PH71's Cool Runnings Challenge

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all over!!!!!

I just had possibly the most rediculous World Cup bad luck I have ever seen.

In the week following me selecting my squad, 5 players got injured (can't be replaced) and my most promising player retired aged 19 after one match!!!!

Anyway, here are the results

BAHRAIN 0-3 Chile

BAHRAIN 2-0 South Africa

BAHRAIN 1-3 Croatia

I finished 3rd in the group, 1 point of second. I'm pleased with the victory over SA but the highlight of the campaign was scoring against Croatia and only conceding 3 :D.

I will definately carry on on this game, even though I've failed the challenge.

Unlucky with the last minute equaliser Mikael but at least you're still on for top spot in the group and a trip to South Africa.

EDIT - Saw all your screens after posting this! Well done on making the World Cup. Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

The remainder of the Gold Cup saw us dispatch

Cuba

and

Guatemala

Which sent us into the final with Mexico, where we were outclassed, but still a Runner Up spot is always welcome.

Out wonderful run to the final sent us shooting up the ranking to a new high of 49th.

What are potentially my final matches of the challenge should be reported tomorrow, only 5 games stand between us and South Africa.

Boosted by our finishing as Runner Up in the Gold Cup, we went about finishing World Cup Qualification.

With 5 games left we were bottom of the table and that had to change.

Costa Rica

Cuba

Mexico

Canada

USA

The wins against Canada and America meant the final group finished like this.

As you can see Panama are going to the World Cup!!!

Stage 1 of the challenge complete.

We have also risen to our new highest ranking of 37th!

Paul - Just a suggestion but it might be nice in your OP to separate out those who got past Stage 1 /2 3 etc of the challenge. That way at people can see easily what stage everyone is at and at what stage people failed. :)

That's quite a good idea, would make it easier to see how people are getting on at a glance.

Also, is that a definitive list of countries?

Well good luck in the World Cup Razer:thup:

Did you draw your group yet?

Mikael: you never know, you might finish second in the group. You can beat Ghana and Costa Rica:p

And Toronto FC is getting a gazillion players on one-match loan from USL clubs...

based on the fact that i love the film Cool Runnings, coupled with International management being a bit different and it being a failry short-term challenge, i'm going to have a bash at this challenge.

will decide who i'm going to be soon and will post screenies once i have decided. i think it'll probably be a european team mind.

with regards to Serbia & Montenegro having competed in World Cup 2006, are we allowed to play as Serbia or Montenegro now they have split and are seperate nations?? if ok, i might do it as Montenegro........ if not, i can pick someone else.

with regards to Serbia & Montenegro having competed in World Cup 2006, are we allowed to play as Serbia or Montenegro now they have split and are seperate nations?? if ok, i might do it as Montenegro........ if not, i can pick someone else.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Serbia was allowed as a managable country so I don't see why you couldn't choose Montenegro.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Serbia was allowed as a managable country so I don't see why you couldn't choose Montenegro.

was it???? must have missed that... did scan through whole thing as well... never mind. cheers for that.:thup:

Well up next came USA. I knew this would be a tough match.

09102008203013ko7.jpg

I lost but I think USA was a tad too tough an opponent for us to secure a win. I will now look forward to the European Championships in 2012 and WC2014.

Its official. I really really really hate double salvo goals. SI - fix it in FM09. :(

Archived