Steaton's 'Invincible' 4-2-3-1 - Consistency - Balanced - 14.3.0 - Plug and Play

You can save the match file and link it or send me on email - but email not allowed on here so add me on steam. p.s. there is nothing you can do if you are becoming complacent and havent managed it right in team talks or if you buy and sell many players - tactics isnt the only element of the game - but that said it is 80% of it really but its not going to guarantee a win in all circumstances no matter what

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to see how other people who have probs are doing but as I cant start 20 single player games all at once my multiplayer takes precedence. Thats why I ask for your help in shaing save game file or match file so I can see.

I really want to see how other people who have probs are doing but as I cant start 20 single player games all at once and my multiplayer games take precedence I can't do that - still I know it would work for me in all my games so it would be pointless, same goes for my friends our tacts arent going to just stop working - I play the way I play - in FM I struggle when a new version comes at first and my first few games were a disaster - out but once you get it you know how to play and win - but I don't know what what happen if team talks, training, fitness management etc. were done differently - I dont get Invincibles every season in fact only twice so far in this version and not at all in 2011, 2012 or 2013 - always lost at least one and normally against ***** teams I really should beat :(

Here is a game I won with my new tactic against vanilla - same team - I replayed it like 10 time with new tactic winning every game. This one was 3-2.

Vanilla Tactic:

Capture_106_zpsc763b3bb.jpgCapture_107_zpsdd083f6b.jpg

New Tactic:

Capture_105_zps60cd7fcf.jpgCapture_108_zpsdc6eaafe.jpg

This is consistent in the way it works and goals no longer come from crosses. Will give more info soon and share tactic, but I will discontinue plugged and resilient I think in favour of this one. You will see that the chances generates are much closer to the goal and the scoring zones are a bit different than any other tactic I have seen as the is a short pass to the centre so the GK is not there to save it.

This is why they are more central using my new tactic soon to be posted:

Capture_109_zps78f334f2.jpgCapture_110_zps7e7857fb.jpg

Whereas this is the Vanialla way of scoring in the same game:

Capture_111_zps0e3b3f77.jpgCapture_112_zps2f57d8a1.jpgCapture_113_zps7e477ab8.jpg

Here are the match files for several of the games for you interest:

Plugged_New_3_-_2_Vanilla.pkm

Plugged_New_3_-_1_Vanilla.pkm

Plugged_New_4_-_3_Vanilla_PSG.pkm

Hi Steaton, I have been using your tactic since you first released it (im not sure what it was called then), is the vanilla version the same as the first one you released?

So far, I have won tow league titles with wolves and now about to start life in the PL, i dont really want to change it just now but I have the plugged version on stby so I will let you know how I get on.

Hi Steaton, I have been using your tactic since you first released it (im not sure what it was called then), is the vanilla version the same as the first one you released?

So far, I have won tow league titles with wolves and now about to start life in the PL, i dont really want to change it just now but I have the plugged version on stby so I will let you know how I get on.

Yes - thats still the best one - no change.

What are your training methods, i think this is really important, i have tried many different methods but nothing seems to work not just with your tactics but other ones as well

You will see my comments on training I posted in this forum earlier.

For me this is a tactics thread - I don't really see tactics and training all that much related except for the choice between attacking movement or defensive positioning and that also depends on the opposition.

But yes I find best training is a nice stable average on:

- Team Setting

- Individual and

- Match Prep

- with Rest B4 and After on (though occasionally turn off B4 for a training boost)

I think this tactic may bias to defensive positioning.

I use individual role primarily rather than specific attribute - though if near a stat boost a short push for an attribute can get the +1.

If you cant be bothered looking back this my comments on trianing above.

Vanilla won on versus against another very good tactic (thanks for the game):

Capture_114_zps1e4e8bee.jpgCapture_116_zpse27364e0.jpg

Liverpool Results:

Capture_115_zpsa2f3ceec.jpgCapture_120_zps24a479a4.jpg

I tried my new tactic during this game but it didnt shine so had to switch to Vanilla to get the result - again reason for winning was as usual more of the shots are taken in the danger zone. What I'm thinking is that my new tactic will not be versatile if it doesnt make use of this zone and instead scored from the centre - that will reduce consistency - so I guess I'll have to fix that.

Reminder - My theroy is that its all about getting shots from the danger zones:

Capture_058_zps76b98107.jpg

What I did like was the oppositions use of contain mentality to get the ball passing back and around rather than always forward passes - I think this could be used in increase creativity.

FINALLY FOUND THE DEFENSIVE HOLE

With a simple change Vanilla v Vanilla with Hold Position on DCs, the following result is repeatable and it only a very small tweak:

Capture_126_zps134d087a.jpg

So why was this happening had to check into it to make sure it wasn't just chance:

Here you see Varane the DC on Defend is way out of position, and that this ultimately leads to a goal as follows:

step1_zpsc75809e9.jpg

step2_zps05075b78.jpg

Here you can see the impact it has on the abilty to get shots in from the danger zone:

Capture_125_zps29c88a9c.jpgCapture_128_zpse2187db1.jpg

So I think I have finally plugged the hole correctly without messing up the rest of the tactic - testing is needed of course but it looks good - finally plugging the gap - before in my other attempt I was changing too many things and upsetting the balance. Soon I will find a way to turn this into a cheat tactic and it will spoil the game for me :( (though you can counter this tactic easily or any other tactic by putting hold position on your DCs - this wont be specific to my tactic will be a general issue with the match engine - have fun tweaking your own tactics to make them more solid :) - hopefully SI can tweak the match engine so this isnt so overpowered.

If you take a look at the goal scored by the vanilla tactic you will see that it is fairly central - this is because varane was in the way of Neymar/Moutinho who had to pass it to his right into the centre for rodriguez to finish to rather than scoring himeself directly from the danger zone. This kind of shot has a higher probability of being saved or intercepted compared to the shot straight from the side which as we have seen is a far more dangerous position and it requires that you have that player available to pass to, hence why there were so many fewer shots made by vanilla compared to tweaked.

Capture_129_zpsefe0abb6.jpg

Here the ball was threded through from 11 thorough to 8 then to 10 to shoot for the goal - you can see thats pretty lucky.

Yeah I know that both must be CD Cover, short passing and hold position (remove tight marking).

Even with that tweak, the tactic suffers from the same problem every tactic without DM does in this ME; one of central defenders steps up to close down incoming opponent, thus leaving a pocket of space behind which is easily exploited.

Starting to get a bit too much tactics in this thread, original, vanilla, plug the hole, plug the hole tweaked, then talk of cheat tactics!

What is the best tactic to use or is there another one going to be released?

If I am right then:

Vanilla = Original

Vanilla Tweaked = Vanilla + better defense

Plug the hole tweaked = better version of plug the hole

But perhaps Steaton can update the startpost when he is satisfied with his new tactics.

Even with that tweak, the tactic suffers from the same problem every tactic without DM does in this ME; one of central defenders steps up to close down incoming opponent, thus leaving a pocket of space behind which is easily exploited.

I'd love to use a DM and set him to half back, if I had 12 players I would definately use the extra one to do just that :)

No.

Steaton made some defensive tweaks to the Vanilla version.

If English is hard to understand, then you better wait untill he post the new version.

And we can understand you very well, by the way :thup:

Looking for some feedback from you guys using this tactic - if you cant be bothered doing wtire up yourself please share you save game and I will do it.

I want to start a new save but i'm waiting for the new version.. if you need feedback I can start now with the vanilla version, ok?

Just played a match with your vanilla tactic but with the tweaked defenders. The result is pretty insane; especially because of the fact it was against Man U who are third in the league (2 points behind the number 2 Chelsea).

9km77k.png

As you can see I not only won the game 3-0, Man U got 7 shots but only 1 on target..

2n08zfl.png

My (arsenal) shots are above, Man U shots are below

294oun5.png

I guess this tactic finally plugged the hole

Lol this is really getting interesting :p second match (FA cup final) wolves vs arsenal (neutral ground)... 1-2 although still very very dominant play by Arsenal:

2ry4ps3.png

5 vs 20 shots

2 vs 6 on target

3 vs 7 not on target

0 vs 1 ccc

and my shots (Arsenal) below:

abjygy.png

and the shots Wolves had (11th in premier league btw):

2cpwzft.png

Both DCs on Cover, Hold Poiition and Short Passing. Remove Tight Marking. This will improve your defence a lot.

Should drop deeper be removed too? To have both DC's on cover and drop deeper I feel the team may be playing a bit too deep

a0ar.png

This tactic Rules!!! Made the defensive tweaks as posted and on fire, yes i know i have played nobody any good, but you can only beat what's infront of you. I have trained the tactic hard, General Training is tactics set high and Match training is tactics also. Used my squad and played only players 90% + fitness.

Pretty good results, but annoying that 80% of shots go off target with this coz of the angel the IF's finish from.

By setting the AP to support and the IF's to attack I get a bit fewer shots, but atleast they are at target.

Edit: ops sorry dbl post.

Hi Steaton and co - just wanted to give you a bit of feedback on this. First time i used this was with a Pompey save i had on the go. When i plugged it in i made some edits to it in order to suit my team - initially it started off strong but then it trailed off particularly at home and find that going forward we were very poor. Any how, started a new save with my beloved NUFC and thought id give it another go this team literally plugging it in and keeping exactly as you specified with only changes being the advised defensive ones re. switch CB to cover. 10 games into the season and i'm unbeaten winning 9 out of 10 with only a draw at home to City (to be fair also we battered them) blemishing my record. Notable results have been 3-2 win away to Arsenal and destroying Everton 4-0 at Goodinson.

Defensively this has been fantastic - i think i've only conceded 4 in the league all season. Away from home this also works very well and while not always achieving results like those against Everton and Arsenal, we've had solid away wins at Palace and Stoke. Couple of things i did want to pick your brains at and see if you or anyone else could advise. The IF have been largely very good with Gouffran and Sissoko performing very well with HBA destroying it as AP but I'm having issues with the forwards though - i've got De Jong, Cisse and Remy as forward choices and if i'm honest all are struggling to hit a cow's a*se from three yards. De Jong is probably the best of a bad bunch with three goals so far but all of them are bringing in some very average performances. I'm reluctant to do too much tinkering with the formation as i don't want to ruin a bad thing but i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

In my mind the poacher setting should be best as it allows the IF to bring the ball into the box with poachers picking up rebounds, tap ins, crossers etc but at the moment they just seem to be either anonymous in the box or they are trying ridiculous efforts from outside the area. Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone advise anything to get more out of the strikers?

Overall though, excellent tactic which has got me enjoying FM14 again!

My game with Bolton, have in mind that Bolton is a penniless club, had to sell almost all good players since my team has a huge debt, Bolton was about to be relegated when they did contract me as their manager, first season i managed to avoid relegation. Second season now, with almost all players from sub21 team, was really struggling to win a match, was 18th position but along came Steaton's Invincible:

Fixtures: (fisrt match i lost to Stoke, it's normal ´cos the game gives a familiarity penalty everytime you change your tactic and it last for 3 or 5 matches and of course Stoke is the best team in the league)

BoltonWanderers_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsaa156894.png

Finances (look at the debt,i have reduced it 16M euros, was 86M, i sold like 4 or 5 really good players :()

Bolton_BoardroomFinances_zps615f8ea5.png

My Team ( Eagles is my best player now):

BoltonWanderers_TacticsOverview_zpseb14d62c.png

League Table:

SkyBetChampionship_OverviewStages_zps79b0db30.png

Match Stats:

BoltonvLeeds_StatsMatchStats_zps4efee9e4.png

PeterboroughvBolton_StatsMatchStats_zpscab7e533.png

BoltonvWatford_StatsMatchStats_zpse9fd311a.png

I am using this with Derby first season. Implemented the changes above regarding DC.

Well, surely i'm predicted 15th , but i do concede a lot of silly goals. Very inconsistent play and so on. Yes, it is just in the beginning of the season but not what i expected....

screenshots of all matches so far:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241854284

Change both DC to cover. Hold position and pass short...

a0ar.png

This tactic Rules!!! Made the defensive tweaks as posted and on fire, yes i know i have played nobody any good, but you can only beat what's infront of you. I have trained the tactic hard, General Training is tactics set high and Match training is tactics also. Used my squad and played only players 90% + fitness.

Can you upload yu're tweaked please ? Im French and i don't understand you're tweaked. Thank's a lot

Archived