Sports Interactive Community
chopra_hill

The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

Congrats to Paul and the rest of you guys, well pleased. ??

Well done guys. Quite funny that despite how good you've been, you needed Cyprus of all teams to actually win to get you through :D

Love having home nations at tournaments, makes it so much more interesting.

Amazing scenes last night in town. Think the bierkeller may need some new pool tables :D

Loved the Chris Coleman walking off quickly before running back. Fantastic for the 700 die hards that would've been everywhere to qualify for a ticket.

Would've been nice to top the group but even a draw wouldn't have done that so not too bothered. Certainly not gunna complain at finishing 2nd :D

We Need to start Vokes imo btw.

Now to nurse the hangover. Might have some baguette and brie

You could see they were far from delighted to have lost

They then found out they had qualified which was when they went mad, and rightly so

Tomorrow's going to be one hell of a party :thup:

Flights to Paris and two nights at the start booked. Can't wait for december's draw to find out where we'll be living the dream next summer!

Heh I've just read a bbc news article that says Uefa will be dealing with the applications for wales games and suggests that if you're not registered you'll struggle.

I didn't bother with the registering last month because I was supremely confident id get them through FAW with 4 of the last 7 away games on credit and a ST for this year

Early to panic but I'll be ****ing furious if the FAW haven't made it abruptly clear we'd need to register with Uefa last month to apply

Dempsey's refused to put the Bosnia - Wales game on their TVs on Saturday apparently, because they had people in there who wanted to watch the England - Uruguay game in the Rugby World Cup.

Of course, it's their right to do so.

However, worth remembering tonight when we're out celebrating. Maybe one to avoid.

Well that is inexcusable really. Unless it's more a Rugby Bar, in which I'd avoid it if I wanted to watch any kind of football

I also find it hard to believe anyone wanted to watch England/Uruguay :D

Dempsey's refused to put the Bosnia - Wales game on their TVs on Saturday apparently, because they had people in there who wanted to watch the England - Uruguay game in the Rugby World Cup.

Of course, it's their right to do so.

However, worth remembering tonight when we're out celebrating. Maybe one to avoid.

**** that, it's a joke. Was in there last week after Fiji V Wales but won't be back for a while.

Prince of Wales also refused to let us in because we had football shirts on on Saturday. I was the only one allowed in out of 9 because I didn't have one on. Funny thing is my mate had wore a rugby and football top out for the day. He took his football top off and they let him straight in!

Had previously liked both places but won't be returning. Funny thing is both places will be begging for the custom next June

Cracking night last night. Nice to see Rambo get a goal. Would've been fitting to see Ashley Williams get one as well but twice denied. Absolute comedy ending to the game with the keeper!

Celebrations were great. When they spent 5 mins getting that stage together I was worried it was going to be some ott cringe fest but they got it just right. The players and fans loved it and the Ledley dance was brilliant :D such team spirit and have to echo what penge said somewhere, not really arsed who we get now as getting there is enough. Anything else is a bonus.

AINT NOBODY

LIKE JOE LEDLEY...

Should have scored more last night, but difficult to do when they put 11 men behind the ball. 30 shots on goal, 11 on target. Worked hard for them.

Didn't help that every time we worked a good position that they'd resort to cynical fouls either. Ah well, a wins a win.

Onwards and upwards, we go to France. Don't care who we get as long as we don't get England. We deserve the chance for it to be about us for a while, drawing them would just make us extras to the media.

Wasn't expecting them to roll over but quite shocked at how cynical they were, I know they must be pissed off at losing every game but some of the tackling was really poor

No matter now, great night, not sure I ever thought it would happen for us - still in a very weird headspace at the moment

Decided long ago I wouldn't go to a tournament until we qualified, bring it on

No plans in place yet but I'll be there :)

Like I said to you on whatsapp, just going to take the tent and camp everywhere. Will be plenty of places to do that. So excited for it. Don't see the point in planning ahead without knowing where we are.

While I'd love to see a game while over there, I'm conscious that so many others will too and tickets will be hard & expensive to come by, so if I get a game it'll be a bonus. Being at the fan parks will be good enough.

I think generally when you are out there then opportunities to get tickets do arise if you ask about. If you're thinking of it as a bonus then great but you may well find it easier to get them than you think

I reckon that's a good shout

I think I'll be OK for tickets with the FAW but, much like Carter said above, I just want to be around the whole experience and absolutely treasure every second

Friendly with the Dutch finally confirmed for Friday 13th at the CCS

So wish it was the Saturday, gonna be hurtling down the M4 after work/school to make it

Wales squad to face Netherlands:

Goalkeepers

Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Daniel Ward (Aberdeen, on loan from Liverpool), Owain Fon Williams (Inverness Caledonian Thistle).

Defenders

Ashley Williams (Swansea City), James Chester (West Bromwich Albion), James Collins (West Ham United), Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Gunter (Reading), Neil Taylor (Swansea City), Adam Henley (Blackburn Rovers), Paul Dummett (Newcastle United).

Midfielders

Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), Joe Allen (Liverpool), David Vaughan (Nottingham Forest), Emyr Huws (Wigan Athletic), Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace), Andy King (Leicester City), David Edwards (Wolverhampton Wanderers).

Forwards

David Cotterill (Birmingham City), Tom Lawrence (Blackburn Rovers, on loan from Leicester City), Tom Bradshaw (Walsall), Simon Church (Milton Keynes Dons), Sam Vokes (Burnley).

It really does look painfully weak without Bale or Ramsey in the side. Tom Bradshaw was seen as the one to fill the vacant spot in the squad (not that he'll start) ffs. Will still probably win as the Netherlands national team is in freefall right now but still, it does show how much Wales are relying on a couple of star players to bring the team up if this is what they look like without them. I count 11 top flight players, mostly in defence. Although at least the days of the likes of Danny Gabbidon are gone.

Nah, we're pot 4 whatever.

In all seriousness, would be nice to keep our decent form going and win without Ramsey and Bale but doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. Not much up top without GB mind so fingers crossed he stays fit for France.

Yeah it'd certainly be a big statement if Wales proved they could still beat the "big" sides without Ramsey and Bale. With any luck some of the younger lower league players put in a good shift in France and attract the attention of bigger sides, cos having NT players playing regularly in bigger teams would really benefit the team overall.

Obviously pales into insignificance generally today but pleased with last night. Looked good in attack and conceded a couple of goals that I doubt would happen with a full strength defence.

HRK has to be worried for his spot after tom Lawrence's performance.

Chris Coleman should've also made a sub in the last few mins. If you make more than 6 subs then the result doesn't count towards the rankings.

Nice to hear Lawrence doing well again. Quite a few Leicester fans calling for Lawrence to be given a chance in our first team when his loan at Blsckburn finishes in January. Sounds like he's playing really well atm and we've still not really found a player to be alongside/in behind Vardy, so he may be the solution.

Obviously pales into insignificance generally today but pleased with last night. Looked good in attack and conceded a couple of goals that I doubt would happen with a full strength defence.

HRK has to be worried for his spot after tom Lawrence's performance.

Chris Coleman should've also made a sub in the last few mins. If you make more than 6 subs then the result doesn't count towards the rankings.

Well if anything it showed that, Robben aside, Wales' squad can still compete without Bale and Ramsey. Huws and Lawrence put down decent claims for future consideration.

Nice to hear Lawrence doing well again. Quite a few Leicester fans calling for Lawrence to be given a chance in our first team when his loan at Blsckburn finishes in January. Sounds like he's playing really well atm and we've still not really found a player to be alongside/in behind Vardy, so he may be the solution.

That would be great ahead of the euros.

Well if anything it showed that, Robben aside, Wales' squad can still compete without Bale and Ramsey. Huws and Lawrence put down decent claims for future consideration.

Yeah, agreed. Happy with that. Cracking header from Huws.

All booked.

4 nights in Bordeaux

3 nights in Lille

6 nights in Toulouse

Absolutely ****ing buzzing :D

Would've preferred to avoid England for the circus element but footballing wise it's a decent group and Slovakia first is a great chance to get off the mark.

Chris Coleman had a dream..

Wales-Russia tickets :thup:

Literally no offence meant to you Rob and I'm sure you won't take it this way but someone who's a staunch England fan like yourself getting tickets to this is just a joke for me. :D how the neutral zone can be so dominant is beyond me.

Allocations looking like

6700 v Slovakia

6100 v England

5100 v Russia

Stupid.

Btw I don't know how that post comes across because I really don't mean it specifically at you ha and I hope you have a great time :thup: fingers crossed I'll be in there alongside you

Nah, I know what you mean. Always going to be the way though, sell a decent amount pre-draw otherwise they risk having something like Romania v Albania come out in the biggest ground and then can't fill it.

I'm past caring so much about England nowadays tbh, just want to tour round the different cities and see the different grounds and not really bothered who we watch... We have a good route mapped out to take in Paris, St Etienne, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille and Lille. Six games in about eight days, different stadium each time.