Gibraltar Challenge

As SI have released an official download for the Gibraltar League would anyone be interested in something like this? The ultimate aims would be to win the CL with a club from Gibraltar and win the world cup with Gibraltar. Just thought I'd gauge some interest before creating an opening post as I won't bother if no one's interested. :D Think I'll be having a go at this myself though.

Im sure someone will try it im currenty at youth challenge but if I fail I would happy to try it :)

Ps. Lol it wasnt long :D I got saced after 2 matches in new season <more info in Ri youth challenge> Can I get link to download league ?:D

I wonder how it works since Gibraltar got only 8 proffesional clubs and all of them play on 1 stadium

They don't have any Professional clubs, they have 20 clubs, 8 in the Premier League, and 12 in the second division. And yes every game is played at the 5000 capacity Victoria stadium :D.

Is it even posible to make there club to turn proffesional i mean profits from league and everything i guess are like nothing ;p Without proffesional i dont think they let you earn anythign to upgreat a club :D?

Is it even posible to make there club to turn proffesional i mean profits from league and everything i guess are like nothing ;p Without proffesional i dont think they let you earn anythign to upgreat a club :D?

Qualifying for the Europa / Champions League should allow that to happen.

Fingers corssed anyway.

Not a big fan of playing as an amateur club because anyone can just nick your players, but i'll give it a go.

I just started as the best team in the country, Lincoln FC. Came 1st season 1 with 12 wins and 2 draws :D. Then we managed to beat an Andorran side in the CL before being destroyed by Sparta Prague 6-0 in Prague, only to go and get a 1-1 draw at home :eek:. Couldn't really ask for a better start, just a shame that I'm only going to be playing a handful of games a season that mean anything for a good few years :D. I'm playing Youth Only as well just to add a bit of extra fun!

After the CL escapade we banked close to £500k, so I'm hoping we'll be semi pro soonish. Got a good batch of youths as well.

Thats so funny bro i lost my right winger then next day i bring him back :D I guess in Gibraltar you can get all players you want only Lincol guys are hard to take on . Im after 3 Frindly matches all won :D

Final pre season game done. I battered Lynx 1-0 - i had 18 shots to their 2.

Now to sign half a dozen players before the season starts so i can actually have substitutes.

I just started as the best team in the country, Lincoln FC. Came 1st season 1 with 12 wins and 2 draws :D. Then we managed to beat an Andorran side in the CL before being destroyed by Sparta Prague 6-0 in Prague, only to go and get a 1-1 draw at home :eek:. Couldn't really ask for a better start, just a shame that I'm only going to be playing a handful of games a season that mean anything for a good few years :D. I'm playing Youth Only as well just to add a bit of extra fun!

After the CL escapade we banked close to £500k, so I'm hoping we'll be semi pro soonish. Got a good batch of youths as well.

Any chance of you sharing your signings or did you sign regens ?

Any chance of you sharing your signings or did you sign regens ?

He's doing youth only so I assume he hasn't signed anyone (might be wrong). This challenge may be my next one after I have completed the Eur-Anglo Youth Challenge with Bury Town, hopefully not too far away now!

He's doing youth only so I assume he hasn't signed anyone (might be wrong). This challenge may be my next one after I have completed the Eur-Anglo Youth Challenge with Bury Town, hopefully not too far away now!

What this guy said, not signing anyone. Although I have a feeling you'll struggle to improve your squad much with signings if you're Lincoln as they already have a pretty awesome squad. Had no issues with players being stolen either, guess it's down to having a superior reputation.

yRZ6wU3.png

I won the league easily in the end, and I'm actually a little disappointed I didn't win all of my games. Unfortunately I didn't win the Division 2 League Cup and I got knocked out of the Rock Cup in the 2nd Round against Lincoln.

I just won 3 trophies in country as Lincoln FC and won first round in CL vs HB from Faroe Islands next one is BATE so im down for sure ... But got offert to play friendlies with Besiktas , M.Hajfa and Napoli every single match let me earn 40k . Also get few youth prospects looking good so far

In my 2nd season I won all three trophies. Now I'm looking forward to my first Champions League campaign.

vSwW7d4.png

The first step of many I must take on my journey to worldwide domination.

My First European Campaign

So we started off in the First Qualifying Phase, which we were drawn against Welsh team Bangor City. We were the better team over both legs, but couldn't make our dominance shown. We still managed to win the home leg 1-0, and we drew 1-1 in the away leg, meaning we went through 2-1 on aggregate. In the Second Qualifying Phase we drew Lithuania's Ekranas, winning the home leg 3-2 and then the away leg 2-1, making it 5-3 on aggregate. Then we got drawn with big boys (compared to us) Sparta Prague from the Czech Republic. Of course we were no match for them, but I was disappointed to bow out 13-0 (thirteen) on aggregate. So comes the end of our Champions League run for the 2015-16 season.

But I then got told I was in the draw for the Europa League Playoff, where we've drawn another big team, in comparison to us, Holland's AZ. Unfortunately I feel another hammering coming.

With our European exploits, we managed to rack up over £750k, including a lot of gate reciepts from the home game against Prague, where we managed to pack the new Europa Point Stadium with 10,000 fans. Using this money, we're upgrading the training and youth facilities, costing us just under £200k.

Have you gone pro yet or are you still amateur ?

I'm still amateur at the minute. I'm hoping that may change at the end of this season. I certainly want to go Pro fairly soon.

I ended up losing 8-0 on aggregate to AZ, but the prize money and £150k+ gate receipts from the home leg, rose our balance to over £1m.

Cheers.

I'm currently 4th after 9 games in the Second Division with Britannia XI. Won 6, drawn 2 and somehow managed to lose one i dominated against Cannons who are top by four points. Pretty sure i can reign them in and go up.

I'm top scorers in the league by a couple of goals but struggle to keep clean sheets.

Cheers.

I'm currently 4th after 9 games in the Second Division with Britannia XI. Won 6, drawn 2 and somehow managed to lose one i dominated against Cannons who are top by four points. Pretty sure i can reign them in and go up.

I'm top scorers in the league by a couple of goals but struggle to keep clean sheets.

I also struggle to keep clean sheets, so I figured I'd just try score more than the other team. :)

DVmNcNP.png

And with that win, we've won everyting possible, apart from that pesky Division 2 League Cup. I hope I don't get the chance to win it though.

Did anyone become semi-pro at least? I played 4 seasons and even biggest team "Lincoln" is still amateur, they participate in CL every season, adn have like $2.5kk at balance i suppose. I got only 400k at balance, since i started in second div.

I'm tempted to start this one, although I think a bit more experimentation is needed before I start it seriously. I usually despise proper lower league amateur management, so this will be distinctly out of my comfort zone.

I holidayed the database until 2030. Lincoln were the only professional team, and there were 2 semi-professional teams. 4-5 teams estimated value was above 2m euros and the national team was still at N/A position.

When did Lincoin turn semi-pro?

The national team have n/a position because they didn't join fifa.

Anyone else having problems with the size of squad? Every season I have to cut a whole load of players from the squad, as you're only allowed 35 players. At the moment I'm culling pretty much anyone over 25, but it's still not enough, and I'll probably lose some quality.

I'm so tempted to try this challenge. I have a good save going with Queen's Park in Scotland where I'm in the SPL but a chance to try and build a club up from scratch, I'm up for that!

Lincoln seem to be the easy team to be but Boca Juniors (Gib) appeal to me.

Think I'm in a position to give a bit of a round-up of my attempt so far. I intend on starting a career thread with more detail, so just a quick update here.

I started as Lincoln, as given my usual hate of amateur clubs, and my not being able to get into FM14 so far, I wanted an easy ride to start with. My intention was to play a youth-related game. I, at first, wasn't going to rule out signing anyone, and in fact made a few signings in my first season, but with Lincoln having easily the best squad in the country, I didn't really need to do much, and there wasn't a massive amount of talent out there that could really improve me. So now I'm making it youth-only, with the possibility of signing in good youths if they catch my eye.

I didn't start brilliantly, losing the Pepe Reyes Cup (Community Shield/Super Cup clone I think). I recovered though, got my tactics nailed, and went on to win the league cup, the Rock Cup, and the league, with a W12-D2 record. Happy with that, but of course, the real test is in Europe.

The second season started early as we faced Welsh side TNS in the first qualifying round for the Champions League. Not a great draw, but we gave a good account of ourselves. We lost 1-0 at home, and looked like we would get pummelled back in Wales (or England, are TNS the club that are actually in England?). We fought hard though, and ended up losing 3-2. Encouraging though. The rest of the season we strolled, picking up the domestic clean sweep of all four trophies.

Third season we intended to improve on our performance and make it into the 2nd qualifying round. We did just that with two professional wins against Kalju of Estonia. Unfortunately, we then drew BATE Borisov in the next round. They beat us 7-1. Twice. A 14-2 aggregate defeat was not what we wanted, but after the first leg, it was already over anyway. All that was left was to try another domestic clean-sweep, but unfortunately Hound Dogs stunned us with a 4-3 win in the Rock Cup Quarter Final. Devastating result, and one the players won't be allowed to forget. The other three trophies remained with us.

Season four saw us face Shirak of Armenia, which I thought was a pretty good draw. Unfortunately, seems they thought the same, cruising to a 6-3 aggregate win. We cruised the rest of the season though, even by our standards. We lost two games, both in the league, in the remainder of the season, winning every single other game. Another domestic clean sweep.

So here we are in season five. I've not finished it, but I have started it. Two bits of good news hit us before the qualifiers as we were informed that we had turned semi-pro, and that we would be seeded in the qualifier draws. Two massive bits of news for our future, but how would it affect us in the draw? Pretty well at first, as we battered B36 of the Faroe Islands 4-0 in the second leg, following a 1-1 draw at home. Unfortunately, Neftci of Azerbaijan faced us in the next round. The first leg was immensely frustrating - we fought from a goal down to go 2-1 up, then 3-2 up with minutes to go. We should have closed it out, but a corner flashed in in the last minute, and it was headed home to make it 3-3. Absolutely awful, crushing goal. They now had three away goals, and we would have to go out and score away from home in the second leg to go through. They battered us 3-0 as we set up to go forward, and once again we're out.

The future does look bright though. We're hovering around the 1.5million mark in terms of cash balance, and we've just turned semi-pro. I should be able to get away with keeping most of the players on amateur contracts, as none of them seem remotely interested in leaving the club. Makes sense given we're far and away the best team in the country. I've also persauded the board to increase both the junior coaching, and the youth facilities. The future is bright, and I'm hoping that within 10 years, we're in a position to touch the hallowed Champions League group stages.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived