The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most pleasing thing about this performance, for me, was how we came through an extended spell of Bosnian pressure unscathed and still managed to lift ourselves to finish strongly.

The side are really showing signs of growing.

In a parallel universe that we would be familiar with we would be on 1 point from these two games and although a win against Bosnia would really have put us over the hill and far away I think holding a World Cup finalist to a draw is good going.

The acid test is Cyprus. If we win and keep top spot I will upgrade myself from 'confident' to 'giddy'.

We all know Belgium will win this group but I think we have a shot at 2nd. If everything goes our way I think we just need to make sure we get 4 points off Israel. Hard, but not impossible.

Most pleasing thing about this performance, for me, was how we came through an extended spell of Bosnian pressure unscathed and still managed to lift ourselves to finish strongly.

The side are really showing signs of growing.

i support this post

beautiful night, crowd was so good. no negativity, when we were under the cosh the noise went up a notch to help keep them out. and when we got at them in the last 10 minutes it went up again

if that bale effort in the last minute had gone in there would have been absolute carnage :D

all the players seem to care, that hasnt been the case in the past, and that should put to bed any nonsense about coleman

the next game is always the big game but we have to beat cyprus on monday, that will mean we are very much in it next year regardless of what happens in brussels

Jonny Williams injured

If there is a god then he certainly isn't welsh :(

Robson-Kanu up top instead of church for me tomorrow. George Williams and Dave Edwards in for Jonny and Taylor and go 433

Hennessy; Gunter, Williams, Chester, Davies, King, Ledley, Edwards, Bale (rw), HRK (cf), George Williams (LW)

Yeah so do I, but I don't think it's the right thing to do.

Players and FAW really going into PR overdrive with the "fans were class", "need the same again", "unbelievable support" tweets and Instagram etc. Literally every player mentioned it and still is today. Less tweeting and more goals please :D

Until Vokes is fit I would agree with Chris. Especially with Robson-Kanu providing support from out wide.

How good was George Williams today? The boy has talent. Cotterill too did well when he came on, especially with it being so early in the game.

Any news on Church?

What a great result today was. Glad I was able to actually get there today. Would have hated having tickets for both games & missing both games.

Onwards & upwards.

So buzzing right now. Great atmosphere and team. Ashley Williams and James Chester superb. Gunter reliable as ever. Everyone played their part!

George Williams was great, does he not get in the Fulham team?!

Haven't seen the challenge back from king!! Feel we saw it out fantastically though. Professional as hell, how Gunter didn't get booked is beyond me :D

Cotterill was very lucky not to get red carded. Our defence was superb and everyone played their part. Fantastic team spirit.

Absolutely love how we have so much players scattered around the Championship/Prem(mostly young players). Let's crack on and play without pressure against Belgium with Bale,Ramsey, Allen and Vokes all playing.

After that let's hope our players keep improving e.e Lawrence, Emyr Huws, Dummett, Joniesta, Lee Evans, Jake Taylor etc at club level to give us more headaches. Who knows perhaps another James Chester will spring out of nowhere, who has been fantastic by the way. :thup:

Oh and how many times over the last few years would we have seen ourselves on the wrong end of the result even at 2-1 after losing a man?

So proud to see how strong this team is.

Yet still you have people wanting to slate Coleman. (obviously not here) It's pathetic.

Definitely! Some or the challenges were shocking.

One loss in eight now I think. Can't argue. Thought he got it spot on again tonight. Before the game and during.

Cotterill was very lucky not to get red carded. Our defence was superb and everyone played their part. Fantastic team spirit.

Absolutely love how we have so much players scattered around the Championship/Prem(mostly young players). Let's crack on and play without pressure against Belgium with Bale,Ramsey, Allen and Vokes all playing.

After that let's hope our players keep improving e.e Lawrence, Emyr Huws, Dummett, Joniesta, Lee Evans, Jake Taylor etc at club level to give us more headaches. Who knows perhaps another James Chester will spring out of nowhere, who has been fantastic by the way. :thup:

What did cottrell do? Must've missed it.

Agree on Chester, so old school! Love it.

What :D

I'm not having that at all hec sorry

It's true. Allen is more important to us than Ramsay. When's the last time Aaron's bought his best to a camp? Ever? Never?

I get the feeling he doesn't care as much as some of the other players. We've all seen the vine of Bale at the final whistle today.

Bale

And I'm not sure what you're thinking about Rambo tbh :D

Absolutely thrilled with all of them this week really, they clearly want this as much as we do. What a find Chester has been

I'm off to Brussels too, anything there would obviously be a massive bonus but we are very much in it now whatever happens

It's true. Allen is more important to us than Ramsay. When's the last time Aaron's bought his best to a camp? Ever? Never?

I get the feeling he doesn't care as much as some of the other players. We've all seen the vine of Bale at the final whistle today.

Yesterday was the first qualifier we've won without him since 2008...

Talking of young players always seemed strange to me that Aaron Phillips had never been involved with the Welsh at any levels at all and doesn't even seem to be on their radar despite his dad having over 60 caps for Wales. He's a little on the small side but he's a RB with a very bright future imo, he's very technically sound and a fantastic tackler of the ball. Not like you are ever overflowing with talent or anything either.

Plus he can't half hit them (goals 1 and 2).

[video=youtube;ABFqZWLm_DA]

How do Wales fans feel about there being 6 English players in your lineup last night? I'm guessing it's always a number similar to that.

Given that's more English players starting than Welsh, I suppose you're more of an England B or England C side rather than a Welsh national team.

According to wikipedia, his father was born in Germany.

Possible, that despite his father being a Welsh International, that the lad doesn't actually qualify for Wales?

From what I know Dave Phillips qualified through his dad, so surely he'd still be eligible under the granny rule? Would be pretty ridiculous if your dad could be a full international with well over half a century of caps but you weren't even able to qualify!

d it's not ok to say anything negative about a player who has ever played for Cardiff.

odd thing to say when a load of cardiff fans (which has no relevance in this thread) have been praising swansea and ex swansea players :D

If you're gunna chat bollocks about our second best player then expect to be called up on it ...

Arsenal fan by any chance?

FYI the two constants in this thread are Arsenal fans like to come here to sandpit their stupidity and it's not ok to say anything negative about a player who has ever played for Cardiff.

No I'm very capable of criticizing Declan John and Craig Bellamy(more club level last season) but although Ramsey's been off his game in the last month or so he's still the second name on the team sheet for me. His performances for Wales e.e Belgium away, Scotland 2011 have still been outstanding at times.

No I'm very capable of criticizing Declan John and Craig Bellamy(more club level last season) but although Ramsey's been off his game in the last month or so he's still the second name on the team sheet for me. His performances for Wales e.e Belgium away, Scotland 2011 have still been outstanding at times.

Fair enough. But I still maintain that point that he's underperformed recently. There's no way I'm watching Arsenal games but regardless I know he can play better for us, sometimes his best games are when the pressure's off, like when our qualification is over. Ben Davies contributed more against Andorra without getting hardly a breath of a compliment in here. Ashley Williams has been slagged off in here but look at how well he's running that back four so far.

If we're going to do this the one player who needs to buck their ideas up a bit is Ramsey.

Archived