Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

Regarding scaling, there is still scaling in the 3D ME, but it is not as pronounced as it was just after the release of the game. Back then people complained that short players looked fat and tall players were too skinny, so that was toned down a little. As I've said, we're working on a new system currently.

The current ME actually has far fewer dribbles past opponents per game than the one released with the last patch, so despite improving dribbling tendencies we feel wide play is now much more realistic with fewer aimless runs into dead ends.

If you find that you are being taken to external website when playing the 3D match engine, you are probably clicking the linked ad-hoardings by mistake. It is possible to disable this in the preferences.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe it STILL hasn't been fixed that players do not need to make 10 appearances in the EPL to get a winner's medal. From the start of last season you've only needed to be named in the squad for one. It's a minor thing admittedly, but it frustrates me that if I've played a 17 year old 8 times they don't get acknowledged. It's also annoying that they have to have made those 10 appearances before you actually clinch the title and not simply before the end of the season as it should be.

Also, is anyone else experiencing an insane number of offsides?

Offsides are a bit higher than real life numbers, it's something we're aware of. Though it shouldn't be 'insanely' high.

Fair enough. I'd just come out of that game with 13 offsides (Inzaghi on a bad day!), including a disallowed goal from an onside player so was a bit frustrated. As long as it's not just me lol.

Sometimes a player with poor movement playing in a role on the shoulder (e.g. poacher) may be offside slightly more often, something to watch out for if you've got one bloke straying offside a fair amount. :)

It was mostly my AF player, but he should have really good movement going by his stats unless there's something hidden. Anyway, cheers for the help.

Guest El Payaso

Tony or someone else from SI. I've asked kinda many times about the dribbling and never got an answer, so here it is again:

I read the update list and really don't get it why did you apparently increased the effectivity of dribbling? There were obvious evidence available that players already did have way too many succesful dribbles per game compared to real life and now you have increased the effect... Why is that?

IMO dribbling really shouldn't be the most effective attacking tool in the game. You've seen it with Chelsea IRL how 'easy' it is to tactically stop dribbling if team relies too much on one player's (Hazard) ability to run with ball. Just by making the player not to receive the ball in good amount of speed makes it difficult or even impossible to dribble through 2 players and also to leave that one skinned player to bite the dust.

Tony or someone else from SI. I've asked kinda many times about the dribbling and never got an answer, so here it is again:

IMO dribbling really shouldn't be the most effective attacking tool in the game. You've seen it with Chelsea IRL how 'easy' it is to tactically stop dribbling if team relies too much on one player's (Hazard) ability to run with ball. Just by making the player not to receive the ball in good amount of speed makes it difficult or even impossible to dribble through 2 players and also to leave that one skinned player to bite the dust.

tony fallows answered in post 608 The current ME actually has far fewer dribbles past opponents per game than the one released with the last patch, so despite improving dribbling tendencies we feel wide play is now much more realistic with fewer aimless runs into dead ends.

Guest El Payaso
tony fallows answered in post 608 The current ME actually has far fewer dribbles past opponents per game than the one released with the last patch, so despite improving dribbling tendencies we feel wide play is now much more realistic with fewer aimless runs into dead ends.
Oh, cheers and sorry about not noticing that. :o Good news for us who enjoy defending and more football-like experience when viewing the engine, simply more realistic.

I'm gonna start a new game without the winter transfers. I can't seem to sign any high profile players at all due to them not wanting to negotiate with me, which I could previously buy before the patch without a problem... I'm sure it's their managers that needs to be tweaked. They are all dreaming to play for Man City but cba to discuss contracts.

• SI Staff

Hi pugalu, would you mind starting a thread in the Transfers/Contracts and Responsibilities forum outlining your problem? (That's if you haven't already)

Is it the players/agents or the clubs who won't negotiate?

If you could supply examples of the players you're struggling to sign and, if possible, upload your save game so we can have a look at it. Details on how to upload your save game can be found here.

Cheers, Julius.

Is there a way to get my edited data to run in the new upgrade please anyone? I can carry on my old save without a problem but when I try to start a new save it will only allow the default or 14.3 data...

Any ideas?

Is there a way to get my edited data to run in the new upgrade please anyone? I can carry on my old save without a problem but when I try to start a new save it will only allow the default or 14.3 data...

Any ideas?

The file is only compatible with the 14.0 database. You'll need to make a new file for 14.3

The file is only compatible with the 14.0 database. You'll need to make a new file for 14.3

Oh I see, so I'll have to re-edit and then load back in to FM ?

Or maybe it will work if I verify cache again in Steam?

Oh I see, so I'll have to re-edit and then load back in to FM ?

Or maybe it will work if I verify cache again in Steam?

Not quite. You'll need to load the editor, load the 14.3 database, make the changes you need, save it and then load that file into FM.

Just reposting because I think it got lost in the mix. Am I right to assume that this didn't make the cut for fixes?

I've still noticed an issue with not all available jobs actually making their way to the job centre. I have to find the specific club and apply for the available job from their club page. This was an issue that had been raised by myself and others in the bugs forum and I was told it was a "known issue."

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/384170-Not-all-available-jobs-showing-up-in-the-job-centre

Definitely an issue for those who enjoy journeyman saves and don't want to hunt through 100s of individuals club pages to see if they're available or not.

Anyone else seeing stupid freekicks flying in. I've only played three games since the update and had two freekicks from near the halfway line go directly in (both against me). First one bounced over the keeper, second just went right in the top corner!

In my first game after the update playing as Luton in the Conference & my opponent has a player sent off for 2 dives in the first half an hour! I hope this doesn't become a regular theme and is a bizarre one-off!

Hi dave, try following the steps outlined in our FAQ here. Let me know if that helps.

tried as above but unfortunately as soon i try to save game the crash dump occurs,played past 6th of jan continued to late jan and as soon as i try to save game the crash dump happens

• Administrators
Anybody having a problem viewing player histories? Mines either do not appear or all come up as Algeria Pro League?

That sounds like your history is corrupted - are you on PC or Mac? If you're on PC, do you have any kind of anti-virus installed? Has it scanned your system at any point when the game is running?

• Administrators
tried as above but unfortunately as soon i try to save game the crash dump occurs,played past 6th of jan continued to late jan and as soon as i try to save game the crash dump happens

Please create a thread explaining your issue on our Tech Forums here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Also please upload the save game to our FTP so I can take a look. FTP details are here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Remember to state in the new thread you create in the tech forums what the file name is, thanks.

Please create a thread explaining your issue on our Tech Forums here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Also please upload the save game to our FTP so I can take a look. FTP details are here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Remember to state in the new thread you create in the tech forums what the file name is, thanks.

Sorry your email is down. If you could log a problem with our service team, they'd be happy to send you an email for more details...

:)

I start losing almost every game after update. Conceding from crosses and wingers mostly. Also basically a any striker with attack duty is almost more often offside than onside. Same for ai

I've only ever played in Serie A and the bookings have always been quite high. I don't think it's anything to do with the patch. Also, I know some refs have different personalities, but do refs differ in-game from country to country? If they do, then surely holding up an English league next to Serie A isn't going to prove much other than you get more bookings in Serie A?

Here's a link to Serie A and it looks as if FM is a lot more lenient than the real thing.

ive found a bug, a stupid one at that

Playing a match, 50 minutes into the game i make a sub, i go to the player instructions, realise there is nothing i want to change so go back to the match, the match result screen comes up and im screwed out of 2 points by missing 40 minutes of the match

ive found a bug, a stupid one at that

Playing a match, 50 minutes into the game i make a sub, i go to the player instructions, realise there is nothing i want to change so go back to the match, the match result screen comes up and im screwed out of 2 points by missing 40 minutes of the match

You know what to do with this Carmi....

Could somebody tell me if the problem with strikers not scoring has been fixed?

I tried multiple teams with multiple tactics, some mine some created by others and none of my strikers regardless of skill and price tag could consistently hit the target.

Could somebody tell me if the problem with strikers not scoring has been fixed?

I tried multiple teams with multiple tactics, some mine some created by others and none of my strikers regardless of skill and price tag could consistently hit the target.

I've got two main strikers who I rotate in a 4-1-4-1.

First has 19 goals in 15 games, second has 12 in 16, so I reckon strikers are scoring OK, but I also thought they were fine in the last update too.

already asked but no reply so i might try again.

there has been a lot of complaining about editor and i see only few things in the changes updates. however, i understand all aren't mentioned.

so, i'd like to know if the bug when converting a competition from normal to advanced editor making the rules set in normal editor disappear in advanced has been tackled?

and an odd bug where you couldn't select to manage the national team at the beginning of the game.

both issues were posted in the pre game editor bugs forum.

The first issue should be yes, but of course, if you have an example where it hasn't please visit the Editor bugs forum and share your file. The latter did not get a specific fix at this stage, but is still on the radar for a fix for a future version.

Can someone from SI tell me did they change something with difficulty ? im 99% sure its much easier game now. I play with same team ( Wolves) in premier league, same formation, but im winning almost every game. I just lost against Liverpool 2-3 in away game. I was talking with my friends ( few of them found the game very hard before, they where sacked few times), and they told me its much easier for them now, too.

Has the player ratings been adjusted radically in this patch, I had 3 very decent tactics which worked very well, now after this new update I want to start my long save but no matter what tactic I load, defenders/midfielders are all rank rotten, I've went from ave 7.3 to 6.5 in the space of 2 days. Only thing to change is the update, my tactics took me 2 months to get right and TBH I was enjoying the game very much prior to this update as you've probably seen my posts moaning about the moaners on here. So far for me the game has reverted back to the horrendous FM13.

Can someone from SI tell me did they change something with difficulty ? im 99% sure its much easier game now. I play with same team ( Wolves) in premier league, same formation, but im winning almost every game. I just lost against Liverpool 2-3 in away game. I was talking with my friends ( few of them found the game very hard before, they where sacked few times), and they told me its much easier for them now, too.

Difficulty levels don't really exist in FM. There have been no specific changes to make anything "easier".

Archived