Sports Interactive Community

I have one sniffing around at the moment. Ed Woodward has been considering his options during the off-season, and his status now says, 'In the process of a Board takeover." Has anyone had a tycoon take over your club, or at least had strong rumours doing the rounds about one sniffing about. It's making me think of various outcomes, from being sacked by the new owner, to getting a rather large financial injection.

It happened to me twice when a new owner took over. Save it now, save a backup now and if they replace you, reload and replay until they don't replace you.

I survived the takeover, but the new owner had to be persuaded to keep me on as manager. If a manager irl got booted out by a new owner, after winning 5 EPL titles, 4 UCL trophies, 3 FA Cups, 3 Capital One Cups, 3 CWC's, 3 UEFA Super Cups & 4 Charity Shields, in just over 5 seasons, which I've achieved on this save, the new owners would be run out of the club by the fans in mass protests. FC United would have gathered a few million new fans overnight if that happened. It was a nervous time for me, playing games while all the talks were happening, not knowing if I was going to have a job at the end of the next match. I sat there looking at the screen seeing that we had broken the run of winning League games, 17 wins straight in the EPL, whilst looking at the screen showing, '25 Trophies' won, in a touch over five seasons. If they were gonna boot me out, after what the club had achieved under my tenure, I think Santa would have faced the axe next...

Yeah, I hear ya, I got booted by new owners once after winning a boat load of trophies. It happens. I wish I had saved it just before it happened... Now when I see the scree for a board take over I always save just in case.

A tycoon just took over my Monza save, in Italian Serie A, put 418 million euro in the coffers! Some random from Qatar. I didn't get sacked (fortunately)!

Wow! How much of that went into the transfer budget?

Over half, it says I have 267 mill budget for the new season 2020-21. The thing is, my strategy in this game is to not buy many players, only to develop talent and sell that if they are not performing.

34o3qfa.jpg

Parma and some other teams were kicking for this guy, so i caved and bought him. He's worth 7.5 million now after one season, so I guess it wasn't bad. But I will use him this season as cover for two first class D C's.