Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

A much better and needed improvement with the match engine. Players actually look like they have some intelligence during open play and I even managed a HUGE 6 matches without conceding a goal from a corner. First touch issues have calmed down too with me only seeing 1 moment where it crept back in (hopefully this was just a rare occasion). Even the goalkeepers look human.

Very good work SI and I already feel a love for the game again now that the old issues have been resolved.

What issues specifically are causing you problems?

Well, I informed about this issue in early November and it's under review since then. I'm quite surprised is still not fixed, considering that makes certain leagues partially/completely unplayable.

I hope it will be fixed with a possible mini-update along with the one reported by magicmastermind.

Back three defenses get spread WAY too wide. Ends up as two FB's and one CB. Kinda crushed my 3-5-2 dreams after seeing some of the screenshots. :p

GH1C7Wc.jpg

With respect, I did so before the recent update.

Has anyone anywhere ever seen a penalty miss the target?

Thanks Jimbo. We are aware that penalties are currently too accurate, though it's been a difficult issue to address. Apologies.

Back three defenses get spread WAY too wide. Ends up as two FB's and one CB. Kinda crushed my 3-5-2 dreams after seeing some of the screenshots. :p

GH1C7Wc.jpg

Put the wingbacks into FB positions, then change their role to 'wingbacks'.

Sorts out the CB problem.

had a few crash dumps playing online that i rarely have...

started a new game with a friend and the first one was right in the middle of my 1st press conference.

started a new game again... and after the first game played in the league, another crash dump.

Thanks Jimbo. We are aware that penalties are currently too accurate, though it's been a difficult issue to address. Apologies.

No prob. Thanks for the response.

Put the wingbacks into FB positions, then change their role to 'wingbacks'.

Sorts out the CB problem.

I don't think you understand, this is a picture of a 3-4-3 defense, and what happens to the back three during the game. Look at the space where the striker is receiving the ball. They are so wide that it's currently too dangerous to play any formations with 3 CB and no wingbacks.

GH1C7Wc.jpg

I don't think you understand, this is a picture of a 3-4-3 defense, and what happens to the back three during the game. Look at the space where the striker is receiving the ball. They are so wide that it's currently too dangerous to play any formations with 3 CB and no wingbacks.

GH1C7Wc.jpg

You said before you were trying to get a 3-5-2. I had the same problems, however by playing a flat 5 with 3cb's and two full backs set to wingbacks. They still get forward, and get wide which then gets the 3 cb's to stay a lot narrower together. I really reccomend trying it.

I then have two CM's with a D.

Then an AMC a targetman and an AF.

http://postimg.org/image/41u21nnvv/087493db/

http://imageshack.com/a/img607/8629/ewvm.png

I've still noticed an issue with not all available jobs actually making their way to the job centre. I have to find the specific club and apply for the available job from their club page. This was an issue that had been raised by myself and others in the bugs forum and I was told it was a "known issue."

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/384170-Not-all-available-jobs-showing-up-in-the-job-centre

Definitely an issue for those who enjoy journeyman saves and don't want to hunt through 100s of individuals club pages to see if they're available or not.

Changes take far too long to happen. I made a tactical change on 30 mins. The ball went out 6 times and it still wasn't showing as being made. In the 36th minute they scored. Why does it take so long to implement a change.

Its happening again. I made a change 3 mins ago. The ball has been out of play 4 times since. Why hasn't it done the change?!

Edit - 5 times

Played a little bit and so far my impressions are:

- Better player intelligence/logic.

- Outswinging corners doesn't cross the line all the time.

- More logical bidding, by the AI, when they really want a player. Comes back with significantly improved/adjusted offer.

- Camera behind goal still not having the correct focus (3D view).

Nothing too much yet, but those are the little things i've noticed so far. So far, so good.

Its happening again. I made a change 3 mins ago. The ball has been out of play 4 times since. Why hasn't it done the change?!

Edit - 5 times

3 mins is quite reasonable. Even 6 mins is okay. Changes IRL aren't implemented immediately either. If it's a tactical change, it takes a while for all your players to get the message and implement it. Subs need to warm up etc

I love wide play in this ME. Wingers cross when it is on, but when they're closed by 2 players, they look for passing options backwards/sideways.

3 mins is quite reasonable. Even 6 mins is okay. Changes IRL aren't implemented immediately either. If it's a tactical change, it takes a while for all your players to get the message and implement it. Subs need to warm up etc

Even just changing a player role? I thought the idea of the new tactical system was to be more authentic and more 'football speak'? Shouting to a player to change from being a winger to a defensive winger shouldn't take 6 mins to implement.

It's just so frustrating seeing a problem and having to wait 6-7 minutes after you've solved it for it to be implemented. Especially if they score in the mean time.

Even just changing a player role? I thought the idea of the new tactical system was to be more authentic and more 'football speak'? Shouting to a player to change from being a winger to a defensive winger shouldn't take 6 mins to implement.

It's just so frustrating seeing a problem and having to wait 6-7 minutes after you've solved it for it to be implemented. Especially if they score in the mean time.

If you have some truly unrealistic waiting times for your changes take effect, then it is always worth uploading a PKM to the bugs forum.

You'll need to note when exactly your change was made, what the change was and the time it was applied. (Edit: What would also help is how many times the ball went out of play and where. Sideline etc.)

I queried the length of time it takes for subs to come on specifically. I was told that it shouldn't take longer than about 5 minutes.

I would suggest that if you find examples of waiting times longer than that, to upload it please. :thup:

Will do. As I'm replying I've been waiting 6 mins for my sub to take effect. I want to change the style of my passing now as well so I suppose that will be another 6 mins of game time wasted. Not good.

Edit - asked for 2 subs in 64th min. Came on in 72nd.

Edit again - Requested my 3rd and final sub. The next time the ball went out (30 seconds later) the sub was made!

I notice the option to mutually terminate the contracts of your staff when you first take over has gone. This might just be an FM Classic issue though. I started new saves on both the full game and Classic tonight. On the full one, I was happy with all my existing staff, so never tried it. Loaded up a Chelmsford save on Classic, and want to punt the awful AM but that option is no longer there. I can simply 'terminate' the contract as I could before, but I'm sure this will cost a lot more cash.

I notice the option to mutually terminate the contracts of your staff when you first take over has gone. This might just be an FM Classic issue though. I started new saves on both the full game and Classic tonight. On the full one, I was happy with all my existing staff, so never tried it. Loaded up a Chelmsford save on Classic, and want to punt the awful AM but that option is no longer there. I can simply 'terminate' the contract as I could before, but I'm sure this will cost a lot more cash.

I just restarted my save (full version), and you can still offer mutual terminations. :)

The german transfer situation is still terrible, no player based in africa will negotiate with a german club for no good reason. The transfer preferences should not effect user teams at all

Is he on non-contract terms?

I haven't been able to play the game since the new update. I keep getting the error "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Football Manager 2014." Anyone has a workaround?

Couple of the old glitches here and there but this is, you have to say, a vast improvement.

This again, although this update achieves something else, which is to highlight exactly how horrendous the previous one was and how totally unacceptable that is. I could barely bring myself to play the game between Christmas and March, so glaringly broken was the match engine, and that is not something I'm happy at having paid full whack for. Well done on the update but I hope there's no shortage of feedback along the lines that to squander 3 or so months on a hopeless beta is offensive to customers.

I haven't been able to play the game since the new update. I keep getting the error "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Football Manager 2014." Anyone has a workaround?

Just try restarting steam or leaving it 10 minutes

This again, although this update achieves something else, which is to highlight exactly how horrendous the previous one was and how totally unacceptable that is. I could barely bring myself to play the game between Christmas and March, so glaringly broken was the match engine, and that is not something I'm happy at having paid full whack for. Well done on the update but I hope there's no shortage of feedback along the lines that to squander 3 or so months on a hopeless beta is offensive to customers.

Funnilly enough, I think the best version of FM14 prior to 14.3 was the first pre-release beta, and it seemed to go downhill from there!

As for increased international manager sackings. Roberto Martinez failed to take England to the 2034 World Cup and yet is still in a job. I've yet to see one international manager be sacked in all of the years I've played this save, which is why I haven't actually got to try it yet myself.

Martinez's England also was knocked in the 2nd Round of the last Euros and also in the 2nd Round of the last World Cup

RE: Scotland and South American players.

In the editor, it is set that there will be no transfer activity between Scotland and Brazil (national transfer preferences), and no transfer activity between Scotland and South America (continental transfer preferences). So if you have started a game, I would hazard there is nothing you can do about this. For future reference, you should change this yourself before starting a game. Changing to a value of -2 will change the setting from 'none' to 'limited'. Values between 1-20 range from low to extremely high.

This is certainly not the answer you want, sorry it is not of use for your current game. But I hope this clears things up, and helps you in future =}.

Yeah as sporadicsmiles said, it's editor set by the researchers, so if you feel it's unrealistic, it'd be worth changing it before you start a game.

Regardless of the figures in real life this should have never been included imo. The lowest should be "Limited" unless it's somehow made dynamic. As other have said getting their Scottish club to World Class rep, UCL regular and having the SPL in the top 10 leagues should mean more South Americans willing to join. Whereas now, no matter what we do we can't sign them. Then as soon as they move to the MLS or Mexico they are dead keen to join us. Really stupid.

I know it can be changed manually, but that doesn't help me and my long term save. I just hope SI avoid using "None" in the future, unless it's made dynamic.

Will do. As I'm replying I've been waiting 6 mins for my sub to take effect. I want to change the style of my passing now as well so I suppose that will be another 6 mins of game time wasted. Not good.

Edit - asked for 2 subs in 64th min. Came on in 72nd.

Edit again - Requested my 3rd and final sub. The next time the ball went out (30 seconds later) the sub was made!

I often see my players shorten their passes soon after I shout the instruction maybe it greens out once they've all got the message.

(Hope this is the right place to post)

There's something I noticed after this patch today. It's pretty minor, but it's just a bit of an annoyance.

ha1q258l.jpg

I like having a lot of coaches to be able to cover everything, especially youth and reserve managers and whatnot. The patch seemed to make teams (at least in England) unable to add managers.

Italy doesn't seem to be affected by the patch (judging by 1 team only), they obviously allow no reserve manager or assistant because there is no league for their reserves, but their u19 staff numbers seems to be unchanged. Spain doesn't look to be affected at all either, although I'm basing that on 1 team I checked, also.

England however, I've checked a few various Premier League teams and they all have the same results, 0 allowed u21 and u18 head coaches/managers (and u21 staff). Also, the Chelsea screenshot is from a game that is only in August 2013, the only staff members I have increased are scouts.

I do play with a lot of editor data files, but I've been using most of those since FM14 came out, and all of them previous to today's patch.

Also, "Advised" is a bit misleading for that column. Advised would make it seem like you should only have X amount of a certain type of staff member, but it doesn't really care if you have more, I feel it should be labeled something else, like "Allowed."

Sorry if this has already been brought up.

Found a major bug in the ME. John O´Shea just scored a screamer of a bicycle kick. Top corner from 16 yards. Waiting for the next patch.

After the new patch, after the first continue, when i right click the players it shows like this when i move the mouse over.

4SqxAiA.jpg

clearing cache, restarting steam, restarting FM all doesn't help.

That's an issue with your skin. If you use one of the default skins it won't do that.

Wow, is it me or are the graphics really improved? They're actually HD now, feels like I'm playing FM 2015.

Minor thing but Jack Butland and Connor Wickham should be on loan at Leeds. :)

Both those loans happened in Feb from what I can see, the OP does state that moves after the end of January may not be included (nothing to stop you adding these with the editor yourself though)

On behalf of everyone at Sports Interactive I’m proud to announce the release of the Winter Transfer Data Update, 14.3.0.

When starting a new game you will now be given an option to start with one of two databases, the default database (14.0) or the Winter Update (14.3). Included are all the latest transfers and updated squads, so for example, if you want to see if you can best Moyes with Mata at Manchester United, now is your chance! The data is compatible with new saves only on both full Football Manager and Football Manager Classic.

Also included within the update are a number of other changes and fixes to the game and the match engine which are save game compatible. So if you're in no rush to use the latest data you're fine to continue on with your current save. A changelist showing the majority of these changes is listed below.

To update you will need to close the game down and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.

Upon launching the game you will see the updated version number of 14.3 in the bottom right hand corner of the Start Screen.

If your version still hasn’t updated we suggest again restarting Steam and if that still doesn’t work, try verifying your game cache as explained here in our FAQ -http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

Please remember as with all data updates, short-term loans are not included, and some late transfers/managerial changes or those conducted after February 1st 2014 may not be included.

For any feedback please feel free to leave it in our 14.3 Feedback Thread found here – http://community.sigames.com/showthr...EEDBACK-THREAD

The changelist includes but is not limited to the changes below.

Thanks.

From:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386142-Football-Manager-2014-Update-14.3.0-Winter-Transfer-Update-RELEASED

Found a major bug in the ME. John O´Shea just scored a screamer of a bicycle kick. Top corner from 16 yards. Waiting for the next patch.

Hahaha! Classic!

Regardless of the figures in real life this should have never been included imo. The lowest should be "Limited" unless it's somehow made dynamic. As other have said getting their Scottish club to World Class rep, UCL regular and having the SPL in the top 10 leagues should mean more South Americans willing to join. Whereas now, no matter what we do we can't sign them. Then as soon as they move to the MLS or Mexico they are dead keen to join us. Really stupid.

I know it can be changed manually, but that doesn't help me and my long term save. I just hope SI avoid using "None" in the future, unless it's made dynamic.

I agree with making these preferences more dynamic. It is something I will be logging as bug/feature for future versions.

Tactic familiarity still buggy... load my save game notice tactic familiarity is full then click continue and found closing down, passing and marking became awkward.

Happy with the other improvement so far though. Good job!

Its happening again. I made a change 3 mins ago. The ball has been out of play 4 times since. Why hasn't it

Edit - 5 times

We are aware of a possible issue where tactical changes may not be made as quickly as they ought to be when the ball goes out for a throw in. When play is stopped for a goal kick or corner the change should definitely take effect. Thanks for raising this.

I can't use new custom editor data (pre-game editor). Loaded the new database, made changes, saved my file in 'editor data'. Then started a new save game, chose my file but there's nothing changed ingame. Has anyone the same problem?

I'm quoting part of the reply I made in the Pre-Game Editor bug forum:

To me this seems like quite a bug, and I hope that someone at SI can work to resolve the issue.

+1

This year I have spent more time reading the bugs forum then actually playing the game. Just to illustrate my point.

Playing time FM 2012= 1049 hours

Playing time FM 2013= 83 hours

Playing time FM 2014= 53 hours

The results are a bit of a mystery to me. I just got smoked by Southampton and it makes not sense at all. They beat me at home 0-4. We were better pretty much across the board and lost like that. I played the same game again and still same result it was like 0-3. Tactics are the same as I used in my old save before 13.0. I did make one change as I got Pastore and either he is pants or Inside Forwards are just really bad in this game altogether. Players like Lamela and Pastore seem to be out of sorts in this game. Also lost to Vitese which was a bit of a shock. Don't know if there was huge change in how tactics are, but I'm not getting it.