Sports Interactive Community
Goob1183

Missed penalties and their placement. Bug?

OK, I have so far seen 6 missed pens in Northern Ireland on my save.

1 missed in a league game, the other 5 have been missed in PSO's in various cup comps.

However the same is happening: The missed penalties are being blasted down the middle and the keeper palms it away. I have not seen any pens shot wide, over, against the wood(dont get me started there :lol:) or placed in the corner and the keeper diving to save it.

Id be interested to hear if anyone has seen realistic pen misses and if so: what league/competition?

I can confirm that this is an issue, and an extremely annoying one at that. I've seen 5 missed penalties so far this season, and every single missed penalty has been blasted straight down the middle at the keeper, who then just palms it out wide. Very unrealistic. Most keepers when faced with a pen dive to the left or right. Every single missed penalty is identical. That's poor.

My keeper dived and saved a penalty the other night so not all are saved down the middle.

I've just had a penalty saved against Bishops Stortford, and guess what. Yup, blasted straight down the middle at the keeper, who just stood there and palmed it away. I even changed penalty takers in case that was the issue. It wasn't.

I would say upwards of 90% of missed penalties are ones hit down the middle

LOL that is absolute rubbish and I think you know it. Just looked at Liverpool's three missed penalties this season (for and against), and none were blasted straight down the middle. Daniel Sturridge against Everton? Blazed over the bar. Stevie G today against Man Utd? Hit the post. Jonathan Walters pen saved by Simon Mignolet? Dived to his right to save. Goalkeepers almost always dive to one side when faced with a penalty, which means that when a penalty is saved, it's usually to one side. I haven't seen any penalties blazed over or put wide (during normal play) in FM14 and I think it needs to be looked at.

LOL that is absolute rubbish and I think you know it. Just looked at Liverpool's three missed penalties this season (for and against), and none were blasted straight down the middle. Daniel Sturridge against Everton? Blazed over the bar. Stevie G today against Man Utd? Hit the post. Jonathan Walters pen saved by Simon Mignolet? Dived to his right to save. Goalkeepers almost always dive to one side when faced with a penalty, which means that when a penalty is saved, it's usually to one side. I haven't seen any penalties blazed over or put wide (during normal play) in FM14 and I think it needs to be looked at.

I mean in the game. I was agreeing with you

Jason Puncheon against Spurs? Blazed over the bar.

Frank Lampard against Hull? Brilliant save by McGregor diving to his right.

Christian Benteke against Arsenal? Saved by Szczesny to his left.

I could go on. I can't find one penalty missed this season that has been blasted down the middle like all of mine have in FM. Point proved, case closed, it needs looking at.

I mean in the game. I was agreeing with you

Oh I see. 100% of mine are identical, but yes there is obviously a problem with penalties, both in normal games and in penalty shoot-outs.

Penalties have been pretty much discussed to death in the feedback thread, but if anyone wants to mention them again - please do so in that thread rather than in another satellite thread.

It has been acknowledged that the conversion rate is too high, and I personally agree that you never seem to see a completely missed penalty.

In my experience, you do see plenty of saves through dives to the corners though.