The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are in Bordeaux for Belgium v Ireland on Sat 18th. Not arriving until lunchtime immediately before the game but then sticking around until the Monday morning. Booked two night somewhere centralish in Bordeaux. Then on the Monday we are driving from Bordeaux to Toulouse for Russia-Wales.

Would be keen for a beer or two if this suits your timings, but you would have to be prepared to embrace a couple of Englishmen and also explain to me how Whatsapp works.

i'm still there next weekend rob, and travelling to toulouse on the monday. will pm you my number

fancy that belgian game myself but i suspect there may be a few in green willing to outbid me

Depends if you want to win the group, or just care about progressing. Draw is fine if you just want to progress, but having won the first game, a Slovakia win would give better chances of progressing 1st imo.

Yeah that makes sense. Love the Slovakia fans after Saturday as well so will be cheering them on I think

Cheers mate.

Haha, we were in a shopping centre in Bordeaux on Monday afternoon (getting a jacket each after packing 1 between 6 of us expecting nothing but sun) and a Turkish fan come up the escalator, spotted a bucket hat and starts belting out Hal, Robson, Hal Robson-Kanu in the middle of the shopping centre. We were all hungover to bits but couldn't let him down so all joined in for a good minute rendition, which he loved. The people around us more bemused than anything :D

Loved all over :cool:

Yep. I was expecting a loss today, but it's the manner in which it happened more than anything else. The defence was outstanding, the odd iffy moment from Ashley Williams aside.

They should be okay against Russia really, as long as they're not so defensive.

Got over that fairly quickly

Disappointed in our lack of ambition but we were so close to pulling it off

Can't wait for Monday, we owe them big time and I'm confident we can do it

Win for at least 2nd place and a winnable r16 game next weekend

Off to Toulouse on Sunday

This, my friends, is living :cool:

Not too disappointed in our lack of ambition or whatever - a draw would've effectively put us through so can understand it.

Plus it worked. I've not seen it back but there two goals seemed to come from nothing.

Hard to take when so late after defending so well but we move on to Toulouse. Will a draw definitely put us through or will we be waiting on other results?

Cracking day (until a certain point) with no trouble btw.

Cheers mate.

Haha, we were in a shopping centre in Bordeaux on Monday afternoon (getting a jacket each after packing 1 between 6 of us expecting nothing but sun) and a Turkish fan come up the escalator, spotted a bucket hat and starts belting out Hal, Robson, Hal Robson-Kanu in the middle of the shopping centre. We were all hungover to bits but couldn't let him down so all joined in for a good minute rendition, which he loved. The people around us more bemused than anything :D

Loved all over :cool:

Haha that's awesome. Hope you guys go through now.

Those of you with tickets for tomorrow: which colour gate is the Welsh FA allocation? Trying to work out if we are in the neutral section next to you lot (preferred), or in the neutral section the Russians might charge.

Those of you with tickets for tomorrow: which colour gate is the Welsh FA allocation? Trying to work out if we are in the neutral section next to you lot (preferred), or in the neutral section the Russians might charge.

My ticket isn't too hand atm but I think we are the right end as you look at TV for the Toulouse stadium. Whether this helps or not I don't know but I'm currently nursing a very sore head.

Great night last night, not a spot of bother with any Russians or police. Far too nervous today though, already been up an hour and had two match day number 2s. Whether that's the 3am kebab mind remains to be seen...

I'm so nervous I've convinced myself we are going to lose comfortably. I should believe in this group of players much more than that but the pessimism is just natural after the amount of ***** over the last 20 years since I went to my first match aged 5.

(God knows how some of you oldies like Gregg feel ;) )

You can afford to lose by one goal and you'll still have a better record than Albania. So then you just need one more 3rd place team to be worse off - either Group D or E.

The bad news is whoever finishes 3rd in the group is probably going to play Germany or Spain.

Haha that's awesome. Hope you guys go through now.

Hal and Jonny Williams need new clubs next season. They've both been good in the Euros so far and Hal is currently unattached so worth a punt for most Championship clubs. Jonny Williams might get more game time at Palace next year but a move to another club might be best for him right now.

Blue mate

Tremendous. We're right next to the Russians then :thup:

just spent best part of 200'euros each on the only bar in Paris still serving to keep the champagne flowing. Ian Rush selfie and living the dream. **** it, why not.

Little old Wales taking the **** top of the group :D

We love champagne, we love to dance, we're top of the league in the South of France :cool:

Archived