Do some players want to move on because your winning to much?

Just happened to me on my game. My reserve goalkeeper has said that he's achieved everything at my club and wants a new challenge (we haven't been anywhere near as successful as the OP's team but we did win the Champions League and Bundesliga double last season -- my first trophies since taking over). I'm quite happy to let him move on but like the OP my conversation gave me the option to promise further success to him, which didn't really work.

If they're "ambitious" and think they're not being challenged, yes, they'll ask to make a move. It's hard to keep top-level talent in Scotland because they'll go to a English Championship team for the chance of moving up to the Premier. Most times, I get what I can for them and let them go, kind of like an unofficial feeder club for all of England.

If they're "ambitious" and think they're not being challenged, yes, they'll ask to make a move. It's hard to keep top-level talent in Scotland because they'll go to a English Championship team for the chance of moving up to the Premier. Most times, I get what I can for them and let them go, kind of like an unofficial feeder club for all of England.

I'm managing Barcelona and the club is at the top of every rating and on a 3 season we won everything, La Liga, Champ, World Club and the various Cups, so I really don't think they can get anymore of a challenge anywhere else.

... so I really don't think they can get anymore of a challenge anywhere else.

Have them try to kick a football out of a frozen crater on a pitch somewhere north of Glasgow in January while being pelted with hail.

I had this problem with Danny Rose. He said he wanted a new challenge, which given our success (3 league titles, 2 Champions Leagues in 5 years) was understandable. I can't remember the details of the chat but it ended with him saying he'll leave if we don't win the league. We did win the league, and have got to the CL final again, but the very next day he asked to leave, claiming I hadn't kept my promise to increase the stature of the club. Strange. Seems like a bug if I'm being honest.

If the player isn't a first team regular it's probably about a new challenge personally rather than about the club. If they are going to be stuck as a rotation/backup player it's probably best to sell them on.

Don't players also have league and country preferences? Maybe you player has an ambition to play in a different country or a league that has a higher reputation. Premiership vs BundesLiga, for example.

Archived