My maiden trip into becoming a manager for the very first time.

Just posting this here while Steam installs the game.

got very lucky aswell. Steam offers 66% discount so only 16.99 instead of 44.99

Anyways...

I'm totally new to the game. I did play in the Age of Championship Manager and in the pre-age of D.Diny Anco Player Manager on the 80268 iirc. Still got the disc.

I've dipped into the demo but after 20 minutes the demo crashes and i had to redownload everytime. Steam Sale convinced me to buy it at 66% discount (yey!)

I'm probably going to start with a top team to learn the basics but ideally I'd love to have a lower classed team and build it up.

Couple of questions first.

Will I also be able to be a "player" or just manager?

What are your firsttime get started player suggestions? Anything to really avoid or "do this absolutely" tips.

Can I build a complete new team that doesn't exist and enlist it in a league? If so, players would be randomly generated? Or handpicked?

Have a look at the tactics forums on here to try understand the do and do nots of tactic building also people post some good ones on this forum which can help if you're struggling. I'd also recomend keeping your tactics simple to begin with.

The game also includes a tutorial to help you get to grips with the basics.

Finally if in doubt look on this forum lots of help and advice and people always willing to lend you a hand

What are your firsttime get started player suggestions? Anything to really avoid or "do this absolutely" tips.?

Take a look at http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/. Its's a good source for quite a bit of info that's better organized than a forum. If you have specific questions, then this forum is excellent for that.

Two other things: 1) Don't hit Continue on your first save until you've gone through pretty much every screen, transfer/loan listed surplus players, identified areas of need, understood the finances, etc... 2) Make sure your tactic is fluid in all areas by the start of the season (if you're picking a team in between seasons). Read Cleon's pre-season thread for info on how to do this.

Archived