Good Staff: Endangered species as the game goes on?

Is it just my save or are good staff hard to find as the game progresses? I see the 4.5* - 5 * staff retiring and no new good staff regenerating or even the current staff do not develop as much. Shouldn't there be a bit more development in this part of the game?

My game is over flowing with good staff. Often ex players become really good staff too but you have to remember that they need time to develop and complete courses in order to get better.

My game is over flowing with good staff. Often ex players become really good staff too but you have to remember that they need time to develop and complete courses in order to get better.
this really, a few seasons into the game I often have an XI of former players (from the club im playing as) who are ready to make the step up just around the time when the first batch I hired during the first or secound session are ether retireing or asking for to much money during contract renewals

• 4 months later...

Just an update on my thread guys, I'm enjoying a long-term save , playing in 2030 now in the Premier League, and really struggling to find good staff, either regen or retired players. By good staff I mean at least 4.5*. Searching staff with good DDM (at least 15 on each), there are too few of them, and from them, their coaching attributes aren't near as good as staff at the start of the game. I'd like to know of other players' experience on this.

ps. I have huge database and players loaded with continental reputation from all continents.

I hope it's better in FM2015, but as it's now, average PA drops and drops as the years progress on both players and staff. The good thing is that this means your competition isn't getting any better. The bad thing is that you'll never have players like the ones at the beginning of the game.

Coaches will do well with good Determination, Level of Discipline and Motivating - absolutely key attributes for any coach there.

Worth noting that Motivating can develop as the coach ages. Think Determination and LoD are static.

Archived