Sports Interactive Community
av3ry

Want to know where your favourite players end up in 15+ years time

Obviously in 2029 all the players in their prime are either doing nothing, doing media work or in some backroom role at a club somewhere.

At Nancy I have...

Blaise Matuidi as Reserve Manager

Mathieu Valbuena as Coach

Roland Lamah as Scout

Luka Modric won the Eredivisie with Vitesse before moving back to Benfica in the summer, where he started his managerial career.

Roman Weidenfeller is now Germany manager after successful spells at Gladbach and Dortmund.

Frank Lampard tried management, at Swansea, but didnt like it so retired, John Terry did absolutely nothing after retiring from playing...

Let's see how this goes...

Can you tell me what Suarez, Gerrard and Henderson are up to?

Maybe Brendan Rodgers too please? He usually ends up as England manager within a few years on my game.

Thanks.

Luis Suarez - Retired, left Liverpool in 2020 for Stoke City were he finished playing in 2023.

Steven Gerrard - Former Coventry, Watford, Reading, Napoli and Middlesbrough manager. Been unemployed since Boro sacked him a couple of years ago.

Jordan Henderson - Retired. Game didnt keep his history

Brendon Rodgers retired after winning England the World Cup in 2018.

Think Giggs is still playing... :D

what leagues do you have active

in case the Dutch premier league is what happened to Navarone Foor and Ryan Koolwijk of NEC nijmegen

England, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland and Spain are active...

Navarone Foor - Retired

Ryan Koolwijk - Manager of Cottbus. Retired at NEC spent 5 years at IJsselmeervogels as manager before moving to Germany in 2027.

I know Rodgers is frequently England manager in saves I've had but my 2037 save I have going now he actually wasn't. Gerrard has been MK Dons manager for 17 years, Henderson at Blyth Spartans for 13 years as manager and Suarez retired in 2025 having stayed a Liverpool the whole time.

Sadly Giggs is not playing, he retired from playing in 2015 and has held manager roles at (stick with me, its a long list)

West Brom

Burnley

Barnsley

Brighton

Leeds

Chesterfield

Brentford

Hull

Barnsley (again)

Leicester

and he is currently at Burton Albion in League One.

I know Rodgers is frequently England manager in saves I've had but my 2037 save I have going now he actually wasn't. Gerrard has been MK Dons manager for 17 years, Henderson at Blyth Spartans for 13 years as manager and Suarez retired in 2025 having stayed a Liverpool the whole time.

Sadly Giggs is not playing, he retired from playing in 2015 and has held manager roles at (stick with me, its a long list)

West Brom

Burnley

Barnsley

Brighton

Leeds

Chesterfield

Brentford

Hull

Barnsley (again)

Leicester

and he is currently at Burton Albion in League One.

Funny how much saves can differ.

Giggs managerial career in my save has taken him to

Burnley

Rochdale

Rushall

Eastleigh

Alfreton

Chester

Burnley

Reading

and finally - Liverpool!

AVB is Engalnd manager in my save. Been there for 11 years!

AVB for me has gone...

Blackpool

Newcastle

Atletico Madrid

Benfica

Portugal

Tenerife

Longest spell, Newcastle nearly 4 years. Second longest, Portugal 13 months :D

Another one who hasnt been in management for 2 and a half years.

Burnley

Rochdale

Rushall

Eastleigh

Alfreton

Chester

Burnley

Reading

and finally - Liverpool!

England have had Hodgson until 2016, Dick Advocaat until 2018, Slaven Bilic until 2032 and now Joey Barton is in charge.

AVB for me has gone...

Blackpool

Newcastle

Atletico Madrid

Benfica

Portugal

Tenerife

Longest spell, Newcastle nearly 4 years. Second longest, Portugal 13 months :D

Another one who hasnt been in management for 2 and a half years.

AVB stayed at Spurs until August 2017. He left for Bayern Munich and has been there ever since. Although just having the English leagues running probably contributes to that.

Luis Suarez - Retired, left Liverpool in 2020 for Stoke City were he finished playing in 2023.

Steven Gerrard - Former Coventry, Watford, Reading, Napoli and Middlesbrough manager. Been unemployed since Boro sacked him a couple of years ago.

Jordan Henderson - Retired. Game didnt keep his history

Brendon Rodgers retired after winning England the World Cup in 2018.

Think Giggs is still playing... :D

Thanks man. Really interesting :) Shame Hendo didn't stay in the game.

Please can you tell me what has happened to a few of my faves

Chris Powell

Chris Solly

Johnnie Jackson

Yann Kermorgant

And maybe if you can who has managed Charlton and have they been in the prem

would also be interested to here what has happened to Alan Curbishley

Chris Powell - Charlton manager, came back in the summer. Used to manage Newcastle, Norwich, Palace and Peterborough too.

Chris Solly - Managing Blyth Spartans. Spent eight years at Reading after leaving Charlton in 2014. Then moved to Burnley then Plymouth before going into managemant at Woking in 2025.

Johnnie Jackson - Sheffield Wednesday U18 coach, he retired at Sheffield United.

Yann Kermorgant - Chelsea Reserves manager, also managed a couple of reserve teams in France.

Charlton managers...

Chris Powell until Nov 2012*

Alan Curbishley Jan 2013-Jan 2014

Phil Brown Feb 2014-Dec 2017

Frank Lampard Dec 2017-Dec 2018

Marcus Law Dec 2018-Nov 2019

Craig Conway Dec 2019-Sep 2020

David Bayliss Oct 2020-Oct 2021

Andy Morrell Oct 2021-Oct 2022

Gary Funnell Nov 2022-May 2025

Lee Peltier May 2024-Mar 2025

Adam Eckersley Mar 2025-Nov 2026

Joel Ward Nov 2026-Apr 2029

Chris Powell May 2029-

Thats a lot of managers,

Highest position is 8th in the Championship, have spent all but last season in League One in the last 10 years. Back in League One now after a season back in the Championship.

Alan Curbishley spent six years at Wigan between 2014-2020 before moving to Stoke (2020-2022) where he won the FA Cup in 2020. Then in 2025 he moved to Huddersfield and promoted them to the Premier League before retiring a year later.

*Didnt mention that this is FM13 btw...

England have had Hodgson until 2016, Dick Advocaat until 2018, Slaven Bilic until 2032 and now Joey Barton is in charge.

:applause:

David Moyes was that successful, he retired without the game keeping his history :D

I know he was at Tottenham and Atletico Madrid. Spurs lasted 6 months before being sacked, retired at Atletico Madrid in 2027.

David Moyes was sacked in March 2015 after only winning the Community Shield. They finished 4th in his one full season in charge. Lost to Yeovil in the FA Cup 3rd Round and it was a 5th Round defeat to Man City the following year that sealed his fate. His main failure was the Champions League, finished 3rd to Milan and Leverkusen by some distance.

Diego Simeone came in and stayed until 2034. They won the Champions League SIX times in a row (2018,2019,2020,2021,2022 and 2023).

United have won 3 PL titles in my save as Man City have been stupidly dominant in England. City have won 19 titles, 4 CL (including the last 3), 6 FA Cups and 8 League Cups. Arsenal have won the other 3 PL titles. In the last 5 years City have lost just 14 league games and 7 of those came in one year!!

Eden Hazard - Retired. 10 years at Chelsea, moved to Barcelona for £23M in 2022 where he retired 3 years later. Won a hell of a lot of personal awards.

Paul Wotton - Unemployed manager. Since retiring at Argyle, he spent 7 years as Farnborough manager, a year at Bristol Rovers and most recently a year at Barnet.

Eden Hazard - Retired. 10 years at Chelsea, moved to Barcelona for £23M in 2022 where he retired 3 years later. Won a hell of a lot of personal awards.

Paul Wotton - Unemployed manager. Since retiring at Argyle, he spent 7 years as Farnborough manager, a year at Bristol Rovers and most recently a year at Barnet.

Cheers

I kind of expected something like that for Hazard. I'd had a sneaky hunch that Wotton might be some leading manager, but.. uhm... I guess not!

Siem de Jong, Abdelak Nouri and Daley Blind - Retired

Viktor Fischer - He is still playing at Midtjylland in Denmark. He's had a great career, £25M move to Liverpool in 2017, then a £20M move to Manchester City in 2018, in 2021 another £20M move to Barcelona. Free transfer to Twente in 2025, moved to Middlesbrough in 2028 before joining Midtjylland last summer. Won all the domestic achievements in Holland and the Premier League with Manchester City.

Thierry Henry - Retired in 2015 at New York. Never won anymore than he already has, probably because I never loaded the MLS.

Phillipp Lahm - Aston Villa manager. Since retiring in 2019 he's managed the following... Recreativo, AZ, Vitesse, Koln, Napoli, Ajax, Aston Villa. Not bad for less than 10 years in management.

Robert Lewandowski - Retired. He never left Dortmund until 2020 when he moved to Wolves, left for Los Angeles a year later where he retired.

Leon Goretzka - Unemployed coach. Spent his entire Dortmund career out on loan before permanently moving to Wolfsburg in 2020. Just retired from playing this summer after 3 years at Frankfurt.

Andrea Pirlo - Retired at Juventus in 2015.

David Moyes was sacked in March 2015 after only winning the Community Shield. They finished 4th in his one full season in charge. Lost to Yeovil in the FA Cup 3rd Round and it was a 5th Round defeat to Man City the following year that sealed his fate. His main failure was the Champions League, finished 3rd to Milan and Leverkusen by some distance.

Diego Simeone came in and stayed until 2034. They won the Champions League SIX times in a row (2018,2019,2020,2021,2022 and 2023).

please send this to the Glazers:D would like to know what happened to Beckham/José Mourinho/ please

Mourinho took Manchester United and conquered Europe big time.... more detail later...

Conor Cable and Louis Tomlinson dont look like they made any sort of career in my save.

David Beckham really didnt do a lot. Played out his career and that was it.

Jose Mourinho - Moved to Manchester United in 2018. Remember this is 13 so he never went back to Chelsea... 6 Champions Leagues, 1 with Real Madrid first season and 5 with Manchester United (2019, 2023, 2025, 2027) he retired a European Champion. His domestic form at United wasnt fantastic however only 2 Premier Leagues, 2 FA Cups and 1 League Cup. Top of that Hall of Fame too overtaking Sir Alex Ferguson.

Burnley

Rochdale

Rushall

Eastleigh

Alfreton

Chester

Burnley

Reading

and finally - Liverpool!

Giggs in mine went from coach to manager of Man Utd. Still think he's there. His attributes are pretty good. Won a few titles too.

Giggs retired at the end of the second season and Lee Gregory has retired, released by Halifax at the end of the second season. Don't know where he went after that.

Desperatly want to know when Carles Puyol,Xavi and Messi will be retiring, so that I can make proper alternatives early on.

Desperatly want to know when Carles Puyol,Xavi and Messi will be retiring, so that I can make proper alternatives early on.
They are likely to retire at different times. Best thing is to plan for Puyol and Xavi as soon as you take over.

Carles Puyol - Mirandes U19 manager. Been there for 13 years now. Retired at the end of the current real life season.

Xavi - He retired in 2015 at Barcelona

Leo Messi - An unemployed manager, but, he's never managed anyone since retiring in 2022.

Might aswell put this down too..

Iniesta played about 30 times in 5 years before retiring in 2017. He made 1 whole appearance at Arsenal in the 2016-17 season after he moved there on a free in 2016. Wasted!

They are likely to retire at different times. Best thing is to plan for Puyol and Xavi as soon as you take over.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.