Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

AJW - do you fancy visiting the tactics forum to discuss your team's issues and see if we can help you with anything there? I manage Arsenal and do not see those things particularly, and I am sure we might have a few useful bits if you are interested.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issues I'm seeing are happening for the AI too, especially the poor finishing and all round decision making.

In the end I won the league at a canter, so I'm not sure I'm doing anything that wrong. Made a few mistakes, sure. But I'm still seeing lots of annoying bugs.

Yet another thing I think is wrong with this game. Players just giving up after you've won the league. It's a great way to lower morale before important cup finals.
I found this too, 4 games to go, title won but in with a shout of the record points total and record number of goals. Got the goals, but a poor performance in a game I should have won cost me the points record. Would have been nice if the game was aware I was close and allowed me to use it as a motivating factor.

I found this too, 4 games to go, title won but in with a shout of the record points total and record number of goals. Got the goals, but a poor performance in a game I should have won cost me the points record. Would have been nice if the game was aware I was close and allowed me to use it as a motivating factor.

Would be good if you can use it as a motivator but the situation isn't unlikely. After man utd won the league last year with games to go they struggled to get another win. Bayern this year have also struggled after tying the league up too.

Not a bad idea. It can possibly be an additional team talk option or something. Pop it in the wishlist thread?

Yeah, I know it's not unlikely, I just think a group of players in with a shout of breaking the points record shouldn't have such a clear drop in motivation. I imagine a side unbeaten with the title already won would also have a drop in application in spite of having the goal of an unbeaten season to play for. Never been in that situation though.

Yeah, I know it's not unlikely, I just think a group of players in with a shout of breaking the points record shouldn't have such a clear drop in motivation. I imagine a side unbeaten with the title already won would also have a drop in application in spite of having the goal of an unbeaten season to play for. Never been in that situation though.

It may be a way of motivating your players, when there isn't much else to motivate them.

Hopefully FM 15 doesn't follow FM 14's match engine, or at least it's heavily improved. After playing for 400 hours and finally uninstalling the game i have to say it's the worst FM match engine wise of the FM series.

Before you say it's my tactics don't have issues with winning but it's awful to see those defenders acting like clowns and doing stupid mistakes all over again resulting in crazy scorelines (i already posted a while back in the bugs forum and it's aknowledged).

Sorry to say but FM 15 will not be an instant buy like the last 7-8 years. I am starting to lose faith that 1 game per year is the right thing do to in this moment since for me it's obvious that the dev team simply doesn't have enough time to balance the match engine.

Yet another thing I think is wrong with this game. Players just giving up after you've won the league. It's a great way to lower morale before important cup finals.

Actually Arsene Wenger said that the game after we won the Unbeaten title (home to Birmingham) was the hardest of the run, because it was so hard to motivate the players. He says he found it very difficult to impress on them that they could be making history if they went unbeaten.

Am I the only one enjoying playing this game?

Not at all. People who are enjoying the game are just less vocal as they're playing the game instead of coming to post here. People with issues are always more likely to post about it. This has always been the case.

So something else which is very common in real life is 'yet another thing wrong with the game'.

Right then.

Actually Arsene Wenger said that the game after we won the Unbeaten title (home to Birmingham) was the hardest of the run, because it was so hard to motivate the players. He says he found it very difficult to impress on them that they could be making history if they went unbeaten.

I will also point out Bayern Munich now - tailed off significantly after winning the league, losing momentum and cannot keep it for Champions League campaign.

Bayern rotated heavily though.

I want the the option to tell my players that their cup final places are up for grabs. Morale is such a mess that even if I don't play them, it goes down if we lose.

It's a pity FWT doesn't post on here anymore, I wonder what he would have made of the events at Selhurst Park tonight. Perhaps real life just doesn't want Liverpool to win the league.

Rodgers went to Overload at 3-0 up and paid for it.

I will also point out Bayern Munich now - tailed off significantly after winning the league, losing momentum and cannot keep it for Champions League campaign.

Indeed, but did they have a record to play for? Normally I wouldn't give a toss about form tailing off after a title win, in fact I'd usually blood a few youngsters and give some fringe players some game time. I was just a bit peeved that the team didn't seem to care about a potential record I might never be in the position to achieve again.

Speaking of title wins, something that for some reason I though had been fixed came up again. Two players in my team with 10 appearances in a title winning season, one gets a medal, the other doesn't. The only difference was the first player had his ten appearances before the title was confirmed, and in fact had considerably fewer minutes as most of his appearances were off the bench and the other player started almost all his appearance (eight month injury).

Well thats that, ive had enough, game uninstalled and not a moment too soon. None off your "its your tactics, its your tactics" i would base it more on the fact the game as a whole is ridiculous. Players dont follow instructions, the AI strikers never ever miss a chance, AI managers just do not get sacked after terrible runs/results even if their job is under review, ridiculous amounts of errors offsides being the main ones. This is meant to be a GAME not a waste of peoples time and patience, some of us do not have the time that it would seem half the people on here have to just sit and play the game for 16 hours constantly to finally try and string two passes together to score a goal, rating 1/10 would not buy again, good night and good bye!

I've a feeling FMC and instant results might have brought you more satisfaction but it is true that FM full fat isn't for the faint hearted or those who don't have big reserves of patience imo.

Not at all. People who are enjoying the game are just less vocal as they're playing the game instead of coming to post here. People with issues are always more likely to post about it. This has always been the case.

very doubt that.. regardless of this thread out of 10 people i know 8 of them have stopped playing fm (i dont trust steam stats or reviews from ign etc..) as most people play because this game is very addictive thats all!

very doubt that.. regardless of this thread out of 10 people i know 8 of them have stopped playing fm (i dont trust steam stats or reviews from ign etc..) as most people play because this game is very addictive thats all!

Oh well, I guess if your sample of 10 says so, it must be true.

there are no plans for any further updates to FM14.

So they are keeping the game broken. Great, just great. I'm better off reinstalling fm2013 again then.

This is the last time i blindly buy fm.

So they are keeping the game broken. Great, just great. I'm better off reinstalling fm2013 again then.

not broken ... you need to spend a lot of time on it (I won the bundesliga with Frankfurt first season) won the CL with roma second season.. the game works just need to spend 50 hours per season! its not a game anymore unfortunately..

not broken ... you need to spend a lot of time on it (I won the bundesliga with Frankfurt first season) won the CL with roma second season.. the game works just need to spend 50 hours per season! its not a game anymore unfortunately..

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/390517-FM-is-not-broken..?p=9603157&viewfull=1#post9603157

I won everything with my beloved Sampdoria. But that is not the point. Players moaning constantly if you don't play them (don't happen to cpu teams), especially reserve gks, players that retire at young age because they have absurd demand both wage and reputation wise and teams on lower divisions don't sign free players, me problems (after 6 seasons i've yet to see a goal from a direct freekick. This is stupid), etc...

I've been very disappointed with the game so far, it's full of problems.

not at all... i am sure all review websites 'user ratings' is great lol! go and check them out :)

Funnily enough, I actually go by how I enjoy the game, and don't particularly care about others.

Seriously, where is the obsession with people desperate to show everyone else that they're wrong, and that the game is the worst thing ever made? If you don't enjoy something, where is the pleasure in making sure everyone else doesn't? If I hated it as much as some seem to, I would have just, you know, stopped playing, and gone and done something else. As it is, I enjoy the game. But then maybe I'm just wrong...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/390517-FM-is-not-broken..?p=9603157&viewfull=1#post9603157

I won everything with my beloved Sampdoria. But that is not the point. Players moaning constantly if you don't play them (don't happen to cpu teams), especially reserve gks, players that retire at young age because they have absurd demand both wage and reputation wise and teams on lower divisions don't sign free players, me problems (after 6 seasons i've yet to see a goal from a direct freekick. This is stupid), etc...

I've been very disappointed with the game so far, it's full of problems.

yeah agreed but these issues can be ironed out so its not too bad! i strongly believe that FM should design a 'pro' game and an easier game (FMC is not an option) as its not easier...i am not complaining about the ME or nothing.. SI did well but i feel the overall level of understanding you need for FM is way too high..

fm13 playing the exact same way i do in fm14 I would get 20-25 points more if i were to play the same players.. same tactic (roughly as now there are no sliders) same league etc.. as i said it should much more of a simulation rather than 'football spend your life managing in order to succeed 2014'

i am really enjoying 13 as i can play a season in a couple of hours.. succeed and live my life! got better things to do ^^

Funnily enough, I actually go by how I enjoy the game, and don't particularly care about others.

Seriously, where is the obsession with people desperate to show everyone else that they're wrong, and that the game is the worst thing ever made? If you don't enjoy something, where is the pleasure in making sure everyone else doesn't? If I hated it as much as some seem to, I would have just, you know, stopped playing, and gone and done something else. As it is, I enjoy the game. But then maybe I'm just wrong...

fair point.

Yes, an unbeaten season - and extended their record breaking unbeaten run.

Fair enough then, point taken. I thought they'd lost a game before the title was won. Still, I bet Guardiola used the unbeaten run and potential unbeaten season in his team talks. :p

As it stands FM13 has just as many "issues" as FM14 has if not more.

You need to accept that software like FM will never be perfect and that many of the so called "issues" are simply a difference of opinion.

As it stands FM13 has just as many "issues" as FM14 has if not more.

You need to accept that software like FM will never be perfect and that many of the so called "issues" are simply a difference of opinion.

FM13 has issues, true (otherwise i would've unistalled it in the first place). But at least it have a coherent game world. In this version, 80% of the players released on a free are retired after 2/3 years. It just get on my nerves.

FM13 has issues, true (otherwise i would've unistalled it in the first place). But at least it have a coherent game world. In this version, 80% of the players released on a free are retired after 2/3 years. It just get on my nerves.

Got any stats to back that one up, or is it part of the 43% of statistics that are made up?

Do you set your gameworld up with a small number of playable leagues and a large database by any chance?

Balance your gameworld better when you set it up and this will become a very minor issue.

There are too many goals from crosses and corners and not enough from general play. Also the 4-2-3-1 formation that the AI uses for Chelsea and Man City is unbalanced its literally impossible to beat them even with stronger team. Believe me i have tried on multiple saves yes i won the title but ur not getting points from those 4 fixtures. Is there going to be another ME patch or was this patch the last one?

There are too many goals from crosses and corners and not enough from general play. Also the 4-2-3-1 formation that the AI uses for Chelsea and Man City is unbalanced its literally impossible to beat them even with stronger team. Believe me i have tried on multiple saves yes i won the title but ur not getting points from those 4 fixtures. Is there going to be another ME patch or was this patch the last one?

There are no plans for any further updates for FM14, as post #2624 also states.

Your problems are tactical. Visit the tactics forum to ask for advice on how to beat the 4-2-3-1. It's a tough formation (I'm guessing it's the narrow, 3 AMC variant) to play against.

I find this year AI Mourinho and one of the toughest managers to beat. His 4-2-3-1 Denmark is just impossible for me to reproduce. Man , i would love to get my hands on his tactical instructions :D

There are no plans for any further updates for FM14, as post #2624 also states.

Your problems are tactical. Visit the tactics forum to ask for advice on how to beat the 4-2-3-1. It's a tough formation (I'm guessing it's the narrow, 3 AMC variant) to play against.

No actually is the one with the wingers and 1 AM, its unbalanced. I dont think its a tactical problem cus i think even some of the tactical gurus on this forum said that this AI formation is a little OP. This game needed 1 more small patch its a shame it wont get updated again.

No actually is the one with the wingers and 1 AM, its unbalanced. I dont think its a tactical problem cus i think even some of the tactical gurus on this forum said that this AI formation is a little OP. This game needed 1 more small patch its a shame it wont get updated again.

A little OP (assuming that's true) ≠ Literally impossible to beat

You can beat it. I regularly do with a much weaker team. Your problem is tactical. With the right tactics and approach, you can beat it. You either find a way of beating it yourself, seek advice on how to beat it or you accept that it will beat you.

Do you set your gameworld up with a small number of playable leagues and a large database by any chance?

Balance your gameworld better when you set it up and this will become a very minor issue.

Large database and 15+ nations playable, so it's balanced enough, thanks. Beside it doesn't matter how your database is, lower division team will keep their attitude of not signing any free player, so either they go in random teams (persepolis, al-wakrah, etc...) or get retired.

In all my years playing CM and then FM, over 20 years....I've never been on the verge on uninstalling the game but I am now.

Since the last patch, I have found the game more or less impossible & the enjoyment is no longer there.

In all my years playing CM and then FM, over 20 years....I've never been on the verge on uninstalling the game but I am now.

Since the last patch, I have found the game more or less impossible & the enjoyment is no longer there.

Impossible as in difficult? People finding it difficult are almost always doing something wrong, tactically speaking.

Got any stats to back that one up, or is it part of the 43% of statistics that are made up?

My game stats. In 5 seasons i released 39 under 25 players on a free (not including regens that i didn't sign for a contract, which is pointless to say that all retired) and of those 39 only 4 (yeah, you got it right, FOUR PLAYERS) are active. The rest are ALL retired (oh and they aren't all terrible, many were decent enough for the third division, and i even released Sergio Romero that, guess what, also retired due to no offers). The math is easy. The situation for the rest of the teams in my League (serie A) is very similar, between 80% and 90%.

If this stat is not enough for you, i uploaded my save for a bug. Go check it out personally if you don't believe me. It should still be in the ftp.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/390390-Reserve-GK-moan-due-to-lack-of-first-team-play-(sigh)

P.S.: Before going into paladin mode do know that SI themselves admitted the existence of this issue (but they didn't resolved anything).

Large database and 15+ nations playable, so it's balanced enough, thanks. Beside it doesn't matter how your database is, lower division team will keep their attitude of not signing any free player, so either they go in random teams (persepolis, al-wakrah, etc...) or get retired.

Thats not a good balance IMO, its no wonder you have some issues with it.

Thats not a good balance IMO, its no wonder you have some issues with it.

How so? What are you saying don't make sense to me. Btw i used the same exact nations and database with all my previous fm, and never got a problem.

How so? What are you saying don't make sense to me. Btw i used the same exact nations and database with all my previous fm, and never got a problem.

15+ nations, how many exactly? how many playable leagues? how many playable teams?

Say 15 nations * 2 leagues per nation * 20 teams per league = 600 teams.

600 teams with say two squads and 25 players per squad = 30,000 players needed to fill the playable teams.

Add in non-playable teams who have far less players & some extra for the transfer market, say 50,000 players would be more than enough.

You loaded how many players? 100k? and then wonder why a lot of them don't have a team to play for and retire.

Archived