How do I get Wilfried Bony to score?

So I've my team set up as follows:

2m5m2c1.jpg

Question: What would be the best role for Bony? He's a DLF (S) with player instructions - Shoot more often, more direct passes.

He's scored all of 3 goals (1 of them a penalty, and another was a rebound) in 27 games this season, which is terrible. Is there anything that stands out as being conflicting instructions?

He has taken only 46 shots and has got 16 of them on target and has scored 3 goals. His passing percentage is 72% (476/656), crossing percentage is 0% (0/14).

Rest of the team are doing ok, particularly the defence, conceded only 19 goals in 22 games in the PL

The first thing I would suggest would be changing him from a DLF to something more advanced (maybe start with an AF, but I'm not sure of his stats at the moment). A DLF will drift further into midfield and will then be further from the goal, instantly decreasing the number of good chances he will get. That would explain his relatively low "on target" ratio, as I'm guessing most of his chances from from outside the penalty box (I know this is similar to the real-life Bony, but I think the ME isn't quite suited to this type of shot at the moment).

I'm not sure about Bony's stats without looking, but if his poor passing and crossing is related to his attributes rather than the space/pressure/positioning etc., putting him as a more advanced forward for instance would mean he needs to perform less passing and crossing relative to a DLF, who would be expected to provide assists more than goals.

My reasoning for having him as a DLF (S) is because I want Michu with (A), and having both on (A) might mean they might get in each others way without actually passing the ball between them. I didn't want a TM (S) as I think a targetman isn't suited to the way Swansea play and I didn't want CF (S) because I don't think Bony is good enough for that, although I suppose it would be worth a go having him as CF (S)

Have you thought about changing Hernadez to an inside forward attack? His runs into the box could create space for Bony to exploit? Not saying that will work but it night be worth a shot.

Also, i remember reading on here (from Cleon i think) that a Regista only really works if he is the only man in the Def Mid area. A Deep Lying Forward on Support might be better.

Bony is fantastic as a CF, played him there, although with the amc on support, netted me 26 goals in the PL! Another point, you only have one player in the front four on attacking mentality, I would maybe put the winger on attack to increase the goalscoring threat your team offers..

My first and only impression is this: for the number of "specialized roles" you have in your tactic, you probably should change your fluidity to "rigid", because you're asking all those specialized roles to change to a more generic/flexible role. And for having an attacking mentality, it seems like you're short...an attacker. I don't know what your player instructions are like, but I just don't see a lot of "forward movement". With Bony as a DLF-S, and the AM-A, it would seem he's going to end up passing to the AM-A. But of course, I could be totally wrong, I just like dropping through tactics to spur discussion.

In a couple of different saves, i have had Bony be sucessfull coming from deeper - He is a great SS. Maybe even reverse him and Michu. Or what i actually did, was have him and Michu both as SS and be "strikerless" but that might be a bit radical.

The biggest issue i had with him across 2 saves was keeping fit, he seemed to pick up quite a few injuries.

Other than that, in your set up im not sure DLF(s) with 2 wingers is really going to work. Wingers will look to cross, and although Michu might arrive late, the set up might mean Bony isnt in the box to get on the end of the crosses?

I would swap your full backs support roles and switch your winger to attack to offer a variety of attacking options down both flanks. However as for Bony like suggested to get him to score more or at least have more chances would be to to play him more advanced however that'd mean as you've said swapping Michu's role.

On a side not i would have thought Michu would be perfect player playing as the Shadow Striker off of a lone man.

As a DLF(S) Bony will drop deeper, receive the ball and try to pass the ball to someone else. If you want him to score, I think you should put him on a more attacking role (as Marabak said). Then there are 2 main ways to let him score goals:

1. Crosses from your wingers/upcoming back.

2. Through ball from Michu(Maybe change Michu to a support role (advanced playmaker(s), attacking midfielder(s)) and Hernandez also to winger (s).

Thanks guys!

Incorporated a few changes,

Team fluidity - Balanced -> Going from fluid to rigid would be too much of a change

AMR - Is now AP (A)

ST - Is not CF (S)

AMC - Now has Get further forward instruction

Archived