All goalkeepers away on international duty during Premiership match

Title says it all really. Playing a league game on 21/3/2015 and Cech/Courtois are both away on national duty, they are not friendlies so I have no option to recall I don't think. My only other senior goalkeeper is on loan (and injured anyway).

Is there really nothing I can do about this? Putting one of my 16 yr olds in goal is gonna be suicidal.

Yeah, me 2. But I read that it had returned, no clue where the option is though. Seems crazy that the game puts you in a position to have no GK when that never happens IRL however.

And Have more faith in your youngsters. :)

You should try managing in the MLS. Ill go weeks without having a keeper (and 7/8 of my first team) due to international call ups. My little greyed out friends somehow keep doing the business though!

Seems like a bad case of fixture congestion forcing a match into an international window. Or do you have odd nationality players who play outside these windows?

And also while we're at it, I'll add my tale of woe. Managing Santos, going into the Libertadores final against Chivas of Mexico. Copa America hits, sending most of my squad away. That would affect most of the top sides in South America, right? Right! But not Mexico, who only send an U23 team. Chivas promptly went out and absolutely pummelled me.

This must be a complete ball breaker to fix otherwise it would have been sorted a long time ago.

I never seem get a response on SI for this problem and have been raising it for years and I don't see it raised generally that often here so I've kind of learned to shrug it off. It especially bites for U19/U20/U21 International players, and mainly as the season in ends (May time) it seems to me and as I like young squads I've been bitten bit in the arse on this too often over the years.

I think the problem has improved though, and luckily it is rare, as in one version a few years ago I was losing players to youth internationals for a UEFA Europa League Final! I don't notice that happening anymore but have just had to play the 2nd Leg of the domestic Croatian Cup Final without a few of my first team squad because they were away on some pointless international youth game I couldn't pull them out of.

• Administrators
This must be a complete ball breaker to fix otherwise it would have been sorted a long time ago.

I never seem get a response on SI for this problem and have been raising it for years and I don't see it raised generally that often here so I've kind of learned to shrug it off. It especially bites for U19/U20/U21 International players, and mainly as the season in ends (May time) it seems to me and as I like young squads I've been bitten bit in the arse on this too often over the years.

I think the problem has improved though, and luckily it is rare, as in one version a few years ago I was losing players to youth internationals for a UEFA Europa League Final! I don't notice that happening anymore but have just had to play the 2nd Leg of the domestic Croatian Cup Final without a few of my first team squad because they were away on some pointless international youth game I couldn't pull them out of.

It's never the same problem that carries over from each game, simply because for every single version the international and domestic calenders change IRL. Very often it's due to fixture congestion - to the OP what season did this happen? What matches were they called up for? Was it say friendlies, specific type of qualifying matches, the Olympics etc? Was an editor file used at all.

I've seen similar to that problem on FM13. Half of the Quater-Finals French League Cup games were scheduled for the November international week. (PSG vs Monaco and Montpellier vs Lyon). Felt a bit sorry for them really, the other half, including us, were the following week.

It's never the same problem that carries over from each game, simply because for every single version the international and domestic calenders change IRL. Very often it's due to fixture congestion - to the OP what season did this happen? What matches were they called up for? Was it say friendlies, specific type of qualifying matches, the Olympics etc? Was an editor file used at all.

Date is in my initial post (second season), they were qualifiers for the European Championships. It was very odd actually, as the international games actually took place on the 27th (six days later) so I've no idea why they were called up so early. Only four players were called up at this time, with a load of others called up a few days later (as you'd expect). No editor files of any kind used.

Archived