The Wales road to Euro 2016 thread - featuring the best British midfielder (and Gareth Bale)

chopra_hill

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That pitch really was awful wasn't it? I've played on several astroturf pitches over the years and I've never seen any kick up as much astroturf as that pitch when the ball rolled along the ground, schools local to me have better pitches than that!

posted this on 2 ...

I think everyone's reading too much into Coleman yesterday. I'm not his biggest fan by any means, and he made mistakes yesterday, but that is the anomaly rather than the norm lately imo. Think he's done fine. If we don't qualify then he should go but people slating him because we scraped past Andorra is silly. As I said before the match, Andorra only lost 2-0 to Holland in the WC qualifiers. I think people should wait until the double-header next month before judging. Can't remember if I read it on here or elsewhere but yesterday did highlight the lack of a CF at the moment. Need Vokes back as at least he is a presence.

The only slightly amusing thing in the whole Ched Evans situation is the utter lack of shame his Girlfriend has. Either she's standing by a rightly convicted rapist for an abhorrent crime or she's standing by a wrongly convicted man who sees nothing wrong in cheating on her with a random drunk girl he's met in a club while his friends watch.

Yet there she is "standing by him". The girl ought to have more self respect.

http://chedevans.com

Just no :D

I'd like to think we are not that desperate to maybe qualify for something.

Tbf I don't think the majority of people will be making their decision on whether he's banging them in and thus will make us more likely to qualify. I think it'll be a decision people make on whether they feel he's free to get on with his life having served his time (as he would if he worked in Tesco) or whether he should be punished further having served the time that the judge decided was enough.

Tbf I don't think the majority of people will be making their decision on whether he's banging them in and thus will make us more likely to qualify. I think it'll be a decision people make on whether they feel he's free to get on with his life having served his time (as he would if he worked in Tesco) or whether he should be punished further having served the time that the judge decided was enough.

If he worked in Tesco, he'd not be free to carry on with his job. He may get another job in Asda, or another Tesco store, but he almost certainly wouldn't get his old job back as if nothing had happened.

If he worked in Tesco, he'd not be free to carry on with his job. He may get another job in Asda, or another Tesco store, but he almost certainly wouldn't get his old job back as if nothing had happened.

He'd still get a job back though. He's just lucky that he's in an industry as lucrative as football and where his talent deems him a big asset. Do you think he should not play professional football again or just not represent his country?

You'd like to think that the outcry would be to the point that other professionals refused to play with him, managers/coaching staff and board members refused to have people that have killed people through drink driving, raped people etc representing their club, but at least at the time being that outcry isn't there. Perhaps one day there will be. Its not just football though its basically any profession where someone has talent and can provide some form of entertainment value like acting, music etc. Its a lot like, yeah you're a terrible human being, but you can score goals/make music people like/sell tickets to go see a film.

He'd still get a job back though. He's just lucky that he's in an industry as lucrative as football and where his talent deems him a big asset. Do you think he should not play professional football again or just not represent his country?

People with criminal convictions are entitled to work again. They're not necessarily entitled to continue their career again. A better example would be to discuss the possibility of say, an Account Manager working for a Producy Vendor being convicted & on returning to work, being able to get a job in Asda. That is a more likely situation in this case than the one we raised.

You're not going from the same job to the same job, you're finding yourself in a different career, lower than where you were before.

As for where I stand?

Under the current system, If he gets his job back with Sheffield United, then I would like the FAW to come out with a ruling that states that regardless of his level of performance, so long as that conviction stands, that he will never be eligible to play for Wales again.

What would I actually like to see? I'd like Football to take a stand against players like Ched Evans & others with criminal convictions for assault & rape & decide that, should players be found guilty in a court of law, that there will be a decision not to re-employ them.

People with criminal convictions are entitled to work again. They're not necessarily entitled to continue their career again. A better example would be to discuss the possibility of say, an Account Manager working for a Producy Vendor being convicted & on returning to work, being able to get a job in Asda. That is a more likely situation in this case than the one we raised.

You're not going from the same job to the same job, you're finding yourself in a different career, lower than where you were before.

As for where I stand?

Under the current system, If he gets his job back with Sheffield United, then I would like the FAW to come out with a ruling that states that regardless of his level of performance, so long as that conviction stands, that he will never be eligible to play for Wales again.

What would I actually like to see? I'd like Football to take a stand against players like Ched Evans & others with criminal convictions for assault & rape & decide that, should players be found guilty in a court of law, that there will be a decision not to re-employ them.

Good post Gregg.

As I said yesterday, I'm not going to argue with anyone too much as it's obviously a delicate situation. I think he should be able to continue his career though, I think he's just very lucky that Sheff United will take him back at the level he was at beforehand. For that reason, I'd feel a hypocrite if I said he shouldn't play for Wales or Cardiff though as I support them. But I do feel it would benefit everyone if they did come out an issue a statement like you suggest.

For me it's a simple fact that his mere presence in the squad has the potential to be divisive and distracting. However right or wrong that is, we do not need it. We can have the moral argument until we're blue in the face. We need to concentrate on the actual football because we are not that good at it.

Vokes fit and playing ok and there is no argument anyway. For me he's always been the better forward.

• 2 weeks later...

I avoided the tournament tickets because I didnt fancy any of the seats that were available when i checked it & there's potential for me to go with other people for some games, so didnt want to just buy one in case i went with others.

Bought tickets for both games now.

Am in the new stand for the first game.

Not overly confident for our games against Wales tbf. A lot of players that were decisive in our previous campaign are lacking matches, or aren't performing at the same level. Fellaini, De Bruyne (barring that amazing goal against Lille), Lukaku, Mirallas injured, Mertens not playing much at Napoli, Dembele.. Not as confident as I was last campaign. Curious to see what we do against Andorra. Expecting a big win, but then again Andorra will set out to defend so you never know. Hope Hazard can continue his Chelsea form. Also, Origi :cool:

Archived