Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

I've scored one free kick, but only a small sample of games for me.

I've no idea what the real life numbers / conversion rate should be, but irrespective of that, I'm just pleased to see some go in after a relative dearth before.

I'd rather see an excessive amount of free kicks go in, than an excessive amount hit the bar!

Even if i had Juninho, it would be little too much.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When will SI patch the game so us managers are able to headbutt opposing players just like in real life?

Ha, it was all a little hang bags really. Just seen it, fully expecting an all out rampage, Pardew flooring Meyler, eating his his face and parading around St James' with his spline or something... judging by the way it was described that would've been a little tame. Man up people, it's football...

After FM2013 I swore blind that I wouldn’t buy the next version until fully patched.

Since March 2013 I’ve been playing FM2013.

Like a fool I bought (via Steam for chrissake on the day of release) FM2014, which, surprise surprise, was unplayable – so I continued with FM13 and I’ve been enjoying fully patched FM2013 until FM14 13.3.

So: FM2014 13.3 generally fantastic, as fully patched FM games usually are. But – the match is so jerky so you can’t actually tell what a shot is doing until the aftermath when the players are running about and the commentary is telling you what’s happened.

Also, I just played Birmingham vs Ipswich – two teams that play in blue and white. Did either team play in their away kit? No is the answer. Could I tell the difference in the melee of the match, especially given the jerky match engine that hasn’t given me a problem on this computer before? No.

What’s going on them? Are these common problems?

Apologies if this has been covered before ( I know how precious users of this site can be) but, like I’ve mentioned, I’m new to FM14.

Ha, it was all a little hang bags really. Just seen it, fully expecting an all out rampage, Pardew flooring Meyler, eating his his face and parading around St James' with his spline or something... judging by the way it was described that would've been a little tame. Man up people, it's football...

I'm just going to tell myself this is what happened. It's better that way.

When will SI patch the game so us managers are able to headbutt opposing players just like in real life?

I'd rather be able to have the ability in-game to head butt my own players sometimes. :( But I guess violence is bad and a big no-no and SI have to support that. :)

I keep same tactic all year, all patches

Early FM14 - Too easy, win every game

Decembre/Janurary/Feburary - Loose every game, sack every club (no complain!)

New patch - Too easy, win every game

If you lose in 1st Europa round, knock-out, then new signings 1 month later excited to play in Europa Cup!!

I was afraid of this. They usually make final patch super easy. i had fun losing some games in previous patch. I play with Wolves in prem. If i start winning every game, ill be very mad. Anyone else played at least half of the season with latest patch and find it super easy ?

You know what sucks big time ? i was playing some other game on steam and Steam installed latest FM14 patch. My plan, because i knew they will make " easy to beat" patch, was to wait and see your comments. If everything is ok, THEN i would install patch. Now i cant return to older patch, game over.

Anyone else having horrific conversion rates?

5 CCCs + 7 HCs - 2 goals.

1 CCC 7 HCs - 2 goals.

Should I be expecting more? (I am expecting more)

Is this a problem?

Other than this the ME is incredible compared to 14.2.

1 CCC 7 HCs - 2 goals.

Is this a problem?

I am finding a lot of sliced/scuffed shots in uncontested positions. Haven't really looked into the stats.

1 CCC 7 HCs - 2 goals.

Is this a problem?

CCCs and HCs are quite misleading.

If you aren't using FMC and watch those chances back via the Analysis Tab, you'll realise that they aren't quite as good as the stat leads you to believe.

CCCs and HCs are quite misleading.

If you aren't using FMC and watch those chances back via the Analysis Tab, you'll realise that they aren't quite as good as the stat leads you to believe.

I played on comprehensive and they looked clear to me....

Is anyone else seeing a lot of penalties?

I may just be unlucky at the moment but in 18 games played this season I have conceded 8 penalties, all of which were scored.

I had 2 matches that had 2 penalties given to the opposition, it seems quite high.

I have not had any penalties yet but conceding 8 in 18 games seems a bit much.

Actually, there aren't enough penalties in the ME, but they are converted at too high a rate, meaning that they number of penalty goals is pretty much spot on. Of course, that's over the whole ME, individual teams may not experience that.

Of course, not experiencing a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And the flip side is, of course, that just because a problem occurs does not mean it is universal. Just saying. It is always interesting when a new update comes out, how some people will moan that it has screwed up their game, and others think it is fixed all the stuff they had gripes with. It's not just that football is a funny game, life is.

Hi Royal, have you tried turning down the graphics settings in the preferences? Should improve the smoothness of the 3D ME. If that's no good could you please post in the technical issues of the forum and someone will get back to you ASAP (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues)

In regards to the kit clash issue could I please ask you to post in the Match Engine forum with a PKM and someone will get back to you (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks).

Let me know if that works,

Cheers,

Adam

Actually, there aren't enough penalties in the ME, but they are converted at too high a rate, meaning that they number of penalty goals is pretty much spot on. Of course, that's over the whole ME, individual teams may not experience that.

I must be just unlucky at the moment, I wonder if they will release a fix for the high penalty conversion, it takes the fun out of the penalty (or anguish in my case) as they seem almost 100% certain to score.

Bit of a glitch I've only noticed since the update. Just beat Liverpool on pens after being 0-0 after ET. However in the fixture list the result is highlighted orange for a draw instead of green for a win

You did draw the game. You just won the method used to decide who goes through the next round...

You did draw the game. You just won the method used to decide who goes through the next round...

Before the update a penalty win would be highlighted in green. If the World Cup final was decided on penalties you wouldn't say it was a draw would you?

Before the update a penalty win would be highlighted in green. If the World Cup final was decided on penalties you wouldn't say it was a draw would you?

Personally, I would do. The game was drawn, but the World Cup won on penalties.

Passing and first touch are much improved but shooting is dire. Some of the misses are shocking and long shots seem impossible to score.

Tackling is still silly, not only the number of tackles but the success rates are absurd. Players' performances are often badly affected by being tackled if bravery is low.

I'm seeing more OGs and fluke goals hitting the keeper or a defender and going in.

It's definitely an improvement but there are still issues that haven't been dealt with and I don't expect they'll be fixed until the next game introduces are raft of new problems.

Anyone else feels its much easier to win games with new patch ? I had big problems with away games before the patch, now i won 3 and draw 1 of 4 games. Its not big sample but....

I thought the same.... not anymore.

I was top of C2 in Italy and going well, then out of no where I was on the end of a 5-0 thumping, I had not been beaten in about 12 games, then I lost 1-0 and then another 1-0 defeat, after that I had 2 0-0's,managed to scrape a 1-0 win and just now got beat 1-0 again.

It is all hands to the pump now as I try to get back on track.

I would be keen to know why Adnan Januzaj is considered to be so much better than Raheem Sterling in this update? Across almost all the mental and technical attributes Januzaj is roughly considered either 3 or 5 points higher than Sterling, on physical attributes they are considered pretty similar and on current and potential ability Januzaj is considered better by some margin. I wonder what evidence backs this up?

They are 2 months apart in age, Sterling broke into the Liverpool first team two years earlier than Januzaj so he's more experienced and managed this pressure at an earlier age. Sterling has played 23 games and scored 6 times so far this season, Januzaj has played 26 games and managed 3 goals. Sterling has represented England at several youth levels and the senior team and yet Januzaj hasn't represented any International setup as far as I know? Across the board Sterling outshines Janujaz acording to the statistics for the season so far (see here - http://eplindex.com/49572/sterling-vs-januzaj-future-stars-stats-comparison.html).

How I understand stats are only part of the story but I've seen a lot of Sterling this year and only a bit of Januzaj and both seem very good but I really can't put my finger on how Janujaz is considered so much better than Sterling? On a related note, Sterling's defensive ability is woefully underestimated in this patch.

I would be keen to know why Adnan Januzaj is considered to be so much better than Raheem Sterling in this update? Across almost all the mental and technical attributes Januzaj is roughly considered either 3 or 5 points higher than Sterling, on physical attributes they are considered pretty similar and on current and potential ability Januzaj is considered better by some margin. I wonder what evidence backs this up?

They are 2 months apart in age, Sterling broke into the Liverpool first team two years earlier than Januzaj so he's more experienced and managed this pressure at an earlier age. Sterling has played 23 games and scored 6 times so far this season, Januzaj has played 26 games and managed 3 goals. Sterling has represented England at several youth levels and the senior team and yet Januzaj hasn't represented any International setup as far as I know? Across the board Sterling outshines Janujaz acording to the statistics for the season so far (see here - http://eplindex.com/49572/sterling-vs-januzaj-future-stars-stats-comparison.html).

How I understand stats are only part of the story but I've seen a lot of Sterling this year and only a bit of Januzaj and both seem very good but I really can't put my finger on how Janujaz is considered so much better than Sterling? On a related note, Sterling's defensive ability is woefully underestimated in this patch.

Januzaj is about the only Man Utd player who's managing to give a decent performance this season and is therefore getting lots of plaudits. Sterling is in the shadow of Suarez and Sturridge at Liverpool. Seems like the researchers may have been swayed a little by where the media hype is and performance relative to team-mates.

• Administrators

I'd suggest raising any issue (with evidence to back it up) in regards to Sterling's ability here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363524-ENGLAND-%28Official%29-Liverpool-Data-Issues

Sounds like you haven't seen enough of Januzaj to make fair judgement in all honesty.

Sterling has represented England at several youth levels and the senior team and yet Januzaj hasn't represented any International setup as far as I know?.

Januzaj has not represented any country yet as he has not made up his mind as to which he wants to play for, I think he is eligible for 4 or 5.

Countries have approached him including Belgium which have a very good side, if rumours are to be believed he wants to represent England but he first has to be a resident for what 5 years or so and even then it would mean that England would have to go back on the home nations agreement.

Also he is better than Sterling.

:)

I think he is, but not greatly so at the moment. Potential-wise I think Januzaj will turn into a significantly better player than Sterling, but at the moment there's not a great deal between them when you discount the fact that Man Utd are utterly dire this season, so Januzaj is shining brighter than perhaps he would otherwise.

I think he is, but not greatly so at the moment. Potential-wise I think Januzaj will turn into a significantly better player than Sterling, but at the moment there's not a great deal between them when you discount the fact that Man Utd are utterly dire this season, so Januzaj is shining brighter than perhaps he would otherwise.

Or on the flip side if his team mates were playing better as such is the case with Sterling then Januzaj would be even better as he would be getting better chances and setting up more goals.

I think it is wrong to say there is a lot of hype over Januzaj because his team mates are not playing well, I think that only adds to how just good the kid is.

Regarding player heights in the ME, our scaling was throwing up some strange 3D models (e.g. Messi appearing 'fat') and so we're working on a much improved system for future versions, however, unfortunately this is not ready yet.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we want that added now, a fat Messi?

Yes we want that ME!

:D

Or on the flip side if his team mates were playing better as such is the case with Sterling then Januzaj would be even better as he would be getting better chances and setting up more goals.

I think it is wrong to say there is a lot of hype over Januzaj because his team mates are not playing well, I think that only adds to how just good the kid is.

LOL. Yes, you can look at it that way too. I don't envy the researchers having to try and make those sorts of judgements (or whoever has to recalibrate all the ratings from various researchers to ensure players rank appropriately across the whole game).

Ultimately, after a few seasons it doesn't matter anyway as you've left reality well behind.

I'd suggest raising any issue (with evidence to back it up) in regards to Sterling's ability here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363524-ENGLAND-%28Official%29-Liverpool-Data-Issues

Sounds like you haven't seen enough of Januzaj to make fair judgement in all honesty.

I've seen every game Sterling has played and several that Januzaj has played. I'm a Liverpool fan, so there's inevitably going to be some bias, but on what I've seen of both players they are not sufficiently different to warrant the massive difference in stats that Januzaj has over Sterling. I've backed this up with more than just opinion, so how else am I to make and back up my opinions?

Here's a taster of a few stats from our latest tests, FM results vs (Real Life results from last season's Premier League):

10.7% of goals from corners (11.9%)

4.8% of goals from IFKs (5.8%)

2.4% of goals from direct FKs (3.0%)

6.8% of goals from penalties (6.4%)

3.2% of goals from own goals (4.4%)

2.89 yellows per game (3.11)

0.13 red cards per game (0.14)

We actually have slightly too few goals from corners, own goals, direct free kicks and crossed free kicks and we also have slightly too few red and yellow cards per match. However, the percentage differences are small and all in all I'd say the current ME feels better balanced in its variation of goals types, without any one method dominating.

Match engine's working well as of the latest update, but I can't assign squad numbers any more...

I can auto-assign but I hate doing that, it'd bug the hell out of me to not have the right squad numbers. Any tips? I really hope I don't have to scrap this game, I'm just starting my 9th season having just got my Stockport side into the Champions League...

Januzaj has not represented any country yet as he has not made up his mind as to which he wants to play for, I think he is eligible for 4 or 5.

Countries have approached him including Belgium which have a very good side, if rumours are to be believed he wants to represent England but he first has to be a resident for what 5 years or so and even then it would mean that England would have to go back on the home nations agreement.

Either way, he has neither the EPL or International experience that Sterling has, the current EPL statistical evidence doesn't suggest he's any better than Sterling and he's more or less completly unproven (he's played a few good games in an otherwise terrible season for Utd) and yet his stats are very good in this update? It makes very little sense. Other's are arguing that he's performed well for Utd so therefore it means he should get a huge boost to stats. This isn't logical either. Surely some of Utd's underperformers should have a stats reduction then, not the other way round.

Since downloading the new update I have continued my current save and not needed to adjust my tactics. I have played about 1/3 of a season with this update and am very pleased with the improvements to the ME. One thing that does stand out for me is the way that my opponents set up to defend corners, throw ins near to their penalty area, and free kicks. For corners in particular, all opponents seem to have a player on each post and four players lined up on the six yard box. Same approach often used for throw ins near penalty area and sometimes for free kicks. I am assuming that this is a way of improving AI defending/clearances at corners and I have, indeed, been scoring less from corners than I was before 14.3.

If I go to the tactics creator, I am only allowed to have one player set to mark the six yard box - how on earth can the AI clearly have four players lined up on the six yard box when we are consistently advised that AI teams/managers use same tactics creator as humans.....I am happy with the way I have my defending of corners set up but surely humans should be able to set up multiple players marking six yard box if the AI can?

• Administrators
I've seen every game Sterling has played and several that Januzaj has played. I'm a Liverpool fan, so there's inevitably going to be some bias, but on what I've seen of both players they are not sufficiently different to warrant the massive difference in stats that Januzaj has over Sterling. I've backed this up with more than just opinion, so how else am I to make and back up my opinions?

Evidence - if his passing and crossing say should be better, what's his passing accuracy been over the last couple of seasons? How many successful crosses has he made out of how many attempts? How many assists etc? All these things help provide reasoning behind your opinion. Everybody in football has different opinions so without something to back it up it's just another opinion.

I was afraid of this. They usually make final patch super easy. i had fun losing some games in previous patch. I play with Wolves in prem. If i start winning every game, ill be very mad. Anyone else played at least half of the season with latest patch and find it super easy ?

You know what sucks big time ? i was playing some other game on steam and Steam installed latest FM14 patch. My plan, because i knew they will make " easy to beat" patch, was to wait and see your comments. If everything is ok, THEN i would install patch. Now i cant return to older patch, game over.

wow, i know my comment true, but I never give up FM on one person thoughts! ~~!!~~

Just created a save with quite a few nations loaded and I noticed that Hajduk in Croatia have a value of £1 - is this a bug or is there some reason for this?

Also, I've noticed that none of the English teams seem be entered into any U21 or U18 competition. In fact, I've noticed that none of the teams in the leagues I've loaded up have entered U21/U19/U18 competitions, except the Norwegian leagues. Do the fixtures get sorted out closer to the start of the season?

Evidence - if his passing and crossing say should be better, what's his passing accuracy been over the last couple of seasons? How many successful crosses has he made out of how many attempts? How many assists etc? All these things help provide reasoning behind your opinion. Everybody in football has different opinions so without something to back it up it's just another opinion.

I have submitted a link to this seasons stat comparison between the two of them in my original post. I don't have a subscription to Opta unfortunately. Otherwise I would be able to find more stats to back up my argument. Where is the evidence to counter my argument and stats? Januzaj has only played in 26 games! My point isn't that Sterling should have a stat boost. My point is there is no evidence to suggest Januzaj is so much better than Sterling. If anything I'm saying reduce his stats.

Why? Well this season Sterling has more accurate passing stats for a start. Outstrips him for successful dribbles. Has scored more. Has played in more positions, tracks back and is much more successful at tackling and more successful at aerial duels. Januzaj has better crossing accuracy and has taken corners and free kicks for Utd suggesting that's a strength of his.

Archived