Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

What's the official reason for no more patches?

We are paying customers and if the game needs to be fixed then it should be fixed simple as!!

Where does it say there will be categorically no more patches for the game?

I don't know if this would be the case in real life, but a player I signed from Brazil had already moved clubs in the current season (2021). I signed him in time for the 2021-2022 season in Europe and now he is banned from all competitions for a year. At the age of 22, that is a career-ruining move that would never happen in real life even if an European club actually did put in a bid not knowing the rules (or noticing/realizing the consequences). The player's agent would know, though, and the player would likely not want a global ban hanging over him instead of playing football where he is. Like other global bans or very long-term injuries, this is something that should result in a big, red, pulsating neon sign across the entire player profile of the scout report. He is in fact the worst signing possible!

I would presume that the Brazilian 2021 season and the European season ending in 2022 are two different years, just like when you start the game with the 2013/14 season you start in January 2013 which is in the middle of the 2012/13 season in Europe.

I bought the editor, but it seems like there is no way to fix this.

That's always been the case. There used to be a warning message saying that he would not be able to play games, (I'm sure that's not a figment of my imagination).

The warning message is still there, it's in the top right corner of the transfer offer screen.

I'll see if we can change the font to make it bolder & for the colour to be changed to Red as unless you are being very attentive I can see how someone might not give it all that much attention.

The move might also be an issue. BiggusD, if you still have a save file before making the offer can you start a thread over in the bugs forum as I'd like to take a look at why the player or his agent agreed to the move.

This update has made the football much more unpredictable & lots of annoying things happen, which is realistic. I like that part of the update. I do think that goalkeepers have become ridiculously good at random points but I can personally live with that. My players seem to score more from long range screamers rather than an easy chance they're getting because of a genius save.

The main drawback for me is something I've posted one or two times already in this thread but gets followed by a series of pointless posts criticising the statistical averages of shots on goal/goals for/goals against/(penalties?! ridiculous). It's the defending I dislike. Really emphasising an intense pressing game to your team just seems impossible & it's depriving me of implementing the style of football I want my team to play, which is more important for me personally than the results. I've tried every mentality/fluidity. The closing down is just so dull to watch. And when opponents easily get past our first line of dull pressure & are building play in our half of the pitch, we become a glorified parked-bus. The defensive line aren't aggressive enough in stepping up, even though you have all the obvious TI's which should really emphasise playing a very high line. Considering the amount of teams which play this way in modern football; & it's not just the top teams; it's annoying you can't achieve it at all on this game.

Also I just wanted to check that cross going in too much and hitting the woodwork way too much was a known issue? Just so I don't need to start uploading data

Also I just wanted to check that cross going in too much and hitting the woodwork way too much was a known issue? Just so I don't need to start uploading data

Shhh! Don't mention woodwork again!

Yes, it was acknowledged as an issue by Tony Fallows yesterday.

I thought I would make a point of this, cos woodwork incidents are beyond boring now. I decided to gather some data from 25 competitive matches in the Northern Irish 3rd tier and various cups against all kinds of teams in that country.

My findings:

- Human team: 18 woods in 25 = 0.72 per match

- AI teams: 10 woods in 25 = 0.4 per match

- Overall: 28 woods in 25 matches = 1.12 per match!!! Incredible!

- 2 matches with 4 woods

- 1 match with 3 woods

- 3 matches with 2 woods

- 8 matches with 1 wood

- 9 matches with 0 woods

I really doubt that these stats are true to life. I'd even bet money if i was a gambler.

All we keep hearing is that "it wont be fixed" or "no more patches" etc. Well why? Just make the shots go over or wide? It doesnt make it totally unplayable but it is so annoying! The problem is that is doesnt give an accurate representation(compared to real life) of how effective the chances are that you're creating, how accurate the shooting is etc. It just feels like another tactic to keep the scores down like super-keepers or CCC's/one-on-ones being shot straight at the keeper. This was never a problem on finished ME's in previous FM's, at least not the ones I played anyway.

Also have a good feeling that 95% of the goals i see from my team and the AI are all from inside the area. If not its a free-kick from the edge of the area. No Steven Gerrard "Kop screamers" on here.

OK, Im not back to argue!

Ive been looking more at this. On OptaJoes Facebook page he mentioned that last season in the PL there were 265 woods in the 380 games = 0.69/0.7 per game. OK the stat is correct.

I looked at a full round of prem games on my save and there were 7 woods in the 10 games, one game had 4. 0.7 per game

Looked at 20 recent games from the Skrill South and it was 0.75 per game, NI Championship 2 it was 0.8 per game.

The league wood stats from my league games is overall 1.00 per game(across 18). 0.611 per game from my team and 0.389 per game from the AI. 1 per game is still way too high so I do wonder if it a league issue? might not be.

The PL stat seems to be accurate in Feb 14 so I dont think that a few seasons are needed to see this properly. Some leagues seem a bit out.

Like I said: Im not looking to argue. Is it poss that it could be league specific? If I see no more woods in my 12 remaining league games it will average about 0.775

Goob, just to be clear, you mean that your team averages 0.611 woodwork hits per game while all other AI teams average 0.389? Or do you mean your AI opponents average 0.389 per game when playing against you?

I'm conceding lots of penalties at defensive corners and free-kicks.

Anyone else seeing this?

[Edit]

Can I just qualify that my saying that it's not a complaint because I think it's realistic. It's an improvement imo but I've only just noticed it.

I'm waaaay top of the yellow cards list, (tactics related), so I should expect to also concede penalties.

Unfortunately, there is a team penalties stat, but not a team penalties conceded stat. Very strange.

[Edit2]

Mmmmm. Surprisingly there is also not a stat for GK pens faced/conceded.

There are the following stats available on the squad page.

Penalties.

Penalties scored.

Penalties scored ratio.

On the player stats page we have...

Penalties scored/taken/ratio.

But there is nothing from a GK point of view.

Am I missing these somehwere? :confused:

OK, Im not back to argue!

Ive been looking more at this. On OptaJoes Facebook page he mentioned that last season in the PL there were 265 woods in the 380 games = 0.69/0.7 per game. OK the stat is correct.

I looked at a full round of prem games on my save and there were 7 woods in the 10 games, one game had 4. 0.7 per game

Looked at 20 recent games from the Skrill South and it was 0.75 per game, NI Championship 2 it was 0.8 per game.

The league wood stats from my league games is overall 1.00 per game(across 18). 0.611 per game from my team and 0.389 per game from the AI. 1 per game is still way too high so I do wonder if it a league issue? might not be.

The PL stat seems to be accurate in Feb 14 so I dont think that a few seasons are needed to see this properly. Some leagues seem a bit out.

Like I said: Im not looking to argue. Is it poss that it could be league specific? If I see no more woods in my 12 remaining league games it will average about 0.775

The problem happens when our team is a dominant force in a league and europe like my Barcelona save for example. I have ever counted my average woodwork before in patch 14.2.2 and it was 1.32 per game for my team alone and slightly less in 14.3. That is ridiculous. Please do not give me logic that the more dominating a team is the more woodwork they will hit, it is simply a flawed logic as what happens with Liverpool last season.

Goob, just to be clear, you mean that your team averages 0.611 woodwork hits per game while all other AI teams average 0.389? Or do you mean your AI opponents average 0.389 per game when playing against you?

Against me. these are wood stats from our league games and no AI v AI

OK, thanks. In this case take the Liverpool example provided earlier. They hit the woodwork 33 times in 38 Premier League matches. Presuming that their opponents also hit the woodwork an average amount then woodwork hits in their matches would have been well over 1.0 per match, which would be above the divisional average.

The warning message is still there, it's in the top right corner of the transfer offer screen.

I'll see if we can change the font to make it bolder & for the colour to be changed to Red as unless you are being very attentive I can see how someone might not give it all that much attention.

The move might also be an issue. BiggusD, if you still have a save file before making the offer can you start a thread over in the bugs forum as I'd like to take a look at why the player or his agent agreed to the move.

It would be better if the scout would deem the player as an excellent signing as usual, but the transfer as a half-star recommendation - and likewise with "personal reason" unavilability and long-term injuries. That would stand out more. One of the statistics in the main player profile could have this message, in red, in addition to the message in the transfer offer page, because the user's interest shouldn't get as far as an offer in the first place.

I'll make a thread and all that in the bugs forum later tonight.

OK, thanks. In this case take the Liverpool example provided earlier. They hit the woodwork 33 times in 38 Premier League matches. Presuming that their opponents also hit the woodwork an average amount then woodwork hits in their matches would have been well over 1.0 per match, which would be above the divisional average.

Even though the statistics are reasonably realistic, I think that 5+ woodwork/superkeeper occurences (in one match) strangely coincide in a period of time and with what I deem signs of poor form. Can you confirm that woodwork hits and (true) CCC misses are related to confidence and/or the "frustrated" body language?

Im aware of the Liverpool situation last year. Apparently they have hit the wood 19 times this season too? A bit freakish though.

It all still just grates on me and doesnt seem right. Every game to have a shot clunking off the wood. I always said that 0.1 per game was right from my experience but obviously the stats prove otherwise and maybe need to re-think my opinion on it.

I mention the league specific because a lot of obscure leagues have not been updated in depth for a number of years in terms of players. Apparently there was a guy from Sweden saying that the Swedish leagues had been untouched for a while and players were at the wrong club and that he had even found 3 dead players!!! Some players in NI dont even have positions defined and are randomly assigned one to fill in gaps in the default squad. This all leaves me wondering about the amount of randomisation in obscure leagues and whether the high wood ratio has anything to do with it?

The problem with hitting the woodwork is not just the amount of times it happens but it seems to be mostly from crosses. Nearly every other game i see one of my wingers/full backs cross the ball and it comes off the woodwork and goes out of play.

Now how often irl do you see a player crossing the ball and it coming off the bar/post?

Nowhere near as often as in this game.

The problem with hitting the woodwork is not just the amount of times it happens but it seems to be mostly from crosses. Nearly every other game i see one of my wingers/full backs cross the ball and it comes off the woodwork and goes out of play.

Now how often irl do you see a player crossing the ball and it coming off the bar/post?

Nowhere near as often as in this game.

Been mentioned and acknowledged as an issue by SI in this very thread.

We've had 3 major updates, as has been the case with every FM edition for a long time now. A line has to be drawn somewhere to start focusing on FM15.

And that's why I'm not buying 15.

Sorry but if this patch is the last for FM 14, then it certainly feels far from finished. Very disappointed in the ME. Still see strikers shooting straight at the keeper, wingers shooting instead of crossing, opposing wingers running rings around defenders regardless of attributes, defenders just standing off attackers despite tackle harder instructions. All these have spoilt the game for me. The ME just doesn't feel intuitive enough.

And that's why I'm not buying 15.

Despite buying FM14 on release day, I went almost immediately back to FM13 until the (presumably) final patch came out the other week. I've already gone back to FM13 and will stay with it.

Before FM13 was fully patched (during which time I'd had to go back to FM12) we were assured the ME overhaul was necessary as the previous ME was just too limited and generally not up to it. Odd, because prior to this it was, apparently, just your tactics. It seems the ME did have its faults after all.

I looked forward to FM14 on the assumption that it would be a mature, fully formed version of fully patched FM13.

But lo! Another overhaul!

I've said it before but this time I'll try and stick to it - I won't be getting FM15 until the final patch or positive feedback on here. I had all of four sessions on FM14 for the money I paid for it.

It would be better if the scout would deem the player as an excellent signing as usual, but the transfer as a half-star recommendation - and likewise with "personal reason" unavilability and long-term injuries. That would stand out more. One of the statistics in the main player profile could have this message, in red, in addition to the message in the transfer offer page, because the user's interest shouldn't get as far as an offer in the first place.

I'll make a thread and all that in the bugs forum later tonight.

Sticking on the scout report wouldn't really work as they are kept.

What happens if he can't play on the day of the report but could the following day/7 days/a month later?

Despite buying FM14 on release day, I went almost immediately back to FM13 until the (presumably) final patch came out the other week. I've already gone back to FM13 and will stay with it.

Before FM13 was fully patched (during which time I'd had to go back to FM12) we were assured the ME overhaul was necessary as the previous ME was just too limited and generally not up to it. Odd, because prior to this it was, apparently, just your tactics. It seems the ME did have its faults after all.

I looked forward to FM14 on the assumption that it would be a mature, fully formed version of fully patched FM13.

But lo! Another overhaul!

I've said it before but this time I'll try and stick to it - I won't be getting FM15 until the final patch or positive feedback on here. I had all of four sessions on FM14 for the money I paid for it.

Not think maybe it would've been more sensible to try out the free demo before you bought given your misgivings about the previous version? Unfortunate you didn't enjoy it, but they've got a fully featured demo there for a reason.

Can someone from SI categorically say that there will be no more updates for Football Manager 2014?

They can't categorically say, but they've said a few times in this topic that no updates have been planned, unless there is something absolutely broken that absolutely needs a hotfix. And we're talking the game not running kind of seriousness.

Not think maybe it would've been more sensible to try out the free demo before you bought given your misgivings about the previous version? Unfortunate you didn't enjoy it, but they've got a fully featured demo there for a reason.

There seemed to be a consensus around release day and after that the demo was a vastly superior product to the retail version. I remember people saying they were going to stop play FM14 and go back to the demo.

The biggest issues that I've experienced with this patch and i think derserve to be corrected before FM 15 are:

1. Transfers - buying and selling needs to be way more realistic than it is in the game. (Transfer listing players for £0 and you will sometimes get no offers at all + buying players needs to be easier.

I can offer clubs £150 million for players valued at 30 - 40 million and they still wont be interested (not rival clubs either).

A big part of peoples fun in playing the game is offloading the players you don't want and building your ideal squad. When your getting peanuts for your players or no offers at all then that makes it very difficult for you to sign the players you want.

2. Too many shots/crosses hitting the woodwork (mainly from crosses in my case)

3. Unrealistic number of offside goals.

4. Too many yellow/red cards, seems i'm guaranteed at least one yellow card every game (no it's not my tactics) and this doesn't happen very often irl.

5. Strikers still missing too many one on ones and although it doesn't seem as bad as in the previous patch it still happens too frquently.

6. Full backs seems to let wingers/IF's run past tem too easily and seem helpless to through balls aswell.

7. Players retiring way too young.

Signed Robben on a free at 31 and he retired a week or two later without ever having played a game for me. I've seen other big name players retiring at 32, 33 aswell.

If the reason some of these are retiring is due to injuries then I think that should be taken out of the game. It doesn't happen often irl and I can't see the benefit of it being in the game. I don't think people will get any enjoyment of seeing players retiring at a young ages due to injuries.

The biggest issues that I've experienced with this patch and i think derserve to be corrected before FM 15 are:

1. Transfers - buying and selling needs to be way more realistic than it is in the game. (Transfer listing players for £0 and you will sometimes get no offers at all + buying players needs to be easier.

I can offer clubs £150 million for players valued at 30 - 40 million and they still wont be interested (not rival clubs either).

A big part of peoples fun in playing the game is offloading the players you don't want and building your ideal squad. When your getting peanuts for your players or no offers at all then that makes it very difficult for you to sign the players you want.

2. Too many shots/crosses hitting the woodwork (mainly from crosses in my case)

4. Too many yellow/red cards, seems i'm guaranteed at least one yellow card every game (no it's not my tactics) and this doesn't happen very often irl.

5. Strikers still missing too many one on ones and although it doesn't seem as bad as in the previous patch it still happens too frquently.

6. Full backs seems to let wingers/IF's run past tem too easily and seem helpless to through balls aswell.

Signed Robben on a free at 31 and he retired a week or two later without ever having played a game for me. I've seen other big name players retiring at 32, 33 aswell.

If the reason some of these are retiring is due to injuries then I think that should be taken out of the game. It doesn't happen often irl and I can't see the benefit of it being in the game. I don't think people will get any enjoyment of seeing players retiring at a young ages due to injuries.

for yellow cards at least one a game is the norm for premiership and that was for the team with the lowest amount.

Premier League cards last season till january

Team Yellows Reds Games

Arsenal 19 2 21

Southampton 20 0 21

Norwich City 21 0 22

Fulham 22 1 22

Reading 26 0 22

Chelsea 28 2 21

Liverpool 31 2 22

Sunderland 32 0 22

Tottenham Hotspur 32 2 22

Queens Park Rangers 32 2 22

Everton 34 2 22

West Bromwich Albion 35 1 22

Manchester City 35 3 22

Manchester United 36 0 22

Wigan Athletic 38 2 22

Aston Villa 39 2 22

Swansea City 39 2 22

Newcastle United 43 2 22

West Ham United 44 1 21

Stoke City 45 3 22

taken from http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/46633/arsenal-v-swansea-city

You're right. There's normally more than one yellow card per team per game in real life. Not really thought that one through I'm afraid.

I said at least. It's more than often 2 or 3 but always at least 1.

Show us the league stats for yellow cards from your league then, and we'll see if it's considerably higher than in real life.

What i'm saying is irl there are games that go by with no yellow cards while on this game that's a very rare ocurrence.

What about the other points I brought up, whats your opinion on them?

I think SI have done this on purpose. It was too easy to make money before and what we have now, while not as enjoyable, is closer to reality. I would have suggested that they ease us into it rather than throwing us in at the deep end as they have done, but it's done now and while it will probably be tweaked, this new style of transfer market is not going away, (and I for one am glad). I like it.

2. Too many shots/crosses hitting the woodwork (mainly from crosses in my case).

I think the issue here is not that the woodwork is hit too often, (it is, but only very slightly), but how the woodwork is hit. It's the crosses that hit the woodwork that rile people, (I think). Remove them and you remove the issue, (but then we won't be hitting the woodwork enough).

Not seeing this at all. In fact if I was asked for a comment on this I would say it was quite the opposite. (Unless of course you mean goals which appear to be offside on the 3d match engine but which were allowed to stand?) Is that what you mean?

You are guaranteed one yellow card every game? I can't ever remember going to a competitive game where at least 1 yellow was not shown.

No way. The game has been dumbed down enough as it is. There is no problem scoring 1v1's or goals from outside the box, or goals from anywhere. Please tell me you don't need to make it easier to score. :(

Yeah, they do seem to drop to single digit IQ's.

Can't say I have experienced this at all.

I don't agree. I can think of lots of players who have had retired early, (and high profile one's at that).

Dean Ashton 25.

Rob Jones 27.

Nakata 29.

Fabrice Muamba 24.

GK's Baardsen and Supple. (before 25).

Eric Cantona 30.

Curtis Woodhouse 26.

Lionel Morgan is a really famous one for FM players. I think he was only about 21 at the time.

Ledley King 31.

Now these are just one's that i can think of off the top of my head, (and obviously doesn't include those that have died).

If it happens in real life then it should be replicated in the game. :thup:

I think SI have done this on purpose. It was too easy to make money before and what we have now, while not as enjoyable, is closer to reality. I would have suggested that they ease us into it rather than throwing us in at the deep end as they have done, but it's done now and while it will probably be tweaked, this new style of transfer market is not going away, (and I for one am glad). I like it.

Closer to Reality!!! Are you serious!?!?

Not getting offers for Man Utd players listed at £0... Not getting offers accepted for players valued at £30 - £40 million when offering 3 - 4 times as much? Yeeeehhhh that's very realistic you're right.

Where did I say I was having trouble scoring goals???? I said strikers still miss too many one on ones that they would bury irl.

Not getting offers for Man Utd players listed at £0

Which club is going to want a player who will likely be on very high wages, even for nothing, if they don't need to sign him.

Again, you're looking at this from only one angle. I've had a couple of Sunderland saves on this game so far, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't shift Wes Brown, even on a free. Initially you might think there would be a number of Championship clubs who would jump at the chance of someone of his experience, but he's on about 60k a week. The clubs who can afford that certainly won't want him, which leaves clubs that can't afford him. So no-one bids. It's annoying when you're trying to get someone off the wage bill, but it's more realistic than some AI team signing him on a free for about 5k a week. Means you need to be more creative in your squad building, which is a huge improvement as it's far too easy otherwise.

Far too many goals....Italian league as well..normally tighter...I'm seeing 3-6, 7-3, 4-4, 5-3,0-6 and 4 and 5 1s by the bucketload..

Still can't get over an 8-5 Europa League game I seen between Chelsea and Roma...

I have analysed one season of playing in the Italian League and have noticed the AI teams have more favourable conversion rates of ccc's

Teams scoring 4,5,6 regularly with maybe the same ccc's or sometimes even less...

I don't understand when I play these teams I can outpass, outplay and create far more scoring opportunities but my players can't seem to score...

Too many Reserve or youth players coming for a chat to get a loan move..

Too many rejected transfer bids followed by agents asking for improved contract...

Had one 5star PA where I got loads of loan offers which I keep rejecting but finally gave in and loaned him to Norwich where he didnt even get to play one match! Was a valuable first team member in the loan agreement..

This is so true. The amount of goals is crazy. 0-0 result is more rare than 5+ goals in matches.

Also it is quite sad the devs don't pay enough attention to less popular leagues. Polish league fixtures were mentioned in bugs forum several times and they are just as broken as it is possible.

If this is the final patch then it is not what I hoped for with this edition.

Closer to Reality!!! Are you serious!?!?

Not getting offers for Man Utd players listed at £0... Not getting offers accepted for players valued at £30 - £40 million when offering 3 - 4 times as much? Yeeeehhhh that's very realistic you're right.

Let me try and explain why I think it's more realistic.

First of all it's because there is now in FM so much more to signing a player, (in financial terms at least), than paying the club the fee, and agreeing a weekly wage. The game now includes signing on bonus', agents fees and a multitude of add-ons.

As a result, if you have £10M to spend, then out of that £10M has to come the purchase price, the wages for the player over his contract, (because remember that wages and transfer fees come from the same pot now), signing on bonus, agents fees etc etc etc.

So if you buy a player for £5M but you have to give him £1.6M in a signing on fee and the agent wants a £1.2M fee and you offer him a deal on £50k per week, (that's £2,6M per year), well that's you already overspent at £10.4M.

I agree that it's not quite right yet, (I understand that there are issues in Scandinavian leagues where they are unable to sign players on a fee or something, but the financial model that is at the crux of this years release is brilliant.

Part of the problem selling players is that with larger databases there are so many free options available. Why would you throw money away on an expensive sigining? Also of consideration is the wages that will be asked by these "free" Man Utd siginings.

I've never managed Man Utd and my game is in 2026, but let's just have a look anyway.

De Gea. £130k per week = £6.76M per year.

Phil Jones. £130k per week = £6.76M per year.

Nick Powell. £135k per week = £7.02M per year.

Do you see what I mean? It's not that they are being listed for free that's the issue. It's that they will want similar wages. (or better), than you are currently paying them, and they also want a hefty signing on fee too. This money doesn't grow on trees and with FFP now in the game there has to be a balancing somewhere. You can still make money on the transfer market, (I make money most seasons now), but I have had the odd disaster too. For someone to get a good deal, someone also has to get a bad deal.

The AI has just got more I.

Which club is going to want a player who will likely be on very high wages, even for nothing, if they don't need to sign him.

Again, you're looking at this from only one angle. I've had a couple of Sunderland saves on this game so far, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't shift Wes Brown, even on a free. Initially you might think there would be a number of Championship clubs who would jump at the chance of someone of his experience, but he's on about 60k a week. The clubs who can afford that certainly won't want him, which leaves clubs that can't afford him. So no-one bids. It's annoying when you're trying to get someone off the wage bill, but it's more realistic than some AI team signing him on a free for about 5k a week. Means you need to be more creative in your squad building, which is a huge improvement as it's far too easy otherwise.

It just need to be more realistic. I've offered rooney out for £15 million valued at £35 million and no offers.. I've offered young out for £0 + not one offer. are you telling me as poor as young is no one would want him for free??

I'm not saying want it to be easier or harder just realistic.

The examples i've given and read from other posters prove it's just not realistic at all.

It just need to be more realistic. I've offered rooney out for £15 million valued at £35 million and no offers.. I've offered young out for £0 + not one offer. are you telling me as poor as young is no one would want him for free??

I'm not saying want it to be easier or harder just realistic.

The examples i've given and read from other posters prove it's just not realistic at all.

This has been discussed to death in various threads and not just this year either.

A) AI clubs DO NOT make offers unless they feel they have a genuine chance to sign a player.

B) In the first window at the start of a save teams have already spent their budget and more or less finalised their squads.

C) Database size can affect offers received if AI clubs can sign similar players on free transfers.

Lets look at Rooney yet again and at the bigger picture:

Who could he move to? Real, Barca, Bayern, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and maybe PSG.

Thats seven clubs in the gameworld that stand a chance of signing him at the start. Man City, Chelsea & Arsenal are league rivals so are unlikely to bid unless you make it obvious you want to sell and offering him out for nothing is not an instant fix to this. PSG are in a league with a significantly lower league rep which leaves Bayern, Barca & Real.

Can those three clubs afford him? Bayern have a fairly strict wage budget but Barca & Real could afford him.

Do they want him? can they guarantee him first team football? maybe, maybe not but his options are much more limited than you seem to think.

To try and compare this to real life, there are clubs all over the place going to the wall.

When Clough Jr was at Derby, he was tasked with reducing the wage bill by 66%.

I recently found out that Leeds still have a yearly wage bill of £15M. Forgetting what went on in the past with Leeds, (it just boggles the mind), they currently find themselves in exactly the same position that you find yourself in with Man Utd, (except that you are not in danger of going to the wall and can afford to pay the wages without running at a loss). Diouf and someone else have both been listed on a free, (in real life). but as Diouf has just over a year on a £10k per week contract, (that is flippin ridiculous!), then who is going to want to come and take him when they are then going to have to shell out a big signing on fee for the pleasure, (because he knows they are getting him for free). The transfer fee will still effectively be paid. It's just that in this case it will be paid to some scumbag player rather than an owning club.

Seriously Johnny, have you tried to sign many players on free's in the game? Do me a favour and before you comment anymore, go back to the game and have a look for the best player who you can find who is not at a club. Then offer him a trial at Man Utd. Then after he is there, make the initial move to open negotiations to signing him and then add up the cost of the wages he asks for and the bonus payments he wants and then the agent fee. Then consider that this bloke is effective a "Free" transfer. It won't seem very free I can tell you.

This is so true. The amount of goals is crazy. 0-0 result is more rare than 5+ goals in matches.

Also it is quite sad the devs don't pay enough attention to less popular leagues. Polish league fixtures were mentioned in bugs forum several times and they are just as broken as it is possible.

If this is the final patch then it is not what I hoped for with this edition.

Too many goals, naturally means more goals in every game making clean sheets harder to attain..

So I concede a lot more meaning ill have to score a lot more to win a game...which invariably means far more tinkering with tactics trying to get it right..

Too many goals, naturally means more goals in every game making clean sheets harder to attain..

So I concede a lot more meaning ill have to score a lot more to win a game...which invariably means far more tinkering with tactics trying to get it right..

If you're seeing very high scoring games regularly in your save, please create a thread in the bugs forum. SI would probably want to have a look at your save or the pkms to see why it is happening.

This has been discussed to death in various threads and not just this year either.

A) AI clubs DO NOT make offers unless they feel they have a genuine chance to sign a player.

B) In the first window at the start of a save teams have already spent their budget and more or less finalised their squads.

C) Database size can affect offers received if AI clubs can sign similar players on free transfers.

Who could he move to? Real, Barca, Bayern, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and maybe PSG.

Thats seven clubs in the gameworld that stand a chance of signing him at the start. Man City, Chelsea & Arsenal are league rivals so are unlikely to bid unless you make it obvious you want to sell and offering him out for nothing is not an instant fix to this. PSG are in a league with a significantly lower league rep which leaves Bayern, Barca & Real.

Can those three clubs afford him? Bayern have a fairly strict wage budget but Barca & Real could afford him.

Do they want him? can they guarantee him first team football? maybe, maybe not but his options are much more limited than you seem to think.

I've had offers from rival clubs for players who are not transfer listed so why wouldn't they think they have a chance of getting rooney If i'm offering him to clubs? That doesn't make any sense.

(A)

If Rooney was offered for £15 million who i do i realistically think would go for him and be able to afford his wage bill.

Barcelona

Real Madrid

PSG

Monaco

Bayern

Man City

Chelsea

(B)

Who do i think would gurantee him fist team football?

More or less all of them would..

Look whatever way you try and put it it's not realistic is it.. I'm not expecting bids from the likes of Southampton and hull, who we know wouldn't have a chance of paying his wage bill, i'm talking about the biggest clubs in europe.

Actually if anything it is you that is looking at it from 1 angle.

Regardless of the player and what he is on the player is being offered to every club (or at least he should be according to the message) in the world, while a player is on a high wage there should still be offers when the player is offered for free.

I say offers as maybe teams would come in for him but are only willing to offer half the wages, lets take Wes Brown for example.

He is on 60k, he is not wanted at the club and is getting no football, lets say QPR come in for him but will only pay 30k of the wage, you can then agree to pay his other 30k for the remainder of his contract.

This happens in real life.

Also there are a lot of good players I offer out that do not fit into my tactics, I offer them for 0 and get no offers, these are good players and in real life teams in the world would be interested and for free they would be falling over each other to get them.

The transfer system is flawed and needs some work.

If you're seeing very high scoring games regularly in your save, please create a thread in the bugs forum. SI would probably want to have a look at your save or the pkms to see why it is happening.

Ill do that...ill upload my Italy save as the goals is just madness...

Just started a Liverpool save and noticing similar scores...it really is ruining the game..

Ill do that...ill upload my Italy save as the goals is just madness...

Just started a Liverpool save and noticing similar scores...it really is ruining the game..

Just shout if you need any help. :thup:

I've had offers from rival clubs for players who are not transfer listed so why wouldn't they think they have a chance of getting rooney If i'm offering him to clubs? That doesn't make any sense.

(A)

If Rooney was offered for £15 million who i do i realistically think would go for him and be able to afford his wage bill.

Barcelona

Real Madrid

PSG

Monaco

Bayern

Man City

Chelsea

(B)

Who do i think would gurantee him fist team football?

More or less all of them would..

Look whatever way you try and put it it's not realistic is it.. I'm not expecting bids from the likes of Southampton and hull, who we know wouldn't have a chance of paying his wage bill, i'm talking about the biggest clubs in europe.