Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

Last edited by Kriss; 01-03-2014 at 13:08. Reason: Why break the rules with your very first post? read house rules

Sorry I don't see your issue... defenders now defend and strikers now score on topic and improved since patch - point made as per every other post you haven't tried to censor. If you don't like the negative aspects of my post then release a working game in the first place. I don't buy Halo with stickmen graphics in the hope that in 6 months it will be a top of the range graphics beast.

There are terms we don't permit, read here for enlightenment :)http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/268879-Infractions-Warnings-and-the-Banning-System

Negatives: Shame it took 6 months to get to this point.

I wasn't aware the game came out on August 28th. I missed out on a bit of game time there. :D

One of my defenders just spotted a through ball just inside his own half was going to bounce through to a wide player who would have been in on goal, and there was no-one else from my team around, so he stepped up and headed it straight out for a throw in, preventing a quick breakaway. Just like in real life. I love this patch. (Such a small example but I saw it and it made me think 'Hold on, I've never seen this before in-game and it looked right'!)

Not sure what your belief is founded on, but this is incorrect. No players were made worse, but work was carried out to make the distinction between levels more tangible.

I raised some issues I had playing 14.2 and you moderator lot brushed me off rather arrogantly and rudely and out come 14.3 proving I was right and you lot was wrong, so I'm not going to trust your word on anything.

Players that was strangely over archiving, to the point they were better than world class players in 14.2 is making mistakes and playing much more like their age and skill in 14.3. Only caveat is that my personal sample size might be to small, but with others starting to mention the change, I'm more and more convinced that 14.3 intentionally or unintentionally did something that made some type of players worse.

I raised some issues I had playing 14.2 and you moderator lot brushed me off rather arrogantly and rudely and out come 14.3 proving I was right and you lot was wrong, so I'm not going to trust your word on anything.

Players that was strangely over archiving, to the point they were better than world class players in 14.2 is making mistakes and playing much more like their age and skill in 14.3. Only caveat is that my personal sample size might be to small, but with others starting to mention the change, I'm more and more convinced that 14.3 intentionally or unintentionally did something that made some type of players worse.

whether you listen to RT or not, he is still correct. And with due respect it's a point that isn't really up for the debate. The update list backs this up.

I don't think you understand, this is a picture of a 3-4-3 defense, and what happens to the back three during the game. Look at the space where the striker is receiving the ball. They are so wide that it's currently too dangerous to play any formations with 3 CB and no wingbacks.

GH1C7Wc.jpg

This will destroy my successful 3-5-2 tactic! That is ridiculous positioning.

Please, pay attention to the description boxes "this instruction is already active for the player role" and "this instruction is unavailable for the player role"

This has been in game since release. The patch has actually made things a touch better frm what I have read.

Has the disciplinary rules changed, just seen two players in two separate matches get sent off for the 3rd time but only given a one match ban even though before this patch it would have been a 3 game ban, and in the rules section it does state that they should have received a 3 game ban. Hope that makes sense

Forgot to mention this was in league 1

Deep narrow defence always (succesfully) attacked with passes through the middle - perfect. Bravo, SI. Way to go!

Not read the whole thread but just started a new game on the new patch. I'm getting an insane amount of interest from other clubs in signing my under 18 staff.

Since the update I miss the option to see existing scout reports when right-clicking on a player.

It's just gone, just the other three (get report, assign scout, remove reports) are left.

Was it removed? Sucks, anyway.

Just played around 20 games with 2 tactics and so far looking good, just a few wee things to say though.

strikers are more potent, as are attacking mids but my defenders and DM's ratings have dropped off, they seem to play ok and are not making any real bad errors but I'm struggling to get any defender or DM above 6.7, I'll start another game soon and try to adjust my tactics to see if it's that, was just curious if anyone else had noticed this with the defence. By the way, I'm winning most games 3-1, 2-0 etc so not struggling with wins just stats seem low.

Also I start getting empty scout reports. News items are prompted but there is no scout report to view and in the news item the stars rating only show as N/A :(

My main concern was the game was unplayable before this patch - the numerous bugs (particularly opposition hoof ball while my defence just watched them score). I spent hours trying to find a solution on forums.... only to read comments from a lot of people saying it must be your tactics.

but

Having played the new patch last night I have to say much improved ME (which is really the only part of the update I care about). I can score, the defence now tries to defend.... I win some and I lose some, but at least I don't appear to lose because of a blatant bug every time.

Positives: This is the minimum level of gameplay I expected back in November when I purchased the game.

Negatives: Shame it took 6 months to get to this point.

Sorry a positive turned into a negative there but the frustration of the last few months coming out.

I have to agree 100% with the above.

Please can we try for 2015 to have it at an acceptable level at release.

I read a thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/385597-Is-Galway-FC-going-to-be-in-the-next-update?highlight=galway) about Galway FC and the Irish researcher making reference to a further data update see quote below

"Yes, Galway FC will be appearing in the new update. When it is released, please ensure that you select the 2014 season start date. The Irish FM team will be releasing a further data update after the official release as the data was locked before some transfers took place (Derek O'Brien, Alex Byrne etc)."

They are talking about an unofficial update that they will do themselves, it won't involve SI at all.

I updated fm to 14.3.0 and I don't have any chnages in team squad for example Mata still is in Chelsea. Clear Cache and removed Preferences as well. And I removed all files from editor data in advance.

I updated fm to 14.3.0 and I don't have any chnages in team squad for example Mata still is in Chelsea. Clear Cache and removed Preferences as well. And I removed all files from editor data in advance.

When you start the game you have an option for which database you use i.e. August one, or January one - make sure you've selected the correct one as I think it defaults to August 2013.

Just a suggestion on the 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. When I was playing with a 4-1-2-2-1 with attacking wingbacks and a halfback I found that it behaved a whole lot like I was playing 3-4-3 (and at times 5-4-1). The WBs would push far up the pitch, and the HB would drop in to make a narrow back 3. It was not what I intended to do, but it may be something you want to explore if you are interested in making a 3-4-3 type tactic.

I have option to start game on base 14.3.0 or 14.0.0 and I always selected 14.3.0 but nothing change in the game. Mata is in Chelsea anyway. When check what version I have after uploaded the game, I have 14.3.0. Well I don't know what is wrong.

What I gonna do remove Fm and install again or maybe you have idea how solve it.

This game is supposed to let you immerse yourself into details when it comes to your tactics and style of play if you choose to, but I can't even tell my strikers to swap positions anymore. Sighgames.

Dissapointed that 5 ft 1 players look the same as 6 foot 4 players on the ME

They don't look the ame in the ME, they look the same in the 3D representation of the ME.

Freekicks are overpowered now.

How many games have you played?

Have you any numbers to back this statement up, or your earlier comment "Deep narrow defence always (succesfully) attacked with passes through the middle"?

I have a player that just scored 7 goals in a game. I ended up winning 8-3 away from home.

I reinstalled Fm and now I everything is ok.

I'll ask the stupid question, are you starting a new save or continuing one?

I'm now hitting the bar five times a match on average. This is awful.

Interesting - a couple of posters on the previous page felt that it was sorted.

For what it's worth, on my competitive games some far, total woodwork hits (both teams) per game are:

1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0

So, for me, there's no issue.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else thinks there are too many, and would be interested to see a few screens of an average of 5 woodwork hits per game.

They don't look the ame in the ME, they look the same in the 3D representation of the ME.

They don't even do that, you can see a clear difference in size between smaller & bigger players.

How many games have you played?

Have you any numbers to back this statement up, or your earlier comment "Deep narrow defence always (succesfully) attacked with passes through the middle"?

Half a season, my free kick taker has scored 6 goals from DFKs. I have also conceded 5. All of the players who scored, including my FK taker are not that good.

As for the through balls, it is not about goals, but simple logic. CCCs are made like that, and then easily missed.

I'm not losing, I'm actually performing better than I ever expected on this game, but it is disgusting to see my team playing.

I don't understand, but couldn't you tell player height differences in previous versions of the game? I would be disappointed if the game is going backwards in certain aspects. I am yet to play FM2014, but I remember in past versions you could easily see height difference between players.

They don't even do that, you can see a clear difference in size between smaller & bigger players.

Can you? Wouldn't actually know as I play 2D. However, I knew what he said was an animation issue, (if what he said had been the case), and not an ME issue.

Enjoyed this new patch, the only problem was the transfer of Brazil is still missing some players ... has a future patch on the way to update the DB?

And he can upgrade something else?

Interesting - a couple of posters on the previous page felt that it was sorted.

For what it's worth, on my competitive games some far, total woodwork hits (both teams) per game are:

1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0

So, for me, there's no issue.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else thinks there are too many, and would be interested to see a few screens of an average of 5 woodwork hits per game.

I'm not seeing any issues either or at least no worse than it was before:

League game 1 - One woodwork hit for me, none for the opposition

League game 2 - Two for me, none for opp.

League game 3 - One for me, one for opp.

League game 4 - Two for me, none for opp.

I'll ask the stupid question, are you starting a new save or continuing one?

Of course I was starting new game

I've not played a massive amount, but the few games I've played, my team has looked absolutely electric. Playing exactly how I want them to, where on the previous ME, there were a few odd events. Good job so far.

I keep same tactic all year, all patches

Early FM14 - Too easy, win every game

Decembre/Janurary/Feburary - Loose every game, sack every club (no complain!)

New patch - Too easy, win every game

If you lose in 1st Europa round, knock-out, then new signings 1 month later excited to play in Europa Cup!!

I'm finding that glitches seem to have considerably more effect on my results since the new patch. Illogical defensive clearances (ball going out for a goal kick headed back in to the danger zone) still haven't been fixed, passing directly to the opposition seems to be far more common now (for and against me). Finishing seems to be far more erratic, and generally less accurate. Deep crosses from open play or free kicks seem to cause even more problems for goalies than before and fly like guided missiles toward the crossbar.

I like the improvements made to general midfield passing, but overall it's disappointing that the same old glitches don't get fixed, or get made worse.

I'm finding that glitches seem to have considerably more effect on my results since the new patch. Illogical defensive clearances (ball going out for a goal kick headed back in to the danger zone) still haven't been fixed, passing directly to the opposition seems to be far more common now (for and against me). Finishing seems to be far more erratic, and generally less accurate. Deep crosses from open play or free kicks seem to cause even more problems for goalies than before and fly like guided missiles toward the crossbar.

I like the improvements made to general midfield passing, but overall it's disappointing that the same old glitches don't get fixed, or get made worse.

This is basically everything that appears to be fixed or greatly improved on in my save. Footballs a funny game. :)

Half a season, my free kick taker has scored 6 goals from DFKs. I have also conceded 5. All of the players who scored, including my FK taker are not that good.

As for the through balls, it is not about goals, but simple logic. CCCs are made like that, and then easily missed.

I'm not losing, I'm actually performing better than I ever expected on this game, but it is disgusting to see my team playing.

I've scored one free kick, but only a small sample of games for me.

I've no idea what the real life numbers / conversion rate should be, but irrespective of that, I'm just pleased to see some go in after a relative dearth before.

I'd rather see an excessive amount of free kicks go in, than an excessive amount hit the bar!

I've only conceded five goals so far. No through balls as yet, but my Anchor Man does a decent job of shielding my defence, and is a key "body" in that DM area which will help to reduce any through balls making it.