Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

I started a career game unemployed and got the AFC Telford job. For some reason my assistant is telling me three of my DCs (at the very least) are 4.5 stars on his current potential on the squad page (I added assistant rating columns) and 4 stars in the squad depth page. In fact looking at the squad depth pages he has players rated at 4 stars on the overview page and 4.5 stars on the by position page.

Saved as normal last night everything was fine, come on to download update now my saved game wont load, any ideas?

The backups to it are fine, just dont fancy starting two weeks behind as i was in transfer window and had done alot of scouting etc which i cant remember now!

well at the moment I have just realised that steam has not downloaded any updates for fm14 even though I have set it so that it keeps updated always, I have done everything that has been suggested such as restarting steam and verifying the game cache and still nothing any ideas anyone it would be much appreciated?

On your main menu in the bottom right-hand corner, what version does it state?

I thought it was fine because it stated the correct version but when I loaded a new game it had not made any of the changes but after another restart steam has awoken and decided to update. But anyway thanks for the quick reply and keep up the good work SI!

Yeah it couldn't be fixed for this version, only for a future version of FM.

So now I'm really angry because I bought this years FM only because of the new editor and the things it was said it could do. I want my money back!

Hi daylight, there has indeed been a change to player font in the ME. Be interested to hear your thoughts on this. :)

Managed to play a few games now Tony and the new font is a big improvement, I am no longer squinting to see players names and more importantly I am now focusing on what is going on in the match rather than trying to make out who is on the ball. :)

It seems the new font has maybe less black around the edges?

Anyway very happy with it, now I can get back playing, not played since 21st December, the wife will be pleased as we really were running out of things to talk about, now she can have her peace and quiet again. :D

So now I'm really angry because I bought this years FM only because of the new editor and the things it was said it could do. I want my money back!

And what thing did we say it could specifically do which it cannot?

Grrrr first time I have had a major bug ever and I've been playing since 93! Hope it gets sorted soon

What's your issue?

What's your issue?

I posted in the Interface bugs forum

When I go on a lot of the writing is not showing up, depending on what screen. The main home screen shows a lot of the text as dark blue and not white, and then when clicking hrough the small set up game screen shows just the buttons to press no writing and again when you click through when trying to pick leagues it isn't showing any text just the buttons to press.

Loaded last game and it is the same go to the news screen it shows the headline but none of the text.

In answer to a couple of early questions: woodwork hits are slightly higher than real life stats (0.8 per game rather than 0.7), though obviously this should barely be noticeable.

If you set players to stand on the post for corners then they ought to also stand there for IFKs from wide areas without the need to set them there when defending free kicks.

Just noticed an odd development post-patch: on any screen where my manager name appears, in the top right corner (i.e. just above the last letter of my name) is a small yellow square, and when I hover over it, it displays a non-clickable list of all the notes attached to my name. It's a bit weird, anyone got any idea why that would be there? Can't see any use for it.

Is it possible to start a new game with all the new match engine changes but without the January transfers?

Yes just select the original database when starting the new game.

Is it possible to start a new game with all the new match engine changes but without the January transfers?

Yes. Just start a new game and select to use the Default DB.

Saved as normal last night everything was fine, come on to download update now my saved game wont load, any ideas?

The backups to it are fine, just dont fancy starting two weeks behind as i was in transfer window and had done alot of scouting etc which i cant remember now!

Neil, any ideas?

Just noticed an odd development post-patch: on any screen where my manager name appears, in the top right corner (i.e. just above the last letter of my name) is a small yellow square, and when I hover over it, it displays a non-clickable list of all the notes attached to my name. It's a bit weird, anyone got any idea why that would be there? Can't see any use for it.

Ignore this! I just realised if you click, it takes you to all the notes. Bit stupid of me really. It's clearly just a little visual reminder that there are notes attached, which is actually a really cool idea (e.g. for if you want to make a note on a player without shortlisting them). Good work!

3 minutes into the first match and a long ball over the top sees my GK take up ridiculous positioning 15 yards away from the goal and lined up with one of the posts, with an easy finish for the opponent.

Also, what was already a yellow card-fest for me in the last patch has already seen the increased dribbling result in 5 yellow card and a red..... in the first half.

I should add that in general things are much, much MUCH improved in terms of the players performance and decisions. I'm just really worried about these cards. As I'm typing this, just got my second sending off. Down to 9 men.

Baffles me why people think they're in a position to provide useful feedback after playing a single match. In your case, you've not even played a full match. Does that sound like a fair sample to make a decent judgement on? C'mon dude.

In answer to a couple of early questions: woodwork hits are slightly higher than real life stats (0.8 per game rather than 0.7), though obviously this should barely be noticeable.

If you set players to stand on the post for corners then they ought to also stand there for IFKs from wide areas without the need to set them there when defending free kicks.

Brilliant thank you

I thought Liverpool averaged about 8.0 per game.

I posted in the Interface bugs forum

When I go on a lot of the writing is not showing up, depending on what screen. The main home screen shows a lot of the text as dark blue and not white, and then when clicking hrough the small set up game screen shows just the buttons to press no writing and again when you click through when trying to pick leagues it isn't showing any text just the buttons to press.

Loaded last game and it is the same go to the news screen it shows the headline but none of the text.

Try deleting your preferences - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=218

Then delete your cache - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Once that's done, reverify your cache and try the game again - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

Then try changing your rendering mode from GPU to Software as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=246

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Neil, any ideas?

What happened the last time you saved the game? Did you shut down straight afterwards?

I thought Liverpool averaged about 8.0 per game.

You happy with the new player font name jase?

I see you were also struggling with the old font.

Pre patch 91 players based in South America willing to join me. (Majority free agents/terrible players)

Post patch 91 players based....same as above. Not a single newgen based in South America, despite being bad will join me. All have no intention.

Playing as Rangers, consistently in UCL and Continental rep. SPL 10th in rankings.

So either it wasn't fixed or it's not save game compatible? Think it's similar issue to what Germany was experiencing. Just means no players can move from South America to my club, unless they first move elsewhere.

Seriously? If this is not fixed it's poor form.

Try deleting your preferences - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=218

Then delete your cache - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Once that's done, reverify your cache and try the game again - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

Then try changing your rendering mode from GPU to Software as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=246

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Thanks Neil it worked after reverifying the cache

Not sure if this is in the right forum but using the new patch I am trying to offer a contract to Yann Sommer to sign for Bayern. He is happy with everything except he only wants a contract until 2014 i.e. only a one year deal! When I try to change this to something more realistic like 2016 or 2017 he suddenly gets annoyed and starts demanding double the offered wages and ridiculously high bonuses!

Ive just had a player retire from football on the 11th may - 5 days before the end of the season.

He was my backup keeper but my 1st choice was injured and it has now left me without a GK for the final game

Potential bug?

Not sure if this is in the right forum but using the new patch I am trying to offer a contract to Yann Sommer to sign for Bayern. He is happy with everything except he only wants a contract until 2014 i.e. only a one year deal! When I try to change this to something more realistic like 2016 or 2017 he suddenly gets annoyed and starts demanding double the offered wages and ridiculously high bonuses!

I've ran into this last patch. Tends to be youngsters in my case.

Here is an amusing new bug... if you have ever won the Capital One Cup go have a look at your Hall of fame...

Reported in the bugs forum.

Out of interest are you trying to sign him to a backup squad status?

I've ran into this last patch. Tends to be youngsters in my case.

Yeah same pre and post-patch except it tends to be keepers of any age for me.

First the new font is great.

Overall after 3 matches I feel the gameplay has improved. I cant pinpoint how exactly but it just feels more fluid specially in attacking. Player runs are better and also the vision and variety of passes from my midfield players. Good players seem more composed and do wait a second for that killer pass. I do feel though that passes have become too accurate, but I have a world class team so I guess its world class play.

At some moments in the match it felt like a realistic football match.

Ive just had a player retire from football on the 11th may - 5 days before the end of the season.

He was my backup keeper but my 1st choice was injured and it has now left me without a GK for the final game

Potential bug?

Sounds like a bug.

Could you report the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/369-All-Other-Issues

A save game will probably needed before the player announces his retirement. If you have that save could you please upload it.

Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Cheers,

Ben

Had a quick game to check it out. Within minutes I had three crosses. Two caught by goalkeeper and one too long but that's great none blocked so a lot more realistic because the winger skinned the full back but the full back didn't do his Usain Bolt impression!! Play seems slower and more calculated but again that's great as it doesn't resemble end to end basketball as there seemed to be more midfield involvement. I didn't have too many chances but I think that's my tactics as I overloaded on crosses to try and make them come in more so I'll adjust that. So first impressions pretty good. Looking forward to trying tactics I want to try rather than trying to play the ME.

So the weekend beckons, Mrs away at her mothers and a new FM patch. Happy days!!

Sure I'll find something to moan about though, give me time!!!!

Cheers SI.

Here is an amusing new bug... if you have ever won the Capital One Cup go have a look at your Hall of fame...

Reported in the bugs forum.

Gotta quote myself... if you have ever won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy it is also replaced... dang!

Can confirm this has not been fixed.

What team are you playing as? In Scotland only one player has ever joined an SPL team from Brazil directly so it is very rare IRL.

also according to reports PSG bought Cabaye for over 19 million to 26 million with add ons, but once I checked PSG transfer clauses they didn't have any outgoing for Cabaye

Ick, this is bad.

I've won everything for 3 seasons as Barcelona manager and now we are starting on fourth season and I install 14.3.0 then Sergie Busquet wants a talk, because of ambition issues, there is no club more successful in the world, only 2nd place we has is in richness of the club, beating by one English club.

We are the worlds best club...

The talk was weird, my options was to say thinks like we were a crap club that hasn't won anything and that I should buy better players and stuff.

But the press complaint by him after the match at least made a little more sense: It said he thought he had archived everything he could at our club and wanted a new challenge.

Iv'e just notice the new patch that's 14.3.0 and I got to say what a ****ing insult by SI and this shows they don't know much about what's going on in the world of Football.

every single Newcastle fan would agree with me with the transfer budget as shown above that this is wrong all together, we made over 19 million from selling Cabaye and we bought in Luuk De Jong on loan and we didn't purchase a single player.

so tell me SI why is it Newcastle have a wage budget so low and 5 million in the transfer budget? when there should be at least over 25 million?

I'm a Newcastle fan and I'd be absolutely amazed if we spent £25m any time soon on players, especially as Ashley is spending a large sum on the training ground facilities - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-hope-attract-new-6357256

also according to reports PSG bought Cabaye for over 19 million to 26 million with add ons, but once I checked PSG transfer clauses they didn't have any outgoing for Cabaye

Do you have anything concrete which has been reported which state what those clauses are?