Real Life Coach Meets Football Manager 2014

smp20

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantastic progress with Dunfermline! Congratulations on all well deserved success!

Marc-Oliver Kempf is a great youngster with big potential I can guarantee you - (I´m an Eintracht Frankfurt supporter and I know this guy quite well) he wont disappoint you :)

How´s Lewes doing btw?

Cheers - I'm hoping Kempf fulfils his potential but he's 22 already so he may not quite reach it.

Lewes finished 16th in the Conference last season and are even worse so far this year in 22nd :eek:

150px-Dunfermline_Athletic_FC_logo.svg.png

January 2018 - Transfers

2014-03-18_1348_zps83fb4eb0.png

Stephen Hendrie - Left back has been a problem area so far this season so Hendrie has come in to plug that gap.

Danny Wilson - Former FM wonderkid who has been around a bit. It's time he settled down into a role and team.

Ben Griffiths - Young target man who is labelled the new Geoff Hurst.

Stole Dimitrievski - Fraser is aging and future starlet Hislop has been injured so we needed a bit of refreshing between the sticks.

Owain Owen - So much potential he was named twice...though his parents could never decide on a spelling...

Alen Kristo found himself starting a new life in South Korea after a surprise £1m bid from Pohang Steelers was accepted.

Dunfermline the Giant Killers

2014-03-18_1640_zpsa6b74df9.png

2014-03-18_1640_001_zps0aa929a0.png

Since the signings of Hendrie, Wilson and Dimitrievski we've been a lot more solid at the back conceding a maximum of 1 goal a game in the league. This time we are the leaders and not the chasers heading towards the championship play-offs.

2014-03-18_1641_zpsda96b17f.png

I have just one word - BUZZING! To knock-out the holders and the favourites is some feat. Check out the Spurs game at White Hart Lane - we managed to get two late goals to win the tie despite having our captain sent off :eek:. The Man City game at home was just as special where Herron made himself hero with two goals and we put together the best defensive performance I've seen. The ties haven't been kind, in fact it looks more like a Champions League run, but bring it on Inter you're next. Celtic are also through to the QF where they will face Red Star Belgrade.

Hope you can do it!

Cheers just got in from watching Cambridge get 3 points :). I've played on a bit from this already, so next update will be the full season in an hour or two.

Dunfermline 2017/18 Latter Stages

2014-03-19_0002_zps1cf40d49.png

2014-03-19_0003_zps59188128.png

A rare defeat against Celtic, a team we had beaten in 6 competitive games in a row, gave them a slight chance of the title but we managed to maintain good form and clinched the title at Celtic Park in the penultimate game. In our two seasons in the SPL we have shown we can chase down the favourites and also hold on to pole position and there's no better feeling than retaining the title. Its a feat achieved by only 4 clubs - Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibernian (many, many years ago). We may have finished 3 points worse off in comparison to last season, but of course we have always had one eye on our European campaign.

2014-03-19_0007_zpscf669da7.png

Speaking of European campaigns we were on an amazing one! Inter rolled over and let us punish them at the Giuseppe Meazza and we set out to defend back in Scotland and it's safe to say it was mission accomplished. Only Standard Liege stood in our way to the final and yet again we were extremely solid at the back and took the chances that came our way. Incredibly it will be an all Scottish final as we face Celtic who beat Genk, Rubin, Red Star and Wolfsburg with an outstanding clean sheet record. The final is being played in the Ernst-Happel Stadion, Vienna.

wien-stadion.jpg

(Very) Goodnight Vienna!

2014-03-19_0044_zpsfe7642c5.png

2014-03-19_0045_zps36f2ee9c.png

2014-03-19_0052_zps145fdac8.png2014-03-19_0052_001_zps332c6554.png

2014-03-19_0057_zps2c7c93a5.png

2014-03-19_0054_zpsb6b8f7a8.png

Not too much to say other than :eek::D:D:D. We have become the first ever Scottish team to ever win the Europa League. We had luck on our side but I could not care less, the trophy is our and we're going to parade it around the whole country!

ParsvFalkirkChampionspresentation(11).jpg

WOW! Simply wow! Impressive stuff youre delivering there!

Especially the 3-1 win at Inter! You rule Scotland now :)

Next season you surely will do much better in the CL!

Lets see who you will bring in for next year!

Hows your old club doing?

Cheers I'm having a great career so far! I'm at the stage where I may think about moving on, but to who and what kind of job? Wouldn't mind doing a Fergie but with a different club. Lewes clawed out of the relegation zone and finished 18th.

Which jobs are there on offer for you? (I would of course recommend Eintracht Frankfurt :D)

How is Kempf doing? Could you post his stats for last season maybe?

Would be great if you can recommend Lewes or Dunfermline as a feeder club for your future club and it gets accepted :)

I need to hang out in this section of the forum more. Really interesting read and incredible successes. :eek:

Cheers Analog, welcome aboard :)

Which jobs are there on offer for you? (I would of course recommend Eintracht Frankfurt :D)

How is Kempf doing? Could you post his stats for last season maybe?

Would be great if you can recommend Lewes or Dunfermline as a feeder club for your future club and it gets accepted :)

At the moment I have leagues loaded in Scotland, England, MLS and Australia - unlike yourself I can only speak English...but I'm rich now so I can afford the best private tutors so I may add a few leagues :p. In terms of job offers, I've had a few championship sides offer me job offers but decided to stay put after the board agreed to my every wish of increasing the youth setup and buying out our stadium. I'd only leave for a big club I reckon now.

Kempf has been developing nicely and here are his stats - he wasn't great in the league but was very good in Europe. Had a few offers from Premier League sides but not going to sell unless its a very good offer (£7.5m+).

Just caught up with this. Some great work with Lewes but moving to Scotland has just been something else. Fantastic stuff. :thup:

Thanks Kris, never knew I'd have so much fun in Scotland :D

Dunfermline Transfers July 2018

2014-03-19_1216_zpsedeab184.png

Unless I manage to find myself a great deal, I can't see there being many more players coming in. I don't want to unsettle a squad that have just won the Europa League. Rory McKenzie joins us from league rivals Rangers and will become our first choice left winger who I suppose will act more like an inside forward. David fon Williams had a good season at Partick despite them being utterly awful and he's touted as the next Ashley Williams so I thought he was worth a punt. The signing of Stephen Hendrie is not much of a surprise as he performed well for us on loan last season and Ashley Richards replaces Darnell Fisher in the squad who is off to Sheff Utd for £1m after a disappointing campaign. Our last signing is one I am very, very excited about:

2014-03-19_0554_zps5f572e2f.png

Our marque signing joins us from the wonderful Crewe academy and is dubbed the new Michael Owen. He was League One's top scorer last season with 21 goals in 39 games and he looks like he has the potential to actually become the next big thing - I've even brought in the Michael Owen to the coaching staff! What do you think of him? He will be partnering Ben Griffiths up front who also has a great label of being dubbed the new Geoff Hurst.

The Legacy: Developing the Facilities and Youth Setup

2014-03-19_0558_zpsa598bdae.png

Thanks for posting Kempf´s stats :)

Good to see you stay and build a legacy at Dunfermline. Looks like a great partnership for the future.

David King looks class at 18, maybe he can work on his composure that would make him clearly one of the best to come in the league.

And Owen coaching his successor :thup:

Just on the bus to work but i thought id announce my latest signing -nathaniel chalobah! What a catch for us.

With regards to kings development i will be putting him on heavy complete forward training until hes 21 then i will hone in on a few areas for 3 month cycles.

2014-03-19_1853_zps226c02f3.png

Nat Chalobah in all his glory - I've just got to decide where to play him, either as a pacey centre back or all round defensive midfielder.

Dunfermline Aug-Oct 2018 Update

2014-03-20_0913_zps7985ed05.png

A very good start to the season with just one problem in the league - too many draws against lesser opposition. However there are some great moments in there too. A 2-0 away win against Celtic, 5-0 demolition of Dinamo and of course the 3-1 Super Cup victory over Barca!! It was a full strength side too, check out the screenshot below.

2014-03-20_0916_zps088201d0.png

League Tables

2014-03-20_0913_001_zpsda0b248e.png

2014-03-20_0914_zps53772349.png

Both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd have had incredible starts to the season but I am very confident of being able to catch them. Elsewhere Celtic have had a poor start by their standards but I'd expect them to pick up some form soon. Rangers, well, they're just not a big club anymore (but were able to beat us :(). in Europe we still have a chance of stealing the 2nd place from AC Milan and at worst finish 3rd to play in the Europa League.

Been offered a job interview from Everton (£27.5m transfer budget and £1.2m spare wage) but the Dunfermline board havehttp://gyazo.com/d9d0a9cc7b1c34fb33c5c3b7331ca9ce convinced me to stay.

Here's Kadlec - not entirely sure how he's established himself as a Barca first teamer but fair play to him.

Been offered a job interview from Everton (£27.5m transfer budget and £1.2m spare wage) but the Dunfermline board havehttp://gyazo.com/d9d0a9cc7b1c34fb33c5c3b7331ca9ce convinced me to stay.

Here's Kadlec - not entirely sure how he's established himself as a Barca first teamer but fair play to him.

Thanks for the Kadlec screen - shouldve stayed at Eintracht, there he wouldve been guaranteed first team football:cool:

Good decision to stay again. Youre already better than Everton!

Dunfermline Nov-Dec 2018 Update

2014-03-20_1211_zps539a2c62.png

2014-03-20_1212_zpsa0072d0d.png

2014-03-20_1211_001_zps87c8654f.png

We've had a bit of the blip over the last couple of months - we had 3 losses in a row and 4 draws in a row. Nevertheless, we are still just 3 points off top spot, currently held by Aberdeen. We've also managed to get through to the round of 16 in the Champions League where I will come head-to-head with Mourinho's Chelsea. Celtic also managed to sneak through and will face the holders Barca.

2014-03-20_1146_zpsfd7105e0.png

2014-03-20_1215_zps041735f4.png

Above is our current first 11 and I think it's going pretty well. We've had a few injury problems on the wings and I feel we could do with some more quality there so I am making signing a new winger a priority. I'm also looking to offload Nuhiu and bring in another young TM, while Standing is leaving for £2.6m to Huddersfield after constantly moaning about first team football.

Thanks for the Kadlec screen - shouldve stayed at Eintracht, there he wouldve been guaranteed first team football:cool:

Good decision to stay again. Youre already better than Everton!

To be fair, Kadlec has been getting around 30 games a season (50% as sub) and is on £50k-a-week so he probably feels he made the right choice :p

Certainly not better on paper than Everton, but I definitely want to stick around to see how far I can get the club. Malky Mackay took over at Everton and has taken them into the relegation zone...

Dunfermline January 2019 Update

2014-03-20_1331_zpsec01492b.png

Candido is the first of 3 big signings for the club and joins us on a free having spent his career at Santos Laguna. He's a real talent and will become first choice left winger.

2014-03-20_1311_zps945b2e37.png

Pollerbeck joins us on loan from Bayern to play as TM giving competition for Griffiths. Scored 17 goals for Betis on loan last season.

2014-03-20_1418_zpsad596149.png

Our biggest name signing is the Ox on loan from Man City! We're paying 20% of his wages but also £100k a month and I hope he can be the difference for us in the Champions League and SPL. Shame he's been a bit-part player his career as I've seen him become world class before.

2014-03-20_1420_zps41212269.png

2014-03-20_1421_zps2e162320.png

A reasonable month though we dropped points in the easiest two games on paper. Our defence fell asleep vs St Mirren and Dundee seem to be our bogey team.

2014-03-20_1538_001_zps2029351b.png

2014-03-20_1538_zps86440729.png

Damn it! Chelsea beat us convincingly and its looking very unlikely that we will be progressing any further in the Champions League. Dundee Utd also threw us out the League Cup too so we just need to make sure we win the SPL. Unfortunately in the win against Celtic David King picked up a 6 week injury :(

Just caught up with all this, sensational work at Dunfermline! Especially so considering the stature of the club at the start of the game, floundering in League 1 and suffering financial problems. I love the regen face pack, it makes them seem more real rather just generated faces, would probably encourage me to continue playing seasons more than I normally do.

Just caught up with all this, sensational work at Dunfermline! Especially so considering the stature of the club at the start of the game, floundering in League 1 and suffering financial problems. I love the regen face pack, it makes them seem more real rather just generated faces, would probably encourage me to continue playing seasons more than I normally do.

Cheers, I took them over in the championship when I added the Scottish leagues but its been a ride since then. I like the faces too, occasionally you get some that are doubles but all the regen faces look the same anyway!

Have the exploits in Europe done much for Scotland's coefficient?

Here's the co-efficients for next season. In my first campaign I had to go from the 2nd Qualifying Round of the CL, so we've gone up at least 8 places :).

Can't believe you've gotten to 200 Dunfermline games already. Seems like you've been there barely a week.

Yeah I've been playing a little too much as I've been enjoying it and can't help myself :p

Dunfermline March-May 2019 Update

2014-03-20_2157_zpsf3871f76.png

2014-03-20_2158_zpse5a88c8f.png

It's the first time I've bothered with posting my intake but the constant upgrades to a world class standard and a top class HOYD in Wim Jonk seems to have paid off. We have a top class prospect in Bannantyne and check out his height, 6'9'' at 15 years old :eek:. Some other youngsters who could become good squad players too.

2014-03-21_0012_zps81cb5af1.png

2014-03-21_0013_zpsb7da0296.png

We managed to win the 2nd leg at Stamford Bridge but it wasn't enough to see us through. With just the league to concentrate on we blitzed everyone in our path and won it with 4 games to go. Unfortunately it seemed complacency crept in against Celtic, otherwise we would have won every game in the last 3 months.

The Liverpool job became available and I applied for it. Not even an interview - reckon I'm going to be at least a couple more seasons here at Dunfermline. Time to build a dynasty.

Celtic 3rd :D

Congrats on the title!

Cheers. Haha, yes the days that the SPL was dominated by Celtic and Rangers is no more. Aberdeen always looked favourites for 2nd place under the guidance of Alan 'Anger Management' Pardew.

Dunfermline 2019 Summer Update

2014-03-21_0315_zps0624aac2.png

By far our best looking best 11 yet - all the first team had 7.00+ (apart from a 6.99 but we'll let that slip :brock:). David King was the Fans Player of the Season after he rammed in goal after goal - hoping for more of the same.

Transfers Out

2014-03-21_1105_zps329f5ac2.png

Only two free's out of note - Jenkins and Wotherspoon who just aren't at the team's level anymore. Then the shock sales - Chalobah back to Chelsea :eek:. Stupidly I had a clause in his contract that meant he could leave to foreign clubs for £4.3m...didn't really want to see him go :(. Mourinho hadn't finished yet as he swooped in for Bossaerts for a price of £10m, which I was much happier about. This meant I would need to spend the summer scouring the world for replacements.

Transfers In

2014-03-21_1104_zps77f03601.png

Casey Forster-Caskey - After signing for Spurs 3 seasons ago, he spent his whole time back on loan to us and when he returned to Spurs at the end of May he was transfer listed :confused:. He's an absolute bargain and we know exactly what we're getting with him, we also got 40% of the transfers deal as well. Just to show how much he has developed, here's his screenshot when he first arrived at the club.

Stanley Lacazette - Stoke were relegated from the Premier League and I found this guy transferred by request. At just 18, he had a good season at Stoke despite them being awful and he's recently been capped by France. Potential wonderkid in the making.

Jiri Jarolim - The direct replacement for Chalobah, lets hope he can perform to the same level. Still plenty of room for development and he's already got 4 caps for his native Czech Republic.

Francesco Scicchitino - Another 18 year old who I was drawn to by his 5* potential rating and his 6'8'' stature giving us another TM option. Scored 10 in 34 for Serie A Genoa last season.

Ryan Gauld - we're now dwindling in first team Scottish talent so I needed to find some more. Gauld is about as good as it comes for current Scottish international players and he even took a pay cut to join us. Our quality on the wings is top class now.

Dunfermline August 2019 Update

2014-03-21_1436_zps5fcb8b30.png

A perfect start to our SPL campaign, zero goals conceded! Gauld has been inspirational so far with 5 goals in 5 games. We've made two more additions to the squad both on free transfers - Rhys McCabe and Andrew Robertson. I still felt we needed more Scottish influence and these two have the ability and versatility to be very useful squad players.

Got some great talent coming in, especially Jarolim and Lacazette

Yes really happy with the blend of the squad now and Lacazette for me could become world class!

Just got in from my mates from a mammoth FM, beer, sport relief and zombie film session. Big update to come!

Dunfermline Sep 2019 - Jan 2020 Update

2014-03-22_0435_zpscb321b70.png

2014-03-22_0412_zpsbc9b70bf.png

We've been tearing up the league and are just 4 points off a perfect record. Solid at the back and dangerous going forward = lethal combination. Hopefully we can keep it up!

2014-03-22_0436_zps57c285ac.png

2014-03-22_0436_001_zps14db915e.png

To put it bluntly, we were brilliant in the Champions League and we really ripped some higher rep teams apart. Arsenal got the better of us at the Emirates but could simply not cope with our constant barrage of deliveries into the box in the home game. We topped the group and we face Sevilla in the round of 16, which going on our form against similarly ranked sides is certainly winnable.

In other news, I decided to turn down a job offer from Southampton. I'm having a great season here at Dunfermline and I want to see how it pans out whereas Southampton had been poor and were in a relegation scrap. I also forgot to mention that I loaded up La Liga and Bundesliga as I'd love to manage a few sides in those leagues.

Dunfermline - Champions in February!

2014-03-22_1428_zps74e94f8d.png

2014-03-22_1429_zpsa9aae58d.png

Can't remember ever winning a league title in February before (luck on our side as it was the 29th and other teams have been appalling). A loss away to Sevilla is not the end of the world considering we got an away goal - all to play for at East End Park. We're now aiming to beat Celtic's 103 points tally from the 2001/02 season (33-4-1) which will be tough and require no slip ups.

Dunfermline: Road to the Champions League Final

2014-03-22_1748_zpsc72770d5.png

2014-03-22_1750_zps4d761fbd.png

2014-03-22_1751_zpsafb657b3.png

A great season for us domestically. We unfortunately gave away our unbeaten season in the 93rd minute away to Celtic and a collapse at Hearts meant we couldn't better Celtic's 01/02 record but to win the league by 32 points makes me very happy :). To top it off, we have reached the Cup final. Oh and here's my youth intake with one real starlet in David Farrell.

2014-03-22_1749_zps289683b2.png

Now to the exciting part! We overturn our deficit to Sevilla by annihilating them at home 7-1, showing Europe exactly what we can do. A narrow extra time victory over Bayern side followed who to my delight did not look like the side they once were. The City games were scrappy affairs and we relied on our defence to get us out of trouble yet again but we did it! Man Utd beat Barca in the semis so we will face them in the final at.....Old Trafford. Its all against us, last time we visited there we lost 6-0!

2014-03-22_1752_zps505d6268.png

Now here's the annoying/tricky bit. I've been offered the Liverpool job which is one I really want to take on. But I can only delay for a week rather than until the end of the season :rolleyes:. This will take me to the day before the Champions League final and there's no way I am leaving then. I'm not sure if I will be allowed to delay for another week so it will be annoying to lose out on the job due to a technicality.

That's a bit of a bummer, I guess you will just have to hope they accept another delay, really it shouldn't/wouldn't be a problem because the club would expect you to stay at your current club and join them after the CL final but in this game it's probably hard to put that consideration in.

That's a bit of a bummer, I guess you will just have to hope they accept another delay, really it shouldn't/wouldn't be a problem because the club would expect you to stay at your current club and join them after the CL final but in this game it's probably hard to put that consideration in.

Crisis over, Liverpool agree to another delay :D

Archived