Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

What team are you playing as? In Scotland only one player has ever joined an SPL team from Brazil directly so it is very rare IRL.

Rangers, i'm well into the game and regular in at least quarter finals of CL. I agree they shouln't all want to come but pretty much none over the value of 30k?

Edit. and not one single player from Argentina thats Argentinian.

You happy with the new player font name jase?

I see you were also struggling with the old font.

You know what, I'm not sure. I've switched to the laptop so I could see it. Should I go get back on the big screen?

I'm a Newcastle fan and I'd be absolutely amazed if we spent £25m any time soon on players.

what bugs me the most is at the last patch Newcastle had 8 million now they have 5 million? and iv'e notice the Cabaye sale went into Mike Ashley gift loan but only reports a couple of days ago the MA loan has never been touched

Here is an amusing new bug... if you have ever won the Capital One Cup go have a look at your Hall of fame...

Reported in the bugs forum.

Swedish Cup! Nicely done SI :lol:

what bugs me the most is at the last patch Newcastle had 8 million now they have 5 million? and iv'e notice the Cabaye sale went into Mike Ashley gift loan but only reports a couple of days ago the MA loan has never been touched

The problem is, given Ashley's policies in the last few years and his relative lack of spending makes it extraordinarily difficult to judge what the budget actually is. If you really think the amount isn't fair, I'd suggest changing it with the editor for your save.

Do you have anything concrete which has been reported which state what those clauses are?

there was a thread on a site a few weeks back stating that PSG had paid 19 million and also have add ons which totalled to 26 million but I think only the Newcastle board and PSG board only knows this

after downloading new patch, whilst starting a save, one of the first things i do is compile a shortlist, but any time i click on the spanish (only leagues loaded) flag,

i get a crash dump. i have logged into steam and verified my game cache or whatever, also have deleted the crash dump(s) from the folder, but when i go back to the game and click on the flag, its gone again.

any help please lads?

The problem is, given Ashley's policies in the last few years and his relative lack of spending makes it extraordinarily difficult to judge what the budget actually is. If you really think the amount isn't fair, I'd suggest changing it with the editor for your save.

how do I edit it mate?

Just updated this now, going to give a real test tonight, I'll post my thoughts tonight.

You know what, I'm not sure. I've switched to the laptop so I could see it. Should I go get back on the big screen?

It is a lot better mate, I am very happy with it.

It is a lot clearer now, I am not pushing my nose against the screen trying to make out the players names anymore.

I would for sure give it a go, the SI guys have done us proud. :)

Baffles me why people think they're in a position to provide useful feedback after playing a single match. In your case, you've not even played a full match. Does that sound like a fair sample to make a decent judgement on? C'mon dude.

In my years of playing this game, there are plenty of situations where if something strange happens a few times in your first match, then you can bet that all tactics you make for the entire version of that ME will need to at least consider that issue. So yes, getting 7 yellows and 2 reds in the first game, and seeing a very good GK act very strangely (and very much different than any other action I've seen in fm14) in the first game seem relevant to me.

Swedish Cup! Nicely done SI :lol:

Doesn't say that on mine? Say's League Cup.

Out of interest are you trying to sign him to a backup squad status?

Either backup or rotation he does the same thing. Can't see why he would do that though - I can understand if he doesn't want to move to be a back up full stop, but why would he agree to it on a one year deal?

Let me reiterate that my initial impressions of the patch are very good. I am just frustrated by that always eternal issue of having your tactics mostly figured out, and then having a new ME throw your mid-season form all out of whack. I'm very deep into my save, and don't want to start over, but also don't want to wreck my season trying out a bunch of new things to see how everything plays.

A few scouting problems..

*In the scouting screen, you cant right click on a scout and remove the current scouting country/area anymore.

*Is Italy in the central europe? I set one of my scouts to scout central europe, and he started off in Italy. In the previous patch Italy was in the southern europe.

Anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Played a couple games and as far as i can see, the passing seems much much better, my players now would rather look for a through ball instead of shooting from long range. I'm seeing more goals from crossings too.

The only bad thing that i noticied so far is that my GK seems to behave a little oddly sometimes. First, he conceded two goals by letting the ball pass under his feet, which is ok, that can happen in real life, but i've also seen him kick the ball to the sidelines a few times instead of kicking it to the middle of the pitch. That do also happens in real life, but i've never seen it before on FM....

But anyways, i'm happy with the patch, definitely an improvement!

how do I edit it mate?

Download and open up the editor (details on how to do this here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=253)

Load the 14.3 database, search under clubs for Newcastle and find their finances, you can change that and I think the overall budget percentage (or maybe just the number). Once you've made your changes, save the file and name it. Then when you start a new game, you'll be able to add your 'editor changes' via the same box you select the database from. Hope that helps.

Yeah same pre and post-patch except it tends to be keepers of any age for me.

Funny you should mention keepers as I've encountered it twice with the young goalie from Genoa. Can't remember the other players, but they may have been goalies too. When renewing they ask for another 1 year deal towards the end of the season, then it seems they are willing to sign 4 year deals come the 3rd season.

Hi Guys.

Thanks very much for the update, looks extremely promising. I've not read the whole thread so please excuse my ignorance but I've noticed in my first competitive game on the new patch my lone striker Gary Hooper has a yellow-ish glow around him. Just wondered if there's an explanation for this.

http://imageshack.com/a/img706/10/bocd.png

Cheers in advance

Hi Guys.

Thanks very much for the update, looks extremely promising. I've not read the whole thread so please excuse my ignorance but I've noticed in my first competitive game on the new patch my lone striker Gary Hooper has a yellow-ish glow around him. Just wondered if there's an explanation for this.

http://imageshack.com/a/img706/10/bocd.png

Cheers in advance

Have you clicked on him per chance? 'Selected' him so to speak?

I couldn't find it in the change log, but is the language problem solved? That the player/staff member learns the language of the country he is living in (like learning Dutch in the Netherlands) instead of English?

Have you clicked on him per chance? 'Selected' him so to speak?

Not that I'm aware of. I just pressed the space bar to start the game and I noticed it. He was injured later in the game so I replaced him and the replacement didn't have glow around him. It's not game breaking, just seemed a bit odd but I can see how he may have got it from being 'selected'.

Thanks anyway.

Let me reiterate that my initial impressions of the patch are very good. I am just frustrated by that always eternal issue of having your tactics mostly figured out, and then having a new ME throw your mid-season form all out of whack. I'm very deep into my save, and don't want to start over, but also don't want to wreck my season trying out a bunch of new things to see how everything plays.

It's kind of understandable though, that if the fundamental underlying mechanics of the game change, that your tactics may need some attention?

In previous patches I always signed a couple of youngsters from benfica (under 18 with no professional contract with the option "approach to sign"). Now

I can't any more, they don't want to enter in contract negotiations, not even with real madrid for example, which irl would be very unlikely.. Is this normal?

- Reduced instances of silly passes when player in goalscoring opportunity.

Yay. Seeing this too often was one of the two main reasons that I stopped playing FM14. The other reason was that goalkeepers too often took free kicks near their corner flags, resulting in too many interceptions by the opposition, and therefore unopposed runs on goal. Has that been addressed?

Played few matches and I see some improvement, but surely I have to play more to notice more things. But, in this few games I noticed a lots of bookings even though I play with stay on feet shout.

And yes, I scored some direct freekick goals, something that was almost impossible on previous versions.

Not that I'm aware of. I just pressed the space bar to start the game and I noticed it. He was injured later in the game so I replaced him and the replacement didn't have glow around him. It's not game breaking, just seemed a bit odd but I can see how he may have got it from being 'selected'.

Thanks anyway.

You probably just clicked him by accident, the glow is usually what happens when you select a player. I do it a lot to track players I'm scouting. I think if you click somewhere else on the pitch it will go away, or maybe click on the player again.

Continuing with my old save game, after this patch I'm no longer able to accept loan offers for any of my players. The button is greyed out. I tried using the default skin and a custom one.

Any ideas?

Only played a few games but some positive things i've noticed so far.

- Goalkeepers coming out to catch crosses more.

- Poor first touch issues seem to have been improved.

- Not seen the broken animation where the keeper saves made whilst diving the wrong way.

- As of yet none of my defenders have gone walk about leaving an opposition striker a clear run on goal.

- Defenders seem to track runners better.

- General attacking play seems improved in terms of passing an decision making around the box.

The only negative i've encountered so far.

- Goalkeeper collecting the ball near the line and stepping off the pitch with it giving away a corner when completely unnecessary.

Also despite some people saying otherwise i haven't had to change my tactics yet just to adapt to a new patch which is a good thing.

still the teams which qualify from champions league group stage to europa league knock out stage don't get rankings and thus the comp does not save the history

What's this mean? Haven't seen it before

Playing with a back 3 centre backs still play too wide, shame.

Move the wingbacks into fullback positions but have their position still set as 'wingbacks'.

Problem solved

Continuing with my old save game, after this patch I'm no longer able to accept loan offers for any of my players. The button is greyed out. I tried using the default skin and a custom one.

Any ideas?

If you check your Staff Responsibilities page has a member of staff been given the responsibility to deal with loan offers for your players?

Cheers,

Ben

It's kind of understandable though, that if the fundamental underlying mechanics of the game change, that your tactics may need some attention?

Yes, I understand this. One of my points was that my GK after the patch had found a new and unique way to allow an easy goal by the opposition. It was something I had never seen before in hundreds of fm14 games so for it to happen in the first 3 minutes of the first game was troubling.

The other point is just me complaining about having a midseason save that now needs a ton of tactic testing. I am just not looking forward to it. To be completely honest I don't like tactics. I only like team building and long term preparation, planning, youth development, and squad building. Tactical work is a huge chore and burden for me, and is not the fun part of the game. So today, I'm more nervous and anxious and frustrated about my save than I was yesterday.

Tactical work is a huge chore and burden for me, and is not the fun part of the game. So today, I'm more nervous and anxious and frustrated about my save than I was yesterday.

You'll be OK. It's a line which does infuriate people, but it's true "A good tactic will work irrespective of the updates".

If you were doing well before the update, you should still be fine afterwards.

You'll be OK. It's a line which does infuriate people, but it's true "A good tactic will work irrespective of the updates".

If you were doing well before the update, you should still be fine afterwards.

It doesn't anger me, and, with the new tactical system, it does seem kind of difficult to build a successful tactic without it being reasonably realistic.

When entering a specific number for salaries during contract negotiations, you end up with a totally different number once confirmed. You're forced to use the pre-set amounts og use the very inaccurate "+" and "-" option. Amazing that such a bug managed to slip through the beta. Did no one buy new players or renegotiate contracts just once during beta? Guess we'll have to settle with odd numbers in all contracts *sigh*

I've the same problem.

I've the same problem.

Okay, for the current moment in time please only use the '+' or '-' option - we believe it only effects users looking at a monthly or yearly salary.

If the user switches the wages to weekly in Preferences the issue will be resolved.

We're looking into it.

In previous patches I always signed a couple of youngsters from benfica (under 18 with no professional contract with the option "approach to sign"). Now

I can't any more, they don't want to enter in contract negotiations, not even with real madrid for example, which irl would be very unlikely.. Is this normal?

Anybody?

Hi Si,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how big exactly is the new update in MBs/GBs when downloading from Steam? I need to know cause the only access to the internet I have at the moment is via setting up my S4 as a wifi receiver, and i have a limit of 1.5GB each month..

Cheers

Ant

:-)