it hasn't made it to either the profile or the attributes screen. Is there not room for it here?

On the Player Profile screen, in the top right corner of all boxes except the one on the far left there should be a (albeit hard too see, I should change the icon to white) icon to click. A dropdown menu appears allowing you to customise the panels displayed in each box, the Attribute Analyser is one of them.

There's also large black bars all over the processing screen.

I still dont like the processing panel much (older versions of FM with the SITV panels were much better) but unfortunately I made those bars black so I didnt have any issues with text legibility. If you can think of a better solution that looks smarter feel free to make a suggestion :)

Hope the feedback is of use!

Of course! Thanks for the feedback, any feedback I get only enables me to make the skin better.

OK, so this is the match screen on the upcoming FMC update...

1mjv.png

And the Manager Home screen...

abm4.png

Club Overview Panel...

ygem.png

Player Overview Screen...

pilv.png

Still in the process of replacing images and whatnot but at least the fmc skin now works as it was intended.

If anyone wants a BETA, PM me.

@Sami Hyypia: Cheers Buddy

Well yes I do, now? :D

Hopefully once the last little things are sorted, 2.0 should be a final release (Hope so as I'm starting work on an English District league structure in the database, I won't have as much time for skinning)

24/4/14 - Updated to 2.0b4

1. Re-added FMC skin to the package

2. FMC skin improvements, it shouldnt have many bugs now except text alignment in a few places

3. Header shortened in height for maximum compatibility with small resolutions

4. No more player pictures in the titlebar

5. Changed scoreboard slightly

6. Match screen has had a few adjustments

7. Lato has been replaced for main text by HelveticaNeueOTS to avoid cutoffs

DOWNLOAD

Make sure you delete all vexillium folders from your skins folder before installing, this includes:

vexillium

vexillium fmc

vexillium widgets

Enjoy!!

I like to get at least one database done a year. This ones quite the ambitious one. The 326 districts of England split into 8 Levels (Similar to going down as far as the Southern Division One South/West IRL) so you can play as the likes of Islington, kirklees, Rutland, wychavon, Wiltshire etc. Its split by population so districts with the highest population play higher up the leagues. Just doing the research for it now, you can help by filling in details in the spreadsheet for it HERE

As for Vexillium, I will make sure its bug free or as close as I can get it before I stop working on it.

I will be back skinning when FM15 is here though ;)

Archived