Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest issue remains which is the finishings are still very poor. NO matter a worldclass star player or a avg player, when faces clear chances, or obvious easy spot chances, they simply just hit the ball out wide. This is too unrealistic. Also the WBs love to waste their chances shooting from non sense areas and the ball goes to ridiculous angles. The waste of chances are so many , if i have 20 shots per game, at least 10 of them are wasted non-sensely.

formeuss. I'm honestly not sure. I guess I didn't expect them to release something like this. I personally thought it was better the old way. I didn't score too many goals, (I think I do now), and I didn't concede too many either, (and I'm doing ok again now after a bit of a re-jig). This has absolutely nothing to do with how well or poorly I am doing. It's just the thing itself. How can I explain this?...... It's like there only being "x" number of possible outcomes at a corner. Under the iold system, the number was "x" to the power whatever. It was varied and there were lots of different goals in all sorts of areas. You could pull defenders about and at least the set-up seemed realistic. Now though.....

I guess I really just don't want to be here a year from now saying the same things.

Tony Fallows.

Thanks for the response Tony, but do you honestly see this as an improvement on what went before, (even if that was flawed)? That's a rhetorecal question by the way. I don't know why this bugs me so much. It just does. Sorry.

The biggest issue remains which is the finishings are still very poor. NO matter a worldclass star player or a avg player, when faces clear chances, or obvious easy spot chances, they simply just hit the ball out wide. This is too unrealistic. Also the WBs love to waste their chances shooting from non sense areas and the ball goes to ridiculous angles. The waste of chances are so many , if i have 20 shots per game, at least 10 of them are wasted non-sensely.

I too feel that too many shots near the front side of the 5-meter box are being saved or missed, compensated by many marginal shots and flukes going in. I am short of time now, but maybe you should take some time to observe when the AI does get those chances and your keeper magically saves, and post that up here and/or in the bugs forum? It is useless pointing out the instances where your players miss these chances since "it's your tactics"... you remove that whole "argument" if you point out AI failures to score in similar situations.

To be clear: I get this one :) when my keeper mimics Gandalf, and this one :( when my striker aimbots the keeper rather than the goal, and the whole thing ends up in this one :| so a balance is struck in the game. It is still not good enough, though - and I am sure SI aims higher so any evidence would help them fine-tune the shooting.

formeuss. I'm honestly not sure. I guess I didn't expect them to release something like this. I personally thought it was better the old way. I didn't score too many goals, (I think I do now), and I didn't concede too many either, (and I'm doing ok again now after a bit of a re-jig). This has absolutely nothing to do with how well or poorly I am doing. It's just the thing itself. How can I explain this?...... It's like there only being "x" number of possible outcomes at a corner. Under the iold system, the number was "x" to the power whatever. It was varied and there were lots of different goals in all sorts of areas. You could pull defenders about and at least the set-up seemed realistic. Now though.....

I guess I really just don't want to be here a year from now saying the same things.

Tony Fallows.

Thanks for the response Tony, but do you honestly see this as an improvement on what went before, (even if that was flawed)? That's a rhetorecal question by the way. I don't know why this bugs me so much. It just does. Sorry.

Actually I completely understand why it bothers you, the fact that there is a problem in this area bothers me too. Unfortunately all I can say is that it will be addressed for FM15 and that, despite this issue, I am at least satisfied that defending from corners is better in this patch than in the previous one, where corner goals were much higher (unrealistically so).

Why wait until FM15? Why don't you use this year's version as something like "long beta" for FM15? Continue fixing the bugs in the forthcoming months until you've got a decent ME, and then use it on FM15. It's not nuclear physics.

Actually I completely understand why it bothers you, the fact that there is a problem in this area bothers me too. Unfortunately all I can say is that it will be addressed for FM15 and that, despite this issue, I am at least satisfied that defending from corners is better in this patch than in the previous one, where corner goals were much higher (unrealistically so).

You say that Tony, and in fact many people posted that again and again on these forums pre-patch only be told time and time again that SI "were happy with goal numbers scored from corners", (although delivery angles was meant to be an issue), and from my point of view I conceded 3 goals from corners in a whole season, and the most league goals a centre-back ever scored for me in 13 seasons was 4 in a season.

With the new patch, it's January and I have a centre-half on 11 goals and another on 6. :confused:

It's interesting, (and confusing), that you are now saying that there was a problem all along. Oh well. Thanks for the response anyway.

Why wait until FM15? Why don't you use this year's version as something like "long beta" for FM15? Continue fixing the bugs in the forthcoming months until you've got a decent ME, and then use it on FM15. It's not nuclear physics.

Not nuclear physics, but a dreadful business model.

You say that Tony, (and in fact many people posted that again and again on these forums pre-patch only be told time and time again that SI "were happy with goal numbers scored from corners", (although delivery angles was meant to be an issue), and from my point of view I conceded 3 goals from corners in a whole season the most league goals a centre-back ever scored for me in 13 seasons was 4 in a season. With the new patch, it's January and I have a centre-half on 11 goals and another on 6.

It's interesting, (and confusing), that you are now saying that there was a problem all along.

That there were issues with corners in the last patch was never denied. We are now satisfied that corner goals are at a balanced level.

If you have 17 goals from your two CBs by January, I'd be interested to take a look at your save game. A thread here, with a saved game would be really helpful: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Not nuclear physics, but a dreadful business model.

Or maybe a way to fix mistakes and create really succesfull product as soon as october. Commercially, much better option, more satisfied customers would probably be more willing to buy next season's version.

Or maybe a way to fix mistakes and create really succesfull product as soon as october. Commercially, much better option, more satisfied customers would probably be more willing to buy next season's version.

If I was basically using FM15's match engine by the end of the FM14 cycle I'd probably just download a data update and save my money.

You've got to keep some things in suspense. The good will customers is always the smallest demographic.

Fluidity also affects this, and how many roles you have on Attacking, and how many forwards (AMRLC/SC) you have in your formation. Since you have a rather specific request, I think you might actually get very good answers in the Tactics forum if you spent some time writing up all the necessary information.

I think that what you want is patient football without sacrificing counter-attack power. Have you tried Playing Counter with an attacking formation and More Direct, Higher Tempo, Hassle and Push Up selected?

I've gone through every fluidity setting as well & settled for Very Rigid; not because I noticed a huge difference, just because it apparently lowers creative freedom. I don't have anyone on an Attacking duty, just because it results in more dribbling & more directness. I have everyone on a Support duty apart from the DM & obviously the CB's who are on Defend.

What I essentially want my team to try to do is compress the game in the oppositions half by playing a very intense pressing game & a very heavy emphasis on simply dominating possession; something lots, who don't understand that style, would even deem "pointless" possession.

Obviously, I know achieving that doesn't happen over-night. That's why I say I'd like to see even the tiniest bit of mere effort from my team in implementing the style. Sometimes, we're basically a parked-bus. The back-line never steps up, the forwards give opposing CB's all the time in the world with the ball. And when we eventually have possession, we do well for a bit; but then the ball gets to a winger & suddenly they bugger off down the line with the ball & ruin it.

Edit: I have all the obvious shouts which fit the style I've described above.

Guest El Payaso

Dang I was so satisfied with our matches untill they just suddenly changed: I used to get something like 5-10 shots every game and the opponents were getting same amounts and it was really satisfying to watch the games. Then suddenly I lost against Brentford at home (0-4) and after that were conceding 15-20 shots against every opponent. Yes we've had some injuries but still lining up decent squad for every match and using the same patterns with opposition instructions. It just seems that now every completed cross is dangerous and we're making bad marking errors inside our penalty area, especially our full-backs seem to be such slow at reacting to things (both in marking the winger and to start backtracking and even when the keeper saves the first shot, the winger always gets the rebound even though the full-back is much closer to the ball when it runs free) and centre backs just don't cope with the crossing as the attacking players are moving to the ball much more actively and also the keeper only claims the ball when it's crossed really near to the goal-line.

Also the goals we score are mostly marking errors inside the penalty area where either my winger is left alone or is cutting in from the flank and the full-backs just don't cope with that.

I think that these are tactical issues yes but I haven't got any visions on how it could be tweaked as it worked well before. Players just started to do more mistakes and full-backs started to get skinned by the wingers instead of dispossessing them. Once again it would be so much needed for me to able to tell my winger just to take away that passing line between the opposition's full-back and winger. "If you're not going to do anything else, just block that one passing line instead of doing nothing."

Yeah there was a problem with too many goals from corners , but it seems fixed now..( At least my main defenders are not among the top goalscorers now)...

I think there is an issue with too many goals scored in certain leagues( Argentina for example) but i already submitted a save for review.

One thing i am noticing with more regualrity is that the animations for gk's seem to suggest they're saving shots behind the goal line, by line etc.

Never noticed this in 14.2

Not a major bug as it's obviously just animations (as opposed to actual goals being disallowed) but like i said, happening often enough that i feel it's worth a mention.

Thanks

Yeah no official way of doing it, but requesting this in the skinning forum may yield some results.

As for the not answering sooner thing, we can only apologise, but do understand, we are moderators not SI members and our role isn't customer support (although we do try and help as much as we can.. if we can), we are just members of the forum like yourselves,.. that being said, hope your question is answered now. :brock:

On the basis that sometimes we are catching up, and wait to see if it is answered on the second page of stuff we are catching up on - we are also human and then tend to forget. Apologies.

The marks I believe are permanent, they existed on all other versions of FM, I think they were re-added for this update after being missed off the first (someone feel free to correct me otherwise) - generally people feel they are useful. Apologies for the delay in answering my friend.

AFAIK there is no way to turn of the note markers when using our default skins, someone might have created a custom skin that does what you want.

Many thanks guys. Sorry for getting all narky. I did not realise you guys are just regular joes. For some reason I thought you were SI employees. My bad, and many thanks for the response.

Hi all,

I started a new game after the patch with Newcastle. The first season I finished 7th with a tactic tha I created. I was not very happy with it but didn’t want to change it that season. So when the new season started I selled some players an bought some good players in. I am happy with the squad. Now I found a tactic online that really suits my team and I play good football. I create a lot of clear cut chances. But what worries me is that my players always shoot at the keeper or completely miss the goal. They go alone at the keeper with a good trough ball and always miss. This happens every game. I dominate every team with 20-10 shots at goal and 5-8 clear cut chances but they always miss. The opposite team gets one chance and they score. This happens almost every time. Does anyone else have this after the patch or is it just me? I’m starting to think that this is some kind of bug.

Many thanks guys. Sorry for getting all narky. I did not realise you guys are just regular joes. For some reason I thought you were SI employees. My bad, and many thanks for the response.

Hey just a quick note.. did you see this post? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386143-Football-Manager-2014-Update-14.3.0-Winter-Transfer-Update-FEEDBACK-THREAD?p=9477662&viewfull=1#post9477662

Hi all,

I started a new game after the patch with Newcastle. The first season I finished 7th with a tactic tha I created. I was not very happy with it but didn’t want to change it that season. So when the new season started I selled some players an bought some good players in. I am happy with the squad. Now I found a tactic online that really suits my team and I play good football. I create a lot of clear cut chances. But what worries me is that my players always shoot at the keeper or completely miss the goal. They go alone at the keeper with a good trough ball and always miss. This happens every game. I dominate every team with 20-10 shots at goal and 5-8 clear cut chances but they always miss. The opposite team gets one chance and they score. This happens almost every time. Does anyone else have this after the patch or is it just me? I’m starting to think that this is some kind of bug.

So you downloaded someone else's tactic and don't know why it is working as it is? I would suggest asking in the tactics forum, it certainly isn't any bug.

ME, yes, but other add-ons, no. As a football parallel - it would be sacrificing one season for next few more succesfull ones.

But why, from a business standpoint, would they do that? Bear in mind, no matter what you or anyone else thinks of the ME, or any other part of the game for that matter, FM is consistently a massive seller, and has topped the charts on this release for a ridiculous number of weeks. So why would anyone approve them missing a release? Especially when it isn't nearly as simple as you make out, and would probably end up with just as many problems.

So you downloaded someone else's tactic and don't know why it is working as it is? I would suggest asking in the tactics forum, it certainly isn't any bug.

As I said I play very good and dominate almost every game. I create many good chances where the strikers go alone at the keeper. Then they miss every time or shoot right at the keeper. This has nothing to do that I used a tactic from someone else. There is just something wrong with the finishing. The other team gets 1 chance and its almost always a goal.

Mako1986

What you're describing is a text book example of a tactical problem.

Honestly, the best advice you can get is jump on over to the tactics board and start a thread. Make sure you give them an break down of how your team is set up, what kind of chances are being created and what is happening with those chances.

We've all (well, most of us anyway) have been where you are now and the guys over at the tactics board are always happy to lend a hand.

There is just something wrong with the finishing. The other team gets 1 chance and its almost always a goal.

The ME doesn't know which teams is which, so this explains very clearly that the problem is with the type of chance your tactic create (or selective memory, exaggeration, or implausibly bad luck).

can somebody tell me how to record goals.i want to show you something.game was ruining everything since the 1st day i started to play but this was incredible.i need to show something but idk how to record and upload here.please tell me.

All three of my threads I've opened re PENALTIES have been deleted, I wonder why.

I am asking what I should I do so that less than 98,4% of penalties turn into a goal.

I've had three matches going to penalties and every time it took more than 70 (SEVENTY) penalties to decide the winner.

Is it forbidden to ask? Is it my tactics? Is "penalty" a taboo?

All three of my threads I've opened re PENALTIES have been deleted, I wonder why.

I am asking what I should I do so that less than 98,4% of penalties turn into a goal.

I've had three matches going to penalties and every time it took more than 70 (SEVENTY) penalties to decide the winner.

Is it forbidden to ask? Is it my tactics? Is "penalty" a taboo?

Penalty conversion is well documented to be too high on FM14, but if you have examples of shoot outs which consistently generate mental scores, then uploading .pkms of those matches will help them get sorted for FM15.

There is nothing you can do, it is a bug.

The threads of your that were closed, were closed for including terms such as "Gestapo" and "Fanboy", which aren't really welcome.

Well a "moderator" did say "way less than 99%" of penalties are scored, which is true, because it's only 98,4%.

I am not sure what's the point in fixing it for a different product. When you buy a defective product you want it fixed, not the "next one".

It took me 7 games to find the issue, I guess beta testing nowadays stops after 6 games.

You say that Tony, and in fact many people posted that again and again on these forums pre-patch only be told time and time again that SI "were happy with goal numbers scored from corners", (although delivery angles was meant to be an issue), and from my point of view I conceded 3 goals from corners in a whole season, and the most league goals a centre-back ever scored for me in 13 seasons was 4 in a season.

With the new patch, it's January and I have a centre-half on 11 goals and another on 6. :confused:

It's interesting, (and confusing), that you are now saying that there was a problem all along. Oh well. Thanks for the response anyway.

The conversion rate for corners was fine, which is what SI said. There were too many corners in a match though, resulting in us seeing more goals from corners. The headed clearances were also not the best, so that was fixed too.

Well a "moderator" did say "way less than 99%" of penalties are scored, which is true, because it's only 98,4%.

I am not sure what's the point in fixing it for a different product. When you buy a defective product you want it fixed, not the "next one".

It took me 7 games to find the issue, I guess beta testing nowadays stops after 6 games.

Your issue isn't necessarily indicative of everyone else's games, In the 2 seasons I've played on the new update it would be more akin to 85% to 90% of penalties scored

It has already been noted many many times that penalty success rates are too high.

I wonder if you realise what irl success rates are?

Your threads are being closed because your aggressive, insulting, unconstructive tone...

Cut that out and we won't take issue.

This moderator told you to come to the feedback thread to give your feedback and you've done so only now after having 2 threads deleted.

Finding the issue is one thing. Fixing it, another. It may have been too late in the cycle, or too late to risk knock-on effects. It also seems like managers in the English leagues are the ones with the problems of a 95%+ conversion rate. I'm guessing the other leagues have a lower percentage? That makes it more difficult to fix as well. As I've posted earlier, it's an irritation, but is it really the end of the world considering we have no advantage/disadvantage compared to the AI here?

For comments and bug reports and issues relating to ME, we can still expect a hot fix for this FM 14? Or is now only 15 fm?

Bug reports from now on will be used for the ME in FM15. Not sure what hotfix you're after, but I can't see a ME hotfix being released, as there is nothing in the ME that's preventing us from playing the game.

7,5 Million ==> 2.5 Million

That's the opening offer.. they will start low (just common sense really) and then it's your job to edge it up to a reasonable sum...

Bare in mind if a player is transfer listed, the AI is going to think ' OK, he doesn't want this player so i'll just offer half the players value and start from there'.

Help me?

Hi Yohann - I don't know what help can be given.

If you list a player or Offer To Clubs, you are saying "I don't want him" - other clubs will offer you less than his value.

It has been suggested that these offers will be particularly low in the first season, but that they should improve thereafter.

Archived