Silk & Steel - The Quickening......... exclusively for 14.3

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks, the tube v2 is working well most of the time with my Hartlepool team as we are usually underdogs but i got the Holland job and i am expected to dominate teams such as San Marino and Isreal so a good attacking back up would be nice.

**note - when using tube v2 against Man City and Man U my LCB and RCB seem to become brain dead when receiving the ball from GK, they just stand with ball until an opposition player comes and takes it and leads too a CCC, but this has only happened against these 2 teams, are they just so star struck at playing a big team they shut down? :eek:

Add Arsenal to the above aswell, i created 3 CCC's and 3 HC's they created 1 HC and win 4-0 :confused:

the tube v2 is very good defensively but hopeless as the favourites. I simply got rid of the sweeper and replaced him with an attacking advanced forward (using the tweaked AMC - DLF) and we're now scoring for fun and not conceding. This is with non-league Whitehawk. The brighton game with original tube is getting boring.... twenty straight wins.... think there must be a bug :)

I dont know if its just me but using tube v2 most of my goals and chances in the early games are coming from my wingbacks , both of them have 3 goals in 5 games my main striker has 1. Changed the two trequartista's to a dlf,s and a amc,a directly in line. Amc scoring for fun but dlf struggling, playing as liverpool brand new save as my career games are a long way down the line and thought it would be better to start a fresh with this formation, played 4 league games won 4 lost in carling cup to huddersfield but i did play the under 18's so was expected

Next up tho is the big test Chelsea away lol its quite a departure from the Mr U tactics i am used to using and not a formation type (ie 3 at the back ) that i have used in FM used it a lot in CM where i played a 3-1-4-2 which was stupidly good

Using Tube v2 with the DLF and AMC. I'm conceding a lot less than I was with original Tube but I just can't seem to score, only 24 goals in 25 games so far this season.

5Z9ad6c.png

EDIT:

So in an attempt to avoid relegation I switched back to S&S v2 with good results:

c2grHHj.png

Not too sure what to make of this but I'll be sticking to S&S til you release your new formation.

Mr U Rosler, in fact it was with the Tube V2, but I didn't had a strong squad. Was predicted 15th. But all the draws were achieved against teams predicted to finish higher up the league than us (Sheffield United and Peterborough away f.e.) and the easy games where I could use S&S v2 or Rainmaker v3 were coming up. But after I lost away to Shrewsbury (one of those typical games where you are the dominant side but they score 1 goal from 1 shot while we hit the post twice and the bar even 3 times) I got the message the board was unhappy and I had to promise a better result in the next match. (which eventually ended in that 1-1 draw away to Rochdale for the JPT) directly after that match I got the sack. Carlisle's chairman's a mad dog. :-)

Indeed, with S&S v2 you just need to remove "retain possesion" in the team-orders, for Rainmaker you just need to change the DMC from a regista to an anchorman. No need to change anything else.

Just maybe, when winning in the final 5 minutes with S&S v2, you can add "retain possesion" back in the team orders. (That's what Pipoli said me once, not at all my ideas, all credit to the lad of course)

Mr U Rosler just wanna say I bloody love The Tube v2, doing wonders for my already good West Ham team, loving the way the wingbacks play.

At one point this year I won 16 matches in a row, scoring for fun and not conceeding many as usual :)

In Jan had to sell my best striker and midfielder and still going strong in the league

Mr U Rosler just wanna say I bloody love The Tube v2, doing wonders for my already good West Ham team, loving the way the wingbacks play.

At one point this year I won 16 matches in a row, scoring for fun and not conceeding many as usual :)

In Jan had to sell my best striker and midfielder and still going strong in the league

Good to hear that mate, a couple of people on here were struggling with it. :thup:

Good to hear that mate, a couple of people on here were struggling with it. :thup:

I want to revise my estimate too. As I said in an earlier post I made tubev2 more attacking because I wasnt scoring but have used the AMC/DLF + SW version for underdog away games and its been very effective.... so now just waiting for the updates.

Crappy Whitehawk team in 8th place after 13 games and in the first round of the FA cup thanks to tubev2

yeh, wingbacks seem to get loads of chances with tube v2. how you getting on in terms of the second tactic?

Coming along nicely.

I've tweaked the wingbacks on the new tactics so they dont get on the end of quite as many chances, still get a lot of chances though. Moving forward with these tactics you will need wingbacks who can finish. Wide midfielders (attacking & Standard) are a good option for retraining.

By the way, if anybody knows the magic teamtalk required to get your team to push on when 3-0 up at half time please let me know. 9 times out of 10 nothing happens in the 2nd half and the games finish 3-0 when you are expecting to dish out a hammering.

Finished attacking tactic with Chelsea.

RPaG01Y.png

Pretty happy with that return. i think i said 90 points 90 goals was the target, although in the back of my mind 100 goals would have been nice. That team Chelsea would be easy to improve upfront for Season 2.

Just finishing the final defensive tactic with Palace.

Should be done by tomorrow.

great work, looking forward to it! you see it as a home and away thing? or moving to the attacking tactic only when favourite?

Favourite and underdog is a better way to look at it.

+ there will be a 3rd 'overdrive' tactic for when you have a good lead and want to crucify teams or you need a goal back fast.

Favourite and underdog is a better way to look at it.

+ there will be a 3rd 'overdrive' tactic for when you have a good lead and want to crucify teams or you need a goal back fast.

Looking forward to them all and the timing will be just right as I am 3 games away from finishing my season with Chelsea. I have a 6 point lead over Man Utd, but have really had to grind out results lately as the goals have dried up. Ba and Schuerlle had been scoring for fun but not recently.

By the way, if anybody knows the magic teamtalk required to get your team to push on when 3-0 up at half time please let me know. 9 times out of 10 nothing happens in the 2nd half and the games finish 3-0 when you are expecting to dish out a hammering.

I don't think that there is any :)

I have tried different approaches when game "is over" after 1st half, but usually nothing happens on the 2nd half, unless the opponent scores that is...

My latest match was a good example. We were leading 5-0 after first half, i choose the "i am very happy how things are going" option. Everyone has bodylanguage on green, so confident, calm etc. Still, match ended 5-0.

Looking forward to them all and the timing will be just right as I am 3 games away from finishing my season with Chelsea. I have a 6 point lead over Man Utd, but have really had to grind out results lately as the goals have dried up. Ba and Schuerlle had been scoring for fun but not recently.

Yeah, if i was to stay at Chelsea for a 2nd season I'd get rid of all the Chelsea strikers.

Ba is a decent back up but not good enough to start all games, torres was down graded post 14.3, Eto is moody and past his best, Willian more of an amc/mc, Schurlle not enough of an all round player for me.

Would like to see how Lukaku develops would play him and bring in some real quality.

Yeah, if i was to stay at Chelsea for a 2nd season I'd get rid of all the Chelsea strikers.

Ba is a decent back up but not good enough to start all games, torres was down graded post 14.3, Eto is moody and past his best, Willian more of an amc/mc, Schurlle not enough of an all round player for me.

Would like to see how Lukaku develops would play him and bring in some real quality.

Eto'o has played 18 league games for me so I have one more game I can play in him so that I don't trigger his contract for the next season, so he will be gone. Hopefully be able to offload Ba and Torres, although it's always difficult with Torres because of his wages. The plan is to go with Lukaku and bring in someone like Diego Costa for next season. I'm going to wait and see what your new formation(s) look like in the final versions before making any other plans for outgoing/incoming players.

Plugged in the tactic, after a poor start with the Quickening, but moved the sweeper into DC on cover, and then added Attack to one of the CMs. I've used my wingers as wing-backs, and we went unbeaten for the final 13 league games, winning the last 7 and winning the Europa League! Beat AC Milan 5-1 in the San Siro...

Hoping to finish higher than the 6th place I have managed in each of the last 3 seasons (was 5th before that). I really want a Champions League finish.

I have just eased any money worries for a couple of years, selling a striker for £45m + £10m after 10 league goal to Man Utd.

I don't think that there is any :)

I have tried different approaches when game "is over" after 1st half, but usually nothing happens on the 2nd half, unless the opponent scores that is...

My latest match was a good example. We were leading 5-0 after first half, i choose the "i am very happy how things are going" option. Everyone has bodylanguage on green, so confident, calm etc. Still, match ended 5-0.

I agree - Always find the same thing - I tend to think that not all green responses are good! I think the looking relaxed/happy/ etc response actually means they ease off too much in the second half. Almost always find that if it's been a particularly good first half, then it's nigh on impossible to get another good half out of them.

I agree - Always find the same thing - I tend to think that not all green responses are good! I think the looking relaxed/happy/ etc response actually means they ease off too much in the second half. Almost always find that if it's been a particularly good first half, then it's nigh on impossible to get another good half out of them.

Sometimes red respones is good indeed. For example, player is complacent or very near it, team talk / individual talk get red response "seemed to lose confidence" often sees the players body language to change from complacent to composed or prevent player turning complacent in the first place.

So I did one season using Tube v2 with 3 CBs (central one on cover), right CM on attack duty and AMC a + DLF s, we made the double (Serie A + TIM Cup) and lost in CL quarter finals against Real Madrid. This tactic is really tough. My keepers went unbeaten for 27 games (Bardi 25 and some portuguese regen 2).

After 2 away loss (Juve 4-1 : two much turnover after a win against Barcelona in CL and Atalanta 1-0 poor finishing)in the initial 10 games (central CB wasnt on cover duty at this time) I went unbeaten for the rest of the season in Serie A. Only two loss in CL at Camp Nou and Bernabeu (1-0 both) and 1 in Cup at Cesena.

Serie A Table

Fixture 1 Fixture 2

Just tell me if you wanna see something else about my season.

That was a success for me, thanks Mr U Rosler for sharing your incredible tactical knowledge.

Well 2-2 draw with chelsea was followed up by beating everton 3-0 arsenal2-1 and man city 2-1... Now formation is fluid seeing fewer goals for CWB's but the dlf is not what you would call prolific (but it is sturridge) 14 games 3 as sub 5 goals. AMC (suarez) 14 games 6 goals so not sure this is the right combo for the tube v2 everything gets very narrow and congested but i am 2nd so cant really complain.. Got Barbosa coming for next season but liverpool are very much a wip

I hope you guys realize that with these being my last tactics for FM14 i'm going to have to come up with some absolutely PREPOSTEROUS names for them.......... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Silky Steel Quickening Tube???

Not tonight dude, want to put it up in a new thread which takes a fair bit of work when i do the player roles etc

Despite desperately wanting the new tactics like many on here one of the things that originally drew me to your very first FM14 tactic was the attention to detail that you had placed on describing the tactic and the players required for the tactic to work.

Looking forward to the new thread, keep up the good work and all the best!

Despite desperately wanting the new tactics like many on here one of the things that originally drew me to your very first FM14 tactic was the attention to detail that you had placed on describing the tactic and the players required for the tactic to work.

Looking forward to the new thread, keep up the good work and all the best!

I'll be doing all of that, dont worry.

I'll be doing all of that, dont worry.

Excellent - is it the same "4 key attributes" approach? That's been a huge part of the enjoyment for me, using those attributes to build a successful team from players who don't neccesarily look like they should succeed at the given level.

Excellent - is it the same "4 key attributes" approach? That's been a huge part of the enjoyment for me, using those attributes to build a successful team from players who don't neccesarily look like they should succeed at the given level.

Yeah, definately

Archived