Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah ... a shame not to have updated, deserve better treatment because the game is not perfect yet!

Deserve better treatment? A perfect game?

This game can certainly be improved but some of the posts I read here are disappointing. The fact that you think there is a such thing as perfect game speaks volumes to level of entitlement a lot of you have. You're probably better off not playing if you seriously expect a perfect game.

Soooo hard to sell players.

One example, first transfer window first season clubs are continually making offers for my keeper. I reject them all as he's a key player.

A year on and one promotion later I've managed to sign a slightly better goalie on a free.

Now he's on the transfer list not a single club interested. Really frustrating.

guys,

one of my players has bugged out and now i don't have the option to offer him a contract extension.

It looks like he was meant to sign a youth contract but never did.

I wouldn't care but the player in question (Ryan Ledson) is 5 star potential.

Anything SI can do? There is still a year left on his contract.

Wait, never mind. He hasn't signed his youth contract yet.

Jaysus i'm an idiot.

Cheers

No further updates are planned.

I am wondering this too, SI havent come out and said there will be not be any further patches. Im itching to start a new save but will wait until confirmation that there will be no more patches released.

Goals scored really starting to annoy...current in 2nd season in prem...

Chelsea 7 Arsenal 1

Newcastle 8 Reading 3

Chelsea 5 Huddersfield 3

Swansea 6 Hull 4

Spurs 5 Hull 4

Champions league Games as well..there is 3 or more goals in nearly every game

Chelsea 7 Benifca 1

Sampdoria 5 Barcelona 2

Add to this the inability of being able to keep clean sheets...

Wow. Returned to this new patch. First game, I had a ball come down the field and sit in my box for about 15 seconds. No defenders or the goalkeeper came for it. Then a player on the other side decided what the hey and ran and tapped it in. Not a good first impression, never seen something so stupid. Also gave away a penalty when a player was tripped off the ball. Can't say I've ever seen that happen before either. Bad, bad first impression, hope it gets better.

One thing is clear about Football Manager 2014: That it's not a finished product. It however must be borne in the minds of developers that FM14 is a brand on its own, not a laboratory work in preparation for FM15. This point is particularly important because customers bought FM14 as a "product". None of us here paid our sum to receive a "work in progress". The problems and issues raised in this thread have been categorically answered with "upload your save" or "prove your point". But that is not the correct attitude of a developer of a world-wide football game franchise. The correct attitude should be to check it for themselves and fix it as and when they see the problem. The fact that it's an unfinished work is enough to discourage many to purchase FM15. But that fact aside, the developers attitude of "ah, just let it go, we will now work on FM15" is a plain betrayal of the enormous devotion and yearly religious ceremony they have been receiving from their fans. The problems were raised by not only one or two players but multiple. It is loud and clear that there is something wrong with the ME. Stop fighting your own customers. Listen to them and fix it. After all, we aren't here to troll you, we are here because we want to play the game we love.

Thank you for once again failing spectacularly at reading (let alone understanding) my original post. You are not someone from SI. Nor are you someone from the development team. Your answer is therefore plainly moot, as much as it will be ignored.

ONCE AGAIN, can someone from SI please formally answer my original question. Thank you.

Page 2 of this thread, the following was posted by Neil Brock of SI: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386143-Football-Manager-2014-Update-14.3.0-Winter-Transfer-Update-FEEDBACK-THREAD?p=9463800&viewfull=1#post9463800

Marcus, I abandoned my long-winded reply to you. I want to rather approach this from a different angle.

Let me ask you this: What issues are you experiencing? Maybe we can help.

What he's trying to say is what I also said earlier. Since you accept there are still bugs, and I'm only talking for the ones you admitted that still exist (even if there are low priority ones like the physio thingy), it is unacceptable from the customer's point of view to reply 'we'll fix it for our next year's game'. We bought FM14, and we want fixes to be made for FM14. Believe it or not, there are some people that don't care for FM15 and they might not even buy it when it's out. But those people (myself for example) still paid for FM14, and with our feedback we're trying to help you fix our beloved game. Again, our game is FM14 not FM15.

Can't make it any clearer that that

What he's trying to say is what I also said earlier. Since you accept there are still bugs, and I'm only talking for the ones you admitted that still exist (even if there are low priority ones like the physio thingy), it is unacceptable from the customer's point of view to reply 'we'll fix it for our next year's game'. We bought FM14, and we want fixes to be made for FM14. Believe it or not, there are some people that don't care for FM15 and they might not even buy it when it's out. But those people (myself for example) still paid for FM14, and with our feedback we're trying to help you fix our beloved game. Again, our game is FM14 not FM15.

Can't make it any clearer that that

You are confusing finished with perfect. There is no perfect game.

You are confusing finished with perfect. There is no perfect game.

Quite true, yet still missing the point. Whether perfect or imperfect, where there exists plain issues with the game which go to make it imperfect, one would expect the provider of that game to fix those issues in order to make it less "imperfect" as you would put it. One may not be able to make a perfect game, but one should obviously strive to make one.

Quite true, yet still missing the point. Whether perfect or imperfect, where there exists plain issues with the game which go to make it imperfect, one would expect the provider of that game to fix those issues in order to make it less "imperfect" as you would put it. One may not be able to make a perfect game, but one should obviously strive to make one.

I'm not saying I'm plus plus happy with SI's patch fix practicing, only that in real world business life world it is only realistic to anticipate a game which is ok good enough, but cannot anticipate one that designated to each individual customer's claims of requirements.

I think SI do Ok, they should do better, but I understand why

In my opinion they should really try to find and fix those bugs that cause weird scorelines in some games like 5-8, 8-4 etc in FM 14, not 15...

Leaving the game in this state it is unprofessional for a company like SI.

I'm not saying I'm plus plus happy with SI's patch fix practicing, only that in real world business life world it is only realistic to anticipate a game which is ok good enough, but cannot anticipate one that designated to each individual customer's claims of requirements.

I think SI do Ok, they should do better, but I understand why

I am going to abandon the topic. You and I discussing this won't make any difference unless a new patch comes out to fix those known issues. I am also going to make my decision whether to buy FM15 based on what course SI takes from this point on. If FM14 is so undesirable and admittedly latent with issues (even at the stage of its third patch), there is no guarantee that FM15 will be free of those problems. There is a degree at which customers will accept the game is imperfect yet developers made a fair effort to fix all they could (to the best of knowledge). In my view, this year's FM fell far below that degree as to make it wholly undesirable to play let alone enjoy it. And I am under no illusion that I am not the only one thinking the same.

One thing is clear about Football Manager 2014: That it's not a finished product. It however must be borne in the minds of developers that FM14 is a brand on its own, not a laboratory work in preparation for FM15. This point is particularly important because customers bought FM14 as a "product". None of us here paid our sum to receive a "work in progress". The problems and issues raised in this thread have been categorically answered with "upload your save" or "prove your point". But that is not the correct attitude of a developer of a world-wide football game franchise. The correct attitude should be to check it for themselves and fix it as and when they see the problem. The fact that it's an unfinished work is enough to discourage many to purchase FM15. But that fact aside, the developers attitude of "ah, just let it go, we will now work on FM15" is a plain betrayal of the enormous devotion and yearly religious ceremony they have been receiving from their fans. The problems were raised by not only one or two players but multiple. It is loud and clear that there is something wrong with the ME. Stop fighting your own customers. Listen to them and fix it. After all, we aren't here to troll you, we are here because we want to play the game we love.

You are so far wrong on a lot of points in this. You say that you shouldn't have to upload your save, but you don't seem to understand how things are fixed. If it's something reproducable in all saves, it's possible that they could do it without your save, but even that's a stretch. They need your save because they know they'll be able to reproduce it, if it exists. Do you seriously want the development team to go off investigating every little thing that is raised with no evidence? You think that's the "correct attitude" for a developer to have? You don't seem to have any clue how the process works, combined with a hefty amount of entitlement. To say they don't listen to their customers is ridiculous - they're probably one of the more receptive development teams out there.

I really sometimes wonder what other games people have played. Because honestly the level of support (and patience) displayed by SI (and moderators on this forum) is extremely good. They will listen to your problems, advise you on things you can improve, they are open about what bugs currently exist in the game.

If you want an example of a game released that was not finished, look at Rome 2 TW. That game was unplayable on release, and I mean unplayable in the purest sense; the AI was so bugged that it battles did not function. FM14 was released with bugs (as all games are), but none of them prevented you playing the game as it was intended. It was by no means an easy game to master, but it worked.

As to SIs treatment of patches and updates. They investigate bugs reported here, and they fix the most glaring one. It is clear that each patch has improved upon the previous. To contrast to another extreme case, I think F1 2011 on ps3 was really buggy. But Codemasters, who made the game, kinda gave up on it without fixing the biggest bugs. For example, you could not select which set of tyres you wanted to use at a pitstop, giving you worn sets when you had 3 new sets. Things like that are maor bugs. Nothing like that exists in FM14.

I think a little perspective is needed sometimes.

What leagues are in an unplayable condition? And why? Not disbelieving you at all, just curious as to which ones. Is it still one of the Scandinavian countries?

Yeah those same. After spending hours to the researchwork, I'm not happy to the situation.

I really sometimes wonder what other games people have played. Because honestly the level of support (and patience) displayed by SI (and moderators on this forum) is extremely good. They will listen to your problems, advise you on things you can improve, they are open about what bugs currently exist in the game.

If you want an example of a game released that was not finished, look at Rome 2 TW. That game was unplayable on release, and I mean unplayable in the purest sense; the AI was so bugged that it battles did not function. FM14 was released with bugs (as all games are), but none of them prevented you playing the game as it was intended. It was by no means an easy game to master, but it worked.

As to SIs treatment of patches and updates. They investigate bugs reported here, and they fix the most glaring one. It is clear that each patch has improved upon the previous. To contrast to another extreme case, I think F1 2011 on ps3 was really buggy. But Codemasters, who made the game, kinda gave up on it without fixing the biggest bugs. For example, you could not select which set of tyres you wanted to use at a pitstop, giving you worn sets when you had 3 new sets. Things like that are maor bugs. Nothing like that exists in FM14.

I think a little perspective is needed sometimes.

These scorelines are not major bugs? Saves uploaded to SI in which they aknowledge the high scorelines. I see other users also reporting these..

I have not seen something like this in any of the previous versions. In fact this is the first time i see an 8-5 in any of the FM's from CM 4( this had some major issues at realease)

Untitled_zps5ba65486.png

Untitled_zps121399f5.png

Maybe i should make a topic for the users to post their ridiculos scorelines... I think that will be fun

These scorelines are not major bugs? Saves uploaded to SI in which they aknowledge the high scorelines. I see other users also reporting these..

I have not seen something like this in any of the previous versions. In fact this is the first time i see an 8-5 in any of the FM's from CM 4( this had some major issues at realease)

Untitled_zps5ba65486.png

Untitled_zps121399f5.png

Maybe i should make a topic for the users to post their ridiculos scorelines... I think that will be fun

I do not need to say much. If this is not a "glaring problem" as some of you put it, then I don't know what is. It is a problem flying in the face of the SI developers. It is a problem that exists not on its release, but almost six/seven months after its release. Sure, the developers here at SI are receptive and willing to listen, yet we demand actions. Fix it. Don't say there won't be any more patches, because we need more patches. One, two or three more patches until all the blatant issues are solved. That is the attitude I am talking about. I am not asking SI to fix problems which are based on vacuum, quite the contrary, they HAVE received plenty of complaints which have come before them with clear evidence. Now that they know there are problems (as I know they have admitted a few), it is time to fix them. No, not in FM15, in FM14. Because we paid our money for FM14, not FM15.

What are you trying to prove?

Argentinian premier league record scores IRL include 10-4 and 11-3. These were in 1970s but as recently a 2000 there have been two 6-6 draws, and your game includes a red cards on 45 mins!

OK Spanish result is weird, but not unthinkable.

EPL IRL includes 7-4, 6-4, 8-2, SPL IRL includes 6-6, Champions Leauge IRL includes 8-3, 9-0, 7-2

Can't find spanish or italian records

Edit - Dont start me on 36-0 in scotland or 79-0 and 67-0 in Nigeria ~~!~~~

I do not need to say much. If this is not a "glaring problem" as some of you put it, then I don't know what is. It is a problem flying in the face of the SI developers. It is a problem that exists not on its release, but almost six/seven months after its release. Sure, the developers here at SI are receptive and willing to listen, yet we demand actions. Fix it. Don't say there won't be any more patches, because we need more patches. One, two or three more patches until all the blatant issues are solved. That is the attitude I am talking about. I am not asking SI to fix problems which are based on vacuum, quite the contrary, they HAVE received plenty of complaints which have come before them with clear evidence. Now that they know there are problems (as I know they have admitted a few), it is time to fix them. No, not in FM15, in FM14. Because we paid our money for FM14, not FM15.

So much for your abandoning the thread...two unusual results is not "glaring problem". Best thing to do to try and prove this would be to gather all results for a season in a particular league, then see how many scorelines are "odd" (of course, that's subjective). If it's a large proportion of them, then that's a problem. If it isn't, then it's just football.

Don't say there won't be any more patches, because we need more patches

There isn't going to be any more patches, so if you're that annoyed by it all, don't play it and don't pay for the next one. Or put in an official complaint to SI. That would be a more advisable course of action than foot stomping on here. All you're doing here is sounding like a spoilt child.

Andu, you've uploaded your save I assume? If so, thanks for that. It might not be an easy fix though. The problem is that not everyone is having the same issue as you, so that already makes it difficult to fix. The best we (all of us, not just you) can do, is to upload more examples, if we see these problems, for SI to take a look at.

Argentinian premier league record scores IRL include 10-4 and 11-3. These were in 1970s but as recently a 2000 there have been two 6-6 draws, and your game includes a red cards on 45 mins!

Yeah, this can never be a matter of whether it happens at all, unless you demand there to be some kind of arbitrary rubber banding that kicks in when the score line is already high and which dictates that no more goals are being scored from that point on just because the score line is already that high (which I'd find a very bad thing to have in a game like this). But if it happens regularly. These are shots from different league and different match days. And then there is zero context taken into account. In the Boca game we see that they're down to ten men for an entire half, but in the other result there's no context provided whatsoever. Presuming these are AI matches, contrary to the many myths of a knows-it-all AI I've seen the AI going outright stupid tactics at least once (channeling all play bang through the middle and providing zero width against a human team dropping off and packing the middle), which could fuel into this. Apparently the AI fielding three at the back is under review.

Going into the ME bugs/feedback thread, there however appear to be a number of people that consider it out there when there are 5-2, 4-2 or 5-1 kind of results regularly. Depends on the league, but as for the Bundesliga I see those every weekend. That is the real Bundesliga. That's no gut feeling, you can check out scores online over the entire season yourself. On average football is a game of little goals, but some matches develop differently for different reasons. Some of those might be better presented by FM than others. For instance there's a reason why the dreaded matches against parking bus teams typically become a load easier when you manage to score that crucial early lead, or have finally managed to crack it up and carve it open. Corner exploits of previous releases played massively into this, which allowed the human player to score that crucial (opening) goal even when his entire approach else wasn't actually that good.

This is not feedback, but a small question (didn't want to open a new thread just for this).

Does it make a difference, if coach is from another country and therefore doesn't speak the language that majority of the players speak?

Meaning that will he perform worse until he learns the language?

One thing that I noticed, without looking further into it so this just a "glance" really, is that my own results were tight in the first half of the season. Few goals, careful opposition etc. Then, towards the end of the season I started scoring goals aplenty.

I then noticed that in many of those 4-0, 5-1, 6-2 results (especially away) that I got towards the end, the AI were obviously playing very attacking football from the start. Relegation candidates would desperately try to overpower me, playing straight into my counter tactic's strengths. The more goals I scored, the more desperate they got. They would start the matches that way, even on my home ground, obviously fired up and stressed out of their minds because they were shooting from everywhere and taking enormous risks going forward.

I found that odd. As if the AI ignored tactical approaches going into the match once it got to a certain point in the season.

Could there be a pre-programmed AI behaviour aimed at simulating "need points, NOW" pressure on the manager, resulting in over-the-top attacking football being employed in unrealistic circumstances? That could certainly cause 6-4 results and such.

EPL IRL includes 7-4, 6-4, 8-2, SPL IRL includes 6-6, Champions Leauge IRL includes 8-3, 9-0, 7-2

Can't find spanish or italian records

Edit - Dont start me on 36-0 in scotland or 79-0 and 67-0 in Nigeria ~~!~~~

I am not trying to prove anything , i was just trying to help SI by providing proof that there is still something wrong with the game engine of FM14.

Yes, i not arguing that crazy scorelines exists in real life, but the timeframe in which they happen is extremely rare. Which is not a case in FM 14 where you can have an 7-3 , 5-5 every single week in any major league/or competition if you play on full detail mode.

p.s It's not just that 2 results, i could fill an entire page with these results, i was just giving 2 examples

Also thanks for the support Biggus for noticing that many goals are scored when the AI is 2-3 goals behind they switch to suicidal mode( usually beyond 70th minute)

I found that odd. As if the AI ignored tactical approaches going into the match once it got to a certain point in the season.

Could there be a pre-programmed AI behaviour aimed at simulating "need points, NOW" pressure on the manager, resulting in over-the-top attacking football being employed in unrealistic circumstances? That could certainly cause 6-4 results and such.

Interesting theory.

You say 'ignored', implying fault. I say 'changed'.

I am not trying to prove anything , i was just trying to help SI by providing proof that there is still something wrong with the game engine of FM14.

Yes, i not arguing that crazy scorelines exists in real life, but the timeframe in which they happen is extremely rare. Which is not a case in FM 14 where you can have an 7-3 , 5-5 every single week in any major league/or competition if you play on full detail mode.

Ok, but you didn't provide proof of that.

Interesting theory.

You say 'ignored', implying fault. I say 'changed'.

Ignored, implying that they don't take the same care in the preparations for a match towards the end of a season as they do in the beginning.

Because "changed" implies that it is meant to be that way and therefore a realistic/sensible approach. Which in my case it clearly isn't.

Interesting theory by BiggusD for sure.

Regardless, unlike initial financial issues with third tier sides in Germany in FM 2008 which caused those sides never being able to even halfway cover their running costs, and similar, I don't know how an occasional "wild" result would break the game for anyone: In the end, there are no more than three points awarded for the winning side still and zero to the losing side, and the save continues, but then I respect that different people hold different standards. The biggest issue wouldn't be the results anyway, which could be considered mere "cosmetics" on their own (it is proven that the goal average is in no way unrealistic), but if there was an issue at the very least interrelated to AI tactical decision making, such as the one BiggusD suggested.

The proof is already with SI, not more i can do

Proof is there with the SI, he said. The problem was put before the SI. SI needs to respond, not by silence, but by coming up with a solution. High scoring is caused by something, which we aren't too sure what it is. It is no doubt a subject matter of investigation for SI, since it happens, admittedly, too often week in, week out. We don't know what is causing this, that is for the SI to investigate. What we have shown is that it happens far too often to make it "unrealistic". It happening in the real world is besides the point. The point is that it happens on weekly basis. Is it the problem with the defence? Perhaps the defenders aren't closing down properly? Or that tackles aren't properly reflecting the skill level that appears on player profiles? We do not know. It is for SI to take a look, and fix it as and when they note a problem.

I know this is a bug, but no sure which part of the bugs forum to post this in, so I will post here and hope someone will point me in the right direction.

I have just finished my 2nd season as Wolves manager and got promoted to the PL, however, it is now the 2nd June game time and my players have not gone on holiday yet and I have not done the end of season meeting. The board have done the initial budgets etc, but no squad holiday. Has this happened to anyone else?

I know this is a bug, but no sure which part of the bugs forum to post this in, so I will post here and hope someone will point me in the right direction.

I have just finished my 2nd season as Wolves manager and got promoted to the PL, however, it is now the 2nd June game time and my players have not gone on holiday yet and I have not done the end of season meeting. The board have done the initial budgets etc, but no squad holiday. Has this happened to anyone else?

Try this one: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/369-All-Other-Issues

I had this happen on an earlier FM. I just played through it got to season start, and then next season it worked fine. I didn't notice any real bad effects, but it was annoying as I wanted m holiday :)

Try this one: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/369-All-Other-Issues

I had this happen on an earlier FM. I just played through it got to season start, and then next season it worked fine. I didn't notice any real bad effects, but it was annoying as I wanted m holiday :)

Thanks a lot mate, im still playing the game, just thought i had better report it. I still have all my friendlies etc set, the only problem is players getting training injuries. I can work through that though.

For the next FM, I'd like to see some variation in the news item when a player makes his debut. Right now, unless he's played a blinder you get the same, dull message about there being a 'sense of intrigue around the club' for every player. A wee bit variation would be nice there.

Archived