Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

You're arguing with yourself with that one though. The original post was complaining that the woodwork was being hit too much, and soak tests prove that, on average, that's not true. It doesn't begin to determine anything about what happened when the wood was hit, and they've never claimed it does. It's another argument really.

Who am I arguing with? I'm saying that it probably seems higher than it actually is because of the manner in which it happens. If you see something abnormal once a match and you see something normal once a match, what do you think will stick in your memory?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Target men are extremely effective weapons when used correctly. I can't remember any FM where they have worked so well tbh. And as I always play with a big fella up front, that suits me. If you're playing in the dumps like me, sign Michael Cheek. He's a beast.

May I ask how you play him? I've got Carroll, Downing, Jarvis and Nolan and can't hit a cows backside with a banjo!!

May I ask how you play him? I've got Carroll, Downing, Jarvis and Nolan and can't hit a cows backside with a banjo!![/quote

I also use a target man, Cardozo got me well over a goal a game in my Benfica seasons, and Lukaku isn't far off now I'm at Liverpool. I play 4231 with 2 inside forwards and it seems to do the business.

On another note, not that I've read it all, I haven't seen anyone mention missed headers leading to one on ones, as I'm finding this to be my biggest issue with the match engine. I have world class defenders and they're seem to completely misjudge the flight of the ball far too often. Still think overall the patch has been a big improvement though.

What's the official reason for no more patches?

We are paying customers and if the game needs to be fixed then it should be fixed simple as!!

We've had 3 major updates, as has been the case with every FM edition for a long time now. A line has to be drawn somewhere to start focusing on FM15.

Don't you think this is the reason you're hitting the woodwork more? You're top of the league, so most likely you're having more possession, more shots and more crosses. So you have a lot more opportunity to hit the woodwork than the AI.

I apologize but I do not get your logic about a top team who have most of the possession, more crosses and shots will automatically hit woodwork at a ridiculous average of time, it does not make sense if we compare what happen to real life. In the case of Liverpool in 2012/2013 they hit the woodwork 33 times in 38 matches in a league (an average of 0.83/ game) and they were not even a top 4 team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1656665-liverpool-why-do-the-reds-hit-the-woodwork-so-often

I think it is just a pure luck and it has nothing to do with how dominating a certain team in a league. I do not remember Man Utd team under Ferguson hit the woodwork so much, even the Real Madrid team under Mourinho who broke goalscoring record 2/3 season ago.

Yes this is not a deal breaker bug but it is a glaring bug and I have already posted in the feedback forum before for 14.2.2 patch where I average more than 1.2 woodwork per game just for my team and it does not seem much difference with this latest patch, maybe a little less.

It seems like the ME logic dictates that the more dominating your team is the more woodwork you will hit, correct me if I am wrong. If it is right then the logic is flawed.

Now you mention that soak test indicates that the woodwork average is just slightly higher than real life, may I know how is the soak test done?

I apologize but I do not get your logic about a top team who have most of the possession, more crosses and shots will automatically hit woodwork at a ridiculous average of time, it does not make sense if we compare what happen to real life. In the case of Liverpool in 2012/2013 they hit the woodwork 33 times in 38 matches in a league (an average of 0.83/ game) and they were not even a top 4 team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1656665-liverpool-why-do-the-reds-hit-the-woodwork-so-often

I think it is just a pure luck and it has nothing to do with how dominating a certain team in a league. I do not remember Man Utd team under Ferguson hit the woodwork so much, even the Real Madrid team under Mourinho who broke goalscoring record 2/3 season ago.

Yes this is not a deal breaker bug but it is a glaring bug and I have already posted in the feedback forum before for 14.2.2 patch where I average more than 1.2 woodwork per game just for my team and it does not seem much difference with this latest patch, maybe a little less.

It seems like the ME logic dictates that the more dominating your team is the more woodwork you will hit, correct me if I am wrong. If it is right then the logic is flawed.

Now you mention that soak test indicates that the woodwork average is just slightly higher than real life, may I know who is the soak test done?

I did make a general assumption that because he's top, he'd have more possession, shots and crosses. Golden Boot didn't correct me, so I assume that was right.

I said that is why he hits the woodwork MORE than via AI, naturally because he has more of the ball.

It's hardly ridiculous, because his woodwork hits per game was 0.64 which is lower than real life.

Can't answer the last part as it wasn't me who mentioned it.

I did make a general assumption that because he's top, he'd have more possession, shots and crosses. Golden Boot didn't correct me, so I assume that was right.

I said that is why he hits the woodwork MORE than via AI, naturally because he has more of the ball.

It's hardly ridiculous, because his woodwork hits per game was 0.64 which is lower than real life.

Can't answer the last part as it wasn't me who mentioned it.

Yeah 0.64 is low, I accept that. But again having more woodwork because a team have more ball than other teams is not logical like Liverpool example and they were hardly dominating, it is down to luck! For EPL this year I do not remember Liverpool hitting as much woodwork as before so again it is LUCK and they actually perform better this year. In conclusion woodwork hit has nothing to do with how dominating a team is. More dominating does not mean more woodwork and vice versa!

Look I do not mean to shoot you down or anything like that, this is a feedback thread and I believe a constructive debate is required.

Yeah 0.64 is low, I accept that. But again having more woodwork because a team have more ball than other teams is not logical like Liverpool example and they were hardly dominating, it is down to luck! For EPL this year I do not remember Liverpool hitting as much woodwork as before so again it is LUCK and they actually perform better this year. In conclusion woodwork hit has nothing to do with how dominating a team is. More dominating does not mean more woodwork and vice versa!

Look I do not mean to shoot you down or anything like that, this is a feedback thread and I believe a constructive debate is required.

I am sure there are a lot of factors involved. As I said, I made a general assumption as to me it is more about the shots/woodwork ratio.

Don't forget, 0.7 woodwork hits per hand is an average. So naturally some will have a higher ratio and some will have a lower one.

May I ask how you play him? I've got Carroll, Downing, Jarvis and Nolan and can't hit a cows backside with a banjo!![/quote

I also use a target man, Cardozo got me well over a goal a game in my Benfica seasons, and Lukaku isn't far off now I'm at Liverpool. I play 4231 with 2 inside forwards and it seems to do the business.

On another note, not that I've read it all, I haven't seen anyone mention missed headers leading to one on ones, as I'm finding this to be my biggest issue with the match engine. I have world class defenders and they're seem to completely misjudge the flight of the ball far too often. Still think overall the patch has been a big improvement though.

TM attack or support and with two CM's or DM's if you don't mind me asking?

I'm very disappointed that this is the last patch...

Far too many goals....Italian league as well..normally tighter...I'm seeing 3-6, 7-3, 4-4, 5-3,0-6 and 4 and 5 1s by the bucketload..

Still can't get over an 8-5 Europa League game I seen between Chelsea and Roma...

I have analysed one season of playing in the Italian League and have noticed the AI teams have more favourable conversion rates of ccc's

Teams scoring 4,5,6 regularly with maybe the same ccc's or sometimes even less...

I don't understand when I play these teams I can outpass, outplay and create far more scoring opportunities but my players can't seem to score...

Opposing manager press conference always picks out weak link in my team who never even plays in my 1st team or gets on my bench..

Too many red cards for two bookable offences after about 25 mins...I had one player sent off 3 times in his first few games of the season!

Crosses and corners that hit the crossbar or go straight out of play

Too many woodwork and offside goals seen..

Teams with money eg PSG, Chelsea buying too many players

If you have any quality players nearly all of them are wanted at end of season and you spend off-season rejecting bids galore..unrealistic..

Too many Reserve or youth players coming for a chat to get a loan move..

Too many rejected transfer bids followed by agents asking for improved contract...

Had one 5star PA where I got loads of loan offers which I keep rejecting but finally gave in and loaned him to Norwich where he didnt even get to play one match! Was a valuable first team member in the loan agreement..

Teams with greyed out players hard to beat...I beat Barcelona in Champions League and followed it up with two defeats to Amkar who had just 4 players with the rest being grey..

Morale drops too quickly and can go from superb to poor within a couple of matches..

Forward players shooting wild from distance when instructed not too or when players are in better positions for a cross..World class strikers with high finishing attributes..shoot from terrible angles when they could run on or take time and place shot..

Tactics with 100% fluidity doesn't seem t have any effect on performance..neither does buying better quality players

A 4star goalkeeper concedes just as much as 2 star one..

At least two or three players becoming jaded very early in the season..

Also a solid tactic which has done well eg going unbeaten for 20/30 games can suddenly fall apart..I had a 4-0 defeat thrust upon me out if nowhere..after that draws and defeats and the same players couldn't string a pass together..

Winning a trophy gets very little joy out of players or the board..all that effort and there is very little reward or sense of achievement...

"The board always expected to win x competition and wants celebrations kept to a minimum to focus on future"

I can't believe after all these years this phrase is still in!!

If you win a title when you were expected to achieve continental qualification..you are expected to win it the following season..unrealistic pressure..

Also noticed board annoyed if I have lost to a bigger teams.

Board also disappointed with high profile signings even though I'd spent about £120 million in two years..

Assistant manger team talk recommendations are terrible..I have lost to Barcelona, PSG etc with Ajax and the ass man tells me to make it crystal clear that losing these matches is unacceptable?!

Conceding goals from crosses seems v hard to cut out..

Players don't want to go on loan to feeder club..even if they are not getting any first team football or they are a youth prospect..

Head of Youth development makes insulting contract offers for young players i have had a bid accepted on..

Dominating possession and 20 shots with 6 ccc's isn't enough to get one goal...opponent needs just once chance...seen it countless times...

This was frustrating...

Napoli (me) just had 60% poss at home with 5 ccc's at Halftime...Genoa didnt have one shot...I lost 3-0 by Fulltime after I said I was happy with how they were playing...

I have analysed one season of playing in the Italian League and have noticed the AI teams have more favourable conversion rates of ccc's

Teams scoring 4,5,6 regularly with maybe the same ccc's or sometimes even less...

I don't understand when I play these teams I can outpass, outplay and create far more scoring opportunities but my players can't seem to score...

The AI do not get favourable anything.

Napoli (me) just had 60% poss at home with 5 ccc's at Halftime...Genoa didnt have one shot...I lost 3-0 by Fulltime after I said I was happy with how they were playing...

You were happy with how they were playing, despite them having many chances and not scoring, despite dominating possession?

Target men are extremely effective weapons when used correctly. I can't remember any FM where they have worked so well tbh. And as I always play with a big fella up front, that suits me. If you're playing in the dumps like me, sign Michael Cheek. He's a beast.

I can vouch for this, 15 in 19 league game for Ricky Lambert as a supporting target man :cool:

(just dont tell MLG im doing a Southampton game)

I don't know if this would be the case in real life, but a player I signed from Brazil had already moved clubs in the current season (2021). I signed him in time for the 2021-2022 season in Europe and now he is banned from all competitions for a year. At the age of 22, that is a career-ruining move that would never happen in real life even if an European club actually did put in a bid not knowing the rules (or noticing/realizing the consequences). The player's agent would know, though, and the player would likely not want a global ban hanging over him instead of playing football where he is. Like other global bans or very long-term injuries, this is something that should result in a big, red, pulsating neon sign across the entire player profile of the scout report. He is in fact the worst signing possible!

I would presume that the Brazilian 2021 season and the European season ending in 2022 are two different years, just like when you start the game with the 2013/14 season you start in January 2013 which is in the middle of the 2012/13 season in Europe.

I bought the editor, but it seems like there is no way to fix this.

After 31 league games my Arsenal side have only got 11 yellow card's all season, and no red's. I've always had low amounts of yellow cards in most save's and over different versions of FM(maybe a managerial style?), but this must be an all time low for me.

Man Utd on the other hand are no1 with 72 yellow's, but after just beating them 2-0 and injuring two of my player's, Moyes says he's going to have word with his player's. Not sure if I believe him.

What appears to be the issue with the Finnish leagues?

AI is unable to sign free Players. After couple of season all teams with tiny budgets or semipro status looks like youth teams. I easily win every game if I field senior players. Same problem in Sweden too especially in divisions under Swedish Premier League.

I don't know if this would be the case in real life, but a player I signed from Brazil had already moved clubs in the current season (2021). I signed him in time for the 2021-2022 season in Europe and now he is banned from all competitions for a year. At the age of 22, that is a career-ruining move that would never happen in real life even if an European club actually did put in a bid not knowing the rules (or noticing/realizing the consequences). The player's agent would know, though, and the player would likely not want a global ban hanging over him instead of playing football where he is. Like other global bans or very long-term injuries, this is something that should result in a big, red, pulsating neon sign across the entire player profile of the scout report. He is in fact the worst signing possible!

I would presume that the Brazilian 2021 season and the European season ending in 2022 are two different years, just like when you start the game with the 2013/14 season you start in January 2013 which is in the middle of the 2012/13 season in Europe.

I bought the editor, but it seems like there is no way to fix this.

That's always been the case. There used to be a warning message saying that he would not be able to play games, (I'm sure that's not a figment of my imagination).

This update has made the football much more unpredictable & lots of annoying things happen, which is realistic. I like that part of the update. I do think that goalkeepers have become ridiculously good at random points but I can personally live with that. My players seem to score more from long range screamers rather than an easy chance they're getting because of a genius save.

The main drawback for me is something I've posted one or two times already in this thread but gets followed by a series of pointless posts criticising the statistical averages of shots on goal/goals for/goals against/(penalties?! ridiculous). It's the defending I dislike. Really emphasising an intense pressing game to your team just seems impossible & it's depriving me of implementing the style of football I want my team to play, which is more important for me personally than the results. I've tried every mentality/fluidity. The closing down is just so dull to watch. And when opponents easily get past our first line of dull pressure & are building play in our half of the pitch, we become a glorified parked-bus. The defensive line aren't aggressive enough in stepping up, even though you have all the obvious TI's which should really emphasise playing a very high line. Considering the amount of teams which play this way in modern football; & it's not just the top teams; it's annoying you can't achieve it at all on this game.

I thought I would make a point of this, cos woodwork incidents are beyond boring now. I decided to gather some data from 25 competitive matches in the Northern Irish 3rd tier and various cups against all kinds of teams in that country.

My findings:

- Human team: 18 woods in 25 = 0.72 per match

- AI teams: 10 woods in 25 = 0.4 per match

- Overall: 28 woods in 25 matches = 1.12 per match!!! Incredible!

- 2 matches with 4 woods

- 1 match with 3 woods

- 3 matches with 2 woods

- 8 matches with 1 wood

- 9 matches with 0 woods

I really doubt that these stats are true to life. I'd even bet money if i was a gambler.

All we keep hearing is that "it wont be fixed" or "no more patches" etc. Well why? Just make the shots go over or wide? It doesnt make it totally unplayable but it is so annoying! The problem is that is doesnt give an accurate representation(compared to real life) of how effective the chances are that you're creating, how accurate the shooting is etc. It just feels like another tactic to keep the scores down like super-keepers or CCC's/one-on-ones being shot straight at the keeper. This was never a problem on finished ME's in previous FM's, at least not the ones I played anyway.

Also have a good feeling that 95% of the goals i see from my team and the AI are all from inside the area. If not its a free-kick from the edge of the area. No Steven Gerrard "Kop screamers" on here.

OK, Im not back to argue!

Ive been looking more at this. On OptaJoes Facebook page he mentioned that last season in the PL there were 265 woods in the 380 games = 0.69/0.7 per game. OK the stat is correct.

I looked at a full round of prem games on my save and there were 7 woods in the 10 games, one game had 4. 0.7 per game

Looked at 20 recent games from the Skrill South and it was 0.75 per game, NI Championship 2 it was 0.8 per game.

The league wood stats from my league games is overall 1.00 per game(across 18). 0.611 per game from my team and 0.389 per game from the AI. 1 per game is still way too high so I do wonder if it a league issue? might not be.

The PL stat seems to be accurate in Feb 14 so I dont think that a few seasons are needed to see this properly. Some leagues seem a bit out.

Like I said: Im not looking to argue. Is it poss that it could be league specific? If I see no more woods in my 12 remaining league games it will average about 0.775

I'm conceding lots of penalties at defensive corners and free-kicks.

Anyone else seeing this?

[Edit]

Can I just qualify that my saying that it's not a complaint because I think it's realistic. It's an improvement imo but I've only just noticed it.

I'm waaaay top of the yellow cards list, (tactics related), so I should expect to also concede penalties.

Unfortunately, there is a team penalties stat, but not a team penalties conceded stat. Very strange.

[Edit2]

Mmmmm. Surprisingly there is also not a stat for GK pens faced/conceded.

There are the following stats available on the squad page.

Penalties.

Penalties scored.

Penalties scored ratio.

On the player stats page we have...

Penalties scored/taken/ratio.

But there is nothing from a GK point of view.

Am I missing these somehwere? :confused:

OK, Im not back to argue!

Ive been looking more at this. On OptaJoes Facebook page he mentioned that last season in the PL there were 265 woods in the 380 games = 0.69/0.7 per game. OK the stat is correct.

I looked at a full round of prem games on my save and there were 7 woods in the 10 games, one game had 4. 0.7 per game

Looked at 20 recent games from the Skrill South and it was 0.75 per game, NI Championship 2 it was 0.8 per game.

The league wood stats from my league games is overall 1.00 per game(across 18). 0.611 per game from my team and 0.389 per game from the AI. 1 per game is still way too high so I do wonder if it a league issue? might not be.

The PL stat seems to be accurate in Feb 14 so I dont think that a few seasons are needed to see this properly. Some leagues seem a bit out.

Like I said: Im not looking to argue. Is it poss that it could be league specific? If I see no more woods in my 12 remaining league games it will average about 0.775

The problem happens when our team is a dominant force in a league and europe like my Barcelona save for example. I have ever counted my average woodwork before in patch 14.2.2 and it was 1.32 per game for my team alone and slightly less in 14.3. That is ridiculous. Please do not give me logic that the more dominating a team is the more woodwork they will hit, it is simply a flawed logic as what happens with Liverpool last season.

Goob, just to be clear, you mean that your team averages 0.611 woodwork hits per game while all other AI teams average 0.389? Or do you mean your AI opponents average 0.389 per game when playing against you?

Against me. these are wood stats from our league games and no AI v AI

OK, thanks. In this case take the Liverpool example provided earlier. They hit the woodwork 33 times in 38 Premier League matches. Presuming that their opponents also hit the woodwork an average amount then woodwork hits in their matches would have been well over 1.0 per match, which would be above the divisional average.

The warning message is still there, it's in the top right corner of the transfer offer screen.

I'll see if we can change the font to make it bolder & for the colour to be changed to Red as unless you are being very attentive I can see how someone might not give it all that much attention.

The move might also be an issue. BiggusD, if you still have a save file before making the offer can you start a thread over in the bugs forum as I'd like to take a look at why the player or his agent agreed to the move.

It would be better if the scout would deem the player as an excellent signing as usual, but the transfer as a half-star recommendation - and likewise with "personal reason" unavilability and long-term injuries. That would stand out more. One of the statistics in the main player profile could have this message, in red, in addition to the message in the transfer offer page, because the user's interest shouldn't get as far as an offer in the first place.

I'll make a thread and all that in the bugs forum later tonight.

OK, thanks. In this case take the Liverpool example provided earlier. They hit the woodwork 33 times in 38 Premier League matches. Presuming that their opponents also hit the woodwork an average amount then woodwork hits in their matches would have been well over 1.0 per match, which would be above the divisional average.

Even though the statistics are reasonably realistic, I think that 5+ woodwork/superkeeper occurences (in one match) strangely coincide in a period of time and with what I deem signs of poor form. Can you confirm that woodwork hits and (true) CCC misses are related to confidence and/or the "frustrated" body language?

Im aware of the Liverpool situation last year. Apparently they have hit the wood 19 times this season too? A bit freakish though.

It all still just grates on me and doesnt seem right. Every game to have a shot clunking off the wood. I always said that 0.1 per game was right from my experience but obviously the stats prove otherwise and maybe need to re-think my opinion on it.

I mention the league specific because a lot of obscure leagues have not been updated in depth for a number of years in terms of players. Apparently there was a guy from Sweden saying that the Swedish leagues had been untouched for a while and players were at the wrong club and that he had even found 3 dead players!!! Some players in NI dont even have positions defined and are randomly assigned one to fill in gaps in the default squad. This all leaves me wondering about the amount of randomisation in obscure leagues and whether the high wood ratio has anything to do with it?

The problem with hitting the woodwork is not just the amount of times it happens but it seems to be mostly from crosses. Nearly every other game i see one of my wingers/full backs cross the ball and it comes off the woodwork and goes out of play.

Now how often irl do you see a player crossing the ball and it coming off the bar/post?

Nowhere near as often as in this game.

The problem with hitting the woodwork is not just the amount of times it happens but it seems to be mostly from crosses. Nearly every other game i see one of my wingers/full backs cross the ball and it comes off the woodwork and goes out of play.

Now how often irl do you see a player crossing the ball and it coming off the bar/post?

Nowhere near as often as in this game.

Been mentioned and acknowledged as an issue by SI in this very thread.

Sorry but if this patch is the last for FM 14, then it certainly feels far from finished. Very disappointed in the ME. Still see strikers shooting straight at the keeper, wingers shooting instead of crossing, opposing wingers running rings around defenders regardless of attributes, defenders just standing off attackers despite tackle harder instructions. All these have spoilt the game for me. The ME just doesn't feel intuitive enough.

And that's why I'm not buying 15.

Despite buying FM14 on release day, I went almost immediately back to FM13 until the (presumably) final patch came out the other week. I've already gone back to FM13 and will stay with it.

Before FM13 was fully patched (during which time I'd had to go back to FM12) we were assured the ME overhaul was necessary as the previous ME was just too limited and generally not up to it. Odd, because prior to this it was, apparently, just your tactics. It seems the ME did have its faults after all.

I looked forward to FM14 on the assumption that it would be a mature, fully formed version of fully patched FM13.

But lo! Another overhaul!

I've said it before but this time I'll try and stick to it - I won't be getting FM15 until the final patch or positive feedback on here. I had all of four sessions on FM14 for the money I paid for it.

It would be better if the scout would deem the player as an excellent signing as usual, but the transfer as a half-star recommendation - and likewise with "personal reason" unavilability and long-term injuries. That would stand out more. One of the statistics in the main player profile could have this message, in red, in addition to the message in the transfer offer page, because the user's interest shouldn't get as far as an offer in the first place.

I'll make a thread and all that in the bugs forum later tonight.

Sticking on the scout report wouldn't really work as they are kept.

What happens if he can't play on the day of the report but could the following day/7 days/a month later?

Despite buying FM14 on release day, I went almost immediately back to FM13 until the (presumably) final patch came out the other week. I've already gone back to FM13 and will stay with it.

Before FM13 was fully patched (during which time I'd had to go back to FM12) we were assured the ME overhaul was necessary as the previous ME was just too limited and generally not up to it. Odd, because prior to this it was, apparently, just your tactics. It seems the ME did have its faults after all.

I looked forward to FM14 on the assumption that it would be a mature, fully formed version of fully patched FM13.

But lo! Another overhaul!

I've said it before but this time I'll try and stick to it - I won't be getting FM15 until the final patch or positive feedback on here. I had all of four sessions on FM14 for the money I paid for it.

Not think maybe it would've been more sensible to try out the free demo before you bought given your misgivings about the previous version? Unfortunate you didn't enjoy it, but they've got a fully featured demo there for a reason.

Can someone from SI categorically say that there will be no more updates for Football Manager 2014?

They can't categorically say, but they've said a few times in this topic that no updates have been planned, unless there is something absolutely broken that absolutely needs a hotfix. And we're talking the game not running kind of seriousness.

Not think maybe it would've been more sensible to try out the free demo before you bought given your misgivings about the previous version? Unfortunate you didn't enjoy it, but they've got a fully featured demo there for a reason.

There seemed to be a consensus around release day and after that the demo was a vastly superior product to the retail version. I remember people saying they were going to stop play FM14 and go back to the demo.

The biggest issues that I've experienced with this patch and i think derserve to be corrected before FM 15 are:

1. Transfers - buying and selling needs to be way more realistic than it is in the game. (Transfer listing players for £0 and you will sometimes get no offers at all + buying players needs to be easier.

I can offer clubs £150 million for players valued at 30 - 40 million and they still wont be interested (not rival clubs either).

A big part of peoples fun in playing the game is offloading the players you don't want and building your ideal squad. When your getting peanuts for your players or no offers at all then that makes it very difficult for you to sign the players you want.

2. Too many shots/crosses hitting the woodwork (mainly from crosses in my case)

3. Unrealistic number of offside goals.

4. Too many yellow/red cards, seems i'm guaranteed at least one yellow card every game (no it's not my tactics) and this doesn't happen very often irl.

5. Strikers still missing too many one on ones and although it doesn't seem as bad as in the previous patch it still happens too frquently.

6. Full backs seems to let wingers/IF's run past tem too easily and seem helpless to through balls aswell.

7. Players retiring way too young.

Signed Robben on a free at 31 and he retired a week or two later without ever having played a game for me. I've seen other big name players retiring at 32, 33 aswell.

If the reason some of these are retiring is due to injuries then I think that should be taken out of the game. It doesn't happen often irl and I can't see the benefit of it being in the game. I don't think people will get any enjoyment of seeing players retiring at a young ages due to injuries.

The biggest issues that I've experienced with this patch and i think derserve to be corrected before FM 15 are:

1. Transfers - buying and selling needs to be way more realistic than it is in the game. (Transfer listing players for £0 and you will sometimes get no offers at all + buying players needs to be easier.

I can offer clubs £150 million for players valued at 30 - 40 million and they still wont be interested (not rival clubs either).

A big part of peoples fun in playing the game is offloading the players you don't want and building your ideal squad. When your getting peanuts for your players or no offers at all then that makes it very difficult for you to sign the players you want.

2. Too many shots/crosses hitting the woodwork (mainly from crosses in my case)

3. Unrealistic number of offside goals.

4. Too many yellow/red cards, seems i'm guaranteed at least one yellow card every game (no it's not my tactics) and this doesn't happen very often irl.

5. Strikers still missing too many one on ones and although it doesn't seem as bad as in the previous patch it still happens too frquently.

6. Full backs seems to let wingers/IF's run past tem too easily and seem helpless to through balls aswell.

7. Players retiring way too young.

Signed Robben on a free at 31 and he retired a week or two later without ever having played a game for me. I've seen other big name players retiring at 32, 33 aswell.

If the reason some of these are retiring is due to injuries then I think that should be taken out of the game. It doesn't happen often irl and I can't see the benefit of it being in the game. I don't think people will get any enjoyment of seeing players retiring at a young ages due to injuries.

for yellow cards at least one a game is the norm for premiership and that was for the team with the lowest amount.

Premier League cards last season till january

Team Yellows Reds Games

Arsenal 19 2 21

Southampton 20 0 21

Norwich City 21 0 22

Fulham 22 1 22

Reading 26 0 22

Chelsea 28 2 21

Liverpool 31 2 22

Sunderland 32 0 22

Tottenham Hotspur 32 2 22

Queens Park Rangers 32 2 22