Help with USA NCAA Update

paulgerty

I've uploaded a FM14 version of my USA with NCAA update in the hope that someone can help me identify and eliminate the problem causing a crash dump.

I've uploaded both an XML and DBC version (both identical, xml is of course much bigger but perhaps problem is somewhere in the xml code).

All data for this update was created from scratch using the FM14 editor. As you will see there are no failed changes.

For those who are not aware, in the game, teams in the USA do not get an intake of youth players like in other countries. Teams in the PDL (called ADL or American Developmental League in the game) get youth players, some of whom will then be drafted by MLS teams. In real life, most players drafted are from NCAA college soccer. My file aims to replicate this by moving PDL teams to newly created competitions and putting NCAA teams in the old ADL comps. Anyone familiar with my FM13 file will know this worked.

This year something is wrong and I can't figure it out.

If you load the USA in view-only mode, it will work ok.

If you start a new game without the USA, then once you are playing add the USA as a playable nation, NCAA teams will not generate any new players, no matter how long the game is played.

If you start a new game with the USA as playable, the game will crash during setup.

So obviously the issue is being caused by the NCAA teams, if I take them out of the old ADL competitions the game loads, but this defeats the purpose of having NCAA teams generate players for the MLS Superdraft.

I have tried removing age limits and contract types in case this was causing a conflict, but this didn't help.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Paul

First, thanks for the great work, I´m trying it in view mode and it looks awesome. Really like the exhibition tournaments, nice touch. Looking forward you can fix it. Of course, I´ll give it a look over the weekend and I´ll try to help. By the way, I really enjoyed the FM13 version.

Cheers.

I don't know if this is your problem or not Paul, but I've found that crashes with the advanced editor come from competition format the game can't handle. I was having trouble with recreating the NPSL South Central Division. When I went with a basic (although not authentic) format it went fine.

I don't know if this is your problem or not Paul, but I've found that crashes with the advanced editor come from competition format the game can't handle. I was having trouble with recreating the NPSL South Central Division. When I went with a basic (although not authentic) format it went fine.

Well the issue here is not the editor I believe rather the game itself as I am able to test the rules in the editor ok. The problem is getting the NCAA teams into the PDL and loading it in the game as a playable league. I've tried various combinations of removing all advanced rules etc and still no luck.

I've even tried adding the base NCAA file (i.e. just teams in ADL divisions) and tried adding that to a brand new USA file, with new nation rules. Oddly those teams still have greyed out squads when they should have at least some players. Obviously something in my development has resulted in the teams being unable to get players, and I'd love to know why.

• 4 weeks later...

hey paul new update had come out with couple editor fixes was wondering if you have tried your usa file see if its sorted your problem out?

was wondering is u have a updated version u could share with me :)

• 1 month later...

Archived