Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

11 mins 46 secs into a Champions League QF and the bar has already been hit four times (3-1)...

... This really, really has to be sorted. I've seen it mentioned, and even quoted it myself in an earlier complaint that the bar/post were still being hit too often, that the current ME average is only 0.1% higher than in real life - however, I am yet to go a season (13 full seasons in my current save, though I tallied a total from a season in a previous save of 131 and had Adam Mingay respond about it) without the bloody posts being hit over 120 times.

Sure, goals are not a problem, but it's slowly sucking all joy out of watching games... Really, really annoying... Turning me into a moaning old sod!

I agree. It's absurd that one SI representative before tried to justify it by bringing in a Liverpool stat in one season where they hit the bar 33 times in 38 league matches. Little did he know there are 20 teams in the premier league (in-game) who have that rate of bar-hitting, and what is more, it has been happening for 3 consecutive seasons on my save. They really want to bend the reality just so they can justify what is broken. High scoring games, frequent bar-hittings, ******** goalkeepers and strikers. Is it time for a new patch? I say yes. Not just one, as many as is needed until the problems are solved IN FM 14. I already know I'm not the only one thinking this.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This. Loud and Clear. Where have all the SI representatives gone?

Football Manager 2014 is a world-wide game. The country in which you live in is not the only country on this planet, nor is the time at your country of domicile the universal time. Go to sleep. I just woke up.

Football Manager 2014 is a world-wide game. The country in which you live in is not the only country on this planet, nor is the time at your country of domicile the universal time. Go to sleep. I just woke up.

They are based in, and work in the UK. Funnily enough, its bed time for most here. Thats pretty much the end of it.

They really want to bend the reality just so they can justify what is broken.

Nothing is 'broken', stop exaggerating.

Upload your save so we can see if this 'woodwork' problem is as bad as you make out. Because all the high scoring games and woodwork stats are recorded, so it should be clear as day for anyone to see.

goalies defend annoying, unrealistic way, seem ninjas!

The game is appealing to the user ... can not win this match deserved a patch engine, direct crosses the beam, finishing good players finish with 16 up are crap!

Not to mention the ball hitting the player, like a robot, sigames before thinking in fm 15 had to adjust the 14! All are not happy with the game ... honestly think twice or more before buying the 15, and I'm very sad because I love this game!

Guest El Payaso
FM is a football management simulation - tactical familiarity is part of real life management. FMC is there if you do not like tactical familiarity.
For me the game is actually better when the tactics aren't fluid yet as there aren't ridiculous amount of good scoring chances in every game (especially for my team). Also the finishing is in much better level for me when my team produces something like 10-15 shots in a game instead of 25-30.

Has anyone else noticed that a large percentage of players with high PA also seem to have high injury proneness? Nearly every time I scout a player and see 4 stars or more, the scout report tell me injury proneness is a major weakness.

If it happens as frequently as you say, you should really upload the pkm files that SI asked for in your thread in the Bugs Forum.

Done. Sorry about the delay, I've been busy all day.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/387425-Reviewed-Watford-s-away-kit?p=9501041#post9501041

Could you or one of the moderators let me know so that I know you have received the files please? Thanks.

Done. Sorry about the delay, I've been busy all day.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/387425-Reviewed-Watford-s-away-kit?p=9501041#post9501041

Could you or one of the moderators let me know so that I know you have received the files please? Thanks.

Adam will more than likely post on the thread again when he sees it :thup:

Has anyone else noticed that a large percentage of players with high PA also seem to have high injury proneness? Nearly every time I scout a player and see 4 stars or more, the scout report tell me injury proneness is a major weakness.

Certainly in South American prospects... Have noticed this myself.

Has anyone experienced a problem with conceding extremely early after warning your team about complacency at half time?

I thought at first it might have been a coincidence, selective memory perhaps, but in the four games in my current season (and a good chunk of others previously) we've conceded within a minute and a half, sometimes inside of twenty seconds, after the aforementioned team talk...

Goalkeepers and defenders of all abilities who are in the parts of the pitch between the edge of their box and the corner flag, seem to play a lot of stupid and risky diagonal balls to the centre pitch around the box straight to opposition strikers who almost always score. Will try to record an example next time I'm on the game

Starting with the basics but...... you didn't give everybody other than those 2 instructions different from "form wall" did you.

One assumes if you had told them to be in the wall they would be in the wall

I never ever touch set piece instructions. Even if I had, it's hard to see what I would have told them to do.

Not sure I've ever seen the option to ask them to all huddle together on the penalty spot.

Anybody seen anything odd with the Player Search functionality?

Here is a screenshot of what is being brought back when i search for defenders.

2ag40zl.jpg

It's like it's not bringing up any (or hardly any) players from the Premier League.

FYI, i have 100% scouting in UK & Ireland.

Not sure if it's me, being 6ft3 and so a little naive about these things 'n all, but is the average height of regenerated defenders shockingly low?

I can hardly find a keeper over 180cm... Mine is soon world class and 173cm :p

But I haven't had any problems finding big, tall defenders no. I guess the sheer number of them fixes the problem.

Add a filter to only show players who are at Premier league clubs to get an idea if all players are considered unrealistic transfers. If the majority of Premier league are considered to be unrealistic targets then I'd be interested in taking a look at your save to see what is happening.

Alex,

i added a filter for Players Based in England which seemed to fix it.

Also, haven't been able to recreate it.

Did this come up in QA?

I've been playing fm for years and i've honestly never seen this before.

Has anyone experienced a problem with conceding extremely early after warning your team about complacency at half time?

I thought at first it might have been a coincidence, selective memory perhaps, but in the four games in my current season (and a good chunk of others previously) we've conceded within a minute and a half, sometimes inside of twenty seconds, after the aforementioned team talk...

Surely that would then suggest that using that team talk for YOUR group of players results in them switching off - so the easy solution is surely not to use it again?

The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... (just to clarify - this is my sense of humour - not an insult)

You may ban me as much as you like, but this game is incomplete. Not broken, since that would mean that we could potentially expect fixes, but incomplete product. I mean, seriously, full backs and centre backs behaving like idiots, Romanian league players not being interested in moving to top level clubs, shall i mention super-high amount of woodwork and high scoring games? About woodwork, average number is quite good, but its dispersion is disastrous. Same goes for high scoring games, and I don't care if results like that happen in the PL (Arsenal - MUTD, City matches etc.), they DO NOT happen everywhere, and definitely not that often. Of course, high scoring game is followed by a few low scoring ones, so, if you look at the table - you can't notice anything wrong. So, please, even if you don't want/have time (or simply don't care) about fixing the game, at least hire more testers and someone who understands football - because this game doesn't represent it quite well.

Also, many Italian clubs tend to underarchieve in recent versions. I don't say it doesn't happen (Milan, Inter last year, Juventus before that), but Roma and Fiorentina finishing rock bottom, while Catania plays UCL in second season? It is more than unrealistic. I also remember there was a bug with Italian transfers a few years ago, where all transfers were collected as "last season transfers", just in Italian league - no fix. So, anoder request - please, give a bit more attention to Italian league in the following version, after all, it's not like football is played only in England and Spain. I wanted to add Germany, but I have seen Bayern underarchieve in this FM too often, being outplayed by Anorthosis or Steaua.

As much as we would all like that - this game doesn't represent football well. It's the first time previous version is still better 5 months after release, and it is not something customers want to pay for. Cheers.

I also noticed after a couple of hours of play last night, that the missed 1 on 1 chances, or superman goalkeeper saves are compensated by "...but he never meant it!" goals. It's really, really bad...

Surely that would then suggest that using that team talk for YOUR group of players results in them switching off - so the easy solution is surely not to use it again?

The definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... (just to clarify - this is my sense of humour - not an insult)

Haha, I know what you mean! No insult taken, our sense of humour is somewhat similar :)

Am simply trying to work out why on Earth this is happening and how, apart from the obvious 'not using it again', I can improve things. There's no logical explanation for it - of my back line personality types are 'Professional, Professional, Resolute and Determined', no one lacks in concentration, etc, are usually extremely well organised and for three seasons now been far and away the best defense in the league... yet after said team talk they simply fall to pieces for the first few minutes of the following half...

Anybody seen anything odd with the Player Search functionality?

Here is a screenshot of what is being brought back when i search for defenders.

2ag40zl.jpg

It's like it's not bringing up any (or hardly any) players from the Premier League.

FYI, i have 100% scouting in UK & Ireland.

So your search results in 6909 Defenders of which you show us the top screen with no sorting option selected - what exactly is the issue?

So your search results in 6909 Defenders of which you show us the top screen with no sorting option selected - what exactly is the issue?

That it wasn't bringing players back who played in the premier league, regardless if Unrealistic was selected or not (should have made that clear. My Bad)

That it wasn't bringing players back who played in the premier league, regardless if Unrealistic was selected or not (should have made that clear. My Bad)

You did make that clear, dooro23's well-noticed point was that you didn't actually show that it "wasn't bringing back" prem players, as it wasn't sorted by any field, so it was just a list of ~25 random defenders who weren't unrealistic

Who says it wasn't? There are 3 EPL players on your screen. If there is no sorting by a column, why would you expect more from one screen out of many hundreds?

You did make that clear, dooro23's well-noticed point was that you didn't actually show that it "wasn't bringing back" prem players, as it wasn't sorted by any field, so it was just a list of ~25 random defenders who weren't unrealistic

Apologies again.

It was meant to be sorted by Price.

I was clicking the Price column header however, it wasn't sorting correctly.

I'm a little tired today so, once again, apologies for the lack of details.

Apologies again.

It was meant to be sorted by Price.

I was clicking the Price column header however, it wasn't sorting correctly.

I'm a little tired today so, once again, apologies for the lack of details.

Best thing to do is as Alex suggested. Filter out everyone NOT playing for the Premier League. If you get a real lack of players then, create a thread in the Bugs Forum and upload your save. :thup:

Guys, just a general note...

This thread is for feedback on the game and update 14.3, NOT feedback about other posters. Let us sort that out.

Criticism of the game is allowed, but keep it constructive as per the House Rules.

David91 & SkinningForumVisitor - are you blind? Did you read what Hunt3r just wrote? Shut up if you have nothing to say relevant to this thread. Bitching at each other is for the playground, not here. Zip it or else.

Nice, now you can't even point out obvious user mistakes, that lead to "issues" being reported. Rather read the posts properly, the "issue" has now been recognized by the user as not being an issue. You're welcome!

If this is about the above remark - it is quite clearly not aimed at you. It was the 2 users arguing with each other, whose posts have been deleted.

I don't think you've clarified anywhere which team are you and what division are you playing in?

Hunter's post was also dealing with the same issue I was. Nothing aimed at your discussion.
"This thread is for feedback on the game and update 14.3, NOT feedback about other posters." didn't come across to me personally as such, still doesn't. Anyway, no problem with deleting this conversation to remove the clutter.

Dooro, I sent a PM to you to explain, but it wasn't aimed at you :thup:

I don't think you've clarified anywhere which team are you and what division are you playing in?

Check the Filter section. He can filter out Everton players specifically, so he is managing Everton.

How does what you are seeing differ from getting a hand to it but failling to keep it out? (I assume there must be something)

Because I'd say it's occurring around 90% of the time. IMO, I'm not seeing enough shots going directly in without any touches from the GK.

Set pieces are a joke on this update. Corners on FM14 have always been broken and they are no better on this one. Corners are like short corners in hockey, a direct chance to score. It's not uncommon on the game for 5 or more goals to be scored from corners in one game. Just stop messing about and turn them down.

Direct free kicks also have a ridiculously high chance of going in and where do we begin on penalties? 24-23 on shootouts anyone? Impossible to miss, the only chance of one ever not going in is if it happens to hit the keeper. One in about 30 isn't scored. In real life I believe it's about 1 in 4 for penalties in matches and 1 in 3 during shootouts?

Archived