Silk & Steel - The Quickening......... exclusively for 14.3

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonna roll with Chelsea. 90 points 90 goals is the target.

Go for 100 goals!!

Ba, Schurrle and Hazard have been scoring great for me, with good support from Eto'o and Torres. The goals from the forwards was the reason I didn't buy a striker in the January window.

Fantastic results with Crystal Palace mate! I managed them in my last game and I was pretty much in a relegation dogfight throughout!

Currently using Nottingham Forest at the moment using S7S V2 which is working well. However, despite minor tweaks my strikers ratings seem to be pretty poor and I am relying heavily on my midfielders and even my CB's from corners. Jack Hobbs is on fire! Is the strikers issue a known problem associated with 14.3?

Anyway can't wait to see the new formation! Well done and hats off for all the hard work!

So......... what is this new formation??? ;)

Dont want to give that up at the moment. I want this to be my final tactic for FM14 and i want it to work with teams of ALL levels.

So not having tested it with Chelsea yet i dont want to come on here and give it "the big 'un", formation 'n' all and then have to back track on it.

I will confirm WINGERS ARE IN, although they are set to 'Defensive Winger'. They still contribute well to attacks and that little bit of 'cover' allows us to take liberties elsewhere on the pitch. You can probably work out where we are taking said 'liberties' especially when i point out there is a lot of 'overlapping' going on.....:lol:

Fantastic results with Crystal Palace mate! I managed them in my last game and I was pretty much in a relegation dogfight throughout!

Currently using Nottingham Forest at the moment using S7S V2 which is working well. However, despite minor tweaks my strikers ratings seem to be pretty poor and I am relying heavily on my midfielders and even my CB's from corners. Jack Hobbs is on fire! Is the strikers issue a known problem associated with 14.3?

Anyway can't wait to see the new formation! Well done and hats off for all the hard work!

Very interesting.

About to embark on my EPL adventure tonight on my network save with Forest as well, using S&Sv2.

Got Huth, Corchia, some Polish DM and Ekdal as my main signings so far.

But I'm still looking for a striker or preferably even two. Having no idea who to sign and wonder how I'm supposed to score (even more as in my own private Girondins save, as posted above, I have 10 clean sheets in 12 league matches, but scored only 10 goals myself...). Any recommendations?

Want to get a season in with Chelsea. PROVIDING I'm happy with the results which for me means a dominating premier league win I'll put it out.

If all goes to plan Saturday evening due to work commitments etc,

I'll keep you all updated in the meantime with how it's looking.

Jayahr depends on the date in your save but Darren Bent did pretty well in my QPR save 22goals in championship then 16 in Premier he mostly played the CF position in S+Sv2 did mix that role up abit changed it to AF,DLF or DF sometimes

Oh for the F9 a big lad who can pass, Remy is good as long as he is happy if he isn't your better off sticking your reserve keeper there :eek:

I have Steven Fletcher there, does a good job. Rhodes is great in the CF position for me, top scorer in the Premiership last year.

I have Steven Fletcher there, does a good job. Rhodes is great in the CF position for me, top scorer in the Premiership last year.

Yeah, wanted him, but he demanded 3m p.a. wages and went for WBA instead of me :(

So much off-topic while waiting for the final revelation :D

my God I'm struggling with 14.3. I'm Liverpool with a fairly decent squad. Using SS2, tried all other tactics, try as hard as I can I can't draw and am conceding silly goals. I'm fast losing enjoyment in this game :(

I am currently using a tactic, which is based on S&S v2, but i have made several tweaks to TI's, PI's duties and roles. The formation however is the same that S&S v2 has.

So far it has worked really well, used it in 4 matches, won 4 matches. Goals for 12 and goals against 3. I will continue using it for the rest of my season and see how it goes.

Does it still works good? What were the exact tweaks? Do you want to share the tactic (to use it while waiting for Mr U Rosler's new tactic)?

my God I'm struggling with 14.3. I'm Liverpool with a fairly decent squad. Using SS2, tried all other tactics, try as hard as I can I can't draw and am conceding silly goals. I'm fast losing enjoyment in this game :(

14.3 is certainly 'testing'.

The defending is awful. Not tactics just poor decisions from players constantly closing the wrong players etc.

Not been able to do much work on the tactic last day or two but I think any successful tactic will need to be attacking to cover defensive **** ups,

We're gonna score 1 more than you etc.

Should get 3 hours in tonight.

I'm playing as Liverpool while I wait for Mr Rosler's latest tactic.

I am in January season 1. No signings at all. I'm using Quickening with S7Sv2. I'm doing pretty well as I am second in the league and was top until the Christmas fixture pile up caused a few headaches. I find I will stick with Quickening unless I am underdog such as away to Man City. Once I am one or two goals up I then switch to S&Sv2 for defensive stability and hold out for the win.

Not perfect but seems to be working well. My tactic is fluid you will probably not feel the benefit if you plug in any new tactic partway throught the season.

Also as many have mentioned before you need to look at moral as well. There is more to winning than simply the tactic.

Good luck.

I have the same problem since 14.3 with Club Brugge. That's why I am desperately waiting Mister U Rosler's new tactic :)

I have the same problem since 14.3 with Club Brugge. That's why I am desperately waiting Mister U Rosler's new tactic :)

I'm using a combination of Quickening 'A' and S&S V2 with Chelsea. Top of the league and had been winning fairly comfortably but have struggled a bit lately but still managed to pull out three 1-0 wins back to back, although each game was a struggle. They included beating Man City in the Capital One Cup final and Man Utd in the league (currently they are 2nd) at Old Trafford.

Currently on an 82 game unbeaten run in all comps and 52 in EPL.

I`m in 2020 with an almost complete squad of regens whom i purchased between 15-20 and are now world beaters.

I have been using your set of tactics from the start with great success in winning multiple EPL and CL titles along the way....keep it up :)

OK,

Think i've got the tactic firing as well as i ever will. Freak results aside its proving very consistant.

I've made a few changes from the tactic which got palace 11th so in the interest of of authenticity i'm going to run half a season with palace before putting it up.

Not majorly different in fact should go better with them so i'm not anticipating any issues.

At work so should be up late tonight or more likely early tomorrow.

Currently on an 82 game unbeaten run in all comps and 52 in EPL.

I`m in 2020 with an almost complete squad of regens whom i purchased between 15-20 and are now world beaters.

I have been using your set of tactics from the start with great success in winning multiple EPL and CL titles along the way....keep it up :)

I think the secret to getting the very most out of the game lies right here.

Pick a tactic you like with some record of success, doesn't have to be one of mine, and build a dynasty around it over a number of years, picking up that 16 year old you know, with the right guidance, will become an absolute MONSTER in one of our roles.

Before you know it you have a team of 11 monsters you have built and we can all go on 82 game unbeaten runs and put 14.3 well and truly to the Sword.

In fact I think I'm going to do just that..... with Palace.

Archived