Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

Have you tried restarting Steam? What happens when you do click 'Install'?

I've tried restarting it but am getting the same result. Upon clicking install it starts the install process (4gb will be needed, 20gb available etc.)

It's definitely installed as I can launch it from the shortcut. Steam has updated the editor now but not the game.

Thanks so much SI team, keep up the good work. Now its time for us to "test" :D

Typical, it like they're waving around a six-pack outside an AA meeting! I can see the update but can't get my hands on it!

May be worth uninstalling via the Steam folder then reinstalling - the game is here - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2014

However given we've not had this here and it's a Steam error, I can't say for certain if this will resolve the issue or introduce any other problems. Sorry about that.

Is there a reason for there being a "turkish name changes.Inc" and a "turkish name changes.rar" in data>db>1430>Inc>all ?

Is there a reason for there being a "turkish name changes.Inc" and a "turkish name changes.rar" in data>db>1430>Inc>all ?

Probably to do with this:

PERFORMANCE

- Fixed rare crash related to city inhabitants in edited save

- Fixed rare crash when holidaying to next fixture

- Fixed rare transfer deadline day crash

- Fixed crash related to Turkish player names

- Fixed rare crash when histories have been corrupted

- Fixed rare crash when recalling players from loan

- Fixed rare issue occurring during and after matches

I've restarted Steam and FM several times, nothing downloading?

I've even restarted my PC and still nothing?

The Steam servers are working overtime at the moment.

Please just bear with it, and eventually your download should kick in.

3 friends and myself have tried in different homes, none of us can get into steam. Is the serve struggling or something?

There are problems with steam at the moment, some users are experiencing issues, I couldn't get into Steam first thing this morning, this is a good site for checking Steam http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/steamcommunity.com.html

The online check it does sometimes does say it's online but if you scroll down you can see comments from users on Twitter which often let you know if it's a known issue or not

there is a weird problem with the menu

Screen_Shot_2014_03_01_at_12_29_00_am.jpg

or maybe it's the skin??

It's skin related. I had it too using Steklo skin, but it disappears when switching to default skin.

keep playing in my away kit when I don't need to

Who are you playing as in what league?

If anyone is having problems connecting to Steam add "-tcp" to your shortcut target. It let me login first try after trying for hours.

It should look like this ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -tcp"

Thanks for the patch, my weekend has gone :lol:

The Steam servers are working overtime at the moment.

Please just bear with it, and eventually your download should kick in.

Overtime, really?

Why, cause a few hundred FM fans want a download?

Never had an update/download issue before.

Overtime, really?

Why, cause a few hundred FM fans want a download?

Never had an update/download issue before.

Nothing to do with FM.

I can't try the new update as Steam is down at the moment but I have read through the changelist and as far as I can see nothing has changed in relation to the player font in the 3D ME?

I hope I am just missing this but can anyone confirm that nothing has changed in regards to the player font?

I can't try the new update as Steam is down at the moment but I have read through the changelist and as far as I can see nothing has changed in relation to the player font in the 3D ME?

I hope I am just missing this but can anyone confirm that nothing has changed in regards to the player font?

Font has changed based on feedback.

EDIT - Beaten to it by Tony Fallows!

Hi daylight, there has indeed been a change to player font in the ME. Be interested to hear your thoughts on this. :)

Great news Tony, I will check it out as soon as Steam change the hamsters over and get the downloads working again. :)

daylight are you sure it didn't download? Mine downloaded the second I logged into Steam 10 minutes a go.

Edit:

Ah you can't log into Steam, try what I put in post 69 and it should let you connect.

Steam is having a few problems today, the Steam boards are lighting up because of it, I think it is regional and I also think it will be sorted soon, some people are having some luck by continually logging out and then back in.

I will give that a go in a bit.

Who are you playing as in what league?

im Barnsley in the bpl 2022 just played forest at home wore my away kit, spurs away wore my away kit and everton away wore my away kit.

Hi daylight, there has indeed been a change to player font in the ME. Be interested to hear your thoughts on this. :)

It looks great :brock:

im Barnsley in the bpl 2022 just played forest at home wore my away kit, spurs away wore my away kit and everton away wore my away kit.

Have you installed any kit packs?

my 2 ajor issues seem to be gone, horrible touches and my wingers refusing to cross, fantastic!

Only issue i've found is i went to make a loan bid for Draxler and it would not let me submit the offer

Hi there, thanks for releasing the patch so soon. I seem to have a problem with my graphics folder, as my faces-logos etc won't load in any way, even if they were working until a couple of days ago. I don't use the default fm folder, but in the options my personal folder used for graphics is still checked..

probably not a bug, but the amount of tackles from defenders is still very unrealistically high. Full-backs and def midfielder average 10+ tackles

my 2 ajor issues seem to be gone, horrible touches and my wingers refusing to cross, fantastic!

I saw a few bad touches in my first friendly, hopefully down to poor morale/poor players/getting used to formation.

Also had one cross hitting the crossbar but on the plus side I didn't see any corners go straight out of play, neither keeper spilled the ball & there seems to be a lot more movement from a frontman playing a DLF/F9 role

Haven't found it in the change log (but it's a long list... :applause:)

Has the change of the date when creating notes with annually returning reminder been fixed?

Our tackle numbers are higher than real life as it stands, it's an issue we're aware of and we are keen to address for future versions. Despite this, we're quite happy with the balance of attacking and defensive play.

there seems to be a lot more movement from a frontman playing a DLF/F9 role

This I'll be interested to see, as I play regularly with a F9. I've never really seen any issues with movement from them, so it'll be interesting to compare.

I saw a few bad touches in my first friendly, hopefully down to poor morale/poor players/getting used to formation.

Bad touches will still be in there - they have been reduced significantly but not eradicated.

There should also now be a distinct difference in technical quality between players at the top level, and those further down the pyramid.

This I'll be interested to see, as I play regularly with a F9. I've never really seen any issues with movement from them, so it'll be interesting to compare.

All decision making / movement in the final third has been worked on - when to pass, when to run, when to cross, when to shoot.

In my opinion, attacking play has improved dramatically.

I posted this in the data issues as well but it won't hurt posting here too. Norwich City seem to have accrued £23m of debts from nowhere on the 14.3 database despite not having any on 14.0. It seems that the debts have been reset to the level it was in FM13, despite being completely almost cleared in October 2013 and "correct" in 14.0.

All decision making / movement in the final third has been worked on - when to pass, when to run, when to cross, when to shoot.

In my opinion, attacking play has improved dramatically.

That's good, the biggest issue for me was players shooting from wide areas (particularly the channels just inside the box) when there were far better crossing options. If that's been improved, I'll be delighted.

Sneaked in a few matches during lunch (only aware of an update via Facebook) and didn't hit the woodwork once; opposition neither. Would've been into double figures before... Good work.